• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 1726

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I've been with the program for 5 years 3 months, in level 4 with observer, expert under my level.

I just enrolled in the omega updates, should it just pop up somewhere now?

upinsmoke

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
It's split between gold and game pass. You don't get 12 month gold for example.

You also can't reverse it back, the FAQ says once you switch to ultimate you can't switch back to gold only or game pass only. You're ultimate permanently hence why these deals keep popping up because people think they're getting free game pass or vice verser but in the long run you're quite literally fucking yourselt
People aren't really fucking themselves if they have like 2 or 3 years of game pass already and then get xblg for a dollar or a pound. It's a no brainer. I'm pretty sure once your sub lapses you can go back to regular gold or game pass as separate subs

Topping up Gold while on GP Ultimate

Deleted member 22407

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
So I just tried another month gold I get this message:

Redeeming your Prepaid Xbox Live Gold 1-Month code will automatically convert to 20 days of Xbox Game Pass Ultimate and will be added to your current Xbox Game Pass Ultimate account. By redeeming this code, you agree to this conversion. All conversions are final; ratio subject to change. See xbox.com/gamepass If you choose not to redeem at this time, you can keep your code and redeem it prior to its expiry date, if any.

After doing this if I go to change my plan (to pay quarterly for example), I can see that my next payment date has moved forward. I'm doing everyone via the MS account site. It looks like while you convert it, it doesnt do a full swap (so a 28 day gold card = 20 days GPU). Still good.

Last edited:

Phil me in

Nov 22, 2018
Meh I legit thought it was going to give me 6 to 36 months of game pass as I currently don't subscribe. Was just offering me one month for one pound lol.

ElBoxy

Oct 25, 2017
It's split between gold and game pass. You don't get 12 month gold for example.

You also can't reverse it back, the FAQ says once you switch to ultimate you can't switch back to gold only or game pass only. You're ultimate permanently hence why these deals keep popping up because people think they're getting free game pass or vice verser but in the long run you're quite literally fucking yourselt
You can let it expire and go back to subbing to Gold and Game Pass separately.

gabdeg

Oct 26, 2017
🐝
Was kinda risky in case it wouldn't work but I got 2x 12 month codes for XBL Gold, redeemed them and then converted them to Ultimate. Worked fine. Now I'm good well into next-gen.

Deleted member 22407

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
So if I added a cheap 12 month gold sub it would add on to my ultimate sub? If so im off to buy a year of gold!
I have x2 1 Month cards and a 12 month one, I was originally on the rolling monthly contract of £10.99 pm, when I did the conversion to GPU it said my next payment date was in July 19, it's now into 2020 so I assume it does work!? Please note this is just my own experience!

dom

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Seems to be showing up for a lot more people now. I'm not in Delta and it didnt show the past 4 days but now it does.
Not sure if you have to still at least join the insider program.
www.microsoft.com

Buy Xbox Game Pass Ultimate - Microsoft Store

Xbox Game Pass Ultimate includes over 100 high-quality games for console, PC, and Android mobile devices (Beta, where available), all the benefits of Xbox Live Gold, and an EA Play membership, all for one low monthly price (subscription continues automatically at regular price). Play together...

Deleted member 22407

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Looks like Game Pass ultimate included XB and PC:

Capture.jpg

Deleted member 3897

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ultimate finally came up for me, been trying for days.

Works for my in Norway now. Ultimate lasts till 2022 for me.

Roukira

Dec 1, 2018
France, Paris
If I subscribe for say one month at 1€, and I want to remove the possibility to be subbed next month, will it remove my current 1 month sub ?

Chris.

Oct 27, 2017
People aren't really fucking themselves if they have like 2 or 3 years of game pass already and then get xblg for a dollar or a pound. It's a no brainer. I'm pretty sure once your sub lapses you can go back to regular gold or game pass as separate subs

You can let it expire and go back to subbing to Gold and Game Pass separately.
from the FAQ

"Purchase of Ultimate automatically upgrades your existing gold or game pass to ultimate at a 1:1 ratio each based on days remaining. Future code redemptions are also subject to a conversion ratio. Conversion ratio subject to change. All conversions to ultimate are final: once converted you cannot reconvert your ultimate membership back to a previous membership. Maxinum 36 months per account at s time includes converted from gold and game pass. "

What's this mean then? Because that's as clear as day to me - If you switch to ultimate, you can't switch back.

I think believing potentially getting several years of free game pass/gold for $1 is silly. There's always gonna be a catch and the catch seems to be that you're locked into ultimate and forced into paying the higher price.

TimFL

Oct 28, 2017
Germany
HEADS UP: Stock up on a few Game Pass (or potentially Gold?) subs before doing this, if you can find them cheap.

Subbing to the 1€ Ultimate combined all my subs (Gold and GP) into Ultimate and combined their duration. Next billing date is 2022.

ElBoxy

Oct 25, 2017
from the FAQ

"Purchase of Ultimate automatically upgrades your existing gold or game pass to ultimate at a 1:1 ratio each based on days remaining. Future code redemptions are also subject to a conversion ratio. Conversion ratio subject to change. All conversions to ultimate are final: once converted you cannot reconvert your ultimate membership back to a previous membership. Maxinum 36 months per account at s time includes converted from gold and game pass. "

What's this mean then? Because that's as clear as day to me - If you switch to ultimate, you can't switch back.

I think believing potentially getting several years of free game pass/gold for $1 is silly. There's always gonna be a catch and the catch seems to be that you're locked into ultimate and forced into paying the higher price.
Since Xbox Game Pass Ultimate combines both Xbox Game Pass and Xbox Live Gold, it's important to remember that once you cancel you'll lose both. Any games you've installed as part of Game Pass will no longer work, and any of the benefits of Gold, such as online multiplayer, will no longer apply until you have an active subscription again to either service or Xbox Game Pass Ultimate.
According to Windows Central you can go back to a separate sub.

Last edited:

dom

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
from the FAQ

If you're not subscribed that means you don't have an Ultimate membership. Just means while you have an active one, you can't go back. Only when the sub ends or you cancel it can you then decided the other option.

idioteque

Nov 8, 2017
Shame they can't be stacked. I remember when Gamepass could be stacked at $1 a go. Think I stacked it till about July 2021. Now that I've added Ultimate for $1 I get XBLive till then too :D

Bumble Bee

Nov 1, 2017
from the FAQ

I believe they are talking about the conversion of live/Game Pass time remaining when you switch to Ultimate. Once you've converted the remaining months you can't go back to your old time remaining on separate Live/Game Pass.

Hamchan

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Seems to be showing up for a lot more people now. I'm not in Delta and it didnt show the past 4 days but now it does.
Not sure if you have to still at least join the insider program.
www.microsoft.com

Buy Xbox Game Pass Ultimate - Microsoft Store

Xbox Game Pass Ultimate includes over 100 high-quality games for console, PC, and Android mobile devices (Beta, where available), all the benefits of Xbox Live Gold, and an EA Play membership, all for one low monthly price (subscription continues automatically at regular price). Play together...

Thank you, it finally showed up for me.

Now subbed until March 2022.

Microsoft basically has my purchase for next gen locked in, smart from them.

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Good timing for me. Gold was about to expire but I had gamepass until March next year. So now I get gold extended for another nearly 12 months.

imax

Oct 28, 2017
Note: Purchase of the Ultimate plan automatically upgrades your existing Xbox Live Gold or Xbox Game Pass membership(s) to Ultimate at a conversion ratio each based on days remaining. Learn how this works at www.xbox.com/gamepass. Future code redemptions are also subject to a conversion ratio

So after converting to Ultimate, does that mean future code redemptions of Xbox Live Gold or Game Pass will stack onto an Ultimate sub up to 36 months?

Deleted member 57421

Banned
Jun 4, 2019
Thanks for the Ultimate conversion link. Managed to get 3 months for £2 (having taken up the offer of 3 months for £1 last month)

Sim

Oct 25, 2017
So after converting to Ultimate, does that mean future code redemptions of Xbox Live Gold or Game Pass will stack onto an Ultimate sub up to 36 months?

Huh I'd like to know this as well. Regretting not adding another year to my sub before switching to ultimate.

dom

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

TechnicPuppet

Oct 28, 2017
I bought 30 months of gold to add to the 6 months of gamepass I already had, converted and now I'm set until 9th June 2022. Fantastic.