• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

VeePs

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
So basically if you have say 10 months left of Xbox live on your subscription. When you sign up for the Ultimate with the $1 deal it converts that 10 months of regular Xbox live into Xbox Game Pass Ultimate. Which is Xbox live+Game Pass that's regularly 14.99 a month. If I would have found 12 months of Live on sale for say $40 and used that beforehand. I would have been able to convert that into 12 months of Ultimate for $41 essentially. Probably needs to be explained to everyone in the OP. So your 3 month card of XBL is worth 3 months of XBL ultimate for $1...
It combines your two subs.

Ie if you have 1 month of Gold and 1 month of Game Pass you'll get 2 months of Ultimate.

So in other words, if you wanted to take maximum advantage of it, you'd make it so you've got a combined total of 36 months between your subs before you swap to the Ultimate sub.
It will convert whatever existing Gold and Game Pass you have into Ultimate, then add them together. So if you have 3 months of Gold and 3 months GP, you'll instantly get 6 months of Ultimate access added to your account (It will cancel out your current Gold/GP as they're included in the Ultimate). Best bet is to load up as much as you can then take the trial, I purchased 2 additional years of Gold and added it to my 6 months GP + 1 month Gold I already had THEN took the trial/conversion up, my Ultimate is now not due to expire until 30/04/2022

Also: Remember that if you follow my example, deactivate any renewal you have on Gold atm, as you get an additional month for turning it on. Do this each time you add a code (Turn off, add code, accept renewal, repeat) and they stack.

Wow. Thanks guys.

Ill try it out now.

khamakazee

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I just subbed again for 1 month for the regular Game Pass, I don't know how Microsoft is making money if I can just not sub for a few months and then come back for $1.

Sanchoco

Dec 3, 2018
So before this I was already a gold and game pass member. When I go to extend gold, its 9.99 though.

You have to be part of the insider program(at least at Delta tier)

It you are, then search for "Xbox gamepass Ultimate" on the Xbox store. In the suggestions, Xbox gamepass ultimate should be an option and select it.

From there you should be able to subscribe to Ultimate for a dollar and have your gold and gamepass subscriptions combined.

Neonzel

Hero of Bowerstone
Apr 30, 2018
Philadelphia
Oh wow thanks my experation date went from 9/10/2020(9/7 for game pass) all the way to 1/12/2022. Man I'm set for a while.

LQX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What if you have more years of Game Pass than you do gold? ie. 2 years game pass and just 2 months of gold remaining? Will Ultimate be extend for 2 years?

Superman2x7

Banned
Nov 4, 2017
You have to be part of the insider program(at least at Delta tier)

It you are, then search for "Xbox gamepass Ultimate" on the Xbox store. In the suggestions, Xbox gamepass ultimate should be an option and select it.

From there you should be able to subscribe to Ultimate for a dollar and have your gold and gamepass subscriptions combined.

Got it!!! Was able to change it to ultimate, how do I purchase more then 1 thing though? I want to purchase like 6

I KILL PXLS

Oct 25, 2017
Someone in here mentioned earlier it only works for Delta level insiders. So the only option if you just joined the insider program is to wait a month. 1 month in the program + level 2 or above makes you eligible for the Delta update.

I'd love to be proven wrong though since I'm in the same boat.
I've been in the program a long time but I'm only at rookie level and I was able to find Ultimate in the store by searching.

Hamchan

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I can only get Omega. Going to pretty pissed off if I miss this deal to be honest.

Moai

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chile
Thanks for this. My gamepass expired on january 2020 ans was able to extended it till june 2022

RoadDogg

Oct 27, 2017
So how do I make this show up? I joined the insider program, leveled up to 2, joined the beta and installed that but don't see it in the store

Edit - looks like I need to find a way to the delta ring instead of the omega ring? I am out of surveys to hit level 3 if that is how I do it...

Last edited:

grosbard

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Not sure if this has been mentioned but the deal worked for me and I am a CURRENT gold and game pass subscriber.

Oct 27, 2017
I just signed up for insider, got the update, only see regular gamepass on the store. Maybe I am too new of an insider.

MaulerX

Oct 30, 2017
I literally have Game Pass Ultimate for the max 36 months (3 years). If you're in the insider program this is a no brainer.

I just signed up for insider, got the update, only see regular gamepass on the store. Maybe I am too new of an insider.

It doesn't show up in the regular store. Only on the insider app. Even there it might take a little bit after signing up before it pops up.

Deleted member 11039

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So, the best thing would be to extend my normal Gold to the max amount and then do the $1 ultimate thing yes?

SP.

Oct 27, 2017
Not sure. How do you check that?

In the app where you opt in to the insider updates it'll tell you what you're using.

2q8zhp2.png

TheUnseenTheUnheard

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
May 25, 2018
This is tempting especially if it works on PC but in reality I don't really play a bunch of new games often enough. I usually stick to a select few and add a new title in the mix every now and then.

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
I now have Ultimate until January of next year. Thanks OP.

Oct 27, 2017
any quick way to level up the insider to get to the next level? I have 15/20 points from ratings amd ran dry on them.

Hey Please

Avenger
Oct 31, 2017
Not America
I recently bought the 3 month sub of GP for a buck but do not currently have gold sub. Would subscribing to the year long gold service yield any benefit for me?

Deleted member 11039

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Bam!

Just bought 2 years of Gold for $84.
Did the $1 ultimate thing.
Now I'm good with Ultimate until May 2022 for roughly $4 a month.

Thanks all.

Sanchoco

Dec 3, 2018
I recently bought the 3 month sub of GP for a buck but do not currently have gold sub. Would subscribing to the year long gold service yield any benefit for me?

It would add on to your remaining gamepass sub if you got the year of gold and then went ahead to ultimate

So 12 from gold+ 2-3 gamepass = ~14-15 months of Ultimate

Meaning you would have over a year long access to game pass while having the benefits of gold at the same time.

Hey Please

Avenger
Oct 31, 2017
Not America
It would add on to your remaining gamepass sub if you got the year of gold and then went ahead to ultimate

So 12 from gold+ 2-3 gamepass = ~14-15 months of Ultimate

Meaning you would have over a year long access to game pass while having the benefits of gold at the same time.

Wow! I literally have a gold sub card sitting at home, unscratched. I do hope this offer is applicable in Canada because I can not find any mention of Ultimate when I visited the GP page.

Sanchoco

Dec 3, 2018
Wow! I literally have a gold sub card sitting at home, unscratched. I do hope this offer is applicable in Canada because I can not find any mention of Ultimate when I visited the GP page.

You have to be an Xbox insider (which should be available in Canada) and be edit: at least in the Delta ring

If you are, then go to the store on your Xbox and search for "Xbox Gamepass Ultimate" and it should appear in the suggestions area.

Hey Please

Avenger
Oct 31, 2017
Not America
You have to be an Xbox insider (which should be available in Canada) and be in the Delta ring

If you are, then go to the store on your Xbox and search for "Xbox Gamepass Ultimate" and it should appear in the suggestions area.

I applied for the ambassador program and get surveys regarding it but I do not believe that makes me an insider. I am on my xbox one right now and it is not showing up.

Le sigh.

VeePs

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
So just curious, will I be charged $1 monthly or $1 until my subscription "expires" and then it'll be $15 per month?

Zafir

Oct 25, 2017
So just curious, will I be charged $1 monthly or $1 until my subscription "expires" and then it'll be $15 per month?
You get charged the 1 now, and then you you'll get charged at normal price when ever your sub expires. You won't get charged 1 monthly at any point.

headspawn

Oct 27, 2017
It's a shame there haven't been any good Xbox Live Gold deals lately to maximise this but it's still an incredible bargain.

RoadDogg

Oct 27, 2017
I just read the Xbox insider faq and you need to be signed up for 1 month and be level 2 to reach the delta tier. I wish I knew about the program sooner, I doubt this will work a month from now.

Anubseth

Jan 10, 2018
I just read the Xbox insider faq and you need to be signed up for 1 month and be level 2 to reach the delta tier. I wish I knew about the program sooner, I doubt this will work a month from now.
It might. About a month ago the game pass ultimate was available to insiders and I wasn't one. So I entered the Insider program and waited. Today I changed to Delta and now I can find Ultimate in the Store (regular store, not in the insider hub).

SP.

Oct 27, 2017

I wouldn't be surprised if it was available that long. It's not a mistake that they are making it ridiculously easy and cheap to lock in your membership for multiple years right as new consoles are about to launch.

Hamchan

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
They better make this deal last for at least a month because knowing that other people are getting a better deal than me is enough to make me unsub from gold and game pass.

Wrellie

Oct 29, 2017

I highly recommend signing up for it now. I was not an Insider when it ran last time. I signed up over a month ago the last time they were doing this, and I have access now to Delta and the Ultimate offer. So, you might miss it this time, but you can hop on board the next time it runs.