• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

How do you purchase games on Xbox? (Excluding Game Pass)

• Physical

Votes: 108 10.4%
  • Digital

Votes: 757 72.6%
  • Mix of both

Votes: 177 17.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Daebo

Oct 26, 2017
Cincinnati
I'd imagine there'd be a 30 dollar upgrade to play CoD a week early, for gamepass, for their early release price of 100 bucks (for the sony/pc folks).

A good way to get a good chunk of money from the Xbox folks.

Oct 27, 2017
50/50

A lot of gamepass subs buy CoD and thats potentially lost revenue, but most of the sales revenue from CoD comes from PS and that isnt a risk of being cannibalized by gamepass.
This is true but if someone is subbed to ultimate they'll get consistent cash for said player especially since the majority of cod players probably play less than 5 games a year. Not including since the low entry price the consumer may be more willing to spend on mtx.

DDrift

Jun 9, 2019
5350979e403b1bb9dd37a46856d7b353.png

Final Fantasy Rebirth on Xbox confirmed!

Granjinhaa

Dec 28, 2023
Heard chatter Contraband could make this year but it's not something I have faith in. We'll see what June has for us (please have Gears 6 and the new iD game).
Do you think that iD's game can already be shown? Like it's far enough in development for that?

Also any news on State of Decay 3? Or any new Global Publishing titles? yes i'm trying to find out a lot

NateDrake

Oct 24, 2017
is banjo still early stages?
Last I heard it was being reworked from its original vision & scope, so it's going to be a bit. Honestly, spoke on it too soon.

Do you think that iD's game can already be shown? Like it's far enough in development for that?

Also any news on State of Decay 3? Or any new Global Publishing titles? yes i'm trying to find out a lot

Very strong chance we see iD's game this year.

Don't know anything on State of Decay 3.

That was the last target I had heard sometime last year.

Sotha_Sil

Nov 4, 2017

I would expect id to be at the summer showcase.

id
Fable
South of Midnight
Contraband
Perfect Dark
Gears 6 or Forza Horizon 6
Starfield Shattered Space

Should be an awesome show.

HibbySloth

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Last I heard it was being reworked from its original vision & scope, so it's going to be a bit. Honestly, spoke on it too soon.

Any clarification given to you on how it's being reworked? In terms of scope, were you given any indication if it's going larger or smaller? If not, I understand.

EDIT -Disregard! I see where you answered this to someone else.

Last edited:

Clippy

Feb 11, 2022
I love it when gamers are like "who wants this?" when they're talking about FPS, one of the most popular genres in gaming.

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
Phil says 10-15% of their Content and Services revenue comes from subscriptions. If we take 15% of the ~$5.41B C&S revenue that means $811.5M sub revenue for the quarter, or $270.5M per month. Divide that by the 34M customers paying, that would mean an average of $7.95 per month per subscriber.

That kind of seems low to me given the base price of $10, or $11, or $17. Of course, there are $60 for 12 month Core subs that will bring the average down. But he says these are paid up subs not promotionary ones, so not $1 subs. But still, Ultimate conversion users are approximately $8/mo, too, so that can explain some of that.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
Phil says 10-15% of their Content and Services revenue comes from subscriptions. If we take 15% of the ~$5.41B C&S revenue that means $811.5M sub revenue for the quarter, or $270.5M per month. Divide that by the 34M customers paying, that would mean an average of $7.95 per month per subscriber.

That kind of seems low to me given the base price of $10, or $11, or $17. Of course, there are $60 for 12 month Core subs that will bring the average down. But he says these are paid up subs not promotionary ones, so not $1 subs. But still, Ultimate conversion users are approximately $8/mo, too, so that can explain some of that.
Isn't it kinda hard to judge if people like
me did the gold trick and are good until 2025 still?

Oct 12, 2020

Me reading that post….

steve-harrington-steve-confused.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.