Should there be a new OT?

• Yes

Votes: 406 52.6%
  • No

Votes: 366 47.4%

• Total voters

Jqydon

Apr 25, 2023
Yeah even if it were two entirely separate teams from pre-production to release including Q&A and logistics, I don't think you'd want to launch Fable and FH6 at the same time.

Then again, MS has so much stuff in the oven there's bound to be some overlapping with releases in the coming months, I don't think they can avoid it.

Now, traditionally Forza Horizon's have always premièred in May/June to be released later the same year, and fall 24 will be 3 years since 5 so it's still possible I guess, but it's been so quiet and 5 is still doing great and receiving updates so I'm also guessing 25.
I would probably swap them though, with Horizon being a spring/summer release (game has LONG legs anyway) and Fable in fall.
With how stacked we're leaning Xbox's Q4 to be I'm extra confident Horizon 6 is next year. Hoping they go back to the drawing board a bit and do a revitalised campaign.

Jqydon

Apr 25, 2023
I don't see Hellblade 2 happening just because it would probably be a bitch and a half to port/optimize for PS5 and really eat into the port's profit margins. It's not exactly the type of game that's going to light up sales charts, especially with a late port
I think Xbox wants Senua to be seen as an Xbox character and somewhat of an answer to Aloy, Kratos etc even if the games are more niche and smaller scope.

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
I think Xbox wants Senua to be seen as an Xbox character and somewhat of an answer to Aloy, Kratos etc even if the games are more niche and smaller scope.
In the business update podcast, Phil also said there were 2 live service/mp games and 2 smaller single player games not really meant to be xbox exclusives or tied to the console type things (paraphrased).

Hellblade is definitely the antithesis of that category because it was announced alongside the XSX reveal and has been deliberately hyped up as a franchise exclusive. So .. yeah I would prob categorize it as that too.

isn't tomorrow the game's original release date? at least going by steam (here in brasil)
It was May second in the States 🤔 At least, officially. I was a day off with the Showcase announce so maybe Redfall is a day earlier too..

Mr Evil 37

Mar 7, 2022
I try to keep it mostly positive, but there's a fine line between dooming and genuine complaints sometimes. For some reason it seems like when it rains it pours with the negative Xbox stuff, and it's usually things they should have caught and corrected before it happened. 🤷‍♂️. I just really wish they could, like another poster said, get off the roller coaster and keep the good news coming.
Yeah, there is a fine line and usually people here keep it real.

Usually 😉

solis74

Jun 11, 2018
Not a CoD fan either but the fact they've decided to give it a direct gives me the impression that there's atleast something interesting about it, and rumours sound like it could be one of the best CoD games in a while. I just want a good campaign and I'm in.

its also a behemoth with an insane following, it really makes sense (and i've not touched a COD in years).

ReticentRobot

Apr 16, 2021

I just hope people can take it for what it is, since it is definitely not Xbox's Aloy or Kratos (at least not type of game-wise). I almost feel like Xbox has hyped the game up too much and people are going to be upset that it's not Xbox's God of War or Horizon ZD/FW.

Jqydon

Apr 25, 2023
I just hope people can take it for what it is, since it is definitely not Xbox's Aloy or Kratos (at least not type of game-wise). I almost feel like Xbox has hyped the game up too much and people are going to be upset that it's not Xbox's God of War or Horizon ZD/FW.
I'd argue Hellblade is infinitely better but that's just my tastes. Narrative > everything to me, gameplay is secondary. I never got complaints about Hellblades combat because it did the trick and the story was enough to make it extremely compelling. I feel like not every high production story game has to have the same gameplay formula.

solis74

Jun 11, 2018
I'd argue Hellblade is infinitely better but that's just my tastes. Narrative > everything to me, gameplay is secondary. I never got complaints about Hellblades combat because it did the trick and the story was enough to make it extremely compelling. I feel like not every high production story game has to have the same gameplay formula.

exactly this

Lui

Sep 22, 2022
Just bring back the EXCLUSIVE voice guy and all will be ok
Bring em back and have them say World Premiere and Bethesda Softworks presents and whatever. Even better if they say Console launch exclusive for their own games, would start some discourse about what they meant by that.

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
I mean this is a fucking wild list. The pipeline is strong. No Final Fantasy announce? EDIT: Squeenix on there nvm
Also that's like 44 options alone, and first party could make up anywhere from like 20-25 of whatever gets shown off. I think they just need to make these thangs longer. Not like 4 hours ala The Game Ads but closer to 120 minutes sans Direct might be necessary

jungius

Sep 5, 2021
Bingo board options currently (primarily focused on first-party and major publishers/categories)
  • Forza Horizon 6
  • Gears 6
  • Perfect Dark
  • State of Decay 3
  • Call of Duty
  • Everwild
  • Towerborne
  • Square Enix
  • Indiana Jones
  • id Software
  • South of Midnight
  • Clockwork Revolution
  • Double Fine
  • Starfield: Shattered Space
  • Blizzard
  • Halo
  • Avowed
  • Roundhouse Studios
  • Tango Gameworks
  • Age of Mythology: Retold
  • Flight Simulator 2024
  • ZeniMax Online Studios
  • Mojang
  • Fable
  • OD
  • Contraband
  • People Can Fly
  • Brass Lion Entertainment
  • Killer Instinct
  • Banjo Kazooie
  • The Outer Worlds 2
  • SEGA or ATLUS
  • New Hardware
  • Silksong
  • A Reboot
  • A Remake
  • IO Interactive
  • Licensed IP
  • New IP From Japan
  • Mobile Game
  • Fallout 76
  • World of Warcraft
  • Overwatch 2
  • Blade

are these confirmed already? thats so stacked

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
are these confirmed already? thats so stacked
No lol. This is for the showcase Bingo Board. A word bank to generate your own bingo board for the showcase

2fde591fb86f66143d7c281e25fc0e18.png

The Lord of Cereal

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Jan 9, 2020
Bingo board options currently (primarily focused on first-party and major publishers/categories)
  • Forza Horizon 6
  • Gears 6
  • Perfect Dark
  • State of Decay 3
  • Call of Duty
  • Everwild
  • Towerborne
  • Square Enix
  • Indiana Jones
  • id Software
  • South of Midnight
  • Clockwork Revolution
  • Double Fine
  • Starfield: Shattered Space
  • Blizzard
  • Halo
  • Avowed
  • Roundhouse Studios
  • Tango Gameworks
  • Age of Mythology: Retold
  • Flight Simulator 2024
  • ZeniMax Online Studios
  • Mojang
  • Fable
  • OD
  • Contraband
  • People Can Fly
  • Brass Lion Entertainment
  • Killer Instinct
  • Banjo Kazooie
  • The Outer Worlds 2
  • SEGA or ATLUS
  • New Hardware
  • Silksong
  • A Reboot
  • A Remake
  • IO Interactive
  • Licensed IP
  • New IP From Japan
  • Mobile Game
  • Fallout 76
  • World of Warcraft
  • Overwatch 2
  • Blade
I'd also put Gears Collection on there!

ReticentRobot

Apr 16, 2021

Personally I wouldn't say infinitely better, but I'd go with equally as good but different 🙂. Expectations from the general public are the wildcard though.

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
46ab5803c7bb5ed8606f7edbc9e7d17b.png

Here's an example board drawn up, with selections of what I feel like is fairly plausible... Das a BINGO. Feel like last year had a lot of words in the bank it was pretty difficult to get a bingo in. So hopefully there's some "winners" (no prizes tho lmao!)

UraMallas

Nov 1, 2017
United States
Also that's like 44 options alone, and first party could make up anywhere from like 20-25 of whatever gets shown off. I think they just need to make these thangs longer. Not like 4 hours ala The Game Ads but closer to 120 minutes sans Direct might be necessary
It's only once a year and I agree they should make them longer. People that don't want to tune in can just catch the recaps.

Jqydon

Apr 25, 2023
Personally I wouldn't say infinitely better, but I'd go with equally as good but different 🙂. Expectations from the general public are the wildcard though.
Fair, I'm just a bit of a movie snob and my game tastes align with my affinity for interesting and creative narratives so the blockbuster games don't always do it for me. GoW is cool but some of the action adventures can be really bland.

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020

View: https://x.com/deantak/status/1785427257449922683

PS5 and Xbox console sales look weak for the year. In fact, gaming demand is down "a lot," said AMD CFO Jean Hu, in the analyst call after earnings today. Gaming was down 48% in Q1 compared to a year ago.

"If you look at gaming, demand has been quite weak. That's well known. Also [they have] inventory issues," she said. "We guided down more than 30% in the first and second quarters, and the second half will be lower than the first half. That is how we are looking for the gaming business this year."

Startropper

Oct 25, 2017
I feel every year with these big showcases Xbox addresses some of biggest talking points happening in this bubble we follow.

Things like "exclusive" or "stop showing games so far in advance" or "what is starfield?"

I hope this showcase they tackle the question, "Why invest in the Xbox ecosystem?"

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
I feel every year with these big showcases Xbox addresses some of biggest talking points happening in this bubble we follow.

Things like "exclusive" or "stop showing games so far in advance" or "what is starfield?"

I hope this showcase they tackle the question, "Why invest in the Xbox ecosystem?"
which is exactly why I feel like they would try and overcompensate/course correct post Business Update to reiterate the whole "the biggest games will come to Xbox (Idk some surprise or blockbusters, like a Gears 6 or 3rd Party partnership thing like Kingdom Hearts 4)" and "All our games on GP Day 1 (COD)" and "There is no fundamental change to our approach on exclusivity."

On the last point and the reaction since the Podcast is why I think they should really just hammer home things about exclusivity for the upcoming titles. people trollin' and port begging will happen regardless. But the casual viewer will hear them keep say exclusive and be like oh I guess they're not multiplatform