Should there be a new OT?

• Yes

Votes: 463 53.5%
  • No

Votes: 402 46.5%

• Total voters

Shirkelton

Aug 20, 2020
I don't think I'll ever buy an 'elite' controller or the PlayStation equivalent after all the horror stories I've heard.

Bede-x

Oct 25, 2017
I don't think I'll ever buy an 'elite' controller or the PlayStation equivalent after all the horror stories I've heard.

Never buy the Elite Series 2. The A button only works something like 95% of the time and I'm convinced it's an inbuilt flaw affecting all of them, unless they somehow made revisions down the line.

There are other quality issues you might see reported as well, but this one comes right out of the box.

Nov 8, 2017
Never buy the Elite Series 2. The A button only works something like 95% of the time and I'm convinced it's an inbuilt flaw affecting all of them, unless they somehow made revisions down the line.

There are other quality issues you might see reported as well, but this one comes right out of the box.

Yeah I've wanted one for years but always put it off after seeing impressions from owners.

Clippy

Feb 11, 2022

After a couple of exchanges I somehow managed to find one where the A button works consistently but the Y button doesn't, then I gave up and kept it.

PsyDec

Jun 3, 2019
I saw someone (here?) saying that Hellblade "Find the Image" puzzles are justifiable because of Senua psychosis.

I love the game, but this is not an excuse to make such a boring mechanic. I truly hope they tuned down the amount of puzzles you are required to do.

No offence intended, but I think this is a really shortsighted view of what games and as an extension, art, is. Not only do I disagree that it was a boring mechanic, but games, and especially something like Hellblade 2 are designed to be interactive experiences that make you feel something.

It's like when someone says their yardstick for the quality of a game is 'is the game fun?'. Games aren't always designed to be fun, sure some games do got for that experience and that's great! But others want you to experience something. It would be like if your only barometer for music was 'does it make me want to dance?'.

If it didn't work for you that's obviously fine but I thought it was an impressively immersive mechanic that added to the cohesive whole of the game; seeing things differently etc

Jqydon

Apr 25, 2023

lol the rubber on mine is starting to come off but in over 3 years of ownership mine still works perfectly. I'm not going to dismiss the qc issues but I do think reading online makes qc seem way worse than it is in practise but hey maybe I just got lucky.

Bede-x

Oct 25, 2017
lol the rubber on mine is starting to come off but in over 3 years of ownership mine still works perfectly. I'm not going to dismiss the qc issues but I do think reading online makes qc seem way worse than it is in practise but hey maybe I just got lucky.

There's also the possibility I was just unlucky or perhaps they improved them at some point. Clippy also has one where the A button works, so it's pointing in that direction.

I think the Xbox controller in its various versions from the 360 to today has been my favorite every generation - despite often having issues with their D-pad - but I would still advise people going with a regular Series controller or something third party, before getting the Series 2 Elite, just going by my experience. YMMV :)

Last edited:

Roarschach

Dec 18, 2018
I purchased the Stellar Shift controller a few months back. It hasn't been my primary but for some reason the Y button has started becoming sticky. It requires a bit more force to push down compared to other buttons and stays there for a moment or two before popping back up. I've been told it may be a dust and grime buildup. Do I have to take the controller apart to clean it?

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
Hey everyone, I am trying to laser focus my backlog and I want to ask about The Outer Worlds and I guess it would be fine to ask here.
Would you say it is worth playing? Is it like condensated Fallout in space? I love Obsidian's writing but not sure about the game itself.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
Hey everyone, I am trying to laser focus my backlog and I want to ask about The Outer Worlds and I guess it would be fine to ask here.
Would you say it is worth playing? Is it like condensated Fallout in space? I love Obsidian's writing but not sure about the game itself.

its a smaller experience. In terms of time and scale. Dont expect big open worlds.
But gameplay and style wise you can say its fallout indeed

Mr Evil 37

Mar 7, 2022
It's definitely worth playing. I recommend 100%. You can do everything (main story and all side quests) in about 30 hours. The DLCs are also very good so don't skip them.

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
its a smaller experience. In terms of time and scale. Dont expect big open worlds.
But gameplay and style wise you can say its fallout indeed

It's definitely worth playing. I recommend 100%. You can do everything (main story and all side quests) in about 30 hours. The DLCs are also very good so don't skip them.
Alright, I will give it a go. But...should I go with Fallout mentality or is it its own thing?

Mr Evil 37

Mar 7, 2022
Alright, I will give it a go. But...should I go with Fallout mentality or is it its own thing?
It's similar but not the same. It's much more character driven than Fallout is and less about the physics objects and world interactivity. Gameplay has some of the same elements but with its own twist.

Don't go in expecting just an off-brand Fallout, but also bear in mind that it was Obsidian punching above their weight at the time in terms of resources and development time. It had like one tenth of the developers that BGS has.

Dyashen

Dec 20, 2017
Belgium
Finally finished Dishonored 2 for the first time. Arkane Lyon has to be one of the best studios out there given how good the game flows from start to end.
Definitely in the list of games with best level design out there.

It also holds up visually super well with some minor exceptions.

3d0128ef335981dbd59b0d118b0c81cf3627c318.gifv
46ed0f77da0839f0978598ef5c21c3913f65ac3c.gifv

Dyashen

Dec 20, 2017
Belgium

Imagine logging in to Xbox Live and then logging into PSN. Then that turns into a 'damn if you do, damn if you dont' situation since PC players will be mad if Xbox players dont have to login and vice versa.

Does Grounded require a XBL login? I might have missed it. Xbox games on Steam do require a XBL login but I think only for XGS games. I dont think you have to login for games like Redfall or Starfield.

Bill Gaitas

Oct 25, 2017
Imagine logging in to Xbox Live and then logging into PSN. Then that turns into a 'damn if you do, damn if you dont' situation since PC players will be mad if Xbox players dont have to login and vice versa.

Does Grounded require a XBL login? I might have missed it. Xbox games on Steam do require a XBL login but I think only for XGS games. I dont think you have to login for games like Redfall or Starfield.
Sea of Thieves and Minecraft require a MS account on PS5, I'd imagine it's the same with Grounded.

Last edited:

Brot

Oct 25, 2017
the edge

Xbox games on Steam do require a XBL login but I think only for XGS games. I dont think you have to login for games like Redfall or Starfield.
I don't know if it's still the case, but Redfall required a Bethesda account login at launch.

They did away with that in Starfield.

YozoraXV

Oct 30, 2017

It's certainly a hard lesson for Sony to learn: Don't release a game until the core functionality is ready and tested i.e being able to login into PSN to begin with.

Had they had the login at the start and never removed it none of this would have occurred.

Bede-x

Oct 25, 2017
That didn't stop Bethesda for a little while, the nost recent classic Doom port that they released on every platform required an account, they immediately dropped that with a patch because, well, it was stupid.

That also had a lot of backlash with all the memes. It felt less aggressive, because the pictures were funny, but people didn't like the account being there.

It does feel like it can be random, what will create a bigger backlash.

Mr Evil 37

Mar 7, 2022
Finally finished Dishonored 2 for the first time. Arkane Lyon has to be one of the best studios out there given how good the game flows from start to end.

👍👍👍

Also today is the 7th anniversary of Prey.

In Amber Clad

rather sultry
Aug 26, 2018
London

Easily one of the best games of the last decade. I knew it was going to be special, so I pre-ordered the collectors edition, which means I have Corvo's mask staring at me from my shelf every night 😅

In Amber Clad

rather sultry
Aug 26, 2018
London
I can't believe we haven't gotten a 60fps mode 😩

Yeah, that is a pain. I only replay it on PC these days, but it's a shame as the game got a really good update when the One X came out that made it look so much better than it did on base XBO. It would have been the icing on the cake if we'd have gotten FPS boost on the Series consoles.

Dyashen

Dec 20, 2017
Belgium
I bet the Clockwork Mansion breaks it. Or, maybe even more likely is the next level where it seems the game is holding two rendered worlds simultaneously.

I was wondering the same thing. I played D2 on PC and I noticed some dips when i shifted between the two worlds.

👍👍👍

Also today is the 7th anniversary of Prey.

Nice. I remember it launching the month before E3. I only got to play the demo but fell off due to performance on X1. Giving it another shot with the fps boost update was the right call.

Easily one of the best games of the last decade. I knew it was going to be special, so I pre-ordered the collectors edition, which means I have Corvo's mask staring at me from my shelf every night 😅

Great get! Definitely one of the better statues that comes with a collector edition. I wish I picked that up back then.

Mcbel

Sep 6, 2023

Here's what I don't get: why is Sony going scorched earth with this whole situation? Requiring PSN account is one thing, but delisting the game in many regions? It's like they're intentionally killing Helldivers 2

Grunty

Oct 28, 2017
Gruntilda’s Lair
i liked it a lot too!

It's so, so good and it feels like it is being completely slept on. Any one who is a fan of the survival/horror genre and a fan of REmake should seriously be playing this game. They're missing out on a wonderful experience!

Who did you play as? I started with David Harbour's Edward Carnby but will definitely be doing another playthrough in the future as Jodie Comer's Emily Hartwood.

sam777

Oct 27, 2017
Here's what I don't get: why is Sony going scorched earth with this whole situation? Requiring PSN account is one thing, but delisting the game in many regions?
Potentially people in those regions won't be able to play the game once the PSN login is required as those regions don't have PSN or something

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Here's what I don't get: why is Sony going scorched earth with this whole situation? Requiring PSN account is one thing, but delisting the game in many regions?
Its beyond baffling at this point. Its like them actively trying to sabotage the game for an insanely stupid reason. Like, Id have just rolled back the requirement and then communicated better that future games would require it. But how they handled this is basically a great way of hurting a GAAS game... Gonna be interesting to see how this affects the games sales/perception going forward, as they've handled it in about the absolute worst way possible.

Startropper

Oct 25, 2017

Thats what I'm curious about, not a pc gamer but doesn't Xbox games require a linked account on Steam?

I assume to get things like cross-progression to work

Bede-x

Oct 25, 2017
Here's what I don't get: why is Sony going scorched earth with this whole situation? Requiring PSN account is one thing, but delisting the game in many regions? It's like they're intentionally killing Helldivers 2

It's possible they hadn't realised that because Steam is a global platform, while PSN is only available in 70 or something countries (don't remember it precisely, but certainly far fewer than Steam), when they start requiring a PSN account everywhere, users in regions where PSN isn't available, will basically have to break Sony's terms of service and make an account from another country/region to use it.

So they'd be selling the game to them on the one hand and on the other requiring them to break their terms of service to be able to play it.

To avoid that they apparently delisted the game from Steam in those regions.

Last edited: