• Total voters

Gavalanche

Prophet of Regret
Oct 21, 2021
Wait you mean this Arcanum?
arcanum-1680124135824.jpg

If this is the gameyou mean:
  1. This game rules.
  2. This and Cloclwork Revolution are nothing alike.
that is a baffling comparison.

The one and only. Only the greatest game of all time and its criminal we never got anything else set in that world.

Gavalanche

Prophet of Regret
Oct 21, 2021
Idk I think people were saying this last year and then got a bunch of disappointment after HFR and AoE. They'll definitely have the number of games but there's no indication yet that there will be a bunch of great games.

Yeah people keep saying it every year and at this point everyone just needs to let the games come out. Actions speak louder than words. Theres no ned to throw out promises or declarations or anything like that.

Mr Evil 37

Mar 7, 2022
Idk I think people were saying this last year and then got a bunch of disappointment after HFR and AoE. They'll definitely have the number of games but there's no indication yet that there will be a bunch of great games.
Given the timing of him retweeting this (which he tweeted last month), I think he's trying to suggest that Hellblade IS one of these great games (because he's playing it) but obviously he just can't say yet.

Maybe I'm reading into it too much though. It's just curious timing for him to retweet this specifically.

teemoisfun

Mar 19, 2021
Brazil
[/QUOTE]
Also, great games aren't the same as big sellers. HFR was a great game. Pentiment was a great game. Microsoft wants big money.

OrakioRob

Oct 25, 2017
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
I don't know what the future holds for Xbox, but I greatly enjoyed Hellblade 1, I'm pretty sure I'll greatly enjoy Hellblade 2 and that makes me very happy today.

I'm also very happy that the game releases at 5 AM my local time, so I'll be able to play it for 3 hours before I start working!

Mr Evil 37

Mar 7, 2022
Also, great games aren't the same as big sellers. HFR was a great game. Pentiment was a great game. Microsoft wants big money.
I care more about games being great and me enjoying them than I do about them making loads of money for their parent company.

I understand the success has an impact on the studio and what games get greenlit going forward. But there's virtually nothing I can do about that and as a consumer I just want to play great games on Xbox.

Ayumu

May 10, 2024
If everything is good my Xbox Series X arrives today. I guess today will be the last day I will play with my S before I give it to my parents.

UraMallas

Nov 1, 2017
United States
Last year was great for Xbox if you just like to play the video games and not worry about needle moving and online narratives. 🤷‍♂️

This year has been much worse so far but it looks good going forward.

Ushay

Oct 27, 2017
I care more about games being great and me enjoying them than I do about them making loads of money for their parent company.

I understand the success has an impact on the studio and what games get greenlit going forward. But there's virtually nothing I can do about that and as a consumer I just want to play great games on Xbox.

I always found this strange behaviour from many gamers, the sales performance for games being a qualifier for their enjoyment.

Fortnite for example, I wouldn't touch with a barge pole but it's one of the best worldwide for money making.

Honestly, I reckon games won't be an issue going forward for Xbox. They have internal issues they need to address pronto though.

Mr Evil 37

Mar 7, 2022
Last year was great for Xbox if you just like to play the video games and not worry about needle moving and online narratives. 🤷‍♂️
I personally think everyone would be happier if they focused on the former and not the latter, but oh well. The online discourse, no matter how dire, has literally zero impact on my daily enjoyment of my Xbox.

Vico

Jan 3, 2018
The fact that "COD will launch on GP day one" is still considered a new headline in may 2024 is crazy to me.

Feels like I've heard that sentence five times already.

biglo25

Apr 28, 2020
i love the fact that yes the COD number will go down but that has been going down for years and may fall in ranking instead of ala buying it but the real money is made from warzone and all those mtx from the multiplayer

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
Mat Piscatella has a good interview with Kyle Boseman. He talks about how the console makers are all hurting, Microsoft hurting the most, and how everyone's kinda banking on switch 2 and gta 6 to actually drive console market adoption and sales.

And again reiterated that younger audiences care more about pc and mobile and playing the games they want where they want.

What interested me was his comment about how the market basically had a ceiling in 2020/2021. The people could play and spend however many hours/dollars they wanted then and the market is not going to reach that again for some time (hence banking on gta and switch). It's the absolute ceiling and so now it's the fight for engagement and spend rather than growth.

Mr Evil 37

Mar 7, 2022
i love the fact that yes the COD number will go down but that has been going down for years and may fall in ranking instead of ala buying it but the real money is made from warzone and all those mtx from the multiplayer
Yeah, more CoD players on Game Pass = more MTX revenue. Plus, a year of Game Pass to play CoD until the next game costs more than buying the game, so they're making more money from that person than if they bought the game.

There's also the fact that CoD sales will only go down on Xbox, not on other platforms where the majority of sales are.

biglo25

Apr 28, 2020
Yeah, more CoD players on Game Pass = more MTX revenue. Plus, a year of Game Pass to play CoD until the next game costs more than buying the game, so they're making more money from that person than if they bought the game.

There's also the fact that CoD sales will only go down on Xbox, not on other platforms where the majority of sales are.
yeah for years it was always i aint paying this amount of money just to pay this years call of duty when i can wait and just play warzone and MS better be advertising the ever livng hell out of it like all previous cods and new one all available on game pass

Josh5890

I'm Your Favorite Poster's Favorite Poster
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I'm still expecting some sort of a price hike between now and when COD 2024 releases.

Mr Evil 37

Mar 7, 2022
yeah for years it was always i aint paying this amount of money just to pay this years call of duty when i can wait and just play warzone and MS better be advertising the ever livng hell out of it like all previous cods and new one all available on game pass
They own the Activision marketing machine so I don't think that's going to be a problem.

Sotha_Sil

Nov 4, 2017

This year has been much worse so far but it looks good going forward.

2023 was great for me. 2024 may end up even better if Avowed and Indiana Jones do what I hope they can do. Just get those missing animations in Avowed's combat and I'm all-in on that one. Indiana Jones looked great, MachineGames are awesome, first person + 3rd person is GOAT, I just need it right now.

Age of Mythology will be anwesome. I'll muck around in Flight Sim and Towerborne. I'm even a little excited for COD. Imagine that.

cwoody63

Dec 31, 2022
I'm curious in this idea that young kids prefer PC. I'd like to see the data. In my experience as a teacher, pretty much they all talk about console, with some kids occasionally mentioning "I want to build a PC." I'm not convinced it's some complete total console apocalypse.

CubeApple76

Jan 20, 2021
I'm curious in this idea that young kids prefer PC. I'd like to see the data. In my experience as a teacher, pretty much they all talk about console, with some kids occasionally mentioning "I want to build a PC." I'm not convinced it's some complete total console apocalypse.
At least in my experience it's absolutely true. Swtich is still popular, but my wife is a teacher and all the kids talk abouhang out on discord and play GaaS on PC.

Det

Jul 30, 2020
Probably price increase per Tom?

www.theverge.com

Microsoft to add next Call of Duty to Xbox Game Pass, WSJ reports

The next Call of Duty arrives in October.

The brief Wall Street Journal report doesn't make it clear whether Microsoft plans to charge extra for Call of Duty inside Game Pass, nor whether the company will raise its Game Pass Ultimate subscription fee. I understand Microsoft has been considering raising the Xbox Game Pass Ultimate pricing again. Activision is currently targeting a late October release of the next Call of Duty, which is rumored to be set during the '90s Gulf War.

Mar 6, 2021
Saint Louis

YozoraXV

Oct 30, 2017
I don't see many hardcore COD players switching to Game Pass if that is all they play so I doubt GP numbers increase much.

What I do see happing is a lot of gamers who don't care for COD but have Game Pass trying out the new (and old COD games) which will massively increase the player bases and could convert them into hardcore paying COD players.

Gavalanche

Prophet of Regret
Oct 21, 2021

Well PC is growing, consoles are not. So there has to be growth form somewhere.

But I do agree with you, its not a console apocalypse, not yet. Playstation is still doing extremely well, Nintendo obviously is and xbox is still at roughly 30 million or so. The problem is, we are in an industry that require continual growth, so this apocalypse is just a product of that system. Everyone jut does fine as is, but if that number doesn't go up, its bad.

Vico

Jan 3, 2018
Just saying, but Xbox needs to push out a large media campaign around october that says "Play all COD on Game Pass, including the brand new Black Ops" if they even want the larger COD community to be aware.

A lot of those players probably don't even know what a Game Pass is.

canderous

Prophet of Truth
Jun 12, 2020
Raising Ultimate another buck or two seems inevitable. All subscriptions are going up these days. Also making COD exclusive to Ultimate seems inevitable. I mean, you kinda need it to play anything besides the campaign anyway. Getting all those "I only play COD" players to change their core subscriptions to ultimate pretty easily makes up for the lost sale, and either they keep paying for ultimate, or drop back down to core and have to spend $70 to keep playing.