Votes: 496 54.3%
  • No

Votes: 417 45.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tsunami561

Mar 7, 2023
ultra extra premium tier with first party DLC and the latest COD/WoW expac or something, it's not going to be COD only, unless the aim is to add a tier noone would pay just to be able to say COD is day one in gamepass

Governergrimm

Jun 25, 2019
Don't feel great about the tiers rumors. I can see them messing it up badly. You have to provide a value so people stay subbed. Not sure that the crossing $20 monthly is a good idea. The benefit of Gamepass is that for MP games it instantly gives you a large user base (CoD doesn't have this problem). People are already more interested in PS so it will be hard to pull them into GP. Flip side is it could be a great deal and because of the sales differential it only being on GP may not hurt them too bad.

Dec 12, 2017
Charlotte, NC
Most of the folks I know that play CoD every year (and not many other games) are definitely the types of humans to sub to a service and forget to cancel it, month after month (disposable income, forgetful, not great with budgeting, etc)

I wonder if MS knows this and is banking on it :D

May 3, 2024
1. EA play does not have content across publishers. It just has EAs and no 2: EA is not making a console

The only way this will happen is if both the following happen

1. Xbox says they will not have a console and are leaving that space to exclusively be a games publisher
2. Xbox Gamepass will only contain Xbox published games

So yeah Sony or Nintendo for that matter will never agree to this otherwise

I'd imagine Xbox would like there to be a Full version of gamepass. But I'd image third party publishers of games on Gamepass would significantly raise the price for Gamepass deals, on top of Sony losing revenue from purchases on their store.

Tuxedo38

Apr 7, 2022
If anything I expect it to be the following:

1. Game Pass Core $10. Same as it is today. Online MP, discounts, fixed small library of older titles.
2. Game Pass $12. Same "tier" on both PC and Console. Online MP, discounts, third party titles and the full backlog library. New first party (?) releases added 6-9 months later.
3. Game Pass Ultimate $20. Everything. Day One releases. Perks. PC and Console. Cloud streaming. Same as it exists today.

I agree with this, but I think the middle tier will be about $15 or so. I think they'd try to make it close enough to Ultimate to have people say to themselves "it's only $5 more per month to get the games day one" and choose Ultimate over it. They want people paying the most money and I can see people balking at moving up at the $8 difference. I also think it'll be six months after release for that middle tier to get the games and that'll be the announced timeframe for first party titles going multiplat. Maybe not at the showcase, but I think it's coming.

I have no idea how an ad tier would work, but I'm guessing they'd have a 30 second ad whenever you launch a game and the whole dashboard is covered with various advertisements. I think that a dumb idea and won't find traction with people, but it's rumored to be coming.

MCD

Honest Work
Oct 27, 2017

View: https://twitter.com/ID_Xbox/status/1791212031657353297?t=lF0_RF0Krr6m9B4NSYoqfw&s=19

Buy Musashi vs Cthulhu | Xbox

Ronin vs Monsters! Endless Fight!

View: https://twitter.com/MorbidTheGame/status/1791456488063463503?t=eWi7cewjCvGLlR0tcuhyvQ&s=19

Buy Morbid: The Lords of Ire | Xbox

From the creators of Morbid: The Seven Acolytes... experience a blood-soaked action adventure with souls-like elements. Face vile monsters and wade through oceans of gore as you battle to defeat the Lords of Ire in a grim world of pain & suffering.

View: https://twitter.com/CroixDev/status/1791516305880662488?t=6Txe1YhA_XqIzmx7lQ1bqA&s=19

Buy Spellcats: Auto Card Tactics | Xbox

Calling all cat lovers and card game aficionados! Step into the paws of the only sentient feline in a human-dominated world. Gifted with the extraordinary magic power to summon other cats, you alone hold the key to freeing your kind. Fight the Nekocasters, a cadre of humans exploiting innocent...

View: https://twitter.com/indikagame/status/1791409347202834659?t=ZfXeaF7RbfZwOoBfSBEzSA&s=19

Buy INDIKA | Xbox

Play a third-person, story-driven game set in alternative Russia at the turn of the XIX century where religious visions clash with harsh reality. INDIKA tells the story of a young nun who sets off on a journey of self-discovery with the most unusual companion by her side, the devil himself.

More indie goodness out now.

Saucycarpdog

Oct 25, 2017
If this is true (even if it is, would people even know online? doubtful) hopefully CoD isn't all they have. One or two other big games on launch day and then big stuff in the following 6-12 months (likely Blade and maybe TES in 2027 so that bodes well).
GhostofHope is a known CoD leaker. He leaked a lot about MW3, including when it was just an expansion instead of a full game.

He doesn't usually do leaks about Xbox stuff, so take with a grain of salt.

View: https://twitter.com/TheGhostOfHope/status/1791524663807328666?t=a4JP8aXN7-gFazRSeDuDeA&s=19

RubberStamp

Oct 27, 2017
Fighting cowboy has a let's play scheduled for hellblade. That makes me think he enjoyed the game enough to create that content. So at least the game can't be a disaster lol.

Dec 12, 2017
Charlotte, NC
Ugh, between him and Tassi I have a feeling we're gonna have another Starfield situation where it's just a good game with too much expectations on it that gets dragged through the mud of the console wars.
do you really think folks like Tassi and Parris would adjust their review score due to the context of "teh console wars"?

call me crazy but I respect their work too much to even contemplate this scenario

The Lord of Cereal

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Jan 9, 2020
Fighting cowboy has a let's play scheduled for hellblade. That makes me think he enjoyed the game enough to create that content. So at least the game can't be a disaster lol.
Tbf I had a YouTuber friend do a let's play of The Lord of the Rings Gollum. Not because he liked the game, but because he knew it would make good content for the channel

YaBish

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017

View: https://twitter.com/indikagame/status/1791409347202834659?t=ZfXeaF7RbfZwOoBfSBEzSA&s=19

Buy INDIKA | Xbox

Play a third-person, story-driven game set in alternative Russia at the turn of the XIX century where religious visions clash with harsh reality. INDIKA tells the story of a young nun who sets off on a journey of self-discovery with the most unusual companion by her side, the devil himself.

Thanks for posting about Indika, never heard of it, but that game seems supremely my shit.

Azuos

Sep 29, 2021
Ugh, between him and Tassi I have a feeling we're gonna have another Starfield situation where it's just a good game with too much expectations on it that gets dragged through the mud of the console wars.
It's really not that deep, you guys are reading too much into engagement tweets.

Bede-x

Oct 25, 2017
That leads me to another question: what % of Game Pass subs actually play dozens of games per month?

Almost certainly not many. Isn't enough time in the day for it.

Personally I realized that despite loving the "value" of the offer I actually rarely played more than 2 games in the same month.

This is why day one titles are so important, especially the more expensive ones. Those are what makes it worth subscribing.

If what you have access to is just old catalogue titles, it can easily be cheaper to just buy them in a sale.

thankyoumerzbow

Prophet of Truth
Dec 8, 2020

Buy INDIKA | Xbox

sadly this game may include ai art. im not sure about it because ive avoided everything i could about it in case i end up playing it because it actually looks cool but i read it somewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.