Votes: 496 54.3%
  • No

Votes: 417 45.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bodhi

Oct 5, 2022
Doom Year Zero sounds to me like it could be two things...

1. Prequel obviously
2. Live-Service

Thoughts?

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
4odt900wod2d1.jpeg

Reddit post points out the Activision Blizzard sale ends the day before the Showcase 🤔

kmfdmpig

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
4odt900wod2d1.jpeg

Reddit post points out the Activision Blizzard sale ends the day before the Showcase 🤔
So a big drop at the showcase. That'll make news for sure although I would have thought a steady trickle might have been a smarter play.
I wonder if the design lab incentive is also a sign of the new controller being announced at the event?

Copilot

Jun 27, 2023
- Persona 6.
- New Doom.
- CoD.
- Killed Instinct.
- Perfect Dark.
- Gears.
- Starfield DLC.

This E3 should be bigger ever.

Last edited:

biglo25

Apr 28, 2020
you know i can't help but notice that MS is going to be spending a lot of money in the fall season for marketing across xbox,bethesda, and activision. doesn't include 3rd party marketing deals too

giallo

Oct 27, 2017
Seoul
I think we are going to see some really good stuff this fake E3. Not just with Xbox, but in general.

Hellblade 2 has shown us that these consoles are no joke. We're just getting started. I'm stoked!

Idas

Antitrusting By Keyboard
Mar 20, 2022
This week the DMA compliance reports from gatekeepers in the EU (Apple, Amazon, Alphabet or Microsoft) were published.

The ones from MS are very detailed.

The reports about Windows include some bits about gaming, specially the one about consumer profiling. According to MS, they create "Audience segments" by sorting people into groups of similar characteristics and interests.

MS lists a few examples of those "Audience Segments":
  • Avid Gamers
  • Edge Primary Browser
  • Game Launchers
  • High System Spec Devices
  • Medium System Spec Devices
Thanks to Windows, MS knows that you are an "Avid gamer" or just a "Launcher" :p xD

I thought that it was a funny way to categorise gamers.

The report also talks about using Game Pass ads and A/B tests to identify gamers.

PS: By the way, the CMA is likely opening a formal probe about the OpenAI - MS partnership. That could be fun.

Last edited:

Mr Evil 37

Mar 7, 2022
Maybe. I feel they'll wait until after Avowed has released until they show it next, even though they've shown multiple games before. If it's at the showcase, I'll be happily surprised and if not, I'm fine with waiting, because we have Avowed.
Both TGA and DD would be after Avowed released! 😇

Obviously if we don't see it until next year, that's fine. Like you say, I'll be busy playing Avowed anyway. I'm just so desperate to get a glimpse of it (a glimpse is all I need until next showcase!).

GOAT-sidian.

meenseen84

Feb 15, 2018
Minneapolis
How do you review a game objectively?

Visuals, sound, presentation, performance can be objective. You can compare that to every other game and see that a small studio created top quality and punched above their weight. I didn't like the Witcher 3 at all but I also wouldn't have said it is a 5/10 game. At the time they pushed the medium forward and I know for a lot of people they loved it.

Gay Bowser

Oct 30, 2017
Visuals, sound, presentation, performance can be objective.

…not really? You can measure things like resolution and frame rate objectively, but you can't objectively quantify things like art direction, sound design, music composition, and presentation.

"Objectively" remains the most misused word in review discourse on this website. A subjective value judgement being supported by evidence does not make it objectively true. All opinions in any sort of intelligent review should be supported by evidence. They're still subjective.

Status
Not open for further replies.