Votes: 496 54.3%
  • No

Votes: 417 45.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
This is probably the best spot to ask about it. If I have GPU, is there no way to play Conkers Bad Fur Day OG Xbox Remake for free ? Through search I only find a item I have to pay, which seems weird since all the Banjo games for example are free via GP and in my library.

Luke_wal

Oct 25, 2017
This is probably the best spot to ask about it. If I have GPU, is there no way to play Conkers Bad Fur Day OG Xbox Remake for free ? Through search I only find a item I have to pay, which seems weird since all the Banjo games for example are free via GP and in my library.
Is it not a part of rare replay? You could download that as a front end and get to it through there. The Banjo games also have separate launch able SKUs, but not every RR game does.

Windu

Oct 25, 2017
I think it's in Rare Replay

Haregan

Aug 21, 2022
Serbia
Absolutely zero way that the COD portion will be short. The dedicated reveal events they have for COD games are usually long because there's a lot of info to cover, I don't see it being less than 30 minutes and I could see it being longer than that too depending.

There is probably:
- COD trailer
- Campaign mission gameplay demo
- Info about open world (since we heard that this will be the first open world COD game)
- Info about multiplayer
- Info about Zombies (what everyone wants to know about in any Treyarch made COD)

That being said, I would not mind a 2 hour showcase excluding the Direct, they have like 20 first party games announced (and more unannounced) and I would really like to see some gameplay demos instead of 2 minute trailers. Sometimes less is more, and I would rather have a few games that have gameplay demos (mixed in with the typical trailers) than 50 trailers that are short and COD being the only one that gets a proper demo.
I don't think it will be too long. I do agree with the first three, but it wouldn't surprise me if there's no information about zombies or even multiplayer. From what I've heard, zombies are supposed to be revealed later as usual, but I can see a tease. I don't mind if CoD direct is long as I like the franchise, but I hope the showcase before it is long enough unlike the last time.

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
Jun 20, 2021
Fortnite: Wrecked is live and all the Fallout stuff is in the Battle Pass including the power armor, a pip-boy back bling, an assaultron blade, a codsworth emote and a West Tek glider.

Kazaam

Oct 26, 2017
London
The first part of your post gets at what I tried to articulate in the Hellblade II OT. The idea that the developers are firmly believing in a "this game is not a game" philosophy and executing on their vision flawlessly. See my post:
Yeah, this is as close to "playing a film" as you can get. Funnily enough it's also probably the closest thing to what Roger Ebert was debating once upon a time regarding video games being inferior to cinema or literature. The authorial control he mentioned video games lack (which was obviously quite a silly stance to begin with) is present here to a degree that would probably satisfy the late film critic and by that I mean, you find it confidently in EVERY aspect/element of Senua's Saga. This is also what makes HB2 so polarising. Gamers are used to associate the idea of playing, with agency and gratifying gameplay loops, which Hellblade deliberately lacks. Gamers also push for a modular medium (they need to have control on how to experience a game: choose field of view, remove motion blur, film grain, etc.), where once again Hellblade deliberately goes against the norm by doubling down on authorial control. People complain about letterboxing and chromatic aberration and so forth (and I know they found ways to remove those in the PC version), but as John mentioned in his DF review, every aspect is enforced for very deliberate reasons by Ninja Theory. Changing the letterboxing or chromatic aberration is removing an architectural element from NT's work. You might as well remove the voices and change the music while you're at it.

You're meant to have a tailor made experience in Hellblade 2, not to play with it. You're meant to be Senua, but Senua is not meant to be you. It takes away so much of the player's agency strictly to make you experience what Senua goes through, without you "contaminating" the journey. Every element of gameplay is not really there to be fun or provide an actual gameplay loop, they're there as immersion stimulants to fully make you feel and be Senua.

Now of course, I'm sure nobody can disagree in saying Hellblade 2 is a unique experience, but milage might vary on how succesful they find it and there's nothing wrong with that. People might rightfully detest the philosophy NT went with for this, but I think they might be missing the point when criticising certain aspects without taking in consideration the deliberate choice NT made for those same aspects.

Also, just remembered I rolled my eyes when they came out and said the 30fps is better for "cinematic" feel (as I usually consider that an asinine comment made to simply cover technical limitations), but I'm starting to think they were serious and perhaps went with unlocked framerate on PC because they knew they would be crucified otherwise. I'll never know, but I wouldn't be surprised given how fully controling they went with every aspect of this game.

Governergrimm

Jun 25, 2019
I need to take Gavalanche's advice and just accept not everyone will like a game, but damn, some of the criticisms of the game in the Hellblade II OT and Review Thread cut at my soul. Makes me question my own tastes sometimes. 🤷 I've just got to accept, different people have different tastes and different priorities.

I see it as Era, in general, is very similar to the reviewers. They like specific kinds of games/mechanics in games. Era in general, like most reviewers, do not seem to like games like Fortnite, Ara, Star citizen, CoD, Dea of Thirves, etc... yet those games have their audiences all the same. They have a blind spot and if you like games in that blindspot you will feel under served. I personally loved the Quarry partially because I'm a horror movie buff and video game nut so it crossed two of my favorite hobbies. I felt it was much better than.the 79 it landed at on Meta.

How many times do we see people not understand how younger people play Roblox for hours on end? The games media is not absolved of being old and set in their ways any more than we are. As much as they like to put on an air of not having biases they are people and people have biases. We say things like don't have people who hate Jrpgs review Jrpgs. That is a flippant way of admitting a bias and circumventing it.

I will say, if you are frustrated with the reviews for Hellblade 2 specifically, go watch Snowbike Mike get vocal about it on Kinda Funny.

Tappin Brews

#TeamThierry
Oct 25, 2017

solis74

Jun 11, 2018
I think it's the best game Xbox has published during the current generation. I totally get it's not everyone's cup of tea but if you embrace the fact it's not trying to be a mainstream action game, there's nothing quite like it imo. Some of the "moments" in HB2 will stay with me for a long time.

yeah its def an experience for sure.

Sep 19, 2019
Hamburg- Germany

Kazaam

Oct 26, 2017
London
Did not watch it but was there ever a showcase from MS that was awkward besides the Xbox one reveal ? And I mean really awkward not only this section was weird hence awkward.

With the latest formats they have it seems almost impossible to have an awkward showcase ?!
His point is how not to make it awkward given the current circumstances for Xbox (the context of recently closing those studios, having first party games releasing on other consoles, etc.). He's not saying the previous showcases have been awkward

solis74

Jun 11, 2018
Atmosphere

GOSjeG_WkAAT79U

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020

Vico

Jan 3, 2018
Yeah it's obvious a new Killer Instinct is being worked on. But I have absolutely zero clue when it could even launch.

I could see it launch as soon as fall 2025 and as far as fall 2027.

wow, i just discovered him through you and he is funny and talks good, great video

You've been missing out!
His delayed input videos are the finest in gaming analysis. 👌🏻

Status
Not open for further replies.