• Yes

Votes: 442 53.3%
  • No

Votes: 387 46.7%

• Total voters

UraMallas

Nov 1, 2017
United States
Jez says he has rock solid sources that Starfield is not in active development at all for Playstation.

EDIT: I realize he tweeted it out as well. My b.

Last edited:

Granjinhaa

Dec 28, 2023
I'm expecting some changes to Game Pass tiers this year.

I suspect that, long term, Microsoft really wants to get away from a "this plan gets you just console, and this plan gets you just PC, and this plan gets you console + PC + streaming" sort of matrix. There are several reasons for this, not least of which is the possibility that Microsoft could release an Xbox-branded handheld that plays Windows PC games, and what the fuck would you do with that.

I think they'll want to move to something more akin to "this plan gets you just the Game Pass Core library, and this plan gets you the full Game Pass library, and this plan gets you the full Game Pass library with some other extras" style of plan line-up, and not gate things by platform.
makes sense - the only change here (in your line of thinking) is the game pass console tier, which they already kinda hide. lol

So, Creatures of Ava gonna Everwild before Everwild?
nah. everwild is multiplayer. but it follows a similar logic: non-violent game that revolves around creature caring, for sure.

PianoBlack

May 24, 2018
United States
I'm expecting some changes to Game Pass tiers this year.

I suspect that, long term, Microsoft really wants to get away from a "this plan gets you just console, and this plan gets you just PC, and this plan gets you console + PC + streaming" sort of matrix. There are several reasons for this, not least of which is the possibility that Microsoft could release an Xbox-branded handheld that plays Windows PC games, and what the fuck would you do with that.

I think they'll want to move to something more akin to "this plan gets you just the Game Pass Core library, and this plan gets you the full Game Pass library, and this plan gets you the full Game Pass library with some other extras" style of plan line-up, and not gate things by platform.

Yeah, this makes a lot of sense in terms of direction.

The Lord of Cereal

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Jan 9, 2020

I mean honestly just from a purely logistical standpoint that makes sense. They aren't going to start porting the game until after they finish the mod tools, the DLC expansions (potentially more than just Shattered Space, mind you) and any other updates/patches.

If Starfield releases on other platforms it won't be until they do a Starfield Complete Edition to launch across all platforms and Game Pass.

I have a feeling the new leaker might now some things and is just throwing other random stuff out for extra points.

I find it so hard to believe one guy has sources at Sony, Square Enix and MS and has only appeared now. How do you get 3 sources in such a short time.
My personal guess is that they have access to the Youtube back end and that's how they knew the date for Ghost of Tsushima and at the same time they're also just doing other fake leaks in the mean time that may or may not be true to throw people off the scent of their knowledge

i wonder if the GPU perks (FFXIV Starter Edition and Expansion Pass for P3 Reload) are going to become more common... would be cool.
If I had to guess, probably. MS wants people to upgrade to Ultimate and so throwing in more things as perks sounds like a very good way to go about doing that without rocking the boat too much

PianoBlack

May 24, 2018
United States
Apparently it's something you don't want to claim if you plan to use the free trial, since it makes you pay after 30 days. At least that's what I got from the other thread.

Yeah if I'm reading right:

Free trial -> various restrictions on some things in-game -> play as long as you want for free

Starter edition -> the "full" game, no restrictions -> only good for 30 days, then you need to subscribe

Leonberger

May 3, 2021
Canada
I wonder if when the news article about FF exclusivity broke Phil Spencer looked at his screen and said when "when we all play everybody wins".

I would seriously love to be a fly in the wall at MS internal meetings.

kruczynski

Sep 21, 2020
I just rewatched the event and Path of the Goddess is so, so beautiful. I don't know what it is, or how it plays, but the style, the animations are stunning.

Delroy

Oct 27, 2017
Seattle
I'm puzzled by the ff7 trilogy stuff. Remake and rebirth are exclusive but part iii isn't atm because it's not announced? Are the first two timed console exclusive or full? Can they release a "trilogy edition" down the road, or do something like an Intergrade version port? Just muddy

PianoBlack

May 24, 2018
United States
I'm puzzled by the ff7 trilogy stuff. Remake and rebirth are exclusive but part iii isn't atm because it's not announced? Are the first two timed console exclusive or full? Can they release a "trilogy edition" down the road, or do something like an Intergrade version port? Just muddy

I'm guessing it's a 13 year deal, like FF12 was, in honor of undoing shooting themselves in the foot. We'll just have to wait and see.

Citizencope

Oct 28, 2017
I'm about to play my first Spyro game. Just wanted to try something different than what I've been playing lately and it was only $13.
I hope it's a collectothon but I have no idea.

Granjinhaa

Dec 28, 2023
I really, really love the format of the Xbox Partner Previews. I hope they stick with that for the foreseeable future.
i'm thinking they will. the first one did 500k+ views and this one seems to be going in a similar route (numberwise) and the feedback on both has been excellent overall. no reason to change it.

biglo25

Apr 28, 2020
i'm thinking they will. the first one did 500k+ views and this one seems to be going in a similar route (numberwise) and the feedback on both has been excellent overall. no reason to change it.
probably will change the announcer so that he doesn't sound asleep or to use a woman maybe since that is the only complaint

Montresor

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Jez says he has rock solid sources that Starfield is not in active development at all for Playstation.

EDIT: I realize he tweeted it out as well. My b.

Herrera-4.gif

Granjinhaa

Dec 28, 2023
kinda wild that tina has been leading the events team (or some kind of events team) at xbox for less than two years and the difference it has made.

Vico

Jan 3, 2018
Neat little show. Was definitely impressed by some games and announcements (The Alters looks great, Frostpunk 2 is gorgeous, P3R DLC in GPU is nice), even though the lineup is pretty clearly made of smaller games than the first PP (remember, it had Infinite Wealth, the Ark Remake, Alan Wake 2, Metal Gear, The Finals, etc.).

However, I do think they could add an actual audio presenter, not just for reading the texts between trailers (which they should still do, but better than the way they did it here). An actual intro and outro could go a long way to help us feel like we're watching something live. It's a small nitpick, overall it's a great format and they don't have to change much.

Just one thing I noticed: I thought they set some great expectations with the first Partner Preview last year, but clearly a lot less people seem to have tuned in today (after MGS appeared I would have imagined this event would have become bigger for the public). I don't know if they expected it or not. It's pretty obvious that the games shown today were smaller than last time, so the games they announce in the blog post clearly have an impact on the show metrics. Maybe they shouldn't even announce anything ahead of time? I personally like that they talk about 2-3 of them before it starts, but it works better when you have actual communities waiting for that one game like the Ark Remake. I don't think any of the three they announced had a lot of following already. Interesting thought.

Last edited:

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
Everything people dislike nowadays is just slapped with the "AI Stick" with no thought about how the person involved will feel about it.
I saw the comments about it before watching and listening to it i thought it sounded very "direct" vs say a more bubbly voice for Nintendo or the State of Play voice. But the inflections sounded natural to me. And that if it was AI it was a MUCH more natural sounding one than before. But turns out not to be the case anyway

Rychu

Oct 25, 2017
Utah, USA
SEGA has an amazing 2024 lineup this year full of games for all types of audiences.
January - Like A Dragon: Infinite Wealth
February - Persona 3: Reload
March - Unicorn Overlord
June - Super Monkey Ball Rumble
June - Shin Megami Tensei V: Vengeance
September - Persona 3: Reload -Episode Aegis-
Fall 2024 - Metaphor ReFantaZio
Fall 2024 - Sonic X Shadow Generations

Now imagine if they were first party and all their games came to Game Pass day one. Multiplatform games are worth having the entire SEGA and Atlus libraries on Game Pass including the entire back catalog and every future game day one.

Granjinhaa

Dec 28, 2023
Just one thing I noticed: I thought they set some great expectations with the first Partner Preview last year, but clearly a lot less people seem to have tuned in today (after MGS appeared I would have imagined this event would have become bigger for the public). I don't know if they expected it or not. It's pretty obvious that the games shown today were smaller than last time, so the games they announce in the blog post clearly have an impact on the show metrics. Maybe they shouldn't even announce anything ahead of time? I personally like that they talk about 2-3 of them before it starts, but it works better when you have actual communities waiting for that one game like the Ark Remake. I don't think any of the three they announced had a lot of following already. Interesting thought.
did a lot less people tune in? it's tracking (in views) quite similar to the first one. probably gonna end up above it.