• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Feb 27, 2019
Is it actually Play Anywhere as in "cross buy"?

Yes—platforms listed on the MS Store are Xbox One, Xbox Series, and PC. It was the same with Lies of P. Seems to have all Play Anywhere capabilities, but the metadata tag is not enabled.

Sort of crazy how a show can reignite the sales of old games in substantial ways. These Fallout games must be moving meaningful and significant numbers at this point. These rankings are, of course, constantly changing. This is top 50 for xbox/playstation stores and top 100 global steam.

us xbox store
2 - fallout 4 goty
9 - fallout new vegas
13 - fallout 3
40 - fallout 4
50 - fallout 76 atlantic city deluxe edition

uk xbox store
4 - fallout 4 goty
9 - fallout new vegas
18 - fallout 3
22 - fallout 4

japan xbox store
1 - fallout 4 goty
5 - fallout new vegas
6 - fallout 3
43 - fallout 4

steam
6 - fallout 4
7 - fallout 4 goty
9 - fallout 76
18 - fallout franchise bundle
39 - fallout 3 goty
64 - fallout 4 vr
96 - fallout tactics brotherhood of steel

us playstation store
19 - fallout 4
22 - fallout 76

uk playstation store
13 - fallout 4
18 - fallout 76

I'm definitely one of these people. I was a huge fan of the series back in the day but kind of fell off from it after Fallout 3 (which I loved). I've only watched the first episode and it's gotten me really interested in revisiting the newer entries. I've now reinstalled Fallout 3 so I can play the DLCs (which I never played). (Side note: Gotta love cloud saves—my save from 2008 is still there with me on my Series X.)

All that is to say that a successful TV series or film will absolutely get people interested in the games. Really cool to see the series get so much exposure.

Oct 27, 2017
I'm definitely one of these people. I was a huge fan of the series back in the day but kind of fell off from it after Fallout 3 (which I loved). I've only watched the first episode and it's gotten me really interested in revisiting the newer entries. I've now reinstalled Fallout 3 so I can play the DLCs (which I never played). (Side note: Gotta love cloud saves—my save from 2008 is still there with me on my Series X.)

All that is to say that a successful TV series or film will absolutely get people interested in the games. Really cool to see the series get so much exposure.

A good or entertaining show can definitely get you in the mood for the franchise. Especially if the lore is interesting, watching Halo got me hooked wanting to invest in the franchise but I want something more that just an fps.

Yeah, I've also seen a lot of Twitch streamers play their very first Fallout games because of the show. Really cool to see.

solis74

Jun 11, 2018
Sort of crazy how a show can reignite the sales of old games in substantial ways. These Fallout games must be moving meaningful and significant numbers at this point. These rankings are, of course, constantly changing. This is top 50 for xbox/playstation stores and top 100 global steam.

us xbox store
2 - fallout 4 goty
9 - fallout new vegas
13 - fallout 3
40 - fallout 4

uk xbox store
4 - fallout 4 goty
9 - fallout new vegas
18 - fallout 3
22 - fallout 4

japan xbox store
1 - fallout 4 goty
5 - fallout new vegas
6 - fallout 3
43 - fallout 4

steam
6 - fallout 4
7 - fallout 4 goty
9 - fallout 76
39 - fallout 3 goty
64 - fallout 4 vr

us playstation store
19 - fallout 4
22 - fallout 76

uk playstation store
13 - fallout 4
18 - fallout 76

Fallout Shelter had a 300% increase

solis74

Jun 11, 2018
GLShK27XEAAzjX1

cwoody63

Dec 31, 2022
Truth be told I don't know WHO would want to touch BG after what Larian crafted with BG3. Seem's like a losing battle.

But yeah, give Sawyer the bag for a Pillars-universe (or Fallout) BG3 style game

ShadowGldtr

Mar 26, 2024
Somewhat of a hot take, but I do think there is quite a bit of room to expand in the BG universe. Act 1 is an incredible experience, but by Act 3, the games cracks really start opening up, and I don't think they did a good job within the city itself. There's a lot others could do within a city environment that was not done in BG3.

That being said, if WOTC is really going to demand quite a bit to license it, no reason to do it over another Wasteland or POE.

The Lord of Cereal

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Jan 9, 2020

UraMallas

Nov 1, 2017
United States
Considering where the TV show ends up, I wonder if doing a full-on remake of NV might not be a good thing to get up and running and outsourced ASAP. There are plenty of remake studios that could handle it and you could probably get that out before the show ends, hypothetically.

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
I know Longdale is prob looking at it from a WoW perspective but saying they let blizzard be blizzard after all the layoffs and cancellations and whatnot is kinda oof. Even if it was preplanned.

reksveks

May 17, 2022
Also #7 in the UK PlayStation Store Best Sellers. This looks poised to do big numbers on release day. Let's see what happens!
Created a quick crawler and got the following:

localepositiontitle
en-GB
7​
Sea of Thieves
en-US
11​
Sea of Thieves
en-AU
10​
Sea of Thieves
en-CA
10​
Sea of Thieves
en-NZ
12​
Sea of Thieves
fr-FR
4​
Sea of Thieves
fr-CA
10​
Sea of Thieves
fr-BE
3​
Sea of Thieves
fr-CH
8​
Sea of Thieves
de-DE
6​
Sea of Thieves
es-ES
10​
Sea of Thieves
it-IT
4​
Sea of Thieves
nl-NL
4​
Sea of Thieves
ru-RU
11​
Sea of Thieves

this is including released games.

Oct 27, 2017
Created a quick crawler and got the following:

localepositiontitle
en-GB
7​
Sea of Thieves
en-US
11​
Sea of Thieves
en-AU
10​
Sea of Thieves
en-CA
10​
Sea of Thieves
en-NZ
12​
Sea of Thieves
fr-FR
4​
Sea of Thieves
fr-CA
10​
Sea of Thieves
fr-BE
3​
Sea of Thieves
fr-CH
8​
Sea of Thieves
de-DE
6​
Sea of Thieves
es-ES
10​
Sea of Thieves
it-IT
4​
Sea of Thieves
nl-NL
4​
Sea of Thieves
ru-RU
11​
Sea of Thieves

this is including released games.

Very cool! Yeah, this is poised to do big numbers. Let's see what happens on release day!

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
New xcloud mkb titles

Xbox Cloud Gaming (Beta)
If you've been hoping for more titles to join the list of games you can play with Mouse and Keyboard support on Xbox Cloud Gaming (Beta), we've got good news! Beginning today, the titles listed below join the list:
  • Cities: Skylines - Mayor's Edition
  • Cities: Skylines - Remastered
  • House Flipper
  • Inkulinati (Game Preview)
  • Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord
  • Norco
  • Pikuniku
  • Quake
  • Quake 2
  • Slime Rancher 2
  • State of Decay 2
  • Terraria
  • The Sims 4
  • Valheim (Game Preview)

Oct 27, 2017
Kind of made a list of everything I'd like to go through this summer before more games hit later. But let's be honest, I'm probably only going to finish 4-5 of those over that timeframe. 🥶

Owned
Assassin's Creed Mirage

Game Pass
Control - DLC The Foundation
Control - DLC AWE
Psychonauts 2
Resident Evil 2 Remake - Leon B
Resident Evil 3 Remake
Fallout New Vegas (+DLCs)
Fallout 4 (+DLCs)
Star Wars Jedi Survivor
Prey
Harold Halibut
Hellblade 2
Sea of Thieves: Monkey Island
(Finishing) Wasteland 3
(Finishing) Pentiment
Wolfenstein New Colossus

To Buy
Resident Evil 4 Remake
Cyberpunk 2077 (+ DLC)
Alan Wake 2​
Good luck pal, that's quite the list.

Josh5890

I'm Your Favorite Poster's Favorite Poster
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I remain skeptical that "letting Blizzard be Blizzard" will produce great results for everyone. Who is still in charge there? Who is even left? At this point Blizzard is stuck with Overwatch 2 and I don't think they know what to do with it anymore. Starcraft isn't coming back any time soon if ever. They just lost a bunch of people to layovers. Odyssey was canceled and I'm willing to bet that the development was a mess at best. I don't play Diablo but 4 seems to have a good reception in most circles so that is good.

My point is that I'm not expecting Blizzard to do anything special again and I will be happily surprised if they do. It just feels like they've bled too much talent and had too many management issues over the years.

Bengraven

Oct 26, 2017
Florida
New xcloud mkb titles

Xbox Cloud Gaming (Beta)
If you've been hoping for more titles to join the list of games you can play with Mouse and Keyboard support on Xbox Cloud Gaming (Beta), we've got good news! Beginning today, the titles listed below join the list:
  • House Flipper
  • Norco
  • Pikuniku
  • Quake
  • Quake 2
  • Slime Rancher 2
  • State of Decay 2
  • Terraria
  • The Sims 4
  • Valheim (Game Preview)

ooooooh that's a game changer.

Like no pun intended. I can actually play through Bannerlord on my Xbox.

Montresor

Oct 27, 2017
I'd love to know what Xbox folks here think of these three games:

Harold Halibut
Open Roads
Botany Manor

All three seem right up my alley. But my gaming time is so limited, and there are so many good games in my backlog… I checked out all three IGN video reviews for these games, and they just seem like I would really like them (but just not "love" them). Hmmm, these would have been instant plays for me 5 years ago. Debating whether or not I add these games to my backlog. I love puzzle games and I love games with heartfelt narratives.

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
I'd love to know what Xbox folks here think of these three games:

Harold Halibut
Open Roads
Botany Manor

All three seem right up my alley. But my gaming time is so limited, and there are so many good games in my backlog… I checked out all three IGN video reviews for these games, and they just seem like I would really like them (but just not "love" them). Hmmm, these would have been instant plays for me 5 years ago. Debating whether or not I add these games to my backlog. I love puzzle games and I love games with heartfelt narratives.
Botany Manor is a 3 hour or less game. Pretty basic but fun enough. I have some quibbles with it but it's an easy one-shot type game or easy enough to break up in chunks with the chapters (which are like 3-4 plant puzzles per chapter). It's like a 7/10 indie puzzle game.

YozoraXV

Oct 30, 2017

us xbox store
2 - fallout 4 goty
9 - fallout new vegas
13 - fallout 3
40 - fallout 4

uk xbox store
4 - fallout 4 goty
9 - fallout new vegas
18 - fallout 3
22 - fallout 4

japan xbox store
1 - fallout 4 goty
5 - fallout new vegas
6 - fallout 3
43 - fallout 4

steam
6 - fallout 4
7 - fallout 4 goty
9 - fallout 76
39 - fallout 3 goty
64 - fallout 4 vr

us playstation store
19 - fallout 4
22 - fallout 76

uk playstation store
13 - fallout 4
18 - fallout 76

MS was smart to put them on sale, there are likely a lot of impulse purchases from the hype of the show.

MS would be wise to do the asme thing for Gears when the movie/shows release.

Montresor

Oct 27, 2017
Botany Manor is a 3 hour or less game. Pretty basic but fun enough. I have some quibbles with it but it's an easy one-shot type game or easy enough to break up in chunks with the chapters (which are like 3-4 plant puzzles per chapter). It's like a 7/10 indie puzzle game.

I know it's only been a few minutes but as soon as I hit post, I knew that I wouldn't be able to simply skip the games. It helps that Botany Manor is short. Thanks vixolus.

Open Roads is also short. I'm not seeing any data on Harold Halibut's length but that game seems too intriguing to pass up. Love the look of the Bioshock-esque environment.

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
I know it's only been a few minutes but as soon as I hit post, I knew that I wouldn't be able to simply skip the games. It helps that Botany Manor is short. Thanks vixolus.

Open Roads is also short. I'm not seeing any data on Harold Halibut's length but that game seems too intriguing to pass up. Love the look of the Bioshock-esque environment.
reviews said Harold is like 15 hours and pretty slow moving. So save that for later

Montresor

Oct 27, 2017
Just recently beat Gris. It's a beautiful game. It's a pretty good 2D cinematic puzzle platformer. But the puzzle elements in the game are light. Overall, the game isn't as strong as something like Limbo or INSIDE. But I really appreciate this game's art style, the music, the beauty in motion throughout the game.

It's a 4/5 - great or good, but not an amazing experience. It ends up being my least favourite game I've played this year, but I've only played five games so far haha.

1. Alan Wake II: 5/5
  2. Like A Dragon: Infinite Wealth: 5/5
  3. Cocoon: 5/5
  4. Like A Dragon Gaiden: The Man Who Erased His Name: 4.5/5
  5. Gris: 4/5

What's next? I'm still working my way through the Apollo Justice trilogy. I'll go ahead and use Botany Manor, Open Roads, and Harold Halibut as occasional palette cleaners as I get through the Apollo cases (just like I did with Gris). With Harold Halibut saved for last (per vixolus it's a longer game). And hopefully I can start playing The Quarry couch co-op with my wife.

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
Just recently beat Gris. It's a beautiful game. It's a pretty good 2D cinematic puzzle platformer. But the puzzle elements in the game are light. Overall, the game isn't as strong as something like Limbo or INSIDE. But I really appreciate this game's art style, the music, the beauty in motion throughout the game.

It's a 4/5 - great or good, but not an amazing experience. It ends up being my least favourite game I've played this year, but I've only played five games so far haha.

1. Alan Wake II: 5/5
  2. Like A Dragon: Infinite Wealth: 5/5
  3. Cocoon: 5/5
  4. Like A Dragon Gaiden: The Man Who Erased His Name: 4.5/5
  5. Gris: 4/5

What's next? I'm still working my way through the Apollo Justice trilogy. I'll go ahead and use Botany Manor, Open Roads, and Harold Halibut as occasional palette cleaners as I get through the Apollo cases (just like I did with Gris). With Harold Halibut saved for last (per vixolus it's a longer game). And hopefully I can start playing The Quarry couch co-op with my wife.
Did you ever play TUNIC?

Granjinhaa

Dec 28, 2023
New xcloud mkb titles

Xbox Cloud Gaming (Beta)
  • House Flipper
  • Norco
  • Pikuniku
  • Quake
  • Quake 2
  • Slime Rancher 2
  • State of Decay 2
  • Terraria
  • The Sims 4
  • Valheim (Game Preview)
they're adding more stuff faster than i expected lol

Montresor

Oct 27, 2017
Did you ever play TUNIC?

Yes, looking back through my personal GOTY lists, Tunic was my #2 game of 2022. I adored that game. I saw it as a weird blend of Dark Souls, Zelda, The Witness and Fez. I really dislike Dark Souls games but Tunic captivated me.

My 2022 list:

1. A Plague Tale: Requiem
  2. Tunic
  3. Danganronpa V3
  4. Pentiment
  5. AI The Somnium Files - nirvanA Initiative
  6. Danganronpa 2
  7. Yakuza 6
  8. Judgment
  9. Yakuza 5
  10. It Takes Two