• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Mr Evil 37

Mar 7, 2022
Because it's all part of Game Pass?
Isn't Game Pass still a product? A product that I subscribe to based on what are the upcoming dated games?
It is but Xbox is not responsible for how external companies make their games and do business. If Fatshark can't get Darktide out on Xbox on time, that's Fatshark's responsibility, not Xbox's. All Xbox did was pay for a marketing and exclusivity deal. They didn't fund or make the game. There's nothing Xbox can do about it besides have strong words with Fatshark behind the scenes and offer what support they can.

Tsunami561

Mar 7, 2023
I don't have a problem with either voiced or voiceless protagonists. I would just change the camera angle during dialogue. The static close up is a little bland. This is one area I felt Starfield was a step down from Fallout 4.

Even something like KotOR on the original Xbox—which had a voiceless protagonist—using a shot-reverse-shot that was pretty effective.

I was pleasantly surprised to see Avowed appears to be doing something like this.

They should have just done the Skyrim dialogue, I feel like they over corrected hah, sometimes the camera would "bug" and not go into the super zoomed perspective and it looked so much better and there's a mod that changes the camera to this bugged state, I know i'm using that for my next playthrough, it also takes the focus off the mediocre faces.

Granjinhaa

Dec 28, 2023
Isn't Game Pass still a product? A product that I subscribe to based on what are the upcoming dated games?

I'm saying there are a lot of games that are announced for Game Pass that end up coming much later for console, where I play. Some delays are expected because the console version is not announced (mostly first-party stuff, another issue anyway), and some are a surprise just before a release ("turns out the console version is delayed a year").
Game Pass is a product that is aimed both at PC and Console, which is why there are three subscription tiers of it, and in the last three months, there have been console only games as well. The Quarry, Dead Island 2, Lego 2K Drive are not on PC, for instance (and i suspect we'll see more of that in the future), and you don't see anyone on PC complaining about it. Remidns of the indie situation in this thread.

Again - some of these games come out completely fucked up on PC, so i have no idea why you would want Cities Skyline 2 on console right now. No one on PC wants it right now. And you can't predict a third party game coming out broken or stuff like that. Sorry but these complaints are silly.

NDA-Man

Mar 23, 2020
Perfect time for a wasteland themed operation with Eaglestrike core cosmetics, right? If only 😔.

View: https://twitter.com/WernissageYT/status/1780634235813916813

Lol. I dunno at this point. A grunt-themed operation would've been my jam, but I played on game and stopped. Don't think Fallout would do anything at this point.

Plus, you'd get a pip-boy arm accessory through the pass, and pay 20 apiece bucks for T-45, T-51, and Enclave armor.

Gay Bowser

Oct 30, 2017

You shouldn't ever subscribe to Game Pass based solely on upcoming games, because release dates can and do change. If Skylines 2 was the thing you were subscribing to Game Pass for, you should cancel your Game Pass subscription until it is out.

Something tells me that you also subscribe to Game Pass for the games that are on it now, though. And most of the games that are on it now on PC are also on console.

The goal with having over 300 games on the service (plus 100 more through EA Play on Game Pass Ultimate) is that a delay of any one upcoming game shouldn't lead to a significant reduction in value for the service. Either way, it's not like you've signed a multi-year contract, so I'm not sure I get being "upset." If you're not getting value out of the service, cancel it and save the money.

cwoody63

Dec 31, 2022
I want a Mario Golf game with Xbox characters. I want Master Chief, Crash Bandicoot, a Ghoul all hitting the links together.

Oct 27, 2017

Clippy

Feb 11, 2022
I posted the below in another thread, but I think it's worth reposting here. It does seem like Fallout is super, super popular among people in Europe. The fact that Fallout 4 being at $5 is #2 here is super impressive, since this is all revenue based. I screen captured the below screenshot at the noted time in the image below.

View: https://imgur.com/a/y7ElvoT

That's hilarious. And cool.

Get Fallout 1 up there, people!

Tsunami561

Mar 7, 2023
I posted the below in another thread, but I think it's worth reposting here. It does seem like Fallout is super, super popular among people in Europe. The fact that Fallout 4 being at $5 is #2 here is super impressive, since this is all revenue based. I screen captured the below screenshot at the noted time in the image below.

For us europeans Fallout is novel, Americans can just step outside

The Lord of Cereal

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Jan 9, 2020
Fallout PC bump gonna be worth more than The Ported Four combined when you take into account porting costs. ope
Honestly I'm not so sure, Sea of Thieves is probably going to be massive on PlayStation and probably come close to matching Fallout's performance. Especially when you consider that the PS5 port is probably going to bring new players to all platforms, not just PlayStation.

solis74

Jun 11, 2018
You shouldn't ever subscribe to Game Pass based solely on upcoming games, because release dates can and do change. If Skylines 2 was the thing you were subscribing to Game Pass for, you should cancel your Game Pass subscription until it is out.

Something tells me that you also subscribe to Game Pass for the games that are on it now, though. And most of the games that are on it now on PC are also on console.

The goal with having over 300 games on the service (plus 100 more through EA Play on Game Pass Ultimate) is that a delay of any one upcoming game shouldn't lead to a significant reduction in value for the service. Either way, it's not like you've signed a multi-year contract, so I'm not sure I get being "upset." If you're not getting value out of the service, cancel it and save the money.

yeps pretty much this.

Clippy

Feb 11, 2022
I subscribe to Game Pass for the peace of mind it brings me when my friends inevitably want to co-op something that's on Game Pass, and I don't have to think for a second whether or not I want to buy it.

You want to play Game Name Here? Sure, brother, I'll hop on now.

solis74

Jun 11, 2018

Agree, some really insane figures.

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020

That doesn't mean Xbox owners will suddenly be booting into a Windows desktop with a Start menu and pop-up ads for Bing, but it could mean that a future Xbox console would lean more toward the PC side of game development. Microsoft has been trying to bridge this development gap for years, with projects like GameCore, a method that makes it easier for developers to package up games that use both Xbox and PC services and run as container-based apps.
Microsoft is rumored to be working on an Xbox handheld, and while I'm not expecting the traditional next-generation Xbox console to run on Arm-based chips, I think they make a lot more sense in an Xbox handheld form factor. For an Xbox handheld to be successful, it will have to leverage the strengths of Windows and Xbox in a smart combination.
On The Vergecast, I recently discussed my ideal for an Xbox handheld. It would run Windows at its core but never expose this to you so it looks and feels like an Xbox console, but if you want to run Steam games or Xbox games, you can. Microsoft has the ability to run the Xbox OS on Windows and has experimented with doing exactly that in the past.
Hmm

Velgo

Dec 9, 2021
My controversial opinion is that they should fast track Fallout 5 over Elder Scrolls because Fallout is so unique and fun and good while Elder Scrolls has less personality to me.

Vico

Jan 3, 2018
Maybe what Xbox will learn from this entire Fallout thing is that there are plenty of ways to grow an IP and expand revenues without having the need to port it to other consoles and devaluing your hardware.

If the Halo TV show was good and popular, you'd also see the MCC top the Steam charts.

Quellyford

May 16, 2020
I'm surprised by how many people underestimate the impact on sales of a good and popular film/TV show. Video games were usually "merchandising" for big and popular films/TV shows. So, it makes sense that when one videogame IP becomes a successful movie or TV series, every game from the franchise explodes on popularity.

Not everything is going to be Fallout, The Last of Us or the Mario movie, but I think that MS, Sony and Nintendo have a good chance to expand the gaming audience through the transmedia initiative.

And having so many "old" games to remaster is another good chance to monetise the new visibility.
Makes me excited for the Gears TV show and movie on Netflix, but I wonder if they'll be able to properly tie it into the games. I know Halo didn't do too much on the game side to coincide with the show, despite the second season being well received.

Mr Evil 37

Mar 7, 2022
I know, I know… I just prefer Nuclear America to Tamriel. I've never finished Skyrim. But have multiple clears of FO3 and NV. I'm sure Elder Scrolls 6 will take over the world
Also, if they swapped TES VI for Fallout, the TES fans would riot. Like literally, they would march on BGS in Maryland.