• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

gabegabe

Jul 5, 2018
Brazil
Now I've started to randomly worry thinking about the possibility of both Metaphor and Avowed releasing too close to each other.

Bede-x

Oct 25, 2017
Dare we still hope for another BC drop? I remember people talking about it a while ago and it being semi-rumoured, despite the BC program officially ending. I need more Fallout after the show and was hoping they could add the Brotherhood of Steel game from the original Xbox. Microsoft must own that now.

Mr Evil 37

Mar 7, 2022
Dare we still hope for another BC drop? I remember people talking about it a while ago and it being semi-rumoured, despite the BC program officially ending. I need more Fallout after the show and was hoping they could add the Brotherhood of Steel game from the original Xbox. Microsoft must own that now.
I think if we get anything it'll be ABK stuff. I don't think it's realistic to expect anything else.

For the love of god, make Riddick back compat.

I know it'll never happen 😢

Last edited:

Bede-x

Oct 25, 2017
I think if we get anything it'll be ABK stuff. I don't think it's realistic to expect anything else.

For the love of god, make Riddick back compat.

I know it'll never happen 😢

Yeah, Riddick would be great, but that's almost certainly not happening anytime soon. Maybe it'll eventually be brought back like we've seen with older Star Wars games, Goldeneye, Turok and such. Will probably be a long while from now unfortunately :(

Why on earth would they do that?

For the same reason as other games have been brought back. Quality should never be the only determining factor here, as not just can opinions differ, but it's also not the only value gained from accessibility of titles.

Mr Evil 37

Mar 7, 2022
Yeah, Riddick would be great, but that's almost certainly not happening anytime soon. Maybe it'll eventually be brought back like we've seen with older Star Wars games, Goldeneye, Turok and such. Will probably be a long while from now unfortunately :(
Yeah, licensed games are always tricky. I replayed it on 360 last year so it's fine but I'd rather not have to do that lol

Still convinced that Avowed will be delayed out of 2024, and I'm not saying that as a bad thing.
Nah. If anything gets delayed it'll be Indy, and even that I don't think will happen.

Technically, Avowed could get delayed from "fall" to "holiday" and still release in 2024.

Last edited:

Bede-x

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, licensed games are always tricky. I replayed it on 360 last year so it's fine but I'd rather not have to do that lol

I have it on the original Xbox, 360 and PC (GOG), so the access is there for me, but it's just easier when you don't have to hook up old systems all the time and while PC is backwards compatible, it can come with its own issues. The GOG version for instance doesn't have Xbox button prompts.

I've played around 20 hours of Fallout 3 since the TV show released and it's just incredibly valuable to me, having the opportunity to do so on a modern system.

Last edited:

Orduss

Feb 3, 2021
Nah. If anything gets delayed it'll be Indy, and even that I don't think will happen.

Technically, Avowed could get delayed from "fall" to "holiday" and still release in 2024.
My reasoning comes from the long history of Obsidian games being not finished at launch or delayed. Avowed is probably their biggest game since a long time so it wouldn't surprise me.

Mr Evil 37

Mar 7, 2022
My reasoning comes from the long history of Obsidian games being not finished at launch or delayed. Avowed is probably their biggest game since a long time so it wouldn't surprise me.
We "know" (from Grubb) Avowed was originally targeting 2023 back in 2021, and for all we know it was originally early 2024 and pushed to late 2024, so I think they'll be fine. But we'll see. TOW's launch was solid.

Orduss

Feb 3, 2021
We "know" (from Grubb) Avowed was originally targeting 2023 back in 2021, and for all we know it was originally early 2024 and pushed to late 2024, so I think they'll be fine. But we'll see. TOW's launch was solid.
Yes it was, but at the cost of a lot of cut content.
Still excited to learn more about the game, because the last slate of article wasn't the most exciting as it was more to say what the game isn't rather that what it is. I think it's part of their communication's strategy, to reset expectations (initially set by the first teaser) and build on that in june.

Mr Evil 37

Mar 7, 2022
Yes it was, but at the cost of a lot of cut content.
Still excited to learn more about the game, because the last slate of article wasn't the most exciting as it was more to say what the game isn't rather that what it is. I think it's part of their communication's strategy, to reset expectations (initially set by the first teaser) and build on that in june.
Yeah. I have full faith in Obsidian (of all the Xbox studios they are one who have given us zero reason to doubt them) but I acknowledge people have concerns. I think expectations for Avowed prior to us seeing the game were perhaps in the wrong place (which is not entirely their fault as they didn't say anything about the game, but they also let that expectation build up).

I trust Carrie and the team.

Orduss

Feb 3, 2021
Yeah. I have full faith in Obsidian (of all the Xbox studios they are one who have given us zero reason to doubt them) but I acknowledge people have concerns. I think expectations for Avowed prior to us seeing the game were perhaps in the wrong place (which is not entirely their fault as they didn't say anything about the game, but they also let that expectation build up).

I trust Carrie and the team.
Yeah, though I don't know if this strategy works well. The state of the subreddit is better but still pretty annoying.

Mr Evil 37

Mar 7, 2022
Hm yes, but not if it's just like TOW, I'm convinced of that. I don't expect it to be like that though.
It already looks significantly better than TOW (visually at least) so I'm not worried about that. But also, TOW reviewed well, sold well and got lots of players on Game Pass, so that kind of success would be great for any developer. I do acknowledge that sentiment has soured on TOW over the years though.

We'll see how it goes.

solis74

Jun 11, 2018
I think Wasteland 3 was one of my most played games of 2020, bought the full GotY version even though I have Game Pass. Enjoyed the hell out of that game. I have a Major Tomcat t-shirt somewhere.

Having said that, inXile really likes to throw out Sophie's Choices. I got to a point in the third act(?) where I mentally could not resolve a choice, so I just stopped for a while and have yet to finish the game. I come back every so often and I'm like: "Oh, yeah, that."

i really need to jump back into W3

bb1173

May 1, 2022
I doubt the games have much overlap in terms of the target audience in the end.
they have at least one! *waves*

didn't actually play a jrpg until p5r last Feb, but played all the available personas and yakuza 7/8 now, and looking at some other jrpg.

also loves wrpg, and obsidian are one of my favourite devs.

so them releasing close will mean I have to choose between western or Japanese.

UraMallas

Nov 1, 2017
United States
they have at least one! *waves*

didn't actually play a jrpg until p5r last Feb, but played all the available personas and yakuza 7/8 now, and looking at some other jrpg.

also loves wrpg, and obsidian are one of my favourite devs.

so them releasing close will mean I have to choose between western or Japanese.
I make two. And I hadn't even thought about this until it was brought up on this page.

JT_77

Mar 15, 2021
Oh no I was getting ready to start Fallout 4 on Fri but Jedi Survivor hits game pass tomorrow.... decisions!

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
Intresting day tomorrow. SoT release on PS5 and Fallout update.
SoT release is gonna be a intresting watch the coming weeks for all reasons.
Do we know how Grounded and Hi Fi rush are doing on other platforms?

Tappin Brews

#TeamThierry
Oct 25, 2017
The ultimate reward coating, some horror straight out of Diablo 💀.

WBaAm0t.png

Oh that's nice

Bede-x

Oct 25, 2017
Sharing this post by Darkstorne in the Starfield OT... damn

I'm playing Fallout 3 these days and had forgotten that NPCs actually react to you walking into physical objects. It's nothing more than a voice line like "be careful where you're going" or similar, when you stumble into an object and it moves, but it's still so unusual in games that it stands out. They also do reactions like that for some non physical objects, like if you look at a locked door, with the lock pick option being displayed, they might go "that door is locked for a reason" or "stay away from that".

They also have a few places, where they hide good loot beneath bad, because the objects are physical. So there might be a box with bad heavy loot on top, but if you actually remove it, you can see something better lying under it.

Their games always stand out or feel unique in some ways, which helps make them memorable.

Last edited:

solis74

Jun 11, 2018
This is why Starfield is special. It's like Todd said in Into The Starfield years ago. The feeling of being alone on a planet and watching the day night cycle and the planetary cycle seems like it isn't gameplay, but it is.

yeah there is so much going on with this game, that constantly wows me when playing

Ascenion

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Mecklenburg-Strelitz
I wanted both Metaphor CEs, Japanese and US. I'm disappointed but not surprised it's PlayStation exclusive in Japan. I keep hoping I'm wrong but I can't find the Xbox Japanese version.

gabegabe

Jul 5, 2018
Brazil
very real chance of that imo

If that's the case, then it's goodbye Metaphor for me.

I'm going to take my sweet time with Avowed.

I doubt the games have much overlap in terms of the target audience in the end.

The problem is that it overlaps in ME because I'm equally hyped for both games :( I hope it doesn't happen but now I have a feeling it will

I'm worried to not find a physical copy for Xbox in my country (Brazil)

Do Metaphor? Eu acho que só se alguma loja trouxer importado, por aqui eu imagino que só pra PS5 (e olhe lá).

pg2g

Dec 18, 2018
I'd say Avowed is more likely to benefit from a patch or two than Metaphor is, so if you're equally hyped it might make sense to play that first.

DDrift

Jun 9, 2019
Do Metaphor? Eu acho que só se alguma loja trouxer importado, por aqui eu imagino que só pra PS5 (e olhe lá).

Sim, provavelmente só vai ter no PS5, decisão idiota da MS de não produzir/vender jogos do Xbox mais por aqui. Eu realmente gostaria de apoiar o jogo no Xbox, mas se não tiver versão física aqui, vou comprar a do PS5.
(Yes, it'll probably only be available on PS5, dumb decision by MS not to produce/sell Xbox games around here anymore. I really wanted to support the game on Xbox, but if there's no physical version here, I'll buy the PS5 one.)

The Lord of Cereal

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Jan 9, 2020
I think the problem with Avowed is that those types of games really just don't show very well in gameplay demos. It's all about playing the game yourself to see how it feels and to experience the quests yourself