• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
It's normal to announce and launch a brand new console hardware accessory within weeks right guys right

sujay

Oct 27, 2017
I think they might end up waiting until next generation to introduce a new controller with brand new features for developers to support.

monarch10

Jun 23, 2022
www.halowaypoint.com

The Exchange | Halo Infinite CU32

<p>Customizing your personal Spartan has long been a core component of Halo Infinite, and as we look ahead to our next update, we’re excited to share details of a brand-new system that will give players more agency over earned customization content.</p>

• "Xandadu Falu" – Armor Coating – NEW
  • "Needle Minder" – Helmet Attachment – NEW
  • "Crowd Pleaser" – Hip Gear – NEW
  • "Yap Pack" – Emblem – NEW
  • "Yap Splat" – Emblem – NEW
  • "Platinum Anniversary" – Vehicle Coating – 20th Anniversary
  • "Platinum Anniversary" – Weapon Coating – 20th Anniversary
  • "Platinum Anniversary" – Armor Coating – 20th Anniversary
  • "Blue Team" – Weapon Charm – 20th Anniversary
  • "I Love Bees" – Emblem – 20th Anniversary
  • "Margaret's Honey" – Backdrop – 20th Anniversary
  • "Fire in Your Heart" – Emblem – 20th Anniversary
  • "Assembled" – Emblem – 20th Anniversary
  • "Citron White" – Armor Coating – Yappening
  • "Platinum Marigold" – Weapon Coating – Yappening
  • "The Entropy of Spring" – Death FX – Yappening
  • "A Banana" – Weapon Charm – Yappening
  • "Free Hugs" – Visor – Yappening
  • "Erde Tyrene" – AI Color – Yappening
  • "Slippery When Wet" – Backdrop – Yappening
  • "Tac/Holodyne Mispec" – Wrist Gear – Ultimate Reward

Even when things rotate out of the Exchange, they will still be purchase-able through the customization menu.

Also completing your first Daily Challenge will award 250 SP (no more XP).

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
www.halowaypoint.com

<p>Customizing your personal Spartan has long been a core component of Halo Infinite, and as we look ahead to our next update, we’re excited to share details of a brand-new system that will give players more agency over earned customization content.</p>

Even when things rotate out of the Exchange, they will still be purchase-able through the customization menu.

yeah im mostly curious if the second daily game will still reward sizeable xp...

solis74

Jun 11, 2018
www.halowaypoint.com

sounding promising so far.

UraMallas

Nov 1, 2017
United States
www.halowaypoint.com

Bummer. I was kinda falling off the game but still doing my daily. If the pass moves along at a 🐌 pace, I think it will be time to hang up the helmet.

Gonna see how quickly it progresses first.

DontHateTheBacon

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah character movement in this game is SUPER sensitive, I've found myself not realizing I was touching the thumbstick ever so slightly with the character moving thinking I was entering a cutscene type moment. Luckily it doesn't move if I'm for sure not grazing the thumbsticks though, sounds like you're probably going to have to open the controller. I've seen others recommend electronics alcohol and blowing into the thumbstick hole but those have never worked for me on a controller that drifts.

Another thing I've noticed with Eiyuden is that I lose all sound in the game on quick resume so I have to close the game and reopen it on the dashboard to get sound back.
Dang. I have a second controller for my wife, so I guess I'll try that one. Thanks for letting me know about the Quick Resume bug. I'll keep that in mind.

knightmawk

Dec 12, 2018
Why do people think Blizzard is making a Starcraft game? I've seen some people say it with total conviction today. Is it just blind hope?

Had the same thought..and based on the answers I am still unsure. HowLongToBeat has Elden Ring at 60. Dark Souls - 30-40. Lies of P at 30.

It is confusing to me as well yeah, Elden Ring came in at just over 70 hours for me, otherwise I'm pretty dead on with HLTB, I'm having a hard time imagining it being under 20 hours.

I don't disagree that I like short games, but I don't expect soulslikes to be short, and honestly 25 hours isn't that bad. That's a good length to me, I can finish that in like a month or two.

Granjinhaa

Dec 28, 2023
i'm more curious about march's NPD. the sales in the US are pretty much the same after the third party games, and i'm curious how march went. january was up YoY and Feb was down but that was expected since the banned transphobe game came out last feb

although we'll get a general idea with earnings too. curious to see their expectations for the next 3 months.

The Lord of Cereal

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Jan 9, 2020
i'm more curious about march's NPD. the sales in the US are pretty much the same after the third party games, and i'm curious how march went. january was up YoY and Feb was down but that was expected since the banned transphobe game came out last feb

although we'll get a general idea with earnings too. curious to see their expectations for the next 3 months.
Honestly I wouldn't be surprised if March is down for Xbox YoY too, not just the terf game that launched last Feb but also Helldivers launched in late February on PlayStation this year as well. Not even mentioning that all three platform holders are getting to a point where growth is limited from here on out in the generation.

Honestly I don't think that the first batch of third party games will make any real impact on hardware one way or the other. Pentiment and Hi-Fi Rush were too small to be relevant, Grounded is in kind of a middle ground and Sea of Thieves is a massive multiplayer game and not so much a system seller.

FilthyCasual

Aug 30, 2021
IGN's review said it took him 20 hours. It might be less if ur gud. Seems like a fair length. Pretty similar to Lies of P.

Sheeeit, it took me three hours to get past the first boss (I guess there was some wandering around the hotel afterwards). I find it hard to believe that that is 1/7 of how long it would take me to finish the game.

The Lord of Cereal

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Jan 9, 2020
I get the feeling that Fallout 76 is going to hit a new high CCU this weekend on Steam. On PC Game Pass, it's the 5th most popular game (behind the usual suspects) and on console Game Pass it's the 7th most popular. Also slightly less relevant but it's the #1 Trending game on PC Game Pass as well. Also I find it funny how all of the Fallout games on PC Game Pass except for Tactics are now trending because of the show.
bafkreiaiqhddgpfajioytyi725kn4vuibcdytgvaxkzgunizkettshbjei@jpeg

Also, I think it's interesting that Grounded is so high up on the trending, it looks like the multiplatform release has been pretty kind to it's numbers on Xbox/PC lmao

solis74

Jun 11, 2018
considering F76 did a million players the other day and 110k was on Steam, PC/Xbox /ps are also doing crazy numbers on engagement :)

The Lord of Cereal

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Jan 9, 2020
Minecraft Plugin which introduces unlimited quests using AI. With this plugin, NPCs offer an array of quests to players at different points of interest dynamically. These NPCs can engage in conversations and interact with players just like real human players.
I found the addition of unlimited quests to the Minecraft experience quite refreshing. If you're interested, you can try out this server too. You can find all the details about the servers on the XGaming website.
Even the doom posting about games being ported was better than this stuff… goddamn AI/spam bots infecting this sacred OT

Gnaget1891

Sep 21, 2020
I really wish Xbox would add a button to install the game with all the dlc that I own. So frustrating having to install them one by one when a game has lots of dlc.

reksveks

May 17, 2022
Got a question.

I have the xbox wireless headphones and two semi broken normal headphones. I kinda want to replace the normal headphones with a new pair (looking at the mx4/5) but also want to use it for hb2.

Question (obviously subjective) is how big is the gap between the xbox wireless headphones and something like the mx4/5 for gaming? Do you have any other recommendations?

Vico

Jan 3, 2018
Just looked at the changes coming to Infinite next week, particularly on the shop side with "The Exchange". Are people happy with it?

This just screams to me as yet another way to hide the fact that they don't have enough content to even sustain their 6-weeks operations, and to offer less new things for free.

They're essentially replacing some items from the operations passes with Spartan Points, so first of all we notice that there are less new content/items in these free passes.

And spartan points mostly allow players to earn things that were free that they missed (with just a couple of brand new things just to make it look right), which means those are mostly older items.

And on top of that, you don't win XP anymore for the daily and ultimate challenges, making the operations passes harder to do (longer). Which means it'll be a good bit before you can have enough Spartan Points to win the couple of items you might have missed a year ago.

And also, no ultimate reward anymore? So one less new free item avalaible.

Now, don't get me wrong, I know that they can't sustain it any better (and there are some good stuff on the sides like the Forge additions, but let's be honest, it's too late at this point), but that's precisely it: at this point, who would really blame them if they just stopped supporting this game? I'd 100% prefer hearing officially that they're full steam ahead on the next game - even if it's 5 years away - with a full workforce than see them squeeze more and more time and money from the remaining players (and I'm one of them).

Mr Evil 37

Mar 7, 2022
Not sure if we'll hear anything until they get bought out.
I really doubt that would prevent them from renewing shows. It's business as usual until the acquisition goes through.

Also, it may not even go through, and if it does, these things take a long time.

Also, I think it's interesting that Grounded is so high up on the trending, it looks like the multiplatform release has been pretty kind to it's numbers on Xbox/PC lmao
The new releases are marketing at the end of the day. People who haven't played on Xbox, either at all or in a while, will see it coming to other platforms and think "hey I should check that out" especially if their friends on those platforms can now play. Plus, there was a new update with lots of new content.

Vico

Jan 3, 2018
Played a lot of Sea of Thieves in the past couple of days with friends.

This game is still really unique. And breathtaking too. 👌🏻 I'll soon try the Monkey Island stuff.

Oh how I wish they'd make a single-player story driven PVE spin off... With just a revamped combat system and better characters.

Kill3r7

Oct 25, 2017
Got a question.

I have the xbox wireless headphones and two semi broken normal headphones. I kinda want to replace the normal headphones with a new pair (looking at the mx4/5) but also want to use it for hb2.

Question (obviously subjective) is how big is the gap between the xbox wireless headphones and something like the mx4/5 for gaming? Do you have any other recommendations?

I have used the Arctis 7X since 2020, maybe even earlier. I like them a lot. Prior to that I was using the Astro A40TR+mixamp (they were pretty good but for all the wires). I think from a sound profile using your own high end cans is probably the cheapest option. Obviously you are limited on chat options but that's not something you need for HB2.