• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

MCD

Honest Work
Oct 27, 2017

View: https://twitter.com/AUTOMATON_ENG/status/1783422326392189072?t=GWbXOtR_gAZ6oiPkE_sJ5Q&s=19

Sounds familiar?

www.yahoo.com

Xbox’s Pivot to Multiplatform Is Partly Due to Gen Z Habits, Says Phil Spencer

Xbox boss Phil Spencer has said that Microsoft’s pivot to multiplatform, and decision to release games on rival PlayStation, partly stem from its research into Gen Z purchasing habits. The generation — born between mid/late 1990s and early 2010s — have vastly different consumption patterns than...

Shirkelton

Aug 20, 2020
Very funny to put your nom de guerre on a meme made by someone else, featuring characters owned by someone else.

Sipahi

Jan 30, 2021
What games do you guys think will be announced for this year (if any)? I can only really see a DF game.

We should get 2025 dates for:
Fable
SoM
Clockwork (Maybe)
Contraband
Perfect Dark
State of Decay 3 (Maybe)
Id Softwares game

There should be some 2026 and beyond titles aswell albeit with no official date:
ZOS game
Everwild (Maybe)
TOW 2 (Maybe)
Some wildcards from XGSP
Project Mara (Maybe)
Gears 6

And then I think there should be the one hype teaser. Could be:
Killer Instinct 2
Banjo Kazooie
Next Halo
Something Fallout?
ESVI?

Top it off with some hardware announcements and we have the greatest showcase of all time. If even half of these games show up it will be a classic. I do wonder though will they increase the length of the show or reduce the 3rd party presence to accommodate these titles. I dont see anything Direct worthy apart from Fable if it's ready to be showcased for half ans hour so that could free time.

Announcement next week?

Mr Evil 37

Mar 7, 2022
What games do you guys think will be announced for this year (if any)? I can only really see a DF game.

Fable
SoM
Clockwork (Maybe)
Contraband
Perfect Dark
State of Decay 3 (Maybe)
Id Softwares game

There should be some 2026 and beyond titles aswell albeit with no official date:
ZOS game
Everwild (Maybe)
TOW 2 (Maybe)
Some wildcards from XGSP
Project Mara (Maybe)
Gears 6

Killer Instinct 2
Banjo Kazooie
Next Halo
Something Fallout?
ESVI?

Top it off with some hardware announcements and we have the greatest showcase of all time. If even half of these games show up it will be a classic. I do wonder though will they increase the length of the show or reduce the 3rd party presence to accommodate these titles. I dont see anything Direct worthy apart from Fable if it's ready to be showcased for half ans hour so that could free time.

Announcement next week?
I don't think we get dates for any 2025 games, just confirmation of "2025" being the window (MAYBE if there's something in January or February they might date it, but even then).

I think Fable, South of Midnight, Contraband, State of Decay 3, The Outer Worlds 2 and Forza Horizon 6 will be 2025, and we will see all of them except Forza (they'll reveal it next year and release it that fall). As for 2026 games that could be shown, I think Gears and id's game get announcements (likely in-engine teasers), Clockwork Revolution will probably be there and Perfect Dark might get an in-game trailer similar to what Fable got last year (if not here, then TGA).

Gears could also be 2025 but as a general rule I think announced games will usually release before unannounced games (not always though).

Last edited:

Mr Evil 37

Mar 7, 2022
Call of duty should have a big spot this year.
Oh it definitely will. I don't like including CoD in my predictions because it's a given that it'll be there and I don't think it will impact other releases that much (if Indy or whatever other big game is ready for release in November, they will release it in November, regardless if CoD is the same month).

jungius

Sep 5, 2021
its near may already and theres no news about the xbox refresh? im so waiting for that 😂

do you guys think they will announce it on dev direct?

solis74

Jun 11, 2018

Fable
SoM
Clockwork (Maybe)
Contraband
Perfect Dark
State of Decay 3 (Maybe)
Id Softwares game

ZOS game
Everwild (Maybe)
TOW 2 (Maybe)
Some wildcards from XGSP
Project Mara (Maybe)
Gears 6

Killer Instinct 2
Banjo Kazooie
Next Halo
Something Fallout?
ESVI?

Announcement next week?

I don't think we get any dates for 2025 (devs have learned that lesson) but maybe tentative seasons/quarters

Bede-x

Oct 25, 2017
"Okey Dokey'' is gonna be the next OT name right? I mean that is decided by faith already

It has to be. Was one of my favorite things in the show.
Just watching the words and their meaning deteriorate over the season and that last okey-dokey where all of Lucy's naivety seems drained from her being, still gives me chills.

Vico

Jan 3, 2018
I still need them to talk about that new controller.
All of mine have stick drifts and it's becoming a pain in the ass. Ain't no way I'm rebuying one if the brand new controller is right around the corner.

Mr Evil 37

Mar 7, 2022
I still need them to talk about that new controller.
All of mine have stick drifts and it's becoming a pain in the ass. Ain't no way I'm rebuying one if the brand new controller is right around the corner.
It's so funny how people's controller experiences are so different. I've never once had stick drift with an Xbox controller, and the only damage I've had in the last decade or so was from me dropping the Halo 5 Locke controller on a hard surface (bumper came off) and my blue Series X controller I got at launch which after four years had the rubber on the joystick rub off (it also stopped charging but that's a Play and Charge kit issue rather than a controller issue).

I've really wanted to buy the blue Elite 2 Core (because it's sick) but I'm also holding off in case the new controller is soon, so I'm using the OG Series X black controller (boooooooooring).

It has to be. Was one of my favorite things in the show.
Just watching the words and their meaning deteriorate over the season and that last okey-dokey where all of Lucy's naivety seems drained from her being, still gives me chills.
I saw an Instagram reel that was a compilation of all her okey dokeys in chronological order and it really illuminated this point. It's so powerful.

Mr Evil 37

Mar 7, 2022
I wonder if Gears 6 will have the number or just a subtitle, or both. Gears of War 6, Gears of War 6: Guardians, Gears of War: Infinite.

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
Godd Howard Executive Producer of the fallout tv show waited until the right team and moment to get a great show made.

Godd Howard Executive Producer of the Indiana jones game waited until the right team and moment to get the game made.

MachineGames goated.

Troy Baker redeemed.

Raise your Fedoras.