• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Clippy

Feb 11, 2022
Can't overstate how excited I am about the 40 fps mode for Fallout 4. Should also mean that if it's possible for Starfield to have a stable 40 fps mode in the next really big update (big if) they'll do it.

ethanradd

Oct 30, 2017
Can't overstate how excited I am about the 40 fps mode for Fallout 4. Should also mean that if it's possible for Starfield to have a stable 40 fps mode in the next really big update (big if) they'll do it.
I'm hoping they work on Fallout 76 as well, the Fallout hype had me check out that game as well. While it's in a pretty good state content wise, performance is kinda stuttery, it's struggling to hold 60fps at 4K. They need to lower the resolution or make it dynamic, or give a 40fps option.

Josh5890

I'm Your Favorite Poster's Favorite Poster
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

Haregan

Aug 21, 2022
Serbia
They are probably reassessing things after the layoffs and project cancellations earlier this year. They probably wouldn't have much to share this year besides what is going on with WOW, and maybe a Diablo 4 expansion. All that said, hopefully we get it back in 2025 or later with StarCraft news.
Pretty much that. It's also operating at a loss, but it still seems like solid marketing considering how many people watch plus all the news coverage.

The Lord of Cereal

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Jan 9, 2020
Honestly I wouldn't be surprised if Blizzcon gets consolidated into being a larger Microsoft Gaming convention. Blizzcon on its own is currently too big to do away with but also to narrow to do every year and be sustainable, especially that it centers only on Blizzard who nowadays only have GAAS games and with development timelines will only have things to show every few years at best.

It's not like Minecraft Live or QuakeCon where the events are both small enough and sustainable in their own right…

Granjinhaa

Dec 28, 2023
so what stuff is everyone wanting to see on monday at the id@xbox showcase?

some for me:

replaced
To a T (Keita's Takahashi new game)
Routine
Blue Prince for Xbox
Bushiden's release date

MCD

Honest Work
Oct 27, 2017
I hope it's canon.

I was looking forward to play it until I saw the '25 hours to finish it' in some previous comments lol

"Soulslike", "25 hours long"... insta pass for me unfortunately.

View: https://twitter.com/takumishiina117/status/1783544493729542287?t=U1u4dttp1FHuppZt4GaA_g&s=19

"Enemy attacks are heavy and powerful, giving the game a very soul-like feel.
However, various optional assist functions exist from the beginning, such as enemy HP reduction, damage reduction, and no item loss upon death, making it easy for beginners to touch the game."

If anyone worried about it being Soulslike/hard, don't worry and give it a try.

Perzeval

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
Yeah saw this earlier, was this known?

I heard such good things about it, would I miss much by not playing the first? Got through about 7-8 hours of it but the level design was just so bad and it all felt a bit bland.
I'm planning on playing survivor this weekend. I enjoyed the first, don't know how crucial it is to play that one first. Depends on how important story is to you I guess.

MCD

Honest Work
Oct 27, 2017
so what stuff is everyone wanting to see on monday at the id@xbox showcase?

some for me:

replaced
To a T (Keita's Takahashi new game)
Routine
Blue Prince for Xbox
Bushiden's release date

Some quick games need to see on Xbox soon:

store.steampowered.com

Save 35% on HAAK on Steam

HAAK is a Metroidvania-Platformer. As the mysterious wanderer Haak, you embarked on an epic expedition across the vast cyber-wasteland to find your lost brother. Explore deserted cities and metro, refine your weapons and hack skills, and uncover the secrets behind metal and dust.

store.steampowered.com

Hayaku! Island of Darkness on Steam

Explore a mysterious island full of dangers and uncover the secrets behind the anomalous creatures that inhabit it in this retro-style metroidvania.

store.steampowered.com

Save 25% on Berserk Boy on Steam

BERSERK BOY is a high speed action packed Platformer, with Metroidvania elements. Packed with vibrant and stylish pixel art. Go Berserk! as you change into different forms and use the power of Lightning, Fire, Ice, Air, and Earth to save the planet!

store.steampowered.com

Gravity Circuit on Steam

Gravity Circuit is a flashy action packed 2D platformer in the spirit of console classics. Follow Kai, a lone operative war hero who harnesses the mysterious powers of the Gravity Circuit, on an adventure in a futuristic world inhabited by sentient robots.

store.steampowered.com

Eternights on Steam

Eternights is a dating action game where you try to make the most out of life during the apocalypse. Monday: Go on a date. Tuesday: Clear dungeon. Friday: Freak out! The clock is ticking!!

store.steampowered.com

Save 10% on Virtua Unlimited Project on Steam

Virtua Unlimited Project is a 2D pixel-art style ACT game featuring VTuber characters. With classical platformer gameplay, challenging combat, and retro game feelings, VUP presents you a surreal, virtual world in which you will play as Aizawa Kana to venture and seek the truth beneath.

Send them this list Granji I don't care how you do it just do it 🗣️

PianoBlack

May 24, 2018
United States
Got a question.

I have the xbox wireless headphones and two semi broken normal headphones. I kinda want to replace the normal headphones with a new pair (looking at the mx4/5) but also want to use it for hb2.

Question (obviously subjective) is how big is the gap between the xbox wireless headphones and something like the mx4/5 for gaming? Do you have any other recommendations?

I happily used the Xbox Wireless headset for a couple years until the earcup fake leather stitching pulled apart. The features are nice, like the volume dial and simultaneous bluetooth + Xbox wireless so you can mix phone and game audio. But the audio quality overall is "eh". I woulda played Hellblade on them and not minded but after moving on to something else I'm kinda glad to have upgraded. Big thing I remember was periodic static/garbled intervals on Xbox wireless connection... Like not constantly but once or twice a night for a few seconds.

From FO4 patch notes

Now that Bethesda has done this 120hz detection thing I definitely think they will implement for Starfield. The headroom is already there. The 1440p bit is also interesting. Basically there are 4 modes. But it also makes me think they should've just allowed you to use that 1440p mode even with 4k output.

Incredibly excited for 40 FPS Starfield. My waiting is paying off!

PianoBlack

May 24, 2018
United States
Yeah saw this earlier, was this known?

I heard such good things about it, would I miss much by not playing the first? Got through about 7-8 hours of it but the level design was just so bad and it all felt a bit bland.

I thought the first one was awesome, and the ending is great, and there are some characters / developments that come in later on which I assume could have some importance in the sequel. I think you'd have a little "who? what?" with survivor. But if the first really didn't click though I doubt it'll ruin the game for you.

DiegoPaulino

Aug 24, 2023

View: https://twitter.com/takumishiina117/status/1783544493729542287?t=U1u4dttp1FHuppZt4GaA_g&s=19

"Enemy attacks are heavy and powerful, giving the game a very soul-like feel.
However, various optional assist functions exist from the beginning, such as enemy HP reduction, damage reduction, and no item loss upon death, making it easy for beginners to touch the game."

If anyone worried about it being Soulslike/hard, don't worry and give it a try.

Thanks! But my "problem" with it isn't it being a soulsborne, It's just I just did a 100+ hours run on LaD 8 and anything that long just tires me lol

ratprophet

Jun 24, 2021
I thought the first one was awesome, and the ending is great, and there are some characters / developments that come in later on which I assume could have some importance in the sequel. I think you'd have a little "who? what?" with survivor. But if the first really didn't click though I doubt it'll ruin the game for you.

I think you've persuaded me to give it another go, I'll play on easiest difficulty to hopefully blitz through to those moments you suggested (the first 2 hours or so I thought were excellent, good to know it picks back up at the end) as I remember the settings for that being very granular.

MCD

Honest Work
Oct 27, 2017

View: https://twitter.com/XboxGamePass/status/1783556584162967896?t=xQGn2RjlWL_LlmMw1sCx4Q&s=19

Thanks! But my "problem" with it isn't it being a soulsborne, It's just I just did a 100+ hours run on LaD 8 and anything that long just tires me lol

I feel you

I'm still juggling between Grandia 2, Overwatch 2 and recent surprise fav: Orcs must Die 3.

Love Game Pass otherwise I'd never have known about Orcs 3.

Love this for Crap game btw:

View: https://twitter.com/AggroCrabGames/status/1783553324899533179?t=mHD1kCCqOqHxlWTYRzE-6w&s=19

Granjinhaa

Dec 28, 2023
Some quick games need to see on Xbox soon:

store.steampowered.com

Save 35% on HAAK on Steam

HAAK is a Metroidvania-Platformer. As the mysterious wanderer Haak, you embarked on an epic expedition across the vast cyber-wasteland to find your lost brother. Explore deserted cities and metro, refine your weapons and hack skills, and uncover the secrets behind metal and dust.

store.steampowered.com

Hayaku! Island of Darkness on Steam

Explore a mysterious island full of dangers and uncover the secrets behind the anomalous creatures that inhabit it in this retro-style metroidvania.

store.steampowered.com

Save 25% on Berserk Boy on Steam

BERSERK BOY is a high speed action packed Platformer, with Metroidvania elements. Packed with vibrant and stylish pixel art. Go Berserk! as you change into different forms and use the power of Lightning, Fire, Ice, Air, and Earth to save the planet!

store.steampowered.com

Gravity Circuit on Steam

Gravity Circuit is a flashy action packed 2D platformer in the spirit of console classics. Follow Kai, a lone operative war hero who harnesses the mysterious powers of the Gravity Circuit, on an adventure in a futuristic world inhabited by sentient robots.

store.steampowered.com

Eternights on Steam

Eternights is a dating action game where you try to make the most out of life during the apocalypse. Monday: Go on a date. Tuesday: Clear dungeon. Friday: Freak out! The clock is ticking!!

store.steampowered.com

Save 10% on Virtua Unlimited Project on Steam

Virtua Unlimited Project is a 2D pixel-art style ACT game featuring VTuber characters. With classical platformer gameplay, challenging combat, and retro game feelings, VUP presents you a surreal, virtual world in which you will play as Aizawa Kana to venture and seek the truth beneath.

Send them this list Granji I don't care how you do it just do it 🗣️
Hayaku looks really dope. I saw Chris Charla answering the devs of Haak on twitter so i can see it coming over, and i expect Eternights to end up on everything since it's published by Kepler

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
Amy Hood will give a 50% increase in software gaming revenue this quarter due to the release of Redfall DLC

Sep 8, 2019
we-can-only-hope-and-pray-cristine-raquel-rotenberg.gif

Mcbel

Sep 6, 2023
Who's ready for the post Microsoft earnings doom
*Raises hand*

Whenever MS gets doomed, they come back stronger than ever.

Honestly I wouldn't be surprised if this last quarter was actually pretty good for them and better than expectations, but people will still doom that it's down YoY because there weren't any killer third party games released in the quarter like there was last year

Welp, Palworld got already forgotten.

MCD

Honest Work
Oct 27, 2017
Hayaku looks really dope. I saw Chris Charla answering the devs of Haak on twitter so i can see it coming over, and i expect Eternights to end up on everything since it's published by Kepler

HAAK/Eternights 👌

store.steampowered.com

En Garde! on Steam

En Garde! – the swashbuckler action game! Battle graceless guards and nefarious noblemen in fast-paced fights full of spectacle. Use the environment, your wit and your blade to teach them all a lesson!

Potential Xbox/console release as well.