Should there be a new OT?

• Yes

Votes: 423 53.1%
  • No

Votes: 374 46.9%

• Total voters

Native_Vel

Jun 5, 2022
Those Helldivers 2 star wars mods are what Starfield would look like right now if the Creation Kit launched with the game.

Josh5890

I'm Your Favorite Poster's Favorite Poster
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
So which of these do you think happens and in which order?

1. Xbox goes third party day and date.
  2. Xbox goes third party with some timed exclusivity
  3. Xbox gets rid of gamepass
  4. Xbox stops producing hardware.
I can't see how they go third party, get rid of gamepass and have enough audience to produce e hardware.

Either 2 or 1 comes first. 4 is probably farther down the line. I don't think that next gen hardware can be completely ruled out.

If Microsoft were to kill GamePass, that probably comes with most of the current leadership already gone, starting with Phil. That has been his baby for the longest time.

Governergrimm

Jun 25, 2019
I suppose I should have stated, I don't think they exit hardware next gen. I would think it would be mid next gen or after next gen. I definitely think they are going to try next gen I just don't know if it will land.

Kiekura

Mar 23, 2018
So which of these do you think happens and in which order?

1. Xbox goes third party day and date.
  2. Xbox goes third party with some timed exclusivity
  3. Xbox gets rid of gamepass
  4. Xbox stops producing hardware.
I can't see how they go third party, get rid of gamepass and have enough audience to produce e hardware.

Where did i say they are going to get rid of gamepass? I am just saying that i am fairly sure gamepass as we have it now is gonna change. New tier, big price increase, not every game dropping there day one etc. They have to do something.

DontHateTheBacon

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 27, 2017
Only number 2 may (not will, may) happen in the foreseeable future.

I don't think they'd ever recover from getting rid of Game Pass (PR or revenue wise) and I think they will make hardware as long as the other two do.

Edit: Maybe 1 several years after 2, but I don't think it's a guarantee.
How they recover from getting rid of Game Pass revenue wise is they stop investing millions of dollars in Game Pass deals and sell games at full price on all platforms and make the revenue like all other companies do I would assume?

PR wise, to pin it on whoever is running Xbox and relieve them of their duty. Happens all the time.

biglo25

Apr 28, 2020
you know that ign article i can't help but think they used the title a couple times already or was that a different outlet

Governergrimm

Jun 25, 2019
Where did i say they are going to get rid of gamepass? I am just saying that i am fairly sure gamepass as we have it now is gonna change. New tier, big price increase, not every game dropping there day one etc. They have to do something.
That's why I asked WHICH AND WHEN. I realize when I ask these questions I ask them with preconceived ideas of what is meant. That's why I was trying to remove my biases in the question and leave it open ended.

Governergrimm

Jun 25, 2019
So what do people think MS can do to turn this negativity around?
Same thing I've wanted them to do for a while now. Nothing short term. They need to put in the work. Get quality games out a regular cadence, have a clear vision for the future, communicate that vision to their customers, and learn the definition of marketing.

But the people at MS know more about profitability than I do and we do not see eye to eye so I don't expect any of that to happen.

Mr Evil 37

Mar 7, 2022
How they recover from getting rid of Game Pass revenue wise is they stop investing millions of dollars in Game Pass deals and sell games at full price on all platforms and make the revenue like all other companies do I would assume?

PR wise, to pin it on whoever is running Xbox and relieve them of their duty. Happens all the time.
I still think the revenue they make from Game Pass would be nigh impossible to replace in the short term and I don't think just cutting the costs would be enough to offset it in the eyes of shareholders.

Caiusto

Oct 25, 2017
I still think the revenue they make from Game Pass would be nigh impossible to replace in the short term.
We don't know how much of the Game Pass revenue is just offsetting the losses from their first party games being on the service day one. Even Sony has said that they can't do that because they would lose money.

Mr Evil 37

Mar 7, 2022
We don't know how much of the Game Pass revenue is just offsetting the losses from their first party games being on the service day one. Even Sony has said that they can't do that because they would lose money.
Wouldn't shareholders just see lost revenue regardless of the reduced costs?

Game Pass is/was/has been profitable according to Phil, and the game budget angle also needs to factor in game sales and DLC/MTX sales. It's not just Game Pass sub revenue that goes into game budgets.

Alter Game Pass? Sure. Get rid of day one or move it to a new tier? Maybe. But I don't think they can just remove Game Pass entirely.

DontHateTheBacon

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 27, 2017
I still think the revenue they make from Game Pass would be nigh impossible to replace in the short term and I don't think just cutting the costs would be enough to offset it in the eyes of shareholders.
I think this type of thought process and determination requires too much financial data about Game Pass that Xbox and Microsoft have been unwilling to share with the public! You may be right, it's just really hard to know a lot of Game Pass' inner workings because they do not give us visibility into much more than "number of players" on hugely popular games. When was the last official update on total Game Pass subscribers?

Gavalanche

Prophet of Regret
Oct 21, 2021

Game Pass is/was/has been profitable according to Phil, and the game budget angle also needs to factor in game sales and DLC/MTX sales. It's not just Game Pass sub revenue that goes into game budgets.

Alter Game Pass? Sure. Get rid of day one or move it to a new tier? Maybe. But I don't think they can just remove Game Pass entirely.

It can't be that profitable if they are doing this crazy pivot. They wouldn't release games multiplatform if it was that good.

Caiusto

Oct 25, 2017

Shareholders see whatever the company shows them. If no gamepass means their games sell more then that means their revenue is bigger, and shareholders like that.

But then there's the risk of the public being conditioned to not buy as much games because of Game Pass so who knows what would happen really.

I'm not arguing against or in favor of the service, I believe that when it was elaborated Phil Spencer knew they would have losses in the first years but as long as it kept growing then eventually it would become a great product like Office 365 (probably what he used to sell the idea to Microsoft's leadership) and they would be well positioned to dictate this new trend in the industry.

UraMallas

Nov 1, 2017
United States
I think those cards are going to be around next gen and be fully swappable with this gen, Nextbox, and the handheld. You can just plug in the 1TB card you already have and they can keep the cost of the handheld down with a smaller internal SSD. Seamless, generationless hardware lines up with the proprietary card imo.

Caiusto

Oct 25, 2017
I think those cards are going to be around next gen and be fully swappable with this gen, Nextbox, and the handheld. You can just plug in the 1TB card you already have and they can keep the cost of the handheld down with a smaller internal SSD. Seamless, generationless hardware lines up with the proprietary card imo.
Embrace the cartridge physical media, completely usable across handheld console, regular Xbox and even PC through an adapter.

Xbox should hire me then fire me

giallo

Oct 27, 2017
Seoul
So I bought HiFi Rush a couple of weeks ago for the PS5, and sort of added it to the backlog pile until I finished some other games. All of this attention on it after Tango's closure got me to boot it up this weekend, and..........

what an absolute joy this game is. One of the most original (AAA? AA+?) games I've played since forever. It's so polished, and the mechanics are so much fun to learn. It oozes style, and you can tell it was made with a lot of attention and care.

It's a bittersweet playthrough. It may have languished in my backlog had I not been inspired to play it this week.

I'm just glad it exists.

Fiery Phoenix

Oct 26, 2017
So I'm a bit confused... is Harvey Smith still employed? I've not seen anything about that. I know he was studio head at Austin.

pg2g

Dec 18, 2018

I think (and hope) they write that bet off as a L and move to a standard form factor. It's probably too big and bulky for the handheld and the speeds probably won't be sufficient for next gen.

reksveks

May 17, 2022
I think (and hope) they write that bet off as a L and move to a standard form factor. It's probably too big and bulky for the handheld and the speeds probably won't be sufficient for next gen.
We ain't going to get a massive increased requirement in terms of speed. We have only started to required ssd for games on pc.

krakenking189

Feb 21, 2021
Is anyone else having issues with their Xbox and staying connected to wifi?

I've never had this issue before. Mine says it's connected and refuses to be online even though it's says it's on a wireless connection. It's fucking infuriating that this is even an issue

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020

I've never had this issue before. Mine says it's connected and refuses to be online even though it's says it's on a wireless connection. It's fucking infuriating that this is even an issue
DNS issue perhaps? Windows does this shit to me from time to time with my google fiber nest mesh router satellite thing. Or il lchange it from automatic dhcp to use googles dns hardcoded or something

sujay

Oct 27, 2017

If my WiFi restarts, Xbox always seems to have trouble automatically reconnecting. I haven't been happy with the WiFi card on the X.

FEVER333

Sep 7, 2020
Amidst all the shit from Xbox lately, can I just fucking get Crash, Spyro, and Tony Hawk on game pass already?

Steo

Sep 28, 2018
Dublin, Ireland.
Will the next Forza Horizon show up next month..

The dev cycle between Forza Horizon 4 (2018) & Forza Horizon 5 (2021) was three years. It's been three years now since Forza Horizon 5.

I don't think there's a chance that it's coming out this year - I think it's 100% next year - at some point.
But.. do they announce it this year? I think the only chance it may be announced this year is if it's planning to release in the first half of 2025 (before the next showcase)

Would be a huge year for Playground to come in with the one-two punch of Fable and Forza Horzion 6 in the same year