• Yes

Votes: 480 53.7%
  • No

Votes: 414 46.3%

• Total voters

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
Will the next Forza Horizon show up next month..

The dev cycle between Forza Horizon 4 (2018) & Forza Horizon 5 (2021) was three years. It's been three years now since Forza Horizon 5.

I don't think there's a chance that it's coming out this year - I think it's 100% next year - at some point.
But.. do they announce it this year? I think the only chance it may be announced this year is if it's planning to release in the first half of 2025 (before the next showcase)
Yes 😎

CubeApple76

Jan 20, 2021
I am not a gamepass subscriber so maybe I don't quite get it, but PS Plus has something like 47 million subscribers without day one, with barely any day one third party really (they get the occasional indie). Gamepass has a better line up of third party, they have in theory great first party coming out, and yet Parris and others talk about how it would just collapse if CoD wasn't on there. Is there a reason why gamepass can't just be a better version of Plus and have most first party with the occasional skip? (namely CoD, but Elder Scrolls as well, etc etc).

If Phil came out and said sorry, we can't make CoD work on gamepass financially, but it will still continue as normal in every other way, would that really change much?
PS+ has more subs because PS has a bigger install base. The Xbox console is basically the gamepads subscriber base. The fact that they're going multiplat with first party games is bad enough considering they used the exclusivity of said games to sell systems, if they backtrack the only other advantage their ecosystem has over the competition then yes, it'll be a big deal.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
I'm on 5ghz as well. I've never had this issue before with my Xbox it's insane. It'sfucking infuriating that I'm even having this issue. If I have to reset my router every time I wanna play Xbox then they have to fix that shit because that's embarrassing
Maybe try on advanced settings and then Qos settings and then dscp on and Wmm on. I have it always on. As I want my Xbox to be prioritized when it's on

Shadow Dancer

Prophet of Regret
Jul 22, 2019

The dev cycle between Forza Horizon 4 (2018) & Forza Horizon 5 (2021) was three years. It's been three years now since Forza Horizon 5.

I don't think there's a chance that it's coming out this year - I think it's 100% next year - at some point.
But.. do they announce it this year? I think the only chance it may be announced this year is if it's planning to release in the first half of 2025 (before the next showcase)

Would be a huge year for Playground to come in with the one-two punch of Fable and Forza Horzion 6 in the same year

It should be a cross-gen game. It's one of the system sellers of Xbox.

DontHateTheBacon

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 27, 2017
PS+ has more subs because PS has a bigger install base. The Xbox console is basically the gamepads subscriber base. The fact that they're going multiplat with first party games is bad enough considering they used the exclusivity of said games to sell systems, if they backtrack the only other advantage their ecosystem has over the competition then yes, it'll be a big deal.
Does the GamePass sub count not include PC for some reason? That install base is much bigger than PlayStation, surely?

NDA-Man

Mar 23, 2020
Does the GamePass sub count not include PC for some reason? That install base is much bigger than PlayStation, surely?

PC gamepass is miniscule--most PC players don't touch the xbox app because of years of bad experience with the Windows store (it's apparently gotten better)? I pretty much only interact with it because of play anywhere titles and because I already have Ultimate.

Plus, with constant steam sales, PC gaming is so cheap that arguably the benefit just isn't there unless you're super enamored of MS first party (which lets face it, has been rough for a long while).

krakenking189

Feb 21, 2021
Nah its happened about 5 times this year so far I always blamed by ISP but maybe should of been giving the side eye to MS
At this point, it's absolutely on MS because I had it at college the whole year and never had an issue.

Maybe try on advanced settings and then Qos settings and then dscp on and Wmm on. I have it always on. As I want my Xbox to be prioritized when it's on
Trying this now
Did not work

Edit: The time and date are now also fucked up. I'm so done with this piece of shit

CubeApple76

Jan 20, 2021
It does, but PC gamepass is not very popular or big. Unless it becomes accessible through steam it'll stay that way. MS store/Xbox app being as unpopular as it is absolutely craters their reach on that platform. The reason they have a plateau in GP subs is because the consoles aren't selling anymore.

NDA-Man

Mar 23, 2020
As a complete aside, has anyone gotten an error on the Xbox app saying that "To use this app, you need to sign in with the Microsoft account that was used to download it. Go to the Windows Store..." when trying to play Halo: Spartan Assault or Halo: Spartan Strike?

I haven't changed Microsoft accounts and in fact I can delete and re-download the game and still get that error message. It is only those two games--the Quake remasters, Casette Beasts, Wandering Village, all of that works.

Anyone run into this/have a fix?

giallo

Oct 27, 2017
Seoul
I mean...

Gears
DOOM
Perfect Dark
Fable

Alone is worth an entire show imo. Not even counting things like SOD3, Avowed, Indy, Vessel of Hatred and Shattered Space

I wanna see Fable gameplay. Like, with a hud and everything. Maybe a seven minute long, uncut gameplay demo. I think it'll be one of those "this is next gen" games visually.

Haregan

Aug 21, 2022
Serbia

Would be a huge year for Playground to come in with the one-two punch of Fable and Forza Horzion 6 in the same year
I'm hoping the map to be much larger and more dense, so that would probably take another year. Announcement at the showcase and release in Fall as usual. No need to announce it earlier as they've got enough stuff to show until then. I'm also expecting Fable earlier in the year, but you never know.

Hawk269

Oct 26, 2017
I wanna see Fable gameplay. Like, with a hud and everything. Maybe a seven minute long, uncut gameplay demo. I think it'll be one of those "this is next gen" games visually.
Agree 100%. I wish they would do a 8-10 minute demo of a quest that has some variety to it to show off the visuals. But agree 100% gameplay with hud and showing off the fighting, magic and exploration etc.

Linkified

Dec 24, 2017
What if the redacted showcase part of the showcase is a bait and switch like yes COD will be at the showcase but the single game showcase is a Gears/Doom show case.

Appollowexx

Oct 27, 2017
Do you guys think the new Doom will be a console exclusive?
I actually think Doom will be day 1 multiplat and the 'excuse' for lack of a better word, will be because Doom as a franchise has always been everywhere. The real reasoning would be to maximise return on investment and keep ID Software safe from taking a loss on development costs. Doom isn't a huge seller, so you really want it to sell to a wide an audience as possible imo. But I could be totally off base with this prediction.

Ash_Greytree

Oct 31, 2023
It feels like every day there's 2 more "How absolutely screwed is Xbox? Have you dropped off and sold your machine/unsubscribed from everything yet?" doomposting threads when just the original Tango & Arkane closure thread and maybe one more would suffice.

CubeApple76

Jan 20, 2021
It feels like every day there's 2 more "How absolutely screwed is Xbox? Have you dropped off and sold your machine/unsubscribed from everything yet?" doomposting threads when just the original Tango & Arkane closure thread and maybe one more would suffice.
Who decides what suffices? People are rightfully not happy with where Xbox is right now, and many are re-evaluating whether or not they continue their investment in the ecosystem. It really should not be labelled doomposting - it's the reality.

krakenking189

Feb 21, 2021
Alright I've just totally given up on getting my Xbox working again, really furious this is happening. Now it's the world's most expensive paperweight

Windu

Oct 25, 2017
Who decides what suffices? People are rightfully not happy with where Xbox is right now, and many are re-evaluating whether or not they continue their investment in the ecosystem. It really should not be labelled doomposting - it's the reality.
Eh, there have been a lot of overreacting the past week.

Ash_Greytree

Oct 31, 2023
I think that multiple threads per day is a bit much especially when they retread the same ground.

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
Alright I've just totally given up on getting my Xbox working again, really furious this is happening. Now it's the world's most expensive paperweight
It just disconnects after a while despite saying it's connected and it doesn't work again until you unplug/replug in your router? And presumably it's only the Xbox having this issue no other wireless devices like a pc/laptop/phone? Or just doesn't connect at all? Have you tried the Edge browser on the console to see what it says when you try going to a website (error code)?

www.ifixit.com

Xbox Series X Wi-Fi Antenna Board Replacement

Use this guide to replace the Wi-Fi board on an Xbox Series X. Before you begin, completely power down and unplug all cables from your console....
Worst case it seems replacing the wifi antenna board isn't that bad, just a lot of unscrewing.