• Yes

Votes: 454 53.6%
  • No

Votes: 393 46.4%

• Total voters

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
They aren't even giving a studio. Could this be the rumored IW new IP?
Perhaps. What what could they possibly be doing? Feel like infinity Ward working on something new is the only rumor that's been heard for years. Anything else out of Activision would've been reboots of existing franchises like Crash, Spyro, TH

Caiusto

Oct 25, 2017
Undead Labs should've been working on two games in parallel.
State of Decay 3 and a spin-off that is a regular multiplayer Survival Game.

Yes I like survival games and I'm still mad the Blizzard's game got cancelled.

UraMallas

Nov 1, 2017
United States
Perhaps. What what could they possibly be doing? Feel like infinity Ward working on something new is the only rumor that's been heard for years. Anything else out of Activision would've been reboots of existing franchises like Crash, Spyro, TH
Beenox
High Moon
Infinity Ward
Raven
Sledgehammer
Treyarch

That's the current list of Activision proper. I feel like Beenox is out and Sledgehammer seems to need some help just to get their CODs in the right spot. Raven is probably busy with the GaaS aspects but maybe they have a small team. Treyarch is finishing up their COD so maybe.

High Moon
Infinity Ward
Treyarch (outside shot)

Infinity Ward does have the rumored ARPG project and we didn't hear about a cancellations.

EDIT:

View: https://x.com/charlieINTEL/status/1536127568138706944

disparate

Oct 25, 2017
When Hainley deadnames herself apropos nothing to a stranger she just met in the opening hours to Andromeda, I think thats when my heart broke..
lmao this is the second time they did that too after the weird moment with Krem in DAI, like the writers thought they were doing a teaching moment but fucked it all up

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
God, could you imagine IW doing something different and it being a AAA RPG of all things. That would be incredible.
I'm just wondering if it is Infinity Ward how do they plan on staffing up while also still working on COD? They would really need to cleanly separate the teams so they don't get some kind of gravitational pull into getting a struggling COD over the line when they need to be incubating a new IP, etc.

UraMallas

Nov 1, 2017
United States
I'm just wondering if it is Infinity Ward how do they plan on staffing up while also still working on COD? They would really need to cleanly separate the teams so they don't get some kind of gravitational pull into getting a struggling COD over the line when they need to be incubating a new IP, etc.
Optimistic view would be that IW has already staffed up competently for this project. They are one of the better ran studios in the ABK sphere, so maybe the internal reviews after the acquisition came back with a greenlight on this project.

Gojo Satoru

Apr 19, 2022
Beenox
High Moon
Infinity Ward
Raven
Sledgehammer
Treyarch

That's the current list of Activision proper. I feel like Beenox is out and Sledgehammer seems to need some help just to get their CODs in the right spot. Raven is probably busy with the GaaS aspects but maybe they have a small team. Treyarch is finishing up their COD so maybe.

High Moon
Infinity Ward
Treyarch (outside shot)

Infinity Ward does have the rumored ARPG project and we didn't hear about a cancellations.

EDIT:

View: https://x.com/charlieINTEL/status/1536127568138706944

Imagine this is COD RPG lol.

Caiusto

Oct 25, 2017
God, could you imagine IW doing something different and it being a AAA RPG of all things. That would be incredible.
I could see them making either an open world game with RPG elements or a smaller sci-fi game.

Just turn 343i into a support studio for COD. 🤪

Haregan

Aug 21, 2022
Serbia
Actvision could have been cooking something for a few years. Don't know if we see anything this year, but next year it wouldn't surprise me, whatever that may be. I'm guessing they are doing PvE shooter of some kind. I thought they would use Call of Duty IP for that, but a new IP would make sense.

kruczynski

Sep 21, 2020
I still think Fable launches in May 2025, operating entirely off of vibes.

I also wouldn't be surprised if Indiana Jones gets a small delay to like February or something

Towerborne might get delayed?
I expect one of the smaller games to slot in there like South of Midnight.
Wu Tang would be cool
Fable has an outside shot at being first half.
FFVII Rebirth 😏
I've been thinking about Fable, too. But that's a kind of game that generally gets launched in the second half of the year.
If Jez really does have the scoop about how Sarah Bond is fighting for the fans, he should go in depth in an article rather than argue with people on Twitter. And I mean release the article first rather than do it after the fact.
Look, I don't know if his is fan fiction, and I'm well aware that I'm being naïve and stupid just because I'm still hoping that MS will reverse their decision to shutter Arkane and Tango. I know, I know... But I haven't yet come to terms with the recent news.

Mr Evil 37

Mar 7, 2022
Considering that the second half of 2024 is stacked, and the showcase in June will likely give us some updates about the already announced games, what games do you think we'll be playing the first half of 2025? I honestly have no idea of what to expect.
South of Midnight, Fable, State of Decay 3. In that order.

Second half: The Outer Worlds 2, Gears 6, Forza Horizon 6.

Honestly I can't wait for them to reveal the 2025 lineup just so we can know what the 2026 lineup is by extension. There's like 12 games likely spread across those two years but we have very little idea which games are in which years.

Last edited:

Mr Evil 37

Mar 7, 2022
Look, I don't know if his is fan fiction, and I'm well aware that I'm being naïve and stupid just because I'm still hoping that MS will reverse their decision to shutter Arkane and Tango. I know, I know... But I haven't yet come to terms with the recent news.
I don't know if it's possible to reverse it, even if they wanted to. Staff have already packed up their stuff and will be searching for new jobs. And even if they could reserve it, the staff will have lost all trust. I don't want to believe it either but I'm slowly coming to terms.

The good thing is those people will find roles elsewhere and keep making games. I fully expect some of the Arkane Austin team to end up at WolfEye on their next project.

kruczynski

Sep 21, 2020
I don't know if it's possible to reverse it, even if they wanted to. Staff have already packed up their stuff and will be searching for new jobs. And even if they could reserve it, the staff will have lost all trust. I don't want to believe it either but I'm slowly coming to terms.

The good thing is those people will find roles elsewhere and keep making games. I fully expect some of the Arkane Austin team to end up at WolfEye on their next project.
Yes, I suppose that MS wouldn't be getting away with a "oopsie, my bad" kinda thing. Trust is lost, likely the rest of the studios aren't feeling very confident rn as well.
Back in 2018, when they started acquiring studios, I remember thinking that I wanted them to buy Arkane, Remedy and Bungie. I ruled Arkane out, because that meant buying the entire Zenimax... What did I know, lol
Good thing Remedy is still independent.
I thought that MS would've taken care of those studios and would've made them develop the game they wanted to develop (well, within reason). I don't think they were lying, no. I think it's all an awful miscalculation.
Anyway, I too think that Harvey will end up working at WolfEye Studios.

Mr Evil 37

Mar 7, 2022
Yes, I suppose that MS wouldn't be getting away with a "oopsie, my bad" kinda thing. Trust is lost, likely the rest of the studios aren't feeling very confident rn as well.
Back in 2018, when they started acquiring studios, I remember thinking that I wanted them to buy Arkane, Remedy and Bungie. I ruled Arkane out, because that meant buying the entire Zenimax... What did I know, lol
Good thing Remedy is still independent.
I thought that MS would've taken care of those studios and would've made them develop the game they wanted to develop (well, within reason). I don't think they were lying, no. I think it's all an awful miscalculation.
Anyway, I too think that Harvey will end up working at WolfEye Studios.
They weren't lying, but what happened is still their responsibility.

I'm hopeful the XGS studios will be okay.

Judge

Vault-Tec Seal of Approval
Oct 25, 2017
PSA to everyone in here: Cool it with tweet spam. Just because something is tweeted from an Xbox account doesn't make it an interesting item of discussion here. If you are posting some random tweet then either provide commentary that is fostering discussion, or don't post at all. Posting tweets with no commentary, for random things, comes off as spam. Abuse of this will result in thread bans.

Thanks!

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
South of Midnight, Fable, State of Decay 3. In that order.

Second half: The Outer Worlds 2, Gears 6, Forza Horizon 6.

Honestly I can't wait for them to reveal the 2025 lineup just so we can know what the 2026 lineup is by extension. There's like 12 games likely spread across those two years but we have very little idea which games are in which years.
think I wouldn't catch this little slip up because you in-line spoilered it huh??????????

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
PSA to everyone in here: Cool it with tweet spam. Just because something is tweeted from an Xbox account doesn't make it an interesting item of discussion here. If you are posting some random tweet then either provide commentary that is fostering discussion, or don't post at all. Posting tweets with no commentary, for random things, comes off as spam. Abuse of this will result in thread bans.

Thanks!
Thanks

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
i am pleased to share I went to load up Diablo 4 thinking S4 was out now, I re-enabled the Bnet extension, it prompted to update, I did so, and clicked Play and it worked fine. The bullshit errors did not crop up. Hopefully it stays that way 😂

gabegabe

Jul 5, 2018
Brazil

Thanks!

solis won't be the #1 poster in the OT anymore

Mcbel

Sep 6, 2023

Thanks!
Does writing "Needs" count as commentary which fosters discussion? Asking for a friend.

kruczynski

Sep 21, 2020

Thanks!
Thank you.

SolidSnakeUS

Oct 25, 2017

Thanks!

Thank you for posting this. I think it would lead to a healthier thread with this.

GK86

Oct 25, 2017

Thanks!

Thank you! Appreciate it!

jungius

Self-Requested Ban
Banned
Sep 5, 2021
is morrowind really aged badly? i loved vvanderfell after playing eso and want to get into this but is the lack of qol really jarring and cumbersome? is there grinds?

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
141c5beae402b2e195cd700c4e3a0d4f.png

🤔 I feel like this is mostly referring to something like a Call of Duty, or a Fallout 3/Obsidian Remaster, even DOOM etc. Not necessarily a Gears 6.