• Yes

Votes: 456 53.6%
  • No

Votes: 394 46.4%

• Total voters

pg2g

Dec 18, 2018
Shooting a shot rn, stand by

People Can Fly are announcing their Gears of Outriders game this year alongside Gears 6.

FACTS: People Can Fly signed a deal to create a game for Global Publishing in 2023
FACTS: Gears 5 was announced alongside Gears Tactics (and Pop! lol)
FACTS: Outriders was released April 2021, over three years ago
FACTS: Gears of War: Judgment and Outriders are kick ass video gamey video games

I am going to assume PCF believed they were going to create a sequel to Outriders. I'm going to assume Xbox has the metrics for how well it did on Game Pass. (Square commented that, because of Game Pass, they considered the game a success.) Outriders is the closest feeling thing to Gears since Gears. Xbox signed PCF to create a Gears spinoff looter shooter with the engine/chassis/bones of Outriders and because PCF were already moving on an Outriders sequel they were able to repurpose and create in a decent timeframe.

A long shot :P

ReticentRobot

Apr 16, 2021
I played 7 a long time ago but I do remember that, with his Hero job, Ichi can be a fucking tank with his healing abilities. I would recomend to use him as your healer and the other members to focus on attack.
Thanks I'll give that a shot. Right now I have Saeko in the healer role. I got past that part a while ago but I'm constantly 3-4 levels behind the enemies despite never avoiding a fight and doing all of the side quests available.

Caiusto

Oct 25, 2017
Uh the secret one lol. I think the person in the frame on the right might be the uh cinematic director? I forget her role.
nah, not the secret one, it's their pub.

rff5-The-Bird-or-Worm-exterior.jpg

CubeApple76

Jan 20, 2021

People Can Fly are announcing their Gears of Outriders game this year alongside Gears 6.

FACTS: People Can Fly signed a deal to create a game for Global Publishing in 2023
FACTS: Gears of War: Judgment and Outriders are kick ass video gamey video games

I am going to assume PCF believed they were going to create a sequel to Outriders. I'm going to assume Xbox has the metrics for how well it did on Game Pass. (Square commented that, because of Game Pass, they considered the game a success.) Outriders is the closest feeling thing to Gears since Gears. Xbox signed PCF to create a Gears spinoff looter shooter with the engine/chassis/bones of Outriders and because PCF were already moving on an Outriders sequel they were able to repurpose and create in a decent timeframe.
Would I be crazy if this would get me more excited than Gears 6 proper?

Grunty

Oct 28, 2017
Gruntilda’s Lair

I'm glad I'm not the only one who felt how close to Gears Outriders was. I loved Outriders and throughout the playthrough I couldn't shake the thought that in many ways it felt like an evolved Gears. I don't want superpowers and such like that in Gears, but the way Outriders handled its world and traversal and the people that lived in that world, the side quests and the cool bounties is something that I felt would fit right in with a Gears game.

All that being said, I hope PCF is still doing an Outriders sequel though and not actually Gears, similar as they may be.

Kill3r7

Oct 25, 2017
I'm glad I'm not the only one who felt how close to Gears Outriders was. I loved Outriders and throughout the playthrough I couldn't shake the thought that in many ways it felt like an evolved Gears. I don't want superpowers and such like that in Gears, but the way Outriders handled its world and traversal and the people that loved in that world, the side quests and the cool bounties is something that I felt would fit right in with a Gears game.

All that being said, I hope PCF is still doing an Outriders sequel though and not actually Gears, similar as they may be.

Who owns the Outriders IP? Is it Square?

Rychu

Oct 25, 2017
Utah, USA
Beenox
High Moon
Infinity Ward
Raven
Sledgehammer
Treyarch

That's the current list of Activision proper. I feel like Beenox is out and Sledgehammer seems to need some help just to get their CODs in the right spot. Raven is probably busy with the GaaS aspects but maybe they have a small team. Treyarch is finishing up their COD so maybe.

High Moon
Infinity Ward
Treyarch (outside shot)

Infinity Ward does have the rumored ARPG project and we didn't hear about a cancellations.

EDIT:

View: https://x.com/charlieINTEL/status/1536127568138706944

While this is true, I am not confident that IW's "ARPG" isn't a future COD game anymore and I think it lines up with IG's reporting. Insider Gaming had a report that COD: Gulf War (COD 2024) was the first "open world" COD and that future COD's would also "lean even more into open world elements than Gulf War did" and described the COD titles as similar to Far Cry or Assassin's Creed.

We don't know that this ARPG is a "new IP". It is more than likely a new open world COD that has "RPG elements".

Last edited:

Caiusto

Oct 25, 2017
I think that PCF's game with Xbox would be a real Live Service game, as opposed to Outriders that had the feeling of a game that started as a Live Service game and then changed directions during development.

Grunty

Oct 28, 2017
Gruntilda’s Lair
I think that PCF's game with Xbox would be a real Live Service game, as opposed to Outriders that had the feeling of a game that started as a Live Service game and then changed directions during development.

Don't know how to feel about that if Outriders was a real live service game. On the plus side, I'd get to play it more and have more Outriders to enjoy if it's successful and gets long term support. On the downside, it's a live service game lol

Caiusto

Oct 25, 2017
Don't know how to feel about that if Outriders was a real live service game. On the plus side, I'd get to play it more and have more Outriders to enjoy if it's successful and gets long term support. On the downside, it's a live service game lol
Thing is, I know what I'm getting into with that kind of game. But with Outriders what I got was something like Anthem, a very weird and conflicting game, a lot of dialogues and characters that felt disconnected to each other as if they were being added afterwards.

Still enjoyed it a lot, because the gameplay was really fun, but as a single player game (with the possibility of coop) it wasn't very good. I think they didn't get the extra money they would need from SE to support the game and turned it into a regular game while proudly saying it had no MTX during when it was released.

SteelOak

Oct 28, 2017
PGR is an arcade racer. But not sure why MS would revive that IP. Even though I love it.

T10 should make 3-4 city environments, create couple tracks on them, add some PGR style events and music and release it as Forza x PGR dlc. It's my dream come true but I realise making cities on par with PGR would take a lot of work. Maybe they could use some PGR assets/photos.
I love PGR 3 and 4 so much. These NY bridges were big next gen moment for me.

Ash_Greytree

Oct 31, 2023
Outriders was closer to Diablo II than it was live service games. Campaign, balance updates, and an expansion. Never played the expansion but the base campaign was decent enough to where I replayed it a few times.

The Lord of Cereal

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Jan 9, 2020
ngl. besides first party stuff, i'm really hyped for the surprises. stuff like Jusant from last year. Metaphor ReFantazio. Still Wakes the Deep. Dungeons of Hinterberg. The big game pass wave in the extended showcase. Go Mecha Ball in the extended showcase.

i really loved jusant goddamn that was a good get.
Honestly, same. I'm really excited for the games that I don't know about and the smaller third party stuff that's gonna get added to Game Pass, almost just as much as the first party stuff

Steelyuhas

Oct 27, 2017
I'm glad I'm not the only one who felt how close to Gears Outriders was. I loved Outriders and throughout the playthrough I couldn't shake the thought that in many ways it felt like an evolved Gears. I don't want superpowers and such like that in Gears, but the way Outriders handled its world and traversal and the people that lived in that world, the side quests and the cool bounties is something that I felt would fit right in with a Gears game.

Oh yeah, I remember playing it and pretty early went huh this is feels like an evolution of Gears

Grunty

Oct 28, 2017
Gruntilda’s Lair
Thing is, I know what I'm getting into with that kind of game. But with Outriders what I got was something like Anthem, a very weird and conflicting game, a lot of dialogues and characters that felt disconnected to each other as if they were being added afterwards.

Still enjoyed it a lot, because the gameplay was really fun, but as a single player game (with the possibility of coop) it wasn't very good. I think they didn't get the extra money they would need from SE to support the game and turned it into a regular game while proudly saying it had no MTX during when it was released.

I love the story and the lore and pretty much everything about it haha Was even thinking while playing and reading the notes and such that it would make an excellent tv show.

I agree though that it definitely gave the impression that may have originally been planned as a live service game before there was a pivot in development somewhere.

Tigerfish419

Oct 28, 2021
Honestly, have 4 of these a month. One for a first party title, and 3 others for third party partners.

What happened to the Halo monthly drops, they have so many GaaS titles that they could give us cool stuff but they do it in such a sporadic way. But yeah they can do so many cool things. They could always do things that reward MS points as well like play COD for X hours.

jungius

Self-Requested Ban
Banned
Sep 5, 2021
It's really a matter of taste, if you have the patience for it, it's an incredible game. There's really little else like it. There's no real grinding in the traditional sense.

I think that it is the entry that aged the best from TES 1 to 4, the thing about Morrowind is that it follows a very different design from Oblivion and Skyrim that most people may not get used to, which is: the game has no real compass or an indicator to where you have to be. It's all dictated by who you talks to and what info you keep from that, and then you use that info to locate yourself based on landmarks from the world.

It's my favorite The Elder Scrolls, and seeing as this kind of game is getting more popular, it would be the best game for a proper remaster/remake instead of Oblivion, which isn't that good.

otw downloading for weekend lmao

The Lord of Cereal

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Jan 9, 2020
After reading the Square Enix news, I'm now completely convinced that there's going to be a whole Square Enix segment of Xbox's E3 show this year. My personal guess is that we'll get a Visions of Mana trailer/release date, Final Fantasy ports announced (Pixel Remasters, 16 and Remake) as well as the announcement of one of the rumored FF Projects, either FF9 Remake or the Tactics Remaster.

Tales from my ass but I also wouldn't be surprised if we see more backlog ports of Square games that previously skipped Xbox as well announced for Game Pass.

Square seems like it's in rough shape after the recent FF games under performed, and then them specifically calling out Xbox in the earnings call tells me that they're probably hoping to pull off what Sega did with Persona and Yakuza through a similar Xbox partnership

PSES

Apr 1, 2022
I don't know if anyone else has noticed but when the latest fallout 4 patch was released yesterday, I was playing it on PS5 and it seemed more stable. I did not suffer crashes as has happened to me other times. Can anyone confirm if it is more stable on Xbox as well?

Sipahi

Jan 30, 2021
T10 should make 3-4 city environments, create couple tracks on them, add some PGR style events and music and release it as Forza x PGR dlc. It's my dream come true but I realise making cities on par with PGR would take a lot of work. Maybe they could use some PGR assets/photos.
I love PGR 3 and 4 so much. These NY bridges were big next gen moment for me.
Bizarre Creations can be revived from Activision and make PGR 5.

Also do we think that we will hear about that spec ops time travel game idea that an NFL player pitched at the Showcase? Not sure who would develop it but the concept sounded pretty cool.

Lamptramp

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
They need to do more of this, why is Twitch drops giving me more 1st party rewards than GPU perks lol

Yeah I can never quite vocalise how kinda "underwhelming" I find the more traditional rewards and perks and stuff. It would be nicer than lots of little things hidden away here and there a bigger one off kinda thing, like twitch drops.

Though I must admit, I haven't really looked at rewards for ages. They just started repeating and being a faff, and rewards seemed to be getting fewer here in DE that I just ignored them, then GPU ran out the other week.

They have changed the app though recently didnt they? Is it better overall now? (kinda general question to the room I guess)

Last edited:

Voodoopeople

Oct 29, 2017
For the first time ever, I think xbox could have an amazing show next month and I'm going to me "I don't care. You'll just sack them."

I genuinely hope that each interview they do is just a series of gotcha questions like.

" So that new IP from Raven looks amazing. Fantastic. You must eeally be looking forward to shutting the studio down?".

They can't be allowed to let the games give them cover for all this. I'm so mad still.

DoradoWinston

Apr 9, 2019
For the first time ever, I think xbox could have an amazing show next month and I'm going to me "I don't care. You'll just sack them."

I genuinely hope that each interview they do is just a series of gotcha questions like.

" So that new IP from Raven looks amazing. Fantastic. You must eeally be looking forward to shutting the studio down?".

They can't be allowed to let the games give them cover for all this. I'm so mad still.
There should be a balance and professionalism still if and whenever sites have interviews with management (regardless of gaming brand)

Hard questions should be asked and followed up with just as hard questions. But just going oh wow Fable looked great can't wait till you close em! Is not at all it.

That's just making things worse for literally no reason. Folks literally won't even gain any information and will instead just get next to no interviews going forward making it impossible for journalists to ask questions about the business and Soley rely on occasional no name corporate PR messages posted on twitter moving forward.

Vico

Jan 3, 2018
Seeing Hellblade 2 in the GP Coming Soon image will warm my heart today.

We've been waiting for this for close to 5 years.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah. Imagine finally showing Fable gameplay as dev and every interview gets overshadowed. Questions can be asked at the right moments.
But let the dev show their work also