Should there be a new OT?

• Yes

Votes: 457 53.7%
  • No

Votes: 394 46.3%

• Total voters

Shirkelton

Aug 20, 2020
Done with the Big MT and headed to a reckoning with Ulysses. I know it's over-said, but it really can't be said enough; this game is so, so, so good.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
Curious when Towerborne will hit. Feel they hit abit of a roadbump.
But would be a perfect August game

ethanradd

Oct 30, 2017
Done with the Big MT and headed to a reckoning with Ulysses. I know it's over-said, but it really can't be said enough; this game is so, so, so good.
It's probably my favourite game of all time, and to think the first time I played it, coming off Fallout 3, I was like what is this lame desert? Where are the ruins to explore? Why is it so ..flat? I judged it within 15 minutes and dropped it. Picked it up years later, started actually interacting with the characters, the factions, and realised I had been an idiot. Amazing game.

Shirkelton

Aug 20, 2020
It's probably my favourite game of all time, and to think the first time I played it, coming off Fallout 3, I was like what is this lame desert? Where are the ruins to explore? Why is it so ..flat? I judged it within 15 minutes and dropped it. Picked it up years later, started actually interacting with the characters, the factions, and realised I had been an idiot. Amazing game.
I was already well into Obsidian's games and well versed in them too, so I didn't have that adjustment period, but my god, playing it after 3 (which I really did enjoy on release) was like a breath of fresh air. It's just such a more complete experience.

I also forgot how absurd and funny the writing in New Vegas can be. People tend to remember Fantastic, but lines like 'this shithole looks like it was tag-teamed by atomic fuckbots' and 'I came seeking your death, skirt-boy' or 'I'm going to wear your head like you wear that dog's' are so good.

The bit near the end of Old World Blues where you have to convince your own brain to join up with you again because it thinks you kind of suck has so much clever little bits in it depending on what you choose.

Last edited:

meenseen84

Feb 15, 2018
Minneapolis
Can't believe people in this very thread are cheering for the death of the Xbox hardware. As if layoffs could not be avoided one way or another with different self-inflicted choices Xbox made.

Doesn't sit right with me.

There's no celebration here over the demise of Xbox hardware. Consoles remain a budget-friendly choice for gaming compared to PCs. While streaming may eventually challenge console hardware, it's not imminent.

Mr Evil 37

Mar 7, 2022
Halos MP is FTP though isn't it? I could see them porting MP before they do a Gears SP.

Though for some reason I really want MCC physically on Switch.
Yeah but Gears 5 still had years of ongoing multiplayer support and microtransactions. It's not only GAAS if it's free to play.

I kind of doubt they will do the free to play multiplayer thing again for Gears 6 but you never know.

If they do port Halo and Gears to PS (which I'm not convinced will happen), I think they would do the whole package and not just the multiplayer.

jungius

Self-Requested Ban
Banned
Sep 5, 2021
Phil want to bring gamepass to PS and switch like in 2020 rite, that's mean the intention for multiplatform and bringing halo on other platform was there from the start of this gen, why people freak out right now I am confused

Sotha_Sil

Nov 4, 2017
Phil want to bring gamepass to PS and switch

like in 2020 rite, that's mean the intention for multiplatform and bringing halo on other platform was there from the start of this gen, why people freak out right now I am confused

I same something akin to that years ago. Phil wanted the smart TVs that were connected to PS5s to have Game Pass, so there's basically no exclusivity in the long term.

xCloud proved to be a complete flop though, surprise surprise.

mentok15

Dec 20, 2017
Australia
If they do port Halo and Gears to PS (which I'm not convinced will happen), I think they would do the whole package and not just the multiplayer.
Yeah probably true.

Phil want to bring gamepass to PS and switch like in 2020 rite, that's mean the intention for multiplatform and bringing halo on other platform was there from the start of this gen, why people freak out right now I am confused
Xbox console sales are lower now than most would have thought in 2020, and porting exclusives now could drop them even more. And the concern about that is if the install base is small more and more third parties will skip the console.

Sotha_Sil

Nov 4, 2017
Isn't part of this because it's an ostensibly bad service? Like it looks worse than Geforce Now and even Stadia. It's allegedly worse than PS Now (but I used PS Now when it looked like trash so who knows).

Indeed. I'm not sure where and how Microsoft came up short there. You'd think they'd have been well aligned to make a good streaming service.

disparate

Oct 25, 2017
The XCloud beta was okay given the context of the time it came out at, plus being in "beta", they're long overdue for improving the quality of the service though for a services company.

mentok15

Dec 20, 2017
Australia
This has not been my experience with xCloud (which is admittedly limited, but every time I've used it, it's looked pretty damn good to me).
It might be an over exaggeration but compared to Geforce now the streaming quality is clearly lacking. It maxes out at 15mbps, and for the same resolution geforce is 2-3 times that, and can go up to 75mbps.

It does seem to have very god input latency though. and it has touch controls in many games for mobile.

canderous

Prophet of Truth
Jun 12, 2020
Isn't part of this because it's an ostensibly bad service? Like it looks worse than Geforce Now and even Stadia. It's allegedly worse than PS Now (but I used PS Now when it looked like trash so who knows).
I always thought Xcloud was first envisioned on something you used on a mobile or small screen device. Like laptop or smaller. In that case, I think it works fine? Like I've used it a ton on my Steam deck and have had a pretty darn good experience. But I've also tried it on my PC with 42" OLED monitor and yeah it looks pretty bad there in terms of visual quality. But then they did the Samsung integration and other things that encourage big screen use.

I would agree I don't think it lived up to what they wanted it to be though. I think latency is probably just as big if not bigger factor than image quality, and depending where you live that aspect can be pretty bad.

gabegabe

Jul 5, 2018
Brazil
i don't understand how xbox showing the ps/nintendo logo in the trailer of games that will release there will be "advertising the competition", they're the ones releasing games there, why would they not want to advertise it? more people will be watching the showcase then reading a blog post after that

disparate

Oct 25, 2017
IMO XCloud visually suboptimal on my phone too and I'm on wifi6 with a gigabit network, I honestly don't think most of Microsoft's problems are intractable, they have a good box, improving things like their service plans/tiers, product roadmap, and service quality aren't impossible.

Mr Evil 37

Mar 7, 2022
i don't understand how xbox showing the ps/nintendo logo in the trailer of games that will release there will be "advertising the competition", they're the ones releasing games there, why would they not want to advertise it? more people will be watching the showcase then reading a blog post after that
It's less about advertising the competition and more that it's just a bad look and it goes against the event branding. It's the "Xbox Games Showcase."

The Minecraft spinoffs didn't have PS and Switch logos in the showcase, and they even had 24 hours marketing exclusivity on Persona being able to say they were also coming to PS and Switch.

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
Because they prefer to sell it directly to you via their services

mentok15

Dec 20, 2017
Australia
IMO XCloud visually suboptimal on my phone too and I'm on wifi6 with a gigabit network, I honestly don't think most of Microsoft's problems are intractable, they have a good box, improving things like their service plans/tiers, product roadmap, and service quality aren't impossible.
I don't know if it's just them saving cost on bandwidth or a hardware limitation on the Xbox blades, the in home streaming from the XSX isn't super high bitrate either, think still 15mbps.

disparate

Oct 25, 2017
Microsoft has ostensibly the best hardware right now, they could make all of the Xbox versions of their games the halo lead-platform versions of all of those games, but they don't.

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
Microsoft has ostensibly the best hardware right now, they could make all of the Xbox versions of their games the halo lead-platform versions of all of those games, but they don't.
I think most people don't care enough to buy another dedicated console just because one has a slightly better version of a game when all else are equal. Plus pc will always win anyway. It doesn't really scale sales by artificially limiting ps5 to 1440p and Xbox at 4K.

Take Psychonauts 2 as the example with Xbox having the best version. I doubt it really matters. All you end up doing is pissing iff those you are trying to sell your game to

Super

Studied the Buster Sword
Jan 29, 2022

They want you to enter the Xbox ecosystem to play the game.

biglo25

Apr 28, 2020
Or the console being one of many ways to play Xbox games. Sony is on that same path. Nintendo is the one anomaly, but I wouldn't be surprised if they end up having to follow the same path too.
Nintendo have the advantage/disadvantage of being a conservative company that has a loyal fanbase so they can move at a snail's pace and still sell the traditional way. Its Sony who trying to do this weird half step either commit or wait but be late to the transition

Lamptramp

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Chants of Sennaar is absolutely amazing and a wonderful Puzzle adventure game, with wonderful mechanics and an amazing soundtrack.

If you haven't already bought it, shame on you 😜 but its a wonderful game you should all try.

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
Chants of Sennaar is absolutely amazing and a wonderful Puzzle adventure game, with wonderful mechanics and an amazing soundtrack.

If you haven't already bought it, shame on you 😜 but its a wonderful game you should all try.
I was so close to buying it on the last steam sale, but I had so many games I still had to check out and ended up buying and playing Resident Evil 4 Remake instead... really pleased to give it a go. Great puzzle games here this wave (Chants of Sennaar, Humanity, Hellblade 2 xd)

Gavalanche

Prophet of Regret
Oct 21, 2021

Agreed. I am really bad at it so my opinion doesn't matter, but the girlfriend who loves puzzle games absolutely loved loved it. And she only likes good games.

GK86

Oct 25, 2017
Chants of Sennaar and Humanity on Game Pass. 👀

Kinda want to play Humanity in VR though.

DrFreeman

Banned
May 9, 2020
Man, was there a better head of XGS than Peter Moore? His run from the early 2000s to 2007 was spectacular, from overseeing multiple juggernaut releases (Halo 2-3, Gears of War, Fable etc) to securing top exclusives (including with Japanese devs/publishers) like Mass Effect and BioShock, the dude was on fire.

Gavalanche

Prophet of Regret
Oct 21, 2021
Man, was there a better head of XGS than Peter Moore? His run from the early 2000s to 2007 was spectacular, from overseeing multiple juggernaut releases (Halo 2-3, Gears of War, Fable etc) to securing top exclusives (including with Japanese devs/publishers) like Mass Effect and BioShock, the dude was on fire.

Yah I have said elsewhere that Peter Moore was very very good. He did a great job at EA as well. Sega was before my time so I have no idea what he was like there. But he seems to be efficient and knows what people want and ha a healthy competitive nature.

Ayumu

May 10, 2024
I wonder if Amazon México will stock the Xbox Series X this hot sale, or if will have a discount. I want leave my S at my parent's place.

Tigerfish419

Oct 28, 2021
Xbox Game Pass Ultimate

Minecraft: 500 Minecoins – Starting May 15
Claim 500 Minecoins! Spend them on epic adventure maps, skins, add-ons, and more imaginative content, all crafted by creators and available on Minecraft Marketplace. What will your next adventure be?

Have they been listening to my complaints about GPU perks haha.