• No

Votes: 395 46.3%

• Total voters

Haregan

Aug 21, 2022
Serbia

View: https://x.com/troyirving/status/1790138153094742484

View: https://youtu.be/YFrgNmo3ffs

Doesn't have a public updated 3D Animation reel like for MW2 (only MW 2019), but this guy's got some good weapon animations. I imagine they are still hiring for continued Starfield work and maybe even Fallout (5?). I assume he isn't going to be on Fallout 76 or ES6. Good to see BGS hiring up despite the turmoil goin on.

That's a really good hire. Starfield had surprisingly good gunplay, so I'm hopeful for Fallout.
I'm sure people will still panic about a weak drop the week before the showcase lol
As always, but we already know two games coming early June plus they could do one or two more and will be fine until June 9. There's Still Wakes the Deep on June 18 and I assume Sniper Ghost Warrior Contracts 2 is in June.

disparate

Oct 25, 2017
Fair point. And things of that nature (like games displaying in very different languages)...
it's what I mean when I sometimes (often) say that microsoft's problems are absolutely manageable if they actually wanted to deal with them, how hard is it to just hire a translation company to translate your UI, relying on machine/ai translations just makes them seem so unserious about gaming by being unwilling to do something this basic

The Lord of Cereal

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Jan 9, 2020
I'd say there's an 80% chance the Gears Collection launches on PlayStation - it says "hey check out these cool games, if you want to play the next one, get an Xbox".
Nah, that'd have the opposite effect more than likely. Once the Gears collection is ported, gamers on PS5/Switch will immediately (and correctly) assume that Gears 6 is coming to their system of choice. If Microsoft really wants to get people into Xbox with Gears they start with the collection and Gears 6 being only on Steam, Game Pass and Xbox and then some time after Gears 6 launches and there's hype around the brand, then port the collection and Gears 6 around the same time
If Microsoft is bringing everything to PS, Gears will be the last thing we will see there. So I don't see how porting anything Gears related now makes sense.
Eh, Gears 6 is almost certainly going to be a GAAS game, and ultimately Gears isn't as popular as it was 10 years ago. I don't think it's totally crazy to see Gears get ported to ensure it's as successful as possible.

Sotha_Sil

Nov 4, 2017
Chants of Sennaar is absolutely amazing and a wonderful Puzzle adventure game, with wonderful mechanics and an amazing soundtrack.

If you haven't already bought it, shame on you 😜 but its a wonderful game you should all try.

My girlfriend loves puzzle games so we'll definitely be playing this soon. We just wrapped up Botany Manor, which was a pleasant but easy game. Last week we finished Talos Principle 2.

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
not exactly three weeks since it doesn't cover the third week fully (there's still thursday and friday for drops there)
GP weeks are always Wednesday - Tuesday, and the last of this wave is June 4th, that Tuesday. So it's 3 full weeks. The next wave will be June 4th, right before the showcase/SGF.

Mar 17, 2024
it's what I mean when I sometimes (often) say that microsoft's problems are absolutely manageable if they actually wanted to deal with them, how hard is it to just hire a translation company to translate your UI, relying on machine/ai translations just makes them seem so unserious about gaming by being unwilling to do something this basic

Yeah, pretty basic things like that would make small, but important differences. 👍

YozoraXV

Oct 30, 2017
If it gets people to play the game, i dont care how much of the game is.

And no gamepass does not negate a need for a demo, not everyone is on Gamepass as you can see by its stagnated numbers.

If Hellblade 1 is anything to go by it would be a very slow start and a demo probably wouldn't sell it much.

I would say they should make Hellblade 1 free for like a week or something like that.

Granjinhaa

Dec 28, 2023
GP weeks are always Wednesday - Tuesday, and the last of this wave is June 4th, that Tuesday. So it's 3 full weeks. The next wave will be June 4th, right before the showcase/SGF.
yes but.. the third week can still have more games. like tuesday on the 4th we have two games, but we still can have games wednesday/thursday/friday no? like chants of seenar coming out tomorrow. am i dumb?

Vico

Jan 3, 2018
yes but.. the third week can still have more games. like tuesday on the 4th we have two games, but we still can have games wednesday/thursday/friday no? like chants of seenar coming out tomorrow. am i dumb?

Starting with june 4th you're entering into the fourth week.

Three weeks end on june 4th.

DanDanderson

May 7, 2024
Because a demo would be like a 1/4 of the game.

Also Game Pass negates the need for a demo.

I don't think Game Pass negates the value of demos entirely - specifically pre-release demos. They still build some hype and introduce the game to non-GP subscribers in hopes they'll buy the game or subscribe to GP. Having a compelling demo with a "Available for purchase on Xbox Store, Steam, etc, or Included with Game Pass - Subscribe Now" banner at the end is not a terrible marketing approach.

Maybe not great for this game given the length, and I have no idea about the pacing, but they are doing these two hour game sessions so there's that.

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
🤔
The first half of May ended today with Brothers being added. Chants of Sennaar coming out tomorrow is basically the start of this second half of May (and into June). Beginning Wednesday. Then it goes until Tuesday, June 4th, with Firework and Rolling Hills.

qWycYbJ.png

June 5, 6, 7, would be announced on June 4 for the first half of June.

you get it now 😸

Det

Jul 30, 2020
🤔
The first half of May ended today with Brothers being added. Chants of Sennaar coming out tomorrow is basically the start of this second half of May (and into June). Beginning Wednesday. Then it goes until Tuesday, June 4th, with Firework and Rolling Hills.

qWycYbJ.png

June 5, 6, 7, would be announced on June 4 for the first half of June.

you get it now 😸

Please repost with more contrasting colors for week 2 and 3. F on accessibility.

Mr Evil 37

Mar 7, 2022
I don't think Game Pass negates the value of demos entirely - specifically pre-release demos. They still build some hype and introduce the game to non-GP subscribers in hopes they'll buy the game or subscribe to GP. Having a compelling demo with a "Available for purchase on MS Store, Steam, etc, or Included with Game Pass - Subscribe Now" banner is not a terrible marketing approach.

Maybe not great for this game given the length, and I have no idea about the pacing, but they are doing these two hour game sessions so there's that.
For super combat-heavy games (like Stellar Blade and FF), I get the value of demos. But Hellblade isn't that and I don't think it makes sense for most AAA and first party games. You don't really see demos for games like that.

If Hellblade was like 50 hours, maybe. But it's not.

DanDanderson

May 7, 2024
For super combat-heavy games (like Stellar Blade and FF), I get the value of demos. But Hellblade isn't that and I don't think it makes sense for most AAA and first party games. You don't really see demos for games like that.

If Hellblade is like 50 hours, maybe. But it's not.

I agree in the context of this game, unless they have like some super engaging first hour that could really pull people in.

I don't think it's bad for all games though, even triple A or first party games. With Xbox's marketing not necessarily reaching everyone they'd like it to, I think it's good to try some different things.

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020

Search Jobs | Microsoft Careers

more roles for the Everwild team
weird that Rare has some open careers listed on their page that are not accepting any new applications but hasn't posted this one yet. Haven't seen an Everwild specific role in quite some time. Maybe prev generic hires were for Everwild just not explicitly. Gives some hope they are ready to show some more of it off. It's gonna be a while until it's out tho tbh

Granjinhaa

Dec 28, 2023
weird that Rare has some open careers listed on their page that are not accepting any new applications but hasn't posted this one yet. Haven't seen an Everwild specific role in quite some time. Maybe prev generic hires were for Everwild just not explicitly. Gives some hope they are ready to show some more of it off. It's gonna be a while until it's out tho tbh
iirc there more programming roles earlier this year related to everwild too.

Haregan

Aug 21, 2022
Serbia

Search Jobs | Microsoft Careers

more roles for the Everwild team
Very interesting to see Rare hiring for Neverwild. Time for an update.
I still think we're getting a new Minecraft Spin off soon. Could see an announcement at the showcase. I hope they go all out and it's a full-on single-player Minecraft RPG.
There is supposed to be at least one Minecraft spin-off in development for quite some time. It's something that could be there. Minecraft RPG is a great idea as people are very excited for Hytale, but it's taking forever. Wish they brought back Minecraft: Story Mode.

Clippy

Feb 11, 2022
I agree not everyone is on game pass, but demos often hurt game sales so "release demo" is not a universally positive statement to help a game sell. And not because people would be tricked into a buying a bad game without a demo. The novelty of trying a new thing is what many people get out of video games, and also some they're not structured in a way where a demo can present an compelling experience that helps sell the game.

ImPacaTheCat

Mar 3, 2020
I realize HB2 isn't anticipated to be a success, but with no codes to the press yet, buried in the Steam wishlist, and sunk even further down the sales rankings... I can't help the feeling that this isn't going to end well

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
I realize HB2 isn't anticipated to be a success, but with no codes to the press yet, buried in the Steam wishlist, and sunk even further down the sales rankings... I can't help the feeling that this isn't going to end well
I mean for a typical review, the prob only need to send it out by Friday at the very latest. The game can be beat in a relatively short amount of time and then you write up your review for Monday over the weekend.