• Yes

Votes: 458 53.7%
  • No

Votes: 395 46.3%

• Total voters

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
Thanks. For some reason I thought reviewers had already gotten the codes a while ago. Reviews probably won't be until Monday then.
on the bitcast the travis guy who reviews for IGN could confirm or deny having codes for HB2 but idk it kinda sounded like they did. at least at IGN. But it could've been preview stuff for them to be able to make guides or whatever in the run-up to launch.

The Lord of Cereal

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Jan 9, 2020
obligatory: where is neon white and octopath 2 tho. also kena that leaked via ESRB!
My guess is that we'll either get updates at E3 or some random week in August

I realize HB2 isn't anticipated to be a success, but with no codes to the press yet, buried in the Steam wishlist, and sunk even further down the sales rankings... I can't help the feeling that this isn't going to end well
Yeah… and the complete lack of marketing too. I really feel like Hellblade 2 is just going to land with a thud even when it does review well…

Banamy

Oct 27, 2017
Also, Ninja Theory simply does not miss.
url

Gavalanche

Prophet of Regret
Oct 21, 2021
Also I liked DMC, but I don't think it was overly well received. Maybe that wasn't a miss, but it was a glancing blow :P

NDA-Man

Mar 23, 2020

Caiusto

Oct 25, 2017
ngl Bleeding Edge had a lot of cool stuff in it but the gameplay was very underwhelming, would much rather them go for a full-blown action arena fighting game with those characters. But I know that by the time they got acquired the game was already well underway development to suddenly make such a turn into direction.

Voodoopeople

Oct 29, 2017
There should be a balance and professionalism still if and whenever sites have interviews with management (regardless of gaming brand)

Hard questions should be asked and followed up with just as hard questions. But just going oh wow Fable looked great can't wait till you close em! Is not at all it.

That's just making things worse for literally no reason. Folks literally won't even gain any information and will instead just get next to no interviews going forward making it impossible for journalists to ask questions about the business and Soley rely on occasional no name corporate PR messages posted on twitter moving forward.

Yeah, I get it. Calmer heads than me will hopefully prevail, but they have crossed a line this time and no shiny new trailers and platitudes can undo this, unfortunately.

The fact that Phil Spencer proved Lina Khan right is making me furious.

MS offered these devs insulation from the vagaries of the market through Gamepass. Then they acted like EA and killed them off after a single "failure" each, one of which was a direct result of zero marketing and a stupid shadow drop that they approved. Nobody should join them at all now until they address this and it's not up to me to explain how they do that. That is on them.

Look at Hellblade 2. Zero notable marketing and anything they do now will be too late. This game won't light up sales and I worry NT are on the chopping block next.

Clippy

Feb 11, 2022
I had a good time in Bleeding Edge but it just couldn't hook me, it was a passing distraction. I would put DmC: Devil May Cry in my top 2 DmC games and the only I bought twice.

Actual personal favorite Ninja Theory game, though, isn't any of these or even Hellblade.

ss_8ffa753d541ce4a8eeb93e272526967ee6fb4c35.1920x1080.jpg

Gavalanche

Prophet of Regret
Oct 21, 2021
Yeah, I get it. Calmer heads than me will hopefully prevail, but they have crossed a line this time and no shiny new trailers and platitudes can undo this, unfortunately.

The fact that Phil Spencer proved Lina Khan right is making me furious.

MS offered these devs insulation from the vagaries of the market through Gamepass. Then they acted like EA and killed them off after a single "failure" each, one of which was a direct result of zero marketing and a stupid shadow drop that they approved. Nobody should join them at all now until they address this and it's not up to me to explain how they do that. That is on them.

Look at Hellblade 2. Zero notable marketing and anything they do now will be too late. This game won't light up sales and I worry NT are on the chopping block next.

I worry for them as well but... there's no point really. Its nothing we can control ourselves, and we still don't fully understand the reasons for Tango especially to be laid off. Just have to move on and hope the same doesn't happen to other developers. I do agree that xbox crossed a line though. Maybe not wit the general public because most of them won't know or care about any of this, but with fans and gaming media in particular. Phil Spencer has gone from the golden boy of games to basically a villain overnight. I think he has ruined his reputation in one fell swoop among gaming enthusiasts, press and otherwise.

I had a good time in Bleeding Edge but it just couldn't hook me, it was a passing distraction. I would put DmC: Devil May Cry in my top 2 DmC games and the only I bought twice.

Actual personal favorite Ninja Theory game, though, isn't any of these or even Hellblade.

ss_8ffa753d541ce4a8eeb93e272526967ee6fb4c35.1920x1080.jpg

Yeah Enslaved was great! I should play that again. Also playstation exclusive so not really suited for this thread, but I also had a soft spot for Heavenly Sword.

Mr Evil 37

Mar 7, 2022
Surely four good games in a row count for more than one "bad" game, especially since we're talking about the direct sequel to their most acclaimed game ever?

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
2015 me on the other site. Making this thread

Photomode in games. Should devs make it a standard feature?

mean i love it. Nothing is more fun of taking some great photo's, editing etc of great looking games and sharing it.

When there is a photomode i have the feeling a game is selling itself. That would offcourse benefit the devs and lead to more sales. Or are normal screenshots already enough and a photomode is not needed?

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
Diablo season 4 starting soon. Hope its good.
I think of the loot update we get now is good and solid. Then the expansion coming out soon and is good. I feel it will help diablo alot

Belker

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm not sure that Hellblade is going to do much for Microsoft. I played the finished game and liked the atmosphere and story, but it was more engaging than enjoyable. I had to play it on the easiest setting as I found the combat both difficult and clunky. I don't think I recommended it to anyone, though I probably described it and the concept to people.

It looks great and it might win some awards, but I find it hard to imagine most people willl be in to it. Given MS' recent actions I don't think that's enough.

Ash_Greytree

Oct 31, 2023
I think that there's a high chance we're going to get a trailer for Vessel Of Hatred (the name of the Diablo 4 Expansion) that shows off the new area and the new class. Maybe not gameplay of the new class, though. A CG Trailer that shows them off like they did with the Necromancer, and then they show up around the Campfire. They might want to save the gameplay for a separate stream by themselves.