Which Developer_Direct title are you looking forward to the most?

• Ara: History Untold

Votes: 15 2.3%
  • Avowed

Votes: 245 37.9%
  • Indiana Jones

Votes: 322 49.8%
  • Senua’s Saga: Hellblade II

Votes: 64 9.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Judge

Vault-Tec Seal of Approval
Oct 25, 2017
Official Staff Communication
If you want to talk about Microsoft leaving the console business then feel free to do it elsewhere. This thread is about Microsoft's 1P studios. Any further derailment on this will be met with threadbans.

Oct 27, 2017
The one thing about Quick Resume that people sometimes overlook is that you don't even have to save the game. You can just stop playing anytime you want to and resume back up at exactly where you left off within seconds.

Ascenion

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Mecklenburg-Strelitz
GPU wise I dont doubt that a 2024 PS5 Pro would match a 400 Xbox, at least through sheer GPU power. The difference in architecture and CPU would be differentials.

Id think 2026 console GPUs can handle full RT but youre right that that isnt necesarilly the case, and if it isnt you missed the boat. But the next RT moment is already here. Id wager the goal for a next gen Xbox can be targeting Cyberpunk 2077 with path tracing at 1440p. Though maybe im wrong, I dont actually know.
RT is gonna depend on AMD and what solutions they come up with. All the RT we see now is 99% on NVIDIA cards. AMD isn't what you buy for RT. That's what was wild about those leaked next gen slides. All the stuff Microsoft talked about adding into the next Xbox is stuff AMD either doesn't have or isn't good at. They're, as someone said (can't remember who), at least 5 years behind NVIDIA. That's two and a half gens in terms of GPU features and advancements.

Honestly AMD's inability to really compete with NVIDIA is why I'd prefer Microsoft not launch in 2026 either. They haven't really delivered a truly great GPU in years. The more recent the better for them.

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
I will pat myself on the back for being right about Robert Kotisch being the new "head of Activision" post Bobby Kotick leaving. Not that that wasn't like the most braindead prediction.

MCD

Honest Work
Oct 27, 2017
Highlighting two good indie deals:

View: https://twitter.com/videogamedealx/status/1737447974089969678?t=-tB-k1FfAkO1uRgWT73NVQ&s=19

Buy Sifu | Xbox

Sifu is a realistic third-person brawler with tight Kung Fu combat mechanics and cinematic martial arts action embarking you on a path for revenge.

View: https://twitter.com/COWCATGames/status/1737416481489490161?t=w5-2CFtJuoJ41iuJmI8Pkw&s=19

Buy BROK the InvestiGator | Xbox

The very first PUNCH & CLICK! What kind of detective will you be?

Reposting this ^

Sifu 60% off is a steal

Oct 25, 2017
Canada

View: https://x.com/FaizShaikh7681/status/1737636329893335547?s=20

So funny rn seeing $50M budget for a "AAA" game here when over yonder we're looking at non-AAA, "mid sized games" costing $100M lol.

Not saying PCF aren't making a AAA game, but the range in budget and relativity is just funny with current events.

I forgot People Can Fly are making a game with Microsoft. Aren't they also rumored to be making a game with Sony too (Project Ooze I think)?

Interesting how some partnerships are just out there in the public.

bananas

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
I will pat myself on the back for being right about Robert Kotisch being the new "head of Activision" post Bobby Kotick leaving. Not that that wasn't like the most braindead prediction.
He's been head of Activision since 2019.

Bobby was head of Activision Blizzard, the company that oversaw Activision. That role is gone now.

Frieza

Oct 25, 2017

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
I forgot People Can Fly are making a game with Microsoft. Aren't they also rumored to be making a game with Sony too (Project Ooze I think)?

Interesting how some partnerships are just out there in the public.
PCF announced it in a press release some time ago iirc.
He's been head of Activision since 2019.

Bobby was head of Activision Blizzard, the company that oversaw Activision. That role is gone now.
Ik which is why i called it a braindead prediction. There was a chance someone became the abk ceo-like delegate reporting to spencer in his place (which i guessed would have also been Kotisch) but they ended up just making it booty as well

Gavalanche

Prophet of Regret
Oct 21, 2021
Okay, I think my time with this OT and general Xbox related threads has come to a close. Oso and I had similar views and if he was banned who was much more pro-Xbox than I, it means I am probably skating on thin ice. It's not worth it really, I use this place to distract from long shifts at work, I really don't want to go back to Reddit :p

Have fun everyone, and I will argue with you elsewhere! Just not about Xbox. Unless it's Crackdown 3, I probably couldn't help myself then.

PS Go Arcanum
PPS lost odyssey not being on gamepass is still a travesty.

Oct 27, 2017

So funny rn seeing $50M budget for a "AAA" game here when over yonder we're looking at non-AAA, "mid sized games" costing $100M lol.

Not saying PCF aren't making a AAA game, but the range in budget and relativity is just funny with current events.

Completely forgot about this game. Yeah, it's funny to associate $50 mil with AAA these days, since budgets keep rising. Having said that, though, Alan Wake 2 supposedly only had a €50 mil budget as well.

The Lord of Cereal

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Jan 9, 2020

Tweet's dead (actually I think it's just Twitter?) what did it say?
Okay, I think my time with this OT and general Xbox related threads has come to a close. Oso and I had similar views and if he was banned who was much more pro-Xbox than I, it means I am probably skating on thin ice. It's not worth it really, I use this place to distract from long shifts at work, I really don't want to go back to Reddit :p

Have fun everyone, and I will argue with you elsewhere! Just not about Xbox. Unless it's Crackdown 3, I probably couldn't help myself then.

PS Go Arcanum
Damn, that sucks, I'm gonna miss your posts in here as I always thought you were pretty reasonable and logical with how you acted. You and Sullivan have always been genuine and also stick around.

You've always been a real one, other than your simping of a sub par game

(I haven't played Arcanum)

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
Tweet's dead (actually I think it's just Twitter?) what did it say?

Damn, that sucks, I'm gonna miss your posts in here as I always thought you were pretty reasonable and logical with how you acted. You and Sullivan have always been genuine and also stick around.

You've always been a real one, other than your simping of a sub par game

(I haven't played Arcanum)
It was just kinda recounting the People Can Fly Project Maverick game and some names attached to it that worked in halo or cod or whatever

Montresor

Oct 27, 2017

PS Go Arcanum

What did he get banned for? I think you're being a bit over the top - not sure if you need to worry about being banned. I've been banned for being too much of an Xbox fanboy (I got banned for calling PlayStation fans entitled for asking about Blade on PlayStation). I doubt you would be banned, but it depends on the exact reason Oso was banned.

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
$119 1 TB ssd with xbox offer. You can get a 2 TB Series X for <$499 now. Why wait until next holiday! Lmao

dlauv

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
What did he get banned for? I think you're being a bit over the top - not sure if you need to worry about being banned. I've been banned for being too much of an Xbox fanboy (I got banned for calling PlayStation fans entitled for asking about Blade on PlayStation). I doubt you would be banned, but it depends on the exact reason Oso was banned.
Check the Xbox Wii U thread. He's the first ban.

hersheyfan

Powered by Friendship™
Oct 25, 2017
Manila, Philippines
I don't want to doom and gloom in terms of console sales, but i feel its a real interesting discussion point. IMO, i feel that Xbox has dropped the ball in terms of innovation and have slowly been giving customers less reasons to buy their console. If you look at previous generations, they all offered multiple reasons for customers to buy into their ecosystem.

Xbox 360
  1. Online/multiplayer platform that was ahead of its competitors (Xbox Live).
  2. Kinect
  3. Great Games only available on Xbox 360
Xbox One
  1. Great Games only available on Xbox One
  2. Backwards compatibility program ahead of its competitors.
Series S / X

?????

I'm sure I've missed a few bits and pieces, but S & X just aren't innovative enough in terms of features vs competitor offerings.
Well, just off the top of my head, these are the reasons I mostly play on my Series X these days (when I'm playing on console):
1. Game Pass: It's proven very useful for giving games I'm on the fence on a spin, and whoever is scheduling the new games coming in has great taste in games.
2. Easy switching between console and PC: Play Anywhere is a godsend, with save files carrying over very easily. If I'm unhappy with the performance in an XSX game, i can easily just boot up the PC and finish the rest of it there.
3. Much better controller: The Series controller might be my favorite controller ever. I really dislike the DualSense and its atrocious battery life.
4. Much better library management: Xbox has easily the best tools/interface for viewing and sorting your game library on any current console, invaluable for digital hoarders like me.
5. Outstanding BC: Maybe it's more valuable to me than some of you Xbox OGs in here, but being able to play older games (particularly from the 360 generation) is amazing. I'm a late joiner so theres a lot of meat on that bone still.

and finally...

I think one thing that maybe works in Xboxs favor is that not all of their studios, or their projects anyway, are that kind of AAA Blockbuster range. They've got a range of different projects that offer different levels of cost/benefit. They can afford to lose a little here and there because other stuff is printing money relative to their own costs, where as Sony is perhaps betting bigger on each individual release, that's just my feeling of course, Sony may disagree. Which to be fair is kind of why they're doing things like developing a bunch of live service games and buying Bungie and expanding in mobile.
6. I strongly prefer the diversity we get (and are projected to get) from Xbox first party. I started drifting away from PlayStation (and into PC gaming) in the PS4 gen, where it seemed Sony only seemed willing to make a specific sort of game. They've only leaned harder into that stance since, and Xbox just has more stuff that speaks to me nowadays. Hi-Fi Rush was a miracle, and the kind of game Japan Studio could have attempted back in the day (but modern Sony would never attempt).

PS This is my first post in any console-specific OT, whether on GAF or Era. Nice to finally jump in!

biglo25

Apr 28, 2020
Well, just off the top of my head, these are the reasons I mostly play on my Series X these days (when I'm playing on console):
1. Game Pass: It's proven very useful for giving games I'm on the fence on a spin, and whoever is scheduling the new games coming in has great taste in games.
2. Easy switching between console and PC: Play Anywhere is a godsend, with save files carrying over very easily. If I'm unhappy with the performance in an XSX game, i can easily just boot up the PC and finish the rest of it there.
3. Much better controller: The Series controller might be my favorite controller ever. I really dislike the DualSense and its atrocious battery life.
4. Much better library management: Xbox has easily the best tools/interface for viewing and sorting your game library on any current console, invaluable for digital hoarders like me.
5. Outstanding BC: Maybe it's more valuable to me than some of you Xbox OGs in here, but being able to play older games (particularly from the 360 generation) is amazing. I'm a late joiner so theres a lot of meat on that bone still.

and finally...

6. I strongly prefer the diversity we get (and are projected to get) from Xbox first party. I started drifting away from PlayStation (and into PC gaming) in the PS4 gen, where it seemed Sony only seemed willing to make a specific sort of game. They've only leaned harder into that stance since, and Xbox just has more stuff that speaks to me nowadays. Hi-Fi Rush was a miracle, and the kind of game Japan Studio could have attempted back in the day (but modern Sony would never attempt).

PS This is my first post in any console-specific OT, whether on GAF or Era. Nice to finally jump in!
nice to meet you and welcome to the thread though it might get a little to doom and gloom during sales data release but other than that the thread is for the most part chill

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
nice to meet you and welcome to the thread though it might get a little to doom and gloom during sales data release but other than that the thread is for the most part chill
We are blessed to have weekly Japanese sales data and weekly uk boxed sales threads aren't we folks.

And then staggered uk/eu/us monthly sales reports so that they come out a week or two apart. It's a never ending cycle :-)

Oct 12, 2020

and finally...

Nice post….and welcome!

These are the kind of anecdotes that we see more and more - and were NEVER seen during the previous generation. The hardcore console gamer, those who are more likely to have dual (or multiple) consoles are recognizing the kind of consumer/gamer friendly moves that Xbox have made, and are in the process of making and have made Xbox their MAIN as a result. There is always a lag between the hardcore audience "getting it" vs the vast casual gaming masses. It may take a few years, but I truly believe that Xbox will make some market share gains if they keep doing the things they are doing. I'm slowly getting caught up on the furor around Sony/Insomniac (without looking at Wolverine content) and in that light one should be able to see that the path MS/Xbox are on is a very shrewd one. Game Pass and yes, the diversity of game genres that Xbox offers - with a nice selection of smaller games which don't cost in the hundreds of millions to make - is a very real advantage they have, amongst several others. Basically, to make significant gains over Sony, Xbox must make their gaming proposition so good that it can no longer be dismissed or ignored. I think they have a pretty decent chance of pulling it off. The quality of the next handful of games will be a very telling indicator.

biglo25

Apr 28, 2020
We are blessed to have weekly Japanese sales data and weekly uk boxed sales threads aren't we folks.

And then staggered uk/eu/us monthly sales reports so that they come out a week or two apart. It's a never ending cycle :-)
Japan sales data is more a surprise if xbox even send more unit or why the big jump sometimes and at least it contained in those threads for the most part its when it spreads here then we get the repeated stuff that i think we all know ad nauseum but we can't do anything about except philsp or solis74 whichever is phil spencers account and tell them to do something about and maybe marketing while they are at it

MCD

Honest Work
Oct 27, 2017

View: https://twitter.com/Xbox_JP/status/1737684489201967588?t=8xGgjhiAGODChfVtqcm9sw&s=19

Xbox Japan advertising Hellblade 2 when Hellblade 1 isn't available in Xbox Japanese store.

You can switch to US region and buy it easily with Japanese localisation and everything but why not just make it available officially?

At the same time, BG3 is still not confirmed for Xbox in Japan:

View: https://twitter.com/JaberAltarrah/status/1737067771366662544?t=haOk9NjrmT-a97x1scjiBQ&s=19

SpikeChunsoft are handling the Japanese localisation (out today).

Xbox/Larian/SpikeChunsoft and media outlets are all dead silent regarding this. Basically BG3 is Playstation console exclusive in Japan.

🙃

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020

View: https://twitter.com/Xbox_JP/status/1737684489201967588?t=8xGgjhiAGODChfVtqcm9sw&s=19

Xbox Japan advertising Hellblade 2 when Hellblade 1 isn't available in Xbox Japanese store.

You can switch to US region and buy it easily with Japanese localisation and everything but why not just make it available officially?

At the same time, BG3 is still not confirmed for Xbox in Japan:

View: https://twitter.com/JaberAltarrah/status/1737067771366662544?t=haOk9NjrmT-a97x1scjiBQ&s=19

SpikeChunsoft are handling the Japanese localisation (out today).

Xbox/Larian/SpikeChunsoft and media outlets are all dead silent regarding this. Basically BG3 is Playstation console exclusive in Japan.

🙃

Lmao does this have anything to do with the enigmatic japanese law Team17 or whomever used as an excuse the other week for not having a jp version available

hersheyfan