• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Do you like the OT title?

• Yes

Votes: 265 43.5%
  • No

Votes: 103 16.9%
  • It's not my first choice, but...

Votes: 88 14.4%
  • Stop being so elitist

Votes: 14 2.3%
  • What's with this poll, anyway?

Votes: 71 11.7%
  • [screaming]

Votes: 68 11.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vico

Jan 3, 2018
Hey!
I shared this over on the Game Pass thread, but I thought you might be interested in it too!

I made a list of upcoming games coming day one on Game Pass. Feel free to give me some notes in case you see a mistake. I'll update it regularly on the Game Pass OT!

cMBIEos.jpg

Last edited:

arsene_P5

Prophet of Regret
Apr 17, 2020
wccftech.com

Elder Scrolls Online to Finally Let You Earn Loot Boxes for Free, Likely Due to Microsoft

The Elder Scrolls Online will finally let you earn Crown Crates for free in-game, and it seems we have Microsoft to thank.
Elder Scrolls Online to Finally Let You Earn Loot Boxes for Free, Likely Due to Microsoft

Hey!
I shared this over on the Game Pass thread, but I though you might be interested in it too!

I made a list of upcoming games coming day one on Game Pass. Feel free to give me some notes in case you see a mistake. I'll update it regularly on the Game Pass OT!

cMBIEos.jpg
Wow, thanks for list. The only thing I'd change is the screenshot of Forza Motorsport. That's FM7 and not FM.

solis74

Jun 11, 2018
I'll never understand the whole "the ending of this series I loved wasn't good so now I forever can't be excited about it" (see also: Mass Effect 3), like I don't think the leak is about Game of Thrones but a big Game of Thrones game would sell like crazy regardless if season 8 didn't live up to some people's expectations.

indeed

SRV

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 29, 2017
Hey!
I shared this over on the Game Pass thread, but I though you might be interested in it too!

cMBIEos.jpg
This is awesome!

solis74

Jun 11, 2018
Forza Horizon 4 #7 on the Xbox NPD charts, two and a half years after release. Pretty crazy. Also, I strongly suspect that Microsoft's first party games have brought in more revenue via direct sales since the "all our games on GP day 1" than in the 3 years prior to that.

they know what they are doing :)

kmfdmpig

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Do we know if Anvil Vault Breakers will have local co-op? It looks like it could be fun if it does.

thankyoumerzbow

Prophet of Truth
Dec 8, 2020
Going one difficulty lower than default in Wolfenstein is the way to go. Having a lot of fun with Old Blood.
i never liked the combat in wolfenstein because it feels like you have to go all in like in doom but you get melted, so you have to take cover all the time. it's weird that you can dual wield 2 shotguns but can only use them optimally in like 30 seconds the whole game.

JadedGhost

Jan 28, 2019
Hey!
I shared this over on the Game Pass thread, but I thought you might be interested in it too!

cMBIEos.jpg

Awesome list.

Second Extinction on April 28th? Could add that if you are uncluding gamepreview gamepass launch.

Vico

Jan 3, 2018

Thanks! I'm curious, does that make me a Game Pass Warrior? 🤔

wccftech.com

The Elder Scrolls Online will finally let you earn Crown Crates for free in-game, and it seems we have Microsoft to thank.

Wow, thanks for list. The only thing I'd change is the screenshot of Forza Motorsport. That's FM7 and not FM.

Good catch!
I didn't manage to find a lot of clean pictures of the game online, so I went with something a little different but still relevant. I'll try to take a picture myself straight from the trailer, or hopefully we might see more in a couple of weeks at E3. 👀

ez123

Feb 18, 2020
i never liked the combat in wolfenstein because it feels like you have to go all in like in doom but you get melted, so you have to take cover all the time. it's weird that you can dual wield 2 shotguns but can only use them optimally in like 30 seconds the whole game.

True, some of the options at your disposal will get you killed quickly so it limits playstyle a lot of the time. I still like the series and the gunplay feels good but it's a problem.

It's not a coincidence that Youngblood, the one where you are the most powerful, is my favorite.

SCUMMbag

Prophet of Truth - Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
Amazon did just cancel their Lord of the Rings game. I wonder if someone else got the license 🤔

thankyoumerzbow

Prophet of Truth
Dec 8, 2020
True, some of the options at your disposal will get you killed quickly so it limits playstyle a lot of the time. I still like the series and the gunplay feels good but it's a problem.

It's not a coincidence that Youngblood, the one where you are the most powerful, is my favorite.
i like the story telling as well, very likeable characters and the whole in your face style in the cutscenes. the gunplay as you say is awesome, it just i'd prefer if i could go full aggro. im really looking forward to 3 even tho i haven't played youngblood yet.

Vico

Jan 3, 2018
Awesome list.

Second Extinction on April 28th? Could add that if you are uncluding gamepreview gamepass launch.

That's a tough one! I actually chose not to add it, for two reasons:
- to my knowledge, the early access already started on Steam before, so the Xbox/Game Pass release is, by definition, not "day one".
- However, if the game pass release happens when an early access game enters its full release, then it's essentially the real launch and would count as "day one".

See what I mean?
I'm just trying to be fair, and yes make a big list but without trying to add everything just for growing the count.

Game Pass Commander, I think.

Great, I'll take an Xbox mini-fridge as a medal of honor then.

In Amber Clad

rather sultry
Aug 26, 2018
London
I know exactly what you mean haha. That's why we need them now!

This is logic I just can't argue with!

that happens to me all the time, i get excited a couple of days and then kinda forget about them. remember the whole persona coming to game pass we had a couple of weeks or whatever? feels really distant now...

Heh, now Persona is one I do remember, mainly because I have a friend that keeps asking me about it every few days (they don't really keep up to date on forum chatter, so I'm basically their gaming news source lol).

Babu93

Feb 9, 2021
So have I got this right with the Xbox Game Studios Publishing rumours?

New IP #1
  • Typhoon emoji
  • Large, independent, prominent developer
  • Multiplayer, connected world

New IP #2
  • Really ambitious
  • Not Bungie
  • Relates to news from this week - "gaming news which seem boring on the surface, but actually are the beginning of something ambitious"

New IP #3

Spin-off Game

solis74

Jun 11, 2018
Hey!

cMBIEos.jpg

excellent stuff!

saving so much $$$$$$$ :)

dglavimans

Nov 13, 2019
Hey!

cMBIEos.jpg
Sigh.. I love this generation of gaming :) Thanks for the list!

Mollymauk

Oct 27, 2017
Hey!

cMBIEos.jpg
Incredible!

darthpaxton

Jun 20, 2018
Any final guesses what they could be teasing from all of you and what do you want?
I personally think it's the AI-upscaling they first talked about in 2018 and we haven't heard much about since. The "higher" reference is in reference to resolution. Sunset Overdrive was teased and is the perfect game for it. I also don't think there's anything stopping them from combining it with FPS Boost, either. I think Sunset Overdrive is going to 4K/60 on Monday.

More information is available here.

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
I personally think it's the AI-upscaling they first talked about in 2018 and we haven't heard much about since. The "higher" reference is in reference to resolution. Sunset Overdrive was teased and is the perfect game for it. I also don't think there's anything stopping them from combining it with FPS Boost, either. I think Sunset Overdrive is going to 4K/60 on Monday.

I hope so. I almost started Sunset Overdrive yesterday, but decided to play Genesis Noir because I wanted to hold off if there were any improvements heading its way. Fingers crossed. Would love to play Insomniac's game but not at 900p lol.

darthpaxton

Jun 20, 2018
Interesting that people are discussing all the recent Phil shelf teases, but no one's talking about this one from earlier in the year.

X8DPuOs.png

arsene_P5

Prophet of Regret
Apr 17, 2020

Yep that's my guess, too. Well resolution increase no less. I dunno about super resolution via ML for BC games. Would be amazing, though.
So have I got this right with the Xbox Game Studios Publishing rumours?

New IP #1
  • Typhoon emoji
  • Large, independent, prominent developer
  • Multiplayer, connected world

New IP #2
  • Really ambitious
  • Not Bungie
  • Relates to news from this week - "gaming news which seem boring on the surface, but actually are the beginning of something ambitious"

New IP #3

Spin-off Game
I think you did.

W.S.

Honest Work
Oct 28, 2017
Hey!

cMBIEos.jpg
That's awesome, great job!

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
The technology was originally shown off in Forza Horizon 3, so I would imagine they at least have the ability to apply it to Xbox One games.
The results in stills looks impressive from the 2018 SIGGRAPH demo, but the performance was pretty rough. Looked like it halved the FPS when toggled on.

Of course, that was in 2018, etc, etc. I just hope it's performant enough while executing on the GPU to be worth enabling.

Ales34

Apr 15, 2018
I feel like it's super early 2022 so Halo can breath.
If Starfield is ready, they aren't going to delay it for the sake of Halo. Bethesda likes releasing games in the Fall, close to the GOTY season. They aren't going to like having the game delayed to early next year, which will likely significantly lower its chances for GOTY, considering how many other big games will be releasing later in 2022. Microsoft would be stupid to do it when Starfield is the best chance they got to finally have a GOTY first party game.

Besides, if Halo needs a breathing room from a new IP (which is a single-player game in another genre) to be successful, then it has bigger problems.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.