Status
Not open for further replies.

arsene_P5

Prophet of Regret
Apr 17, 2020
its not. If I have it on for an example and you don't, the same player we are looking at could blend into the game more based on the coating they select. You can then say, well, ill have an outline. Ok, well then the outline should only occur when you're looking directly at the player. Anything more gives you more of an edge purely cause of how outlines works (UI overlays that require them to be brighter). Thus the game telling you "hey, bad guy right here" instead of you recognizing the player yourself.

Again, its all or nothing. Either do rvb or dont. It can vary on mode, but toggle is not a viable option.
That's actually a good argument and I agree with it.

Onlywantsapples

alt account
Banned
May 13, 2021
What t shirt will Spencer rock next weekend? Guesses?

Maybe Starfield?
bethesda-xbox-todd-howard-apprezza-meme-scatola-series-x-rivela-greenberg-v3-505048.jpg

T-shirt version of this

Onlywantsapples

alt account
Banned
May 13, 2021
none AAA IP, tells me we're thinking more along the lines of indie studios for acquisition, so think compulsion maybe? in terms of studio size

Azerth

Prophet of Truth - Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
im thinking indie dev that made a game for a publisher that kept the ip

The Lord of Cereal

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Jan 9, 2020
MS has probably bought new IPs and studio/s.

fa534256c5043a486ceea42bf7e094fbcf06a98a.png

Honestly, I don't even really care much about the AAA hype level IPs they could buy (outside of maybe Castlevania, if the legacy games were included) but if they're buying up IPs and rights to legacy games in said IPs, then that really excites me, especially if said IP are dead/mostly dead IP.

Imagine if they bought something like Suikoden and put FF style remasters of all those games on Game Pass, or even an IP like Dead Rising which has been dead and will likely stay dead.

The fact that Jez believes they may be apart of studio acquisitions is interesting, and obviously makes my previous listed IP a non-starter but it is interesting to think of the implications if they've presumably purchased a studio that owns IP but only smaller ones...

Maybe someone like Level 5 or VanillaWare? Weren't there rumors semi recently (like last year or so) of Level 5 struggling to the point of limiting their localization efforts for the west?

Onlywantsapples

alt account
Banned
May 13, 2021
Neon Giant is a small studio and an indie

You don't buy small studios. Black swan events are likely.
I mean, it would be a case of we need to define small, but honestly I think it would be very wise for MS to buy smaller studios.

They fill the gamepass content pipeline, are on the cheaper side, and offer more variety, to an already very diverse first party lineup. I'd argue MS has already been doing a combination indie/AAA because I'd classify some of the studios they've bought as indie, personally.

JINX

Oct 25, 2017
none AAA IP, tells me we're thinking more along the lines of indie studios for acquisition, so think compulsion maybe? in terms of studio size
A lot of independent AAA studios don't own their IP's, like Insomniac's only large self owned IP was Sunset Overdrive.
I try to Ask more info to JEZ

0-Screenshot-2021-06-05-22-07-43-47-0b2fce7a16bf2b728d6ffa28c8d60efb.jpg

So It could be avalanche, IOI or Asobo.
Asobo with their 10 year FS plan would make so much sense. But I have a feeling it's Avalanche.
Avalanche is owned by someone else, so they're ruled out.

Last edited:

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
I mean, it would be a case of we need to define small, but honestly I think it would be very wise for MS to buy smaller studios.

They fill the gamepass content pipeline, are on the cheaper side, and offer more variety, to an already very diverse first party lineup. I'd argue MS has already been doing a combination indie/AAA because I'd classify some of the studios they've bought as indie, personally.
Indeed

DopeyFish

Oct 25, 2017

What if the entire quality of their title is largely because of one engineer, for example. the smaller the studio and that one engineer leaves... poof... neon giant then becomes an average or below average studio.

that's why when you buy studios, you look for a whole bunch of characteristics.

A couple black swan events have nuked a couple studios under MS before... Digital Anvil and Lionhead, as examples. People argue the same with Rare as well. They're a real issue.

Green

Oct 27, 2017
My guess is The Dark Pictures Anthology, with a possible Supermassive Games acquisition. Just a hunch.

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
What benefit is there to buy a small studio instead of the much less risky approach of funding a project by them? And to keep fostering that relationship with them if things go well

Biggzy

Oct 27, 2017
What benefit is there to buy a small studio instead of the much less risky approach of funding a project by them? And to keep fostering that relationship with them if things go well

Because they can always make games for someone else. Plus you might see potential in them and would prefer to foster the growth internally which is what Xbox is already doing with Double Fine, Compulsion and InXile.

Status
Not open for further replies.