• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 4, 2018

9607d3068d33135f8dda7b5fde96c3a4.jpg
2f6034ff4816a64f9d95739177a78573.jpg

Det

Jul 30, 2020
Me too. A little experimental project could be even more exciting than any other big gun project.
At any rate, no worries, there's no Koji project for xbox

I think there likely is. With his comment on multiple games in development, Stadia game being horror related, xCloud association/Grubb 'leaks', and this latest report from Henderson. Either way, well know very soon.

Fabtacular

Jul 11, 2019
There is no consensus, people actually mostly think the opposite.

The event they've been hyping up is the one that's happening on sunday. The first walkthrough of a game as big as Starfield won't ever happen in this extended showcase.

You might have smaller reveals, like a tour of the ship, or a cutomization deep dive, or a cast reveal, things like that, but only if the main show had something meaningful, the full-fledge "here is how the game works" is too big for the extended showcase.
Unclear why anyone thinks they'll do a deep-dive / blowout for a game that's probably 10 months to a year away from releasing.

1 gift from an anonymous user

GiftBot

Official Giveaway Bot
Verified
Mar 7, 2018

Giveaway

Restrictions:
Hello, I am bot! I come bearing 1 gift from an anonymous user!

This is a day raffle that will expire in 24 hours. The winner will be drawn at random! Any prizes leftover after the deadline will become available on a first-come first-serve basis.

Anonymous said:
Welcome to the 2022 ResetEra Xbox OT Showcase Giveaway!

There are 5 days until the Xbox & Bethesda Games Showcase!

Today's prize comes to you from Mojang. Good luck!

Giveaway information:
  • 24 hour raffles, starting prior to Showcase start time (17:00 UTC).
  • Can't win two days in a row.
  • This is a community event! Sorry, not open to junior accounts. Some might be closed to lurkers.

These are our awesome prizes:

• Xbox series X/S Xbox series X/S: Minecraft Dungeons: Ultimate DLC Bundle - Won by Bill Gaitas Bill Gaitas (70 entries)

AImalexia

Prophet of Truth
Aug 31, 2021
Unclear why anyone thinks they'll do a deep-dive / blowout for a game that's probably 10 months to a year away from releasing.
It's pretty normal for games to have long gameplay demos even years from release. And starfield is coming out before the next e3, when are they going to put todd howard on a stage to talk of the game at length, the game awards? Add to all that that the key art for the show is a field of stars and that bethesda said they'll have a gameplay deep dive for both starfield and redfall soon and yeah... it's pretty clear its not going to be a 2 mn trailer.

And no quakecon in august is not soon, specially not when you announce that with your main event in the horizon. If there's no substantial gameplay content then xbox has miscommunicated pretty hard

Vico

Jan 3, 2018

They've been planning for the reveal for many months now, it being delayed doesn't change that they probably already polished, cut and edited most of what was planned to be shown.

Also, they've been close to feature-complete for a while now, it's just about polishing to get everything single feature up to standards (and there are probably a lot of features/systems) but in a game as big as Starfield, you can bet that a lot of systems and early-game locations, scenes, etc. are already close to being ready.

People tend to forget that, but a lot of games were shown early on with gameplay demos. Notable examples are God of War, Last of Us Part: 2

Jan 4, 2018
Jeff Gerstmann says there's a Minecraft strategy game in development. Was this already known?

For what's it's worth, Double Eleven (co-dev on Minecraft Dungeons) is hiring for "an important RTS title for a major partner" on "a major IP".

I was wondering if this was linked in some capacity for this rumored Project Wormwood (RTS at Bethesda according to Nick) considering that Bethesda partenered with them for Fallout 76 but Minecraft could work too if this rumor if true...

Fabtacular

Jul 11, 2019
prob cause what was planned to be shown prob hasnt changed since the delay announcement. They made something for the show under the idea it was launching nov. What is being shown wont be pulled (unless its really really bad)
I don't think holding back the dev interviews, the discussions of character backstories, the "hey here's our character creator, isn't it neat?" and "look, you can customize your ship. I put a happy face on mine (lololololol)" and the gameplay walkthrough where they show the dialogue wheel and discuss your different options for doing something . . . that can all wait.

Anyone wants to Avi bet, I'll take under 7 minutes and no real-time (live or prerecorded) gameplay walkthrough.

MonadoX

Alt account
Banned
Apr 1, 2022
Feels like the floodgates are about to open. If you're worried about spoilers for the show or any show now might be the time to step away from the internet.

Oct 12, 2020
You're easily one of my favorite posters because I think we have similar tastes. Then you go and drop this gif and it's just… 🥹

Hey, thanks! Always nice to hear one's posts are enjoyed. 😀 I also like to think the fact that I've been gaming since the 1970's gives me the ability to provide some different perspective on some things, especially in terms of really appreciating the incredible state of gaming right now. Things are SO GOOD….and about to get better on June 12th I think for us Xbox fans.

And yeah, I'm right there with you in the simple appreciation of a well dropped gif. 👍

Montresor

Oct 27, 2017
Most unlikely but amazing things that would happen in the Xbox Showcase:

1. FFVII Remake 2 trailer, with the game being revealed to be 2-year timed exclusive to Xbox and PC
  2. Sega acquisition, with Persona and Catherine ports
  3. Kojima's game is revealed, and it's a AAA third-person cinematic game
  4. xCloud is expanded to allow you to stream any games you own (not just Game Pass games), including disc games you own
  5. Banjo Kazooie 3 trailer

Oct 12, 2020
This feels like a mistake to release unless and until their infrastructure improves a lot. It has to work well for all games like 95% of the time. The standard can't be "when it works, it's pretty cool."

Agreed, and I think MS agrees as well….and that's why it doesn't seem it's release is imminent.

If they can provide a seamless experience with this thing, then MS's big aspirations in the gaming space will become closer to reality. I already know I'll likely buy several of them.

Tyche-42

Sep 29, 2021
I don't think holding back the dev interviews, the discussions of character backstories, the "hey here's our character creator, isn't it neat?" and "look, you can customize your ship. I put a happy face on mine (lololololol)" and the gameplay walkthrough where they show the dialogue wheel and discuss your different options for doing something . . . that can all wait.

Anyone wants to Avi bet, I'll take under 7 minutes and no real-time (live or prerecorded) gameplay walkthrough.
I mean they did say during the delay announcement they'll be doing a gameplay deep dive soon

Psi-Duck

Oct 22, 2018
Hey, thanks! Always nice to hear one's posts are enjoyed. 😀 I also like to think the fact that I've been gaming since the 1970's gives me the ability to provide some different perspective on some things, especially in terms of really appreciating the incredible state of gaming right now. Things are SO GOOD….and about to get better on June 12th I think for us Xbox fans.

And yeah, I'm right there with you in the simple appreciation of a well dropped gif. 👍
Ah you're an old? ™️

Respect. I'll be old soon. Having a kid on June 21. I told my wife to try and keep the baby inside until June 13.

Mar 6, 2021
Saint Louis

well ya. Anyone thinking more is dreaming lol maybe at the extended but not that much more

Dougieflesh

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Milky Way Ghetto
Most unlikely but amazing things that would happen in the Xbox Showcase:

1. FFVII Remake 2 trailer, with the game being revealed to be 2-year timed exclusive to Xbox and PC
  2. Sega acquisition, with Persona and Catherine ports
  3. Kojima's game is revealed, and it's a AAA third-person cinematic game
  4. xCloud is expanded to allow you to stream any games you own (not just Game Pass games), including disc games you own
  5. Banjo Kazooie 3 trailer
The first two would be trash

Status
Not open for further replies.