• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

B.C.

Prophet of Regret
Banned
Sep 28, 2018
Yeah. If this was the old version of Xbox when the backdrop was only 3 or 4 studios, this might be different. But with so many studios putting in work on so many games, it's really not that serious. Again, huge over reactions. Just weird.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
Tweet is gone now. I also asked how he was sure they followed them before. Guess we dont know. Guess not much to see in the end

edit

Tigerfish419

Oct 28, 2021
Let me guess cringe twitter console warriors were trying to start something that was nothing and have egg on their face? Would TI even have a social media person.

Helix

Mayor of Clown Town
Jun 8, 2019
all this LinkedIn sleuthing posts about the Initiative made me stumble upon Playground and wow they are still staffing up significantly for Fable. I'm gonna assume that's still a ways off too

Jan 4, 2018
www.geekwire.com

Steve Ballmer offers a scorecard on Microsoft’s big acquisitions, and revisits his own legacy as CEO

It’s 2022, and Microsoft’s cloud business is on track to become half of its overall revenue. Big investments in Xbox and video games, over two decades, have positioned Microsoft to… Read More

Interesting talk with ex MS CEO Steve Ballmer regarding acquisitions.

Thanks to Dinkeytom at XboxEra.

I think the Activision acquisition is a great idea. We had looked at it a number of times, and they've they finally got it at a good price, in my opinion.

Gavalanche

Prophet of Regret
Oct 21, 2021
I think what is happening at the Initiative is a reasonably big deal, but I don't think using twitter followers or lack thereof is proof of anything :P

Governergrimm

Jun 25, 2019
Whelp I will leave 343 and The initiative as studios I don't have faith in currently. Sounds like a lot of turmoil going on for a new studio. It sucks but I don't think it's fair to extrapolate that to all Xbox studios they've built. The Coalition In particular is in much better shape than 343 or The initiative. Additionally, not all studios make it. It sucks but The initiative is clearly having troubles. At the end of the day it is one of Microsoft's 30+ studios.having problems and while it's unfortunate is not indictive of wide spread problems.

.... Seriously where is Tunic.

SilverX

Jan 21, 2018
Apparently, I have a flashing message on my Xbox dashboard that my GPU runs out in 13 days lol. Does the $1 trick still work?

MCD

Honest Work
Oct 27, 2017
I'm not sure what that first tweet is about. Assuming the Acti deal goes through it's extremely likely they can drop a AAA game per quarter.

That Kyle Martin guy can't be serious right? When the Activision deal goes through, Game Pass will be getting AT LEAST a AAA game every quarter, if not more. That was already the goal BEFORE Xbox acquired Activision, so I gotta believe that's more than accelerated after.

Activision or at least Blizzard are struggling to ship/maintain Overwatch, Diablo and WoW.

That guy on Twitter probably reading the "MS being lenient" part and wondering if they can truly manage ABK.

Tyche-42

Sep 29, 2021
Activision or at least Blizzard are struggling to ship/maintain Overwatch, Diablo and WoW.

That guy on Twitter probably reading the "MS being lenient" part and wondering if they can truly manage ABK.
Yeah theyre not going to be able to be hands off with ABK. The entire management needs throwing out there and I imagine if they just leave them to it itll be chaos.

Prine

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Just feels like CD is going to be absorbed and be the PD studio, with The Initiative perhaps being scaled down to become something of a lighter department based on pre prod work? Seems like CD are melding well within this new setup.

Quellyford

May 16, 2020

From what I understand, the hands-off approach would continue and ActBlizz will maintain their publishing just as Bethesda did, and Xbox will thus have a third arm along with Xbox Game Publishing and Bethesda. With the additional financial support and more time/fewer deadlines, I'm hoping this bodes well for them as it did for other studios Xbox has acquired (Psychonauts 2 immediately comes to mind).

Deleted member 93062

Account closed at user request
Banned
Mar 4, 2021
Just feels like CD is going to be absorbed and be the PD studio, with The Initiative perhaps being scaled down to become something of a lighter department based on pre prod work? Seems like CD are melding well within this new setup.
Yeah I could totally see that. If CD is going to work on PD for a few years, I have to imagine Xbox will definitely talk to Square about getting them. Not sure if Square would be willing to give up any IPs though.

Oct 25, 2017
Isn't Tunic the prime candidate for a surprise Game Pass drop today? As far as I can tell the game releases today but there's still no pricing info. Definitely seems to be something weird going on with that game. There isn't even a store page for the game yet.

Don't think they would confirm just last week that it isn't a Game Pass game if it was a surprise drop. They would just be quiet.

Status
Not open for further replies.