• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

New OT Title

• Xbox Game Studios

Votes: 277 36.5%
  • Xbox Studios

Votes: 122 16.1%
  • Xbox First Party

Votes: 62 8.2%
  • Xbox Game Studios + Bethesda + Activision

Votes: 112 14.8%
  • Xbox + Bethesda + Activison

Votes: 85 11.2%
  • Microsoft Gaming

Votes: 101 13.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

chen17

Oct 5, 2022
I noticed a leak of the Starfield Xbox Series controller on the Chinese internet, I'm not sure if that's a third party customization, but it looks very real lol
Edit: The seller claims that the controller is official rather than third-party customization or fan-made, and there is no news about the controller in China and overseas

View: https://imgur.com/a/i3bPbqy

Last edited:

Fiery Phoenix

Oct 26, 2017
Anyone managed to find a physical copy for Ghostwire Tokyo? All the preorder listings I've seen have been digital codes. Starting to think it may not actually go physical.

solis74

Jun 11, 2018
I do think PC will be a major driver of GP growth when the big first party releases are more consistent. Right now, although I love GP on PC, I can understand why many just choose to buy the specific games they want on Steam rather than messing with the Xbox app and subscribing, especially when they're so bought in to that ecosystem. But once we're seeing the big guns coming at a regular cadence, especially with the amount of RPGs in development, id's next game and whatever Blizzard etc might bring to the service, I can see it swaying many to cave in and sub. Personally couldn't live without GP, it's the gift that keeps on giving and will only get better.

PC will be a big chunk of the pie for sure going forward.

Tigerfish419

Oct 28, 2021
I noticed a leak of the Starfield Xbox Series controller on the Chinese internet, I'm not sure if that's a third party customization, but it looks very real lol

Wow that looks so good.

I wouldn't assume people don't like this. It's one of the reasons I think Xbox's direction is much more interesting than its competitors. I say let geniuses like Josh Sawyer pursue their interests. And hey, if it leads him to head a bigger game next time around, that would great as well.

A lot of people only count big AAA games and tend to complain if it's not hyper realistic, also how long it takes to put games out which all can be effects of it. I know a lot here don't do that but many still do here and on social media, kinda sucks. I think that mindset will go away once a few huge AAA "bangers" hit that are undeniably great. Imagine a hi fi rush shadow drop type deal if Xbox were dropping those AAA games that do count.

Like you said, Xbox is going down a much more interesting path that isn't full of AAA cookie cutter games, sure they have some but then they have things like As Dusk Falls, Pentiment and Hi fi Rush and to be real those games for me are just as exciting as the "bangers"

Oct 12, 2020

Hope it signals an impending deluge of Starfield related products which I will be absolutely powerless not to buy.

But its the Starfield Limited Edition Series X that is the crown jewel for me.

Mr Evil 37

Mar 7, 2022
Hope it signals an impending deluge of Starfield related products which I will be absolutely powerless not to buy.

But its the Starfield Limited Edition Series X that is the crown jewel for me.
I think they're going to prioritise the Starfield collector's edition with the smart watch over a special edition console. Maybe I'm wrong but it just seems like a lot for them to do a big CE, a limited console and a controller.

Oct 12, 2020
I really hope Starfield becomes such a monster game and cultural phenomenon that eventually we will get Lego build kits of the various ships featured in the game. A 3000-piece Frontier (which seems to be the default ship to start the game with) lego set would be a good start. 😊

Mr Evil 37

Mar 7, 2022
Anyone managed to find a physical copy for Ghostwire Tokyo? All the preorder listings I've seen have been digital codes. Starting to think it may not actually go physical.
The same thing happened with Deathloop. There was a physical version, but stock sort of trickled out after the digital release. It's readily available now though, and I expect the same thing will happen with GWT.

Bengraven

Oct 26, 2017
Florida
I've been thinking about the number of live service/living world's/on going games ms will have once the ABK acquisition closes and it's actually insane.

- COD: Warzone - Battle Royale FPS
- Diablo IV: Action RPG
- Wow: MMO RPG
- Overwatch: Hero Shooter
- Sea of thieves: Action Adventure
- Halo Infinite: Arena FPS
- Forza Horizon 5: Open World Racing
- Fallout 76: RPG
- ESO: RPG
- Forza Motorsport: Track Racing
- AOE IV: Strategy
- Flight Sim: Simulation

I also think the upcoming fable will have live service elements similar to Forza horizon and at some point I assume zenimax will make a mmo set in the starfield universe similar to fallout 76. While these games aren't ever part of upcoming games list they are a core reason why many people will stay subscribed to game pass.

EDIT: Added Flight Sim as Frieza pointed out

I kind of hope we get a player ghost system again in Fable. Fable 2 had one way before the Souls series did them, though obviously very primitive (just showed your player icon). Maybe expand it to add more MMO elements similar to how Souls does it.

Oct 12, 2020
I think they're going to prioritise the Starfield collector's edition with the smart watch over a special edition console. Maybe I'm wrong but it just seems like a lot for them to do a big CE, a limited console and a controller.

You could very well be right. I just hope they go big in all sorts of directions with the Starfield marketing and merchandise. There was a fan made Starfield Series X design a while ago that I thought looked amazing.

canderous

Prophet of Truth
Jun 12, 2020

The battery cover and everything being done up makes me think this is legit. The real question is if this is a sold separately controller or what comes with a Starfield console.

Lots of cool details on there. Seems to indicate the controls used when flying in a ship. LS throttle, dpad power distribution (we already know theres some sort of mechanic with balancing power between propulsion, shields, weapons, etc), RS is reaction control thrusters, A is target lock/select, X might be switching targets (TGT?), back button switches camera, LB does a scan, etc.

Mr Evil 37

Mar 7, 2022
You could very well be right. I just hope they go big in all sorts of directions with the Starfield marketing and merchandise. There was a fan made Starfield Series X design a while ago that I thought looked amazing.
We had a Halo console, and if any game was going to get the treatment next, I think it would be Starfield (and then Fable). But the logistics of doing that AND the big collector's edition AND a controller just seems like a lot. I hope they surprise me!

Also, that controller is NICE.

Oct 12, 2020
We had a Halo console, and if any game was going to get the treatment next, I think it would be Starfield (and then Fable). But the logistics of doing that AND the big collector's edition AND a controller just seems like a lot. I hope they surprise me!

Also, that controller is NICE.

I didn't even realize there were multiple pics of the controller in that link. Seeing them now I think it could be real…and yeah looks great.

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
Sullivan damn you

R.35265684b8c56f30e7b7e560389ccc11

The Lord of Cereal

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Jan 9, 2020
That Starfield in game watch is going to hit my cart faster than it to blink
Yeah, same here honestly. I wear a watch every time I leave the house and so if the Starfield collectors edition comes with a cool looking watch I'm buying ASAP. I just hope it's not a smart watch, and that it'll be made by a reputable watch company like Citizen

I mean, realistically I don't see why they can't do both a big CE and a custom console. They did it with Halo 5 and probably a few other games.

Whatever happens I just hope they have a limited edition Starfield Series S that comes with a cool controller

Fiery Phoenix

Oct 26, 2017
The same thing happened with Deathloop. There was a physical version, but stock sort of trickled out after the digital release. It's readily available now though, and I expect the same thing will happen with GWT.
Good point. It'll likely be a last-minute thing like Deathloop at this point. I just can't think of any reason why there wouldn't be one.

Status
Not open for further replies.