Which first party game impressed you the most?

• Avowed

Votes: 112 6.8%
  • Clockwork Revolution

Votes: 310 18.9%
  • Fable

Votes: 381 23.3%
  • Hellblade II: Senua's Saga

Votes: 79 4.8%
  • South of Midnight

Votes: 131 8.0%
  • Starfield

Votes: 1,245 76.1%
  • Other (Towerborne, Forza Motorsport, Microsoft Flight Simulator, etc)

Votes: 94 5.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ganepark32

Nov 21, 2021
Just seen that they've put Stray up for pre-order on the Xbox Store for it releasing next week with a 20% discount. Went to have a look and at least here in the UK, even with the discount the price is still higher than it was at full price on PC and PlayStation (£26.79 with the 20% discount, £33.49 without).

What the hell is up with that. I know there's more often than not pricing discrepancies with Xbox releases compared to other platforms but that's quite noticeably more expensive and especially for a game that's been out a year and is currently on sale for £18.49 or there abouts in the PS Store. Don't really get Annapurna at times with how they handle things.

Shame really as I'd have considered picking it up on Xbox to replay if they'd at least matched price.

Montresor

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Just seen that they've put Stray up for pre-order on the Xbox Store for it releasing next week with a 20% discount. Went to have a look and at least here in the UK, even with the discount the price is still higher than it was at full price on PC and PlayStation (£26.79 with the 20% discount, £33.49 without).

What the hell is up with that. I know there's more often than not pricing discrepancies with Xbox releases compared to other platforms but that's quite noticeably more expensive and especially for a game that's been out a year and is currently on sale for £18.49 or there abouts in the PS Store. Don't really get Annapurna at times with how they handle things.

Shame really as I'd have considered picking it up on Xbox to replay if they'd at least matched price.

The pricing is really shitty, if what you're saying is true.

I can't help myself though and I preordered.

SamO

Annapurna Interactive
Verified
May 20, 2022

The pricing is really shitty, if what you're saying is true.

I can't help myself though and I preordered.

Sorry all—this is an error that we're working to fix ASAP. The price will be $29.99, with a 20% pre-order discount.

Sep 8, 2019

View: https://twitter.com/IdleSloth84_/status/1686421603708555271?s=20
pointbreak-busy.gif

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
New Dash is actually goated. I boot up my Series S #2. It has the new dash. I tick down twice and Venba is right there under newly added to game pass. I install it. It shows up as the second option in the game row as it leaves the most recent/active game on the left. Life is good.

MCD

Honest Work
Oct 27, 2017
New Dash is actually goated. I boot up my Series S #2. It has the new dash. I tick down twice and Venba is right there under newly added to game pass. I install it. It shows up as the second option in the game row as it leaves the most recent/active game on the left. Life is good.

People aren't happy about the pins thingy.

I will let you know once I get the new dash. In 2024 with Baldur's Gate 3 💀

PianoBlack

May 24, 2018
United States
I don't want this to come across as hyperbolic so bear with me.

Is anyone on here concerned by the rumours of the PS5 pro, and the perceived problems third party developers are having with Xbox (specifically the series S). Like realistically games this gen are only going to continue to get bigger and bigger... is what we see with Baldurs Gate going to be a recurring theme with third party?

Could we be in a situation 12 months from now where PS has two sku's to develop for, and there's higher demand for their consoles, so there's even less optimisation work done for S and X from third party?

Is this nothing to worry about? I'm not sure where I stand

We have one game that was delayed to implement one niche feature, but which apparently is expected to work fine in the end. I'm not sure I'd board the "Series S means all Xbox versions of next gen games are screwed" train just yet.

This is what made me wince when they listed the Series S specs. If they had kept the RAM the same as the series X, as they did with the CPU, minor down clock not withstanding, I suspect Larian wouldn't have these problems.

I do wonder why they didn't go with 12GB. I mean I know why they didn't - cost - but it always felt like the one really questionable tradeoff. I wonder what calculation pushed them all the way down to 10.

Governergrimm

Jun 25, 2019
We have one game that was delayed to implement one niche feature, but which apparently is expected to work fine in the end. I'm not sure I'd board the "Series S means all Xbox versions of next gen games are screwed" train just yet.

I do wonder why they didn't go with 12GB. I mean I know why they didn't - cost - but it always felt like the one really questionable tradeoff. I wonder what calculation pushed them all the way down to 10.
I know it was cost but it just sounded like big compromise even back then

Copilot

Jun 27, 2023

Is anyone on here concerned by the rumours of the PS5 pro, and the perceived problems third party developers are having with Xbox (specifically the series S). Like realistically games this gen are only going to continue to get bigger and bigger... is what we see with Baldurs Gate going to be a recurring theme with third party?

Could we be in a situation 12 months from now where PS has two sku's to develop for, and there's higher demand for their consoles, so there's even less optimisation work done for S and X from third party?

Is this nothing to worry about? I'm not sure where I stand
I don't see any big third party games or any indie skipping Series S. Also, they will have to develop for Switch 2.

Bede-x

Oct 25, 2017
I think it's a Steam API thing, or something like that. You ping the API to ask if the platform the game's running on is a Steam Deck, and if it says yes the game can do whatever it wants with that info, like turn off features or enable Deck-specific button icons. So it wouldn't happen on other low-end systems, or on any other handheld PC. Though if you use a third-party tool to install SteamOS on another handheld PC, that might make the API think the device is a Steam Deck, since SteamOS isn't ready for other devices officially yet. I dunno what the situation with installing Windows on a Deck is, and I ain't installing it on mine to find out.

Interesting that they tailor it specifically to the Deck. I'd guess if there was Windows on it, split-screen would be available, assuming it isn't locked from specific specs, so many laptops and low spec PCs can't access it either, but I'm not installing Windows on mine either to find out :)

Thanks for the info!

Bede-x

Oct 25, 2017

Is anyone on here concerned by the rumours of the PS5 pro, and the perceived problems third party developers are having with Xbox (specifically the series S).

Not particularly. If it was something we heard about many games, it would be a problem, but some game using split-screen with a very open map design having issues, is a pretty isolated case. Might also have been the case with Infinite and could create similar issues for upcoming games of that type: Open world split-screen games. Of which there are very few.

Doesn't mean it isn't annoying in those cases though.

thankyoumerzbow

Prophet of Truth
Dec 8, 2020
I know people shit on Xbox allocating chips to xCloud and not toward consoles, but it really isn't as simple as some make it out to be. The demand for cloud is increasing and outpacing the available chips. Xbox needs to find a way to do both, as GTA and Fortnite are clearly very popular on cloud.

View: https://twitter.com/winc_gaming/status/1686457231363948560?s=46&t=iZmz6uoIPPQew8LM4iPOPw

i just spent 10 minutes trying to open tunic to get the quest done lmao

Copilot

Jun 27, 2023
I know people shit on Xbox allocating chips to xCloud and not toward consoles, but it really isn't as simple as some make it out to be. The demand for cloud is increasing and outpacing the available chips. Xbox needs to find a way to do both, as GTA and Fortnite are clearly very popular on cloud.

View: https://twitter.com/winc_gaming/status/1686457231363948560?s=46&t=iZmz6uoIPPQew8LM4iPOPw

I believe Microsoft will push xCloud big after ABK. Starfield, Call of Duty and other ABK games like Diablo IV should do big numbers. Also, should come to more TVs, and que will be able to play our own, non-GamePass games. xCloud will grow soon.

Last edited:
Sep 8, 2019
Status
Not open for further replies.