Which first party game impressed you the most?

• Avowed

Votes: 112 6.8%
  • Clockwork Revolution

Votes: 310 18.9%
  • Fable

Votes: 381 23.3%
  • Hellblade II: Senua's Saga

Votes: 79 4.8%
  • South of Midnight

Votes: 131 8.0%
  • Starfield

Votes: 1,245 76.1%
  • Other (Towerborne, Forza Motorsport, Microsoft Flight Simulator, etc)

Votes: 94 5.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

christocolus

Oct 27, 2017
Idk lol. I can't ask him for an answer. People leave for all sorts of reasons. Not liking the forum or having it become too much of an emotional burden to be on here. Or maybe he just didn't want to be active anymore for whatever reason.
I assumed he just got into an argument with another era user and rage deleted his account. I've seen that happen a lot here too.

VinFTW

Oct 25, 2017
Okay, having to drop Jedi Survivor on XSX. I've tried everything, even with a VRR tv, games are just becoming way ahead of their hardware power these days. How we can't do 4k/60 with these new consoles is pitiful.

I changed my stance on a Pro console, MS pls

Lui

Sep 22, 2022
nyakaro still hasn't had their account deleted lol meanwhile everyone else is fading to dust :(

Gavalanche

Prophet of Regret
Oct 21, 2021
Shellshock was one of my favourites! Which one of you is scaring people off! Wait is it me? Is my Crackdown hatred too much???

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
Okay, having to drop Jedi Survivor on XSX. I've tried everything, even with a VRR tv, games are just becoming way ahead of their hardware power these days. How we can't do 4k/60 with these new consoles is pitiful.

Ever expecting 4K/60 with some Zen 1.5 tier cpus and mid range GPUs was never realistic from the jump

Zebesian-X

Dec 3, 2018

Performance mode is a mess in that game. Quality is solid once you get used to it but it's wild they shipped a framerate mode that just… isn't an actual viable option

Unlovedjew

Oct 26, 2017
i impulse bought a series x from facebook marketplace on a whim for $300 today (replacing my series s), so i think I can replace one or two of the missing folks in here with my charm and platform agonistic vibes. the console itself is alarmingly large compared to the s, i must say

Kromis

Oct 29, 2017
SoCal
i impulse bought a series x from facebook marketplace on a whim for $300 today (replacing my series s), so i think I can replace one or two of the missing folks in here with my charm and platform agonistic vibes. the console itself is alarmingly large compared to the s, i must say

$300 is a steal! What's the catch?

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
It is a big ol solid block compared to the S.

Dabcelwero25

Oct 6, 2021
I don't understand why they are leaving 1 month before Starfield/ABK acquisition.

Even Square Enix returned to Xbox.

We are days away from kicking off the second golden age of Xbox and people are leaving in droves lmao.

Bradbatross

Mar 17, 2018
With the amount of time some people spend on this site, it's probably for the best to take a break every now and then. It doesn't hurt to diversify your hobbies a bit and spend the energy on other parts of your life.

Yoga Flame

Alt-Account
Banned
Sep 8, 2022
Sullivan still hurts. He was part of the ABK ride for 1.5yrs, now where 2-3 weeks from it closing, I'm sure he'd be happy when it does. Would be nice to see that energy on here.

Stibbs

Feb 8, 2023
The 518
Guys if we need I can post about how the CMA is gonna block again on the same cloud thoughts 100 times a day to drive up our numbers, I got this lol

Montresor

Oct 27, 2017
Completing Venba makes the 20th game I've played this year. Absolutely loved it. It is such a well-made game. Very short and very simple in scope, but it has very effective and powerful storytelling. An amazing art style, beautiful music, fun cooking mini-games/puzzles… and most importantly, a really well thought-out and emotional story.

I'd slot Venba as the sixth best game I played this year. The story-telling in this short 2-hour game really elevates the experience.

1. Red Dead Redemption 2: 5/5
2. Yakuza: Like A Dragon: 5/5
3. Hi-Fi Rush: 5/5
4. Persona 5 Royal: 5/5
5. Lost Judgment: 5/5
6. Venba: 5/5
7. Lost Judgment's Kaito Files expansion: 5/5
8. Chicory: A Colorful Tale: 4.5/5
9. Planet of Lana: 4.5/5
10. Forza Horizon 5's Rally Adventure expansion: 4/5
11. High on Life: 4/5
12. Maquette
13. The Last Campfire: 4/5
14. Hi-Fi Rush's Arcade Challenge expansion: 4/5
15. NHL 23: 3.5/5
16. Ravenlok: 3.5/5
17. Dordogne: 3.5/5
18. Immortality: 3.5/5
19. MLB The Show 23: 3/5
20. Like A Dragon: Ishin!: 2.5/5

YozoraXV

Oct 30, 2017
I don't understand why they are leaving 1 month before Starfield/ABK acquisition.

We are days away from kicking off the second golden age of Xbox and people are leaving in droves lmao.

To me it seems the more positive news for Xbox the more the concern trolling gets more time and attention by others who want to bring Xbox down so we never get consistent highs.

Gavalanche

Prophet of Regret
Oct 21, 2021

They are both multi platform users, at least Sullivan is. Maybe the trials and tribulations of Xbox isn't overly important to them. I know if I decided to leave for whatever reason how good or bad Xbox was doing would be pretty low in the scheme of things :p

Aug 23, 2018
wow congrats, and yeah 5 weeks will be very nice.

Lol good luck dude. My 2nd was born five weeks ago, and just like our first, they are not that great of a sleeper. I've just been playing Arcade Paradise in short sessions here and there. I hope you get lucky with yours! Congrats!

Thank you both! And I feel you, Will- and congrats! My 1st was a horrible sleeper, but napped sporadically throughout the day for an hour or 2 here and there. Nights were rough though. I'm overly optimistic that I'll still have more game time than I do now working. We'll see!

VinFTW

Oct 25, 2017
Ever expecting 4K/60 with some Zen 1.5 tier cpus and mid range GPUs was never realistic from the jump
Nah we ain't doing this. This was widely the expectation especially with cross gen games. Also, I don't even need 4k. But even at 1440p some games are struggling to hit consistent 60.

Ales34

Apr 15, 2018

Even high-end PCs are struggling with Jedi Survivor at 4k. Expecting 4k/60 from a console that's much weaker is not realistic. A Pro console likely wouldn't be able to run Survivor at 4k/60, either. The game is an unoptimized mess.

VinFTW

Oct 25, 2017
Even high-end PCs are struggling with Jedi Survivor at 4k. Expecting 4k/60 from a console that's much weaker is not realistic. A Pro console likely wouldn't be able to run Survivor at 4k/60, either. The game is an unoptimized mess.
It's not the only game. Why is Redfall 30fps? Starfield, while immensely ambitious, should have a 60fps mode. Horizon FW 60fps was a shimmering mess too.

Saucycarpdog

Oct 25, 2017
Sad to see shellshock go.

People need to not invest so much emotional energy into this forum or any social media for that matter.

Same with online arguments. If you don't want to argue with someone, just walk away. At the end of the day, we're talking about plastic boxes on a niche forum that is pretty reactionary. Say your piece and move on.

Ales34

Apr 15, 2018
It's not the only game. Why is Redfall 30fps? Starfield, while immensely ambitious, should have a 60fps mode. Horizon FW 60fps was a shimmering mess too.
It seems Arkane simply didn't have the time to get Redfall to run 60fps. As for Starfield, Bethesda's games are famously CPU-intensive. Series X's CPU is similar to Ryzen 5 3600 in performance, which is a low-end budget gaming CPU these days. The game is likely CPU-limited.

knightmawk

Dec 12, 2018
Gods I didn't play Persona 3 for like three days and then I came back tonight and just had no idea what I was doing. These games really are full time jobs. Also Fuuka is fuuking annoying, there I said it.

Lui

Sep 22, 2022
God's I didn't play Persona 3 for like three days and then I came back tonight and just had no idea what I was doing. These games really are full time jobs. Also Fuuka is fuuking annoying, there I said it.
fuuka-persona.gif

no but for real
"gasp the enemy" head ass

SilentEagle

Jan 9, 2021
Completing Venba makes the 20th game I've played this year. Absolutely loved it. It is such a well-made game. Very short and very simple in scope, but it has very effective and powerful storytelling. An amazing art style, beautiful music, fun cooking mini-games/puzzles… and most importantly, a really well thought-out and emotional story.

I'd slot Venba as the sixth best game I played this year. The story-telling in this short 2-hour game really elevates the experience.

1. Red Dead Redemption 2: 5/5
2. Yakuza: Like A Dragon: 5/5
3. Hi-Fi Rush: 5/5
4. Persona 5 Royal: 5/5
5. Lost Judgment: 5/5
6. Venba: 5/5
7. Lost Judgment's Kaito Files expansion: 5/5
8. Chicory: A Colorful Tale: 4.5/5
9. Planet of Lana: 4.5/5
10. Forza Horizon 5's Rally Adventure expansion: 4/5
11. High on Life: 4/5
12. Maquette
13. The Last Campfire: 4/5
14. Hi-Fi Rush's Arcade Challenge expansion: 4/5
15. NHL 23: 3.5/5
16. Ravenlok: 3.5/5
17. Dordogne: 3.5/5
18. Immortality: 3.5/5
19. MLB The Show 23: 3/5
20. Like A Dragon: Ishin!: 2.5/5
Huge congratulations to you for RDR2 and Persona 5 Royal. Both are very long games and beating them in a single year is achievement for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.