Status
Not open for further replies.

ConHaki66

Oct 27, 2017
No idea how reliable this poster is but in that WCCFTECH Rumor thread they said:
If any of that is true, Phil Spencer is really flexing
phil-rocket-launcher.jpg

knightmawk

Dec 12, 2018
God of War is one continuous camera shot.... so essentially it's "one take" in that the screen never breaks away from the main camera to a different camera. It moves around and is cinematic but it is consistently the same uninterrupted camera shot for the entire game.

I keep hearing this and I fully don't remember it. I played the whole game and I love long continuous shots in film, it's one of my favorite things, but I did not notice it in God of War at all. Maybe the loading screens and menus took me out of it enough that I never noticed.

I also don't see how this works or looks good in a first person game.

Oh wow, interesting. I played at least two hours of it and I can't even recall that. But cutscenes do happen, I remember that very clearly.

Bold for me to be replying to this after saying I don't remember it at all, but I went ahead and watched a few cutscenes just now to verify it. Unfortunately I couldn't find any videos of the transition, so I'm just assuming the cutscenes camera was the same camera as the game play camera.

If there were changes in perspective or if there were parts where you focused on other characters, instead of immediately cutting to that perspective, the camera would move or pan, they actually did it pretty gracefully and I'm surprised I didn't notice now, after watching a few clips, maybe it just didn't occur to me that it could happen in a video game so I wasn't looking for it.

Shrennin

Oct 25, 2017
Well it depends what constitutes a AAA game. They are pretty close to doing that now the past few months. just because they say AAA doesn't mean its going to be a AAA game from the past 12 months. it could be a couple years old but still be a AAA game.

I mean, when I hear "AAA" I'm thinking games like Halo, Forza, Gears and what I expect from Fable, Coalition's new project (Perfect Dark..?), etc.

It seems unrealistic to expect it *every* month, maybe every quarter once studios get going and Microsoft plans to expand even more - WB Games acquisition could get them to the every quarter point.

Also note that it's not that I see this as a goal Microsoft wouldn't want - a AAA game every month - it makes sense if we were to look at it in terms of keeping people on Game Pass, but is it realistic? Does Microsoft see that as realistic? I don't think they do. Maybe a game every month of varying degrees of budget - A, AA, and AAA.

sora bora

Oct 27, 2017
I really hope that the Series X has support out the gate with DTS:X, Dolby Atmos, Dolby Vision and HDR10+. These amazing features have been silent for a while.

One of the things that concerns me is the focus on headphone audio (e.g., PS5's audio highlights) over a home theater setup. It makes sense, of course.

I would be shocked if Series X doesn't have bitstream Atmos.

Jul 4, 2018
https://twitter.com/tomwarren/status/1273351007934787585?s=19

Confirmation that X Cloud is likely to be upgraded to Xbox Series X in 2021. This is important as I think this is part of the reason why Microsoft is going to continue to release games cross generation as they will not be able to offer X Cloud for those games until the blades are installed.

If you wanted to know just how insane brand loyalty can get, there's a Twitter user called StadiaFounder already trying to debunk this claim

Absolutely mental

Firenoh

Mar 7, 2019
How many people in this thread are actually planning to buy Series S over Series X (assuming both are real, at $300 and $500, respectively)?
For how much power the Series X is packing, at $500 it's almost a steal. And if not, I can justify they cost by how much money I'll be saving with GPU. It's a little big, but I can make it work, and I kinda doubt the S will be much smaller. Also I wanna see the best next-gen can provide.
Because so far I haven't been all that impressed.

Gundam

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Kiekura For what it's worth, I think your posts in this thread are absolutely fine. I've never had an issue with anything you've posted.

Yeah, all we can do is wait and see :) FWIW I do really like that Deliver Hope cinematic and its more intimate nature, but a Halo game is going to have to go widescreen at some point. I just think about the cutscenes in, say, Halo 3, and how well shot and framed they are, how they really drive home the scale of the universe, and then dive in close as the characters jump into action.

Same :) I'm always here for Remedy.

Yeah, the Deliver Hope trailer is great, don't get me wrong. But as you allude to, and I as replied to classybanjokazooie above, it's Halo. We need to see that scale.

Yeah, cutscenes do happen, but as the game is already in third person, it's much easier to do - the camera sits behind Kratos' shoulder during gameplay, and then you seamlessly swing it out for cutscenes (I don't mean to imply this is a simple thing, I'm sure it took a hell of a lot of work and finesse from Sony Santa Monica! Just saying, when your camera is already external, it's easier to justify).

I will say though, if I hadn't been told God of War was a single take all the way through, I honestly don't think I would have noticed. It never really occurred to me while playing.

(apologies if these replies are hopelessly out of date by the time my post gets through, I seem to be getting a ton of connection errors to the site atm)

staying close to MC and his 7 Cortana clones will help recapture the sense of mystery of Halo 1 and the intimacy of Halo 4.

I have no idea how you would transition from first person to a flying third person camera in cutscenes without it looking goofy but I think it's a good move on paper

Nov 23, 2018
There are more people on this forum who responded saying they were planning to purchase Series S over X than I expected. The different reasonings behind the expected decisions are solid and now I better understand all the Series S speculation.

DeoGame

Dec 11, 2018
Anyone think Turtle Rock or IO may join XGS/become Second Party? We know MS approached them before but WB won out. Now that IO has left WB to self publish despite having a contract, Turtle Rock may too. I suspect this is due to WB being sold off. Could see MS publish Back 4 Blood and buy one or both of them in the future. Idk.

Betamaxbandit

Jan 30, 2018
I see the lazy old "mom and dad" will get confused by diff SKUs argument is out in full force in that lockheart rumour thread. And perpetuated by a mod no less.

There seems to be a notion that today's parents are from the 1900s or something and can't even work a TV.

InfinityDOK

Dec 3, 2018
If they did grab a polish studio I think it would not be Techland as they have already denied those rumors last month I think, could people can fly or The Astronauts if I remember correctly, think phil talked about loving the vanishing of Ethan Carter on twitter a few years ago (though it might have been a similar game idk), and people can fly have had a history with MS with Gears: Judgement.

The article seems like a fever dream. I think MS could have a good show, maybe even better than sony. I mean for me if we see Halo, Obsidian RPG, Fable, Motorsport 8, Perfect Dark, and, Fable that would mic drop moment for MS. I just don't see them unloading all of that at once, especially when they have talked about wanting to spread out game announcements.

Last edited:

Biggzy

Oct 27, 2017
Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't they state that the Series X hardware in xCloud would be used to emulate 4 instances of a One S on a single blade? I guess they could have a mode where it does that for XBO/360 games and then a mode where it runs the Series C (or S) spec for next gen games.

Clearly I'm well versed in this area and am an expert, lmao

No you are correct, which is another reason to upgrade asap since it will reduce the number of blades Microsoft will need.

i need all the power! :)

Save some for the rest of us ok lol.

If you wanted to know just how insane brand loyalty can get, there's a Twitter user called StadiaFounder already trying to debunk this claim

Absolutely mental

Some people honestly lol. Tom Warren is like the most legit source for all things Microsoft that you can get.

Grazzt

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Brisbane, Australia
Can't wait to preorder my XSX. I think I'm gonna preorder it from the Microsoft store this time since I have some credit left there. Hope they can deliver the console on the launch day.

Dodger

May 30, 2020
I just hope the pre orders go up soon. I will say that $500 is my upper limit price, though I'm an all digital gamer so I will take a discless console with the same specs to get to that price.

Look MS and Sony, we know the things are $500, cut the foreplay and just tell us already.

Teamocil

Oct 25, 2017
https://twitter.com/tomwarren/status/1273351007934787585?s=19

Confirmation that X Cloud is likely to be upgraded to Xbox Series X in 2021. This is important as I think this is part of the reason why Microsoft is going to continue to release games cross generation as they will not be able to offer X Cloud for those games until the blades are installed.
In another post he says that MS is planning to make xCloud part of Game Pass later this year. Absolutely insane value, especially if its compatible with PC. Imagine being able to play those Xbox Game Pass console games on PC too!!

bcatwilly

Oct 27, 2017
Man, Grounded is so cool. I just played the demo for the third time and started getting the hang of crafting more. This game could be something special as an IP for them if they mature this game, very excited for Game Preview release July 28 on Game Pass.

Biggzy

Oct 27, 2017
In another post he says that MS is planning to make xCloud part of Game Pass later this year. Absolutely insane value, especially if its compatible with PC. Imagine being able to play those Xbox Game Pass console games on PC too!!

It's the obvious thing to do if you think about it. Not only is a great plus to be able to play your games everywhere, but this should mean you don't even need a Xbox or PC to subscribe to Gamepass.

Mifune

Oct 30, 2017
Man, Grounded is so cool. I just played the demo for the third time and started getting the hang of crafting more. This game could be something special as an IP for them if they mature this game, very excited for Game Preview release July 28 on Game Pass.

Yeah. I mean, usually with timed demos I hit the end and am like, "Well, that's enough of that." But with Grounded I dove right into another playthrough. The world is super interesting and dangerous and gives me a sense of exploration I haven't experienced since like Fallout 3.

GING-SAMA

Banned
Jul 10, 2019
Obsidian + Ray Tracing Global illumination/Shadows + next gen = 🔥

Impressed grounded lighting

I think Obsidian next AAA RPG will be breathtaking visually.

cyrribrae

Chicken Chaser
Jan 21, 2019
Is there a chance or that wccftech rumor being true? In this case I mean the part about new studio?
The real question is whether you believe eastmen. On the forums, seems like they're treated as someone who could know something - but that may or may not mean anything. What they're saying could even be true and yet not be what we expect either.

Prepared for $400 doesn't mean $400. AAA games may mean something diff to MS. After all, Crackdown 3 was considered AAA but many people wouldn't agree (it's a fuzzy thing). Talking to 5 studios could mean just that - and yet end in nothing. There's a world where the dude is 100% right and yet nothing comes of any of it. Hopefully, it's something more measured, in the middle hahaha.

Bloodforge

Oct 25, 2017
Earth
I honestly wouldn't be surprised if the Series S model isn't shown until after the X launches and then it launches 6 months after the X.

Oct 27, 2017
Is there a chance or that wccftech rumor being true? In this case I mean the part about new studio?
Are you talking about the 5 studios referenced from Eastmen, who wccftech referenced, or the post about the Polish studio from a poster in the thread?

From what I have heard from Polish devs, this seems quite possible. There are certainly 2 consoles but afaik price point seemingly hasn't been decided yet. Microsoft is willing to take a big loss on every single unit, though.

What is more, I heard that Microsoft was trying to acquire couple and successfully acquired one of the biggest Polish game devs which will also be announced on July event.

Detective Pidgey

Alt Account
Banned
Jun 4, 2019
The real question is whether you believe eastmen. On the forums, seems like they're treated as someone who could know something - but that may or may not mean anything. What they're saying could even be true and yet not be what we expect either.

Prepared for $400 doesn't mean $400. AAA games may mean something diff to MS. After all, Crackdown 3 was considered AAA but many people wouldn't agree (it's a fuzzy thing). Talking to 5 studios could mean just that - and yet end in nothing. There's a world where the dude is 100% right and yet nothing comes of any of it. Hopefully, it's something more measured, in the middle hahaha.

Oh they were the same source that said a AAA game every month? 399 would be insane for the XSX and I just don't see that happening, but hey, i sure as hell would like that to happen.

Are you talking about the 5 studios referenced from Eastmen, who wccftech referenced, or the post about the Polish studio from a poster in the thread?

The Polish one, the one that seems to be happening, if we believe that source, that is. I should read it again, I had no idea about the 5 studios thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.