Status
Not open for further replies.

Detective Pidgey

Alt Account
Banned
Jun 4, 2019
Not sure it's you who moves the camera though. I think it's likely it simply turns automatically so your character (or whatever they want your attention concentrated in) is the focus

Ah yes, well.....I'm taking the wait and see approach with this one. It's kind of unfortunate because I think this camera perspective won't bring out the visuals in the best way it could. Kinda how I see isometric games as well. At the same time there's The Ascent and that does look good. I just thought first or third person was a given for Bloober, ah well.

MS and Sony gonna stare each other down for prices until November at this point.

Yes, it's basically like a Wild West duel, who's gonna shoot first?

Seems like they are starting marketing on this one.

Nice! I'm ready. At first I thought nothing of the game when I looked up PC footage, but that XO19 trailer surprised me.

Curious if the SP version makes the Series X launch also. Only care about the SP to be fair.

Seems very doubtful. The only thing we know is that Remedy is making it. Of course, a gameplay reveal in July is entirely possible and then a release later this year. Would be really dope and that XSX launch would be getting better and better.

Not that you really need another shooter when you have a behemoth like Halo Infinite.

knightmawk

Dec 12, 2018
How many people in this thread are actually planning to buy Series S over Series X (assuming both are real, at $300 and $500, respectively)?

I haven't bought a console at launch except for the Switch.... Ever, but the launch lineup of the Xbox is looking strong. I think if I do buy at launch I'll buy the S, just because I just bought a One SAD over the holidays. Maybe if I can get a good deal for my SAD I'll consider the X, but the S will be fine and it'll allow me to get a PS5 potentially sooner once Sony throws out some release dates.

sora bora

Oct 27, 2017
I don't know if this is on point for this thread, but interesting audio features starting to deploy for Insiders:

DTS Sound Unbound is a new app which brings along with it a new Headset Format Audio setting called DTS:X for Headphones.
  • Once you obtain the free 24-hour trial license from within the DTS Sound Unbound app (which can be extended infinitely throughout the flight period), try out your favorite games—especially ones with Spatial Sound support! Media apps will also benefit from this format.

news.xbox.com

Xbox Insider Release Notes - Alpha Ring (2007.200616-0000) - Xbox Wire

Hey Alpha ring users! Today’s Xbox Insider Release Notes highlight the latest fixes, known issues, and features coming to your console...

DeoGame

Dec 11, 2018
This game is going completely under the radar. It is apparently really popular in Korea and Remedy is making the single player portion. This may be a sleeper hit for. Microsoft.
It wouldn't surprise me. Look at how well Valorant is doing. There is certainly a market for precision based shooters and this one lets console gamers in on the fun.

Sep 8, 2019
Trying to start Grounded but there's the same problem I had with Ninja Gaiden II.

The Game starts > Blackscreen > Menu > "See in Microsoft Store/You are too early" any tips?

DeoGame

Dec 11, 2018
How many people in this thread are actually planning to buy Series S over Series X (assuming both are real, at $300 and $500, respectively)?
I bought One S this gen but I want the better system next gen now that I got a 4K TV with Dolby Vision and HDR on a great sale. So Series X for me. If I was still using my old 1080p TV, then Series S for sure.

Neural

Oct 27, 2017
Italy
That rumor is crazy and it probably won't happen, but just imagine the moment at the event: new trailer, showing Xbox Series X and these words filling the screen in slow succession on a black background:

SMALLER.

MOST POWERFUL.

CHEAPER.

$399

It would be a crazy moment and it would be a real pity to see it happen without a live cheering crowd :D

Detective Pidgey

Alt Account
Banned
Jun 4, 2019
That rumor is crazy and it probably won't happen, but just imagine the moment at the event: new trailer, showing Xbox Series X and these words filling the screen in slow succession on a black background:

SMALLER.

MOST POWERFUL.

CHEAPER.

$399

It would be a crazy moment and it would be a real pity to see it happen without a live cheering crowd :D

That's from the Wccftech.com rumor, right? If all that is true the show is going to be something special, they want to show all the big players they mean business. The guy who comes with the rumors is not just some random person too...interesting. But we will see!

Kibbles

Oct 25, 2017
I don't know if this is on point for this thread, but interesting audio features starting to deploy for Insiders:

DTS Sound Unbound is a new app which brings along with it a new Headset Format Audio setting called DTS:X for Headphones.
  • Once you obtain the free 24-hour trial license from within the DTS Sound Unbound app (which can be extended infinitely throughout the flight period), try out your favorite games—especially ones with Spatial Sound support! Media apps will also benefit from this format.

news.xbox.com

Hey Alpha ring users! Today’s Xbox Insider Release Notes highlight the latest fixes, known issues, and features coming to your console...
Will this work if we already bought it on PC?

Heretic

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
After my 4th playthrough of the Grounded demo I simply have to say it: the fact this game and its world was build by 14 people is mind-blowing.

It feels like a labor of love by the team with so many details everywhere while maintaining a level of polish you rarely see for survival games — even at this point in development already.

Can't wait for the co-op experience!
What's the point of the game? Is there an end-game?

Aug 23, 2018
m3ryok6196551.jpg

❤️

I don't expect that.

I don't doubt you, but how Xbox marketing will pretend Lockhart doesn't exist for at least 2 more months is wild. Or it actually doesn't exist.

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
What's the point of the game? Is there an end-game?
Well, we don't know the full story for SP. Previous footage has said there are some odd tech things in the world, so maybe that hints towards the end goal. For the MP its a sandbox survival game with base building and bug whacking.

speedomodel

Oct 27, 2017
I don't really know if the Series X will be as cheap as people are saying. I do think the Lockhart will be lower than we think. Super cheap, get people in and subscribed.

Neural

Oct 27, 2017
Italy
Trying to start Grounded but there's the same problem I had with Ninja Gaiden II.

The Game starts > Blackscreen > Menu > "See in Microsoft Store/You are too early" any tips?
You didn't download the Grounded Insider Flight, but just the preload for the game that's coming in late July. You have to go in the Xbox Insider app and then get it from there.

pswii60

Oct 27, 2017
The Milky Way

SMALLER.

MOST POWERFUL.

CHEAPER.

$399

Marketing 101: Never use the word "cheaper". You don't want your product to be seen as "cheap".

Chaos Legion

The Wise Ones
Oct 30, 2017
If the XSS is $200, I'll buy it at launch.

I wasn't planning on getting an XSX because I don't game as much to justify two consoles. But Microsoft has the potential to have more interesting exclusives (from all the acquisitions) to me since my X360 and I'm not feeling the franchises Sony is focused on, so I'm now reconsidering the PS5 for the XSX.

We'll see after the July show.

Sep 8, 2019
You didn't download the Grounded Insider Flight, but just the preload for the game that's coming in late July. You have to go in the Xbox Insider app and then get it from there.
Insider and downloaded/joined the flight as I said I had ot have? (didn't try it) the same problem with Ninja Gaiden which was a non insider game

RoKKeR

Oct 25, 2017
In regards to Halo Infinite and it being compared to God of War in another thread.....what is meant with this?

I genuinely have no idea what is meant here?
God of War is one continuous camera shot.... so essentially it's "one take" in that the screen never breaks away from the main camera to a different camera. It moves around and is cinematic but it is consistently the same uninterrupted camera shot for the entire game.

GING-SAMA

Banned
Jul 10, 2019
Marketing 101: Never use the word "cheaper". You don't want your product to be seen as "cheap".

This.

Value needed. Even on Series S!

Series S don't need to be "kids consoles", but really great value.

Lockhart must be the apple TV for gamer and that it offers an xCloud & Game Pass offer or we can stream its games in 4K60FPS (Series X Blade) for a little more expensive.

XGP - 9,99$
XGPU + xCloud offer (Series S blade for free) - 14,99$
XGPU + xCloud (Series X blade, 4K60FPSn ultra textures etc...) - 17,99$

Last edited:

Neural

Oct 27, 2017
Italy
Insider and downloaded/joined the flight as I said I had ot have? (didn't try it) the same problem with Ninja Gaiden which was a non insider game
Is the game thumbnail on the UI showing the "Xbox Insider Flight" words? Cause I downloaded the other one, the one from the Store, and I had the same behavior you described. Then I downloaded the one from the Insider app, which shows those words, and it's fine.

Sep 8, 2019
Is the game thumbnail on the UI showing the "Xbox Insider Flight" words? Cause I downloaded the other one, the one from the Store, and I had the same behavior you described. Then I downloaded the one from the Insider app, which shows those words, and it's fine.
I've the flight only installed (I don't like to have so many games installed which I never use) but the fix for me was to leave/rejoin the insider/flight test and reinstall the game.

Detective Pidgey

Alt Account
Banned
Jun 4, 2019
God of War is one continuous camera shot.... so essentially it's "one take" in that the screen never breaks away from the main camera to a different camera. It moves around and is cinematic but it is consistently the same uninterrupted camera shot for the entire game.

Oh wow, interesting. I played at least two hours of it and I can't even recall that. But cutscenes do happen, I remember that very clearly.

RoKKeR

Oct 25, 2017
https://twitter.com/tomwarren/status/1273351007934787585?s=19

Confirmation that X Cloud is likely to be upgraded to Xbox Series X in 2021. This is important as I think this is part of the reason why Microsoft is going to continue to release games cross generation as they will not be able to offer X Cloud for those games until the blades are installed.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't they state that the Series X hardware in xCloud would be used to emulate 4 instances of a One S on a single blade? I guess they could have a mode where it does that for XBO/360 games and then a mode where it runs the Series C (or S) spec for next gen games.

Clearly I'm well versed in this area and am an expert, lmao

Shrennin

Oct 25, 2017

SMALLER.

MOST POWERFUL.

CHEAPER.

$399

I feel like if they are truly targeting $399, then they don't need to worry about announcing price first. Worst thing Sony would do would be match $399. They won't go lower than that, guaranteed since $399 is already dream level pricing.

With that said, get Sony committed to $499 and then come out with $399 would be a blow from Microsoft.

Eamon

Prophet of Truth
Apr 22, 2020
So we have pondered what the many Xbox Game Studios titles could be for the upcoming July showcase, but that got me to thinking what developers Xbox Game Studios Publishing would potentially be partnering with - after the Playstation 5 event last week, we saw several developers align themselves with Sony - and it is very likely that Xbox has their own lining up aswell. Who do we think are the likely third party partners?

Iron Galaxy has a track record of support with their work on Killer Instinct, and we saw Crytek release Ryse at the Xbox One launch. I'm not entirely sure what Platinum's road map looks like at the moment, but it would be a pretty hype moment to have them back on an Xbox "stage".

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So we have pondered what the many Xbox Game Studios titles could be for the upcoming July showcase, but that got me to thinking what developers Xbox Game Studios Publishing would potentially be partnering with - after the Playstation 5 event last week, we saw several developers align themselves with Sony - and it is very likely that Xbox has their own lining up aswell. Who do we think are the likely third party partners?

Iron Galaxy has a track record of support with their work on Killer Instinct, and we saw Crytek release Ryse at the Xbox One launch. I'm not entirely sure what Platinum's road map looks like at the moment, but it would be a pretty hype moment to have them back on an Xbox "stage".
Pretty certain, given the investment by Tencent; Platinum is trying their own thing by owning their own IP's and self publishing future games

Dokkaebi G0SU

Nov 2, 2017

news.xbox.com

I really hope that the Series X has support out the gate with DTS:X, Dolby Atmos, Dolby Vision and HDR10+. These amazing features have been silent for a while.

In Amber Clad

rather sultry
Aug 26, 2018
London
Kiekura For what it's worth, I think your posts in this thread are absolutely fine. I've never had an issue with anything you've posted.

I agree with you, it might be a bit jarring.
But I guess we'll have to wait and see if it works once we experience it ourselves.

Yeah, all we can do is wait and see :) FWIW I do really like that Deliver Hope cinematic and its more intimate nature, but a Halo game is going to have to go widescreen at some point. I just think about the cutscenes in, say, Halo 3, and how well shot and framed they are, how they really drive home the scale of the universe, and then dive in close as the characters jump into action.

Curious if the SP version makes the Series X launch also. Only care about the SP to be fair.

Same :) I'm always here for Remedy.

We'll see, I thought it was done pretty well in the trailer. Still, it's an interesting choice, as it means we'll only witness events in the immediate vicinity of Master Chief.

Yeah, the Deliver Hope trailer is great, don't get me wrong. But as you allude to, and I as replied to classybanjokazooie above, it's Halo. We need to see that scale.

Oh wow, interesting. I played at least two hours of it and I can't even recall that. But cutscenes do happen, I remember that very clearly.

Yeah, cutscenes do happen, but as the game is already in third person, it's much easier to do - the camera sits behind Kratos' shoulder during gameplay, and then you seamlessly swing it out for cutscenes (I don't mean to imply this is a simple thing, I'm sure it took a hell of a lot of work and finesse from Sony Santa Monica! Just saying, when your camera is already external, it's easier to justify).

I will say though, if I hadn't been told God of War was a single take all the way through, I honestly don't think I would have noticed. It never really occurred to me while playing.

(apologies if these replies are hopelessly out of date by the time my post gets through, I seem to be getting a ton of connection errors to the site atm)

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
No idea how reliable this poster is but in that WCCFTECH Rumor thread they said:

From what I have heard from Polish devs, this seems quite possible. There are certainly 2 consoles but afaik price point seemingly hasn't been decided yet. Microsoft is willing to take a big loss on every single unit, though.

What is more, I heard that Microsoft was trying to acquire couple and successfully acquired one of the biggest Polish game devs which will also be announced on July event.

Status
Not open for further replies.