Status
Not open for further replies.

Munki

Apr 30, 2019
All aboard the Hype Infinity - Xbox 20/20?
Let's go!

uCv0eNn.jpg
Reserve a seat for me please.

biglo25

Apr 28, 2020
I think Xbox needs to change the perception of xbox having no games in july because that memeing is always annoying to hear.

Detective Pidgey

Alt Account
Banned
Jun 4, 2019
Yea eventually hardware moves on. I don't expect the iPhone 4 to run the exact same games as iPhone 11 Pro. At some point, hardware is dropped and moved on.

But we aren't going to get "clean breaks" where every single developer drops support and moves on all at once.

I think we're going to see Ubi, EA (to an extent, BF seems next gen only) Activision all supporting the current gen for at least another year or more. Actually quite similar to MS. Is Sony really going to stop making games for PS4 as soon as 5 launches I wonder?

VeePs

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Is Sony really going to stop making games for PS4 as soon as 5 launches I wonder?

Zhuge commented awhile back that we'll see cross-gen games for PS4. You can use the search bar, type in his name, and probably find it. He also said some PS4 projects were moved onto PS5.

Probably (hopefully) my last comment on the cross-gen stuff: Honestly, games are games. When the 360 launched I spent most of my time playing Halo 2 lol. My most played game during the PS4 launch wasn't Killzone, it was Battlefield 4 - a cross-gen game (and shit I still haven't played Ryse even though it was a exclusive game for Xbox One & I have Game Pass).

The game I'm most looking forward to this year besides Halo Infinite (and maaaybe Cyberpunk)? Mario 3D World for Switch. A game that originally came out in 2013. I can't wait to play it.

Pitchfork

Oct 28, 2017
England
Hey, new OT!

Most exciting potential next gen reveal for me from XGS would have to be Obsidian's rumoured fantasy RPG. Fable is a very VERY close second though

VeePs

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Let's get down to brass tacks. What studios are gonna be acquired?

Three Fields Entertainment and lets finally get a high budget successor to Burnout.

Call it Forza Street 👀.

(Honestly I just want Three Fields to get a bigger budget to play with lol. Would love a new Burnout!)

DeoGame

Dec 11, 2018
Speculation time, what do you think they'll do and show for the July event?
Unrealistic July Dream

Cold Open:
XGS Extended Logo with new Games.

Halo Infinite trailer starts. Brohammer finds Chief. We need to fight, all that jazz. Chief jumps out the back of the Pelican onto Delta Halo for a 10 minute vertical slice with new vehicles (boats!), fauna and Brutes. Hint at story. Flighting begins August.

The camera pulls out and shows Infinite side by side on One X and Series X. Game looks great on One X, but Series X is 4k, 60fps with raytracing. Looks incredible.

Finally, we're on a virtual stage constructed using stock footage from prior E3's. Phil walks out, thanks everyone for their support in these tough times. Reiterates the power of Series X. Says they have a ton to show and passes it off to Matt Booty.

Booty says all devs are working on Series X and introduces Techland, Asobo and JP Games to the family. Techland shows off Dying Light 2. Asobo Flight Sim (Series X launch). JP shows a work in progress look at a new IP.

Then we get into XGS as we know them today.

Turn 10: 5 Minute demo for FM8. Career now has a story of rising through the ranks. Light RPG elements. Rest is pure Forza.

Compulsion: Teaser for New IP.

Obsidian: In-Engine footage of new IP, Outer Worlds DLC.

InXile: MIA. Too early.

The Initiative: Perfect Dark cinematic teaser shown. Daisy Ridley is Joanna. Interview with her and Darell Gallagher.

Global Publishing: New IPs from Crytek and Dontnod.

World's Edge: Saved for PC Gaming Show

Coalition: Gears Tactics Series X port launch day.

Double Fine: Extended Psychonauts 2 look, quirky interview with team with tease of new Multiplayer IP.

Ninja Theory: Good news is Project Mara is fasstracked for Q1 2021. Bad news is Hellblade 2 is pushed back due to Covid shutting down mocap. Planned for 2022.

PlayGround Games: Fable extended gameplay. Summer 2021 launch. And Forza Horizon 5. Thanksgiving 2021 launch.

Undead Labs: Brief look at State of Decay 3. It's an MMO.

Rare: Everwild look with extended gameplay. Spring 2021. Battletoads look. Summer 2020.

343: Halo Infinite (duh). Halo Wars 3 teased.

Mojang: Project 2 teased. Minecraft with Raytracing and Pathtracing day 1.

Event ends with Jason Ronald and Phil talking price. Series X undercuts PS5 50-100 bucks. Lockhart 250 USD.

Wait... one last thing! Banjo Redooie. Remake of original and Tooie with a connected overworld. Developed by Gears for Breakfast.

Deleted member 56752

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
May 15, 2019
Zhuge commented awhile back that we'll see cross-gen games for PS4. You can use the search bar, type in his name, and probably find it. He also said some PS4 projects were moved onto PS5.

Probably (hopefully) my last comment on the cross-gen stuff: Honestly, games are games. When the 360 launched I spent most of my time playing Halo 2 lol. My most played game during the PS4 launch wasn't Killzone, it was Battlefield 4 - a cross-gen game (and shit I still haven't played Ryse even though it was a exclusive game for Xbox One & I have Game Pass).

The game I'm most looking forward to this year besides Halo Infinite (and maaaybe Cyberpunk)? Mario 3D World for Switch. A game that originally came out in 2013. I can't wait to play it.
I'm looking forward to Valhalla

VeePs

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
I'm looking forward to Valhalla

I'm still playing Odyssey lol. The DLC looks pretty cool so I'm slowly working my way there. Usually I skip one-two Assassins Creed games and then play the third release or so. Helps prevent franchise fatigue/burnout.

Hopefully we see another Valhalla trailer at the event, I know Ubisoft has their own show around July 12 (?) or so.

shinobi602

Verified
Oct 24, 2017
Unrealistic July Dream

Cold Open:
XGS Extended Logo with new Games.

Halo Infinite trailer starts. Brohammer finds Chief. We need to fight, all that jazz. Chief jumps out the back of the Pelican onto Delta Halo for a 10 minute vertical slice with new vehicles (boats!), fauna and Brutes. Hint at story. Flighting begins August.

The camera pulls out and shows Infinite side by side on One X and Series X. Game looks great on One X, but Series X is 4k, 60fps with raytracing. Looks incredible.

Finally, we're on a virtual stage constructed using stock footage from prior E3's. Phil walks out, thanks everyone for their support in these tough times. Reiterates the power of Series X. Says they have a ton to show and passes it off to Matt Booty.

Booty says all devs are working on Series X and introduces Techland, Asobo and JP Games to the family. Techland shows off Dying Light 2. Asobo Flight Sim (Series X launch). JP shows a work in progress look at a new IP.

Then we get into XGS as we know them today.

Turn 10: 5 Minute demo for FM8. Career now has a story of rising through the ranks. Light RPG elements. Rest is pure Forza.

Compulsion: Teaser for New IP.

Obsidian: In-Engine footage of new IP, Outer Worlds DLC.

InXile: MIA. Too early.

The Initiative: Perfect Dark cinematic teaser shown. Daisy Ridley is Joanna. Interview with her and Darell Gallagher.

Global Publishing: New IPs from Crytek and Dontnod.

World's Edge: Saved for PC Gaming Show

Coalition: Gears Tactics Series X port launch day.

Double Fine: Extended Psychonauts 2 look, quirky interview with team with tease of new Multiplayer IP.

Ninja Theory: Good news is Project Mara is fasstracked for Q1 2021. Bad news is Hellblade 2 is pushed back due to Covid shutting down mocap. Planned for 2022.

PlayGround Games: Fable extended gameplay. Summer 2021 launch. And Forza Horizon 5. Thanksgiving 2021 launch.

Undead Labs: Brief look at State of Decay 3. It's an MMO.

Rare: Everwild look with extended gameplay. Spring 2021. Battletoads look. Summer 2020.

343: Halo Infinite (duh). Halo Wars 3 teased.

Mojang: Project 2 teased. Minecraft with Raytracing and Pathtracing day 1.

Event ends with Jason Ronald and Phil talking price. Series X undercuts PS5 50-100 bucks. Lockhart 250 USD.

Wait... one last thing! Banjo Redooie. Remake of original and Tooie with a connected overworld. Developed by Gears for Breakfast.
Aspects of that are unrealistic, yeah.

bsigg

Oct 25, 2017
Hmm, I think Xbox is going to announce xCloud is going to allow you to play games while they download to the Series X in 2 weeks during their June event with IGN.

Hawk269

Oct 26, 2017
Yay at the new thread...boo at the name....

Hope this thread delivers as the last one was pretty great but had some really rough last 20 pages or so. Let's be nice to each other, respect one another and most of all....GO XBOX!

RoKKeR

Oct 25, 2017
But why...

Anyways, really anticipating the first party showing. Still a ways to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.