• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Failwood

Oct 27, 2017
its obviously something they stick to. a cherry picking narrative which ignored so much that was already created and released on the xbox platform.
they say, "mer mer mer mer only these 3 games on xbox, i have a new game with 10/10 - ha haaaaa"
Honestly I want to disagree, but a lot of interactions I have with Sony fans come down to this.

Sep 19, 2019
Hamburg- Germany
I'm just thinking of it from a PlayStation fan's perspective. What are Xbox doing for their new console? Rebooting Halo, Fable and Perfect Dark. What is going to turn the tide and quell the naysayers? lol. I think it's a big slate of varied games that all have equal backing from Xbox.

Halo, Fable and Perfect Dark plus Hellblade and EverWild plus Forza 8 and Horizon 5 plus hints at Compulsion, Obsidian and Double Fine's games that are a couple of years off, might be enough for us... but it stills sounds pretty safe.
Xbox Global Publishing is a pretty big wildcard as this could be pretty much anything.

Windu

Oct 25, 2017
I'm just thinking of it from a PlayStation fan's perspective. What are Xbox doing for their new console? Rebooting Halo, Fable and Perfect Dark. What is going to turn the tide and quell the naysayers? lol. I think it's a big slate of varied games that all have equal backing from Xbox.

Halo, Fable and Perfect Dark plus Hellblade and EverWild plus Forza 8 and Horizon 5 plus hints at Compulsion, Obsidian and Double Fine's games that are a couple of years off, might be enough for us... but it stills sounds pretty safe.
These days, very few games make people switch platforms imo. There are waaaayyy too many good games out with too little time to play them. People will happily wait until a game comes to their platform of choice or becomes so cheap that the cost is negligible. Best way to reach New customers is to go to them, not wait for them to come to you. Seems like that is Microsoft's strategy.

Sep 19, 2019
Hamburg- Germany
These days, very few games make people switch platforms imo. There are waaaayyy too many good games out with too little time to play them. People will happily wait until a game comes to their platform of choice or becomes so cheap that the cost is negligible.

That's true.

There are people telling me I should get a playstation for game X and I am like I would like to but i have a backlog and no time. Even sales are mostly expired already when I dare to have a look at it and when I buy a game it defintively will be unplayed for a while so I learned to just sit out most sales.

Dokkaebi G0SU

Nov 2, 2017
After chiming in the poll thread of which console i'd prefer, i got to thinking about potential skins for the series x. lol
so much potential for customization.

Johnson

Jan 8, 2018
These days, very few games make people switch platforms imo. There are waaaayyy too many good games out with too little time to play them. People will happily wait until a game comes to their platform of choice or becomes so cheap that the cost is negligible. Best way to reach New customers is to go to them, not wait for them to come to you. Seems like that is Microsoft's strategy.
They can't really go to PS5 though and that's where most people are going to end up. This is their one big opportunity to change people's minds.

Fizie

Jan 21, 2018

There will be Global Publishing titles in the mix too.

Never understood this fascination with new IPs - I definitely think a lot of the time it's purely concern trolling. People are pretty damn excited about new Spiderman, Horizon, Astrobot, Gran Turismo etc entries. Heck look at the Silent Hill thread - huge hype for the rumoured return of that IP.

Detective Pidgey

Alt Account
Banned
Jun 4, 2019
Wouldn't it be something if Lockhart turns out to be the exact same specs wise as XSX, just without a disc drive? I realize the chance of that is second to none but it would be exactly like how Sony is gonna do it. And depending on price I might decide to get that instead of the XSX, since I barely ever buy a physical copy anymore.

But what would that do, shave off 50 bucks or so? I doubt only removing the disc drive would mean 100 bucks off.

Dokkaebi G0SU

Nov 2, 2017
Wouldn't it be something if Lockhart turns out to be the exact same specs wise as XSX, just without a disc drive? I realize the chance of that is second to none but it would be exactly like how Sony is gonna do it. And depending on price I might decide to get that instead of the XSX, since I barely ever buy a physical copy anymore.

But what would that do, shave off 50 bucks or so? I doubt only removing the disc drive would mean 100 bucks off.
i think as long as the messaging of lockhart can be reported and shared as something more powerful than the one x, itll be fine. right now with the rumored specs of it being 4tf, people won't care about the details and will cling on 6 vs 4.

Deleted member 10847

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Still dont think that PD will be present, and if it is it will be a small CGI teaser trailer, no way they already have gameplay segments ready to be shown.

Saci do PXB

Nov 12, 2017
If MS hypothetically bought Netherrealm and MK, KI officially dies.

Humm, I don't see that way.
While I don't believe in this negotiation, let's suppose this happens.
Probably we could get a next installment of KI with a very unique approach. Today, more than never, we have some solid guide lines for what a KI game should need to have. There's a identity for this game.
So, since Netherrealm use this guide lines, we could have a great new game, high profile one I say.

Bosch

Banned
May 15, 2019
I hope Turn10 remake their light engine to a more realistic one and to set right the colours...

Second hope a remade single player experience.

Can't wait for Forza 8.

Detective Pidgey

Alt Account
Banned
Jun 4, 2019
i think as long as the messaging of lockhart can be reported and shared as something more powerful than the one x, itll be fine. right now with the rumored specs of it being 4tf, people won't care about the details and will cling on 6 vs 4.

Oh I see. I wasn't even aware of the specs. I just didn't care all that much for it. It certainly is interesting if it's weaker in TF, but it has been argued by some that TFs aren't the end all be all. Like you said, if they bring the message and probably proof that it's better than One X it should be fine.

KrAzEd

Oct 27, 2017
Brooklyn, NY
I think this would disappoint me more than a poor showing for Halo, to be honest.

Fable is the worst kept secret in the gaming industry. I'd bet money it exists and we will see it in some form at the show. PD on the other hand could be just rumors and/or we don't see it at the show at all, although my bet is we get a tease at the end.

Eamon

Prophet of Truth
Apr 22, 2020
Fable is the worst kept secret in the gaming industry. I'd bet money it exists and we will see it in some form at the show. PD on the other hand could be just rumors and/or we don't see it at the show at all, although my bet is we get a tease at the end.
I know there was another thread discussing whether Halo opens/closes the show - and now, thinking about it a bit more, it seems like the best move is to close it out with a Perfect Dark gameplay trailer (in the vein of Watch Dogs from e3 2012). Make it clear that it is a next gen Xbox exclusive, and I think you have a hype way to close out the show.

Fizie

Jan 21, 2018
Don't think even the biggest fanboys would get away with that, considering all we've heard since the PS5 spec reveal is that teraflops don't matter and that they don't tell the whole story (lol).

Deleted member 69222

Banned
May 14, 2020
Humm, I don't see that way.
While I don't believe in this negotiation, let's suppose this happens.
Probably we could get a next installment of KI with a very unique approach. Today, more than never, we have some solid guide lines for what a KI game should need to have. There's a identity for this game.
So, since Netherrealm use this guide lines, we could have a great new game, high profile one I say.

Yeah, if we suppose that MS somehow bought NRS, then I'm sure that they would make a great KI game.
But if Mortal Kombat came with this hypothetical deal, then it will probably take KI's place because it's so much more popular and successful.

Teamocil

Oct 25, 2017
Just came here to post exactly this. The concern trolling is blatant, bizarre, and painfully obnoxious:

Lack of a UI revision makes the system joyless
Xbox Series X design is cold, calculated and apathetic
Microsoft makes good products then sucks the life out of them like the bureaucratic dictators that they are
Lockheart and cross-gen is hamstringing the generation!
Cross-generation is anti-consumer!!
Gamepass is too good a value
Teraflops don't matter (except when they do)
Framerates matter (except when Sony predominantly puts out 30FPS titles)
Microsoft needs to step up to the plate (despite putting out games left and right this year, and buying an enormous amount of studios)

I'm all for calling a spade a spade and criticising where it's due - the May event was a misfire, there is still a big question mark as to how long the Xbox One line will be supported and what that means for Series X, and the UI isn't flawless - but the premise of so many 'concern' threads are either downright ridiculous, or retreading a discussion thats been had a million times before ('DAE think Microsoft first party was weak this generation?! XD').
The UI bullshit is especially funny given the amount of people that talk about "how great the PS4's UI is" and in the Sony thread majority of people have previously said that they hope they don't change it. Now it's different because the XB1 and XS will share a UI. Smh

E.Balboa

Oct 30, 2017
Florianópolis, Brazil
I hope Turn10 remake their light engine to a more realistic one and to set right the colours...

Can't wait for Forza 8.

My most hyped game is probably Forza 8 as well. I'd like a proper racing game, and less of a driving one. Focus more on racing, AI, career development, the whole sport aspect of racing. A better lighting model and less saturated colors go a long way too. And better replays as well - if they can get the AI racing right and tight, then watching replays, editing videos, and snapping pictures are a great addition to proper racing.

Quellyford

Banned
May 16, 2020
To people saying they'd be disappointed if this or that don't make the show - I'm not saying lower your expectations, but keep in mind that even if some of your favorite franchises exist, it does not mean they will be announced at this show. I think going into it with an open mind is the best way, as opposed to going in ready to be disappointed if Game X isn't there.

For me, I know Halo Infinite will be there so I already know I'll love the show... but I'm easy to please. Just ask my girlfriend.

Deleted member 69222

Banned
May 14, 2020

What we certainly know about The Initiative so far is that they are working on "new and old things" according to Phil.
Could be PD, or it could be anything.

To people saying they'd be disappointed if this or that don't make the show - I'm not saying lower your expectations, but keep in mind that even if some of your favorite franchises exist, it does not mean they will be announced at this show. I think going into it with an open mind is the best way, as opposed to going in ready to be disappointed if Game X isn't there.

For me, I know Halo Infinite will be there so I already know I'll love the show... but I'm easy to please. Just ask my girlfriend.

Exactly. Halo Infinite and Everwild are more than enough for me.

JINX

Oct 25, 2017

Can't wait for Forza 8.
You don't think FH4's lighting is good? FH4 often passes for photo real in shots. In terms of colour accuracy, I would suggest Turn 10's GDC talk on their art pipeline, you can see they go through a lot of work to get photorealistic colour accuracy and how accurate it is.

OneBadMutha

Nov 2, 2017
The puzzles are horrible the little bit of combat is great the art and graphics top notch but those puzzles literally have at a wait and see approach on Hellblade 2 would of preferred a new ip spiritual successor to DmC. Hellbladr isn't the only Ninja theory game I haven't finished.

I'm torn. On one hand, the mythology around the story is cool. Its an interesting world....both her mind and the mythology. The imagry is crazy in some parts. I haven't seen the end obviously but there seems to be directions they could take it in. I hope the gameplay is re-imagined however. Game is more enjoyable when I'm not doing the puzzles.

How far did you get?

OneBadMutha

Nov 2, 2017
Probably already talked about but

if MS doesn't attempt to acquire WB games I wonder how aggressive they really want to be in gaming. They have a good portfolio no doubt, but it's not like expanding wouldn't massively help.

like... NRS alone. Plus if they really want a counter to Spider-Man.

They want to be in gaming. Look no further than how they're set up after their restructure. That's a shit ton of employees to take on at once who don't own much IP. The way they've been expanding so far has been smart. Gives them a chance to cherry pick studios that are good fits with good leadership who they trust to give autonomy to. Taking on this much at one time would be difficult amongst all their other recent expansion and may result in a lot of the talent leaving.

Quellyford

Banned
May 16, 2020
Indeed, it seems many have already made up their mind about what they're working on.

There's a reason Phil phrased it the way he did.
Everybody keeps focusing on the "working on new and old things" to mean an old game franchise built for modern gaming. I wonder if many have entertained the idea that he could have meant something else with that quote. Otherwise, would he not have said "old things in new ways"?

It would crack me up if all this talk about Perfect Dark was all completely misguided.

Bosch

Banned
May 15, 2019
You don't think FH4's lighting is good? FH4 often passes for photo real in shots. In terms of colour accuracy, I would suggest Turn 10's GDC talk on their art pipeline, you can see they go through a lot of work to get photorealistic colour accuracy and how accurate it is.
FH 4 is superb, but Forza 7 besides when it is raining the lighting is weird combined with saturated colours give kind of a cartoon style.

Status
Not open for further replies.