• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Grunty

Oct 28, 2017
Gruntilda’s Lair
The only way I see a Banjo remaster Trilogy, like Spyro and Crash, is if it's also coming to other platforms, at least Switch and PC. Remaking the original two and I guess by default Nuts and Holts just for Xbox seems pointless and against Microsofts current MO, especially since between Rare Replay and Backwards Compatibility, they're all playable on Xbox One already.

A lot of people tend to forget that Kazooie and Tooie were already HD Remastered and then some. The games were completely retextured and Stop N Swop functionality enabled to encompass both games and include Nuts & Bolts. I don't see the purpose in just remastering them for a second time.

I'd be excited no matter what as I just want Banjo back, but I'd think it would need to be more than 'Remaster 2.0'. It would be awesome if they went back to and did their 2005 plan of 'Banjo X', which was basically a remake of the first game "with a twist". Here's some info on it...

"In an effort to surprise players who're familiar with Banjo-Kazooie, the game would have been advertised as a straightforward remake with very few changes, but in reality it would diverge wildly from the original as it progressed. Characters would develop a sense of self-awareness about having to relive the scenarios featured in Banjo-Kazooie, and they'd change their behaviour accordingly. The levels and gameplay setpieces would differ too: for example a giant termite queen would burst out of Ticker's Tower in Mumbo's Mountain, and Conga would use his oranges to defeat her. Humba Wumba and other characters from Banjo-Tooie would also appear, possibly along with some of its locations".

To me, that's just as equally exciting as a new game. It may be too much to hope for, but I think something along those lines would be needed as opposed to, again, simply remastering them again.

knightmawk

Dec 12, 2018
Spoiler culture is obnoxious and narcissistic. I hope that Brad shares the juicy leaks. You're free to check out from the internet if it matters that much to you. 😁

It's really not too much to ask of people to not throw around spoilers without warning on reasonably public spaces, which includes internet gatherings like forums and Twitter. It's not that different from not discussing the twist ending of a movie in the lobby of the theater. Like, just don't be a dick? Wait until you get to your car?

I don't care if Brad posts a video recording of the entire dress rehearsal for the conference, as long as it's on his blog and he tags it as such so people who don't want to see it don't have to. But then when people start posting and discussing it openly on here and on Twitter, that sucks some of the fun out of it for others. You can discuss it, just do it privately or at least with spoiler tags.

JayWood2010

Oct 27, 2017
The only way I see a Banjo remaster Trilogy, like Spyro and Crash, is if it's also coming to other platforms, at least Switch and PC. Remaking the original two and I guess by default Nuts and Holts just for Xbox seems pointless and against Microsofts current MO, especially since between Rare Replay and Backwards Compatibility, they're all playable on Xbox One already.
Obviously, it would at least be on PC as all Microsoft games are.

And again, remaster and remake are two completely different things as shown time and time again. Shadow of Colossus PS3 Remaster, then PS4 remake. Spyro and Crash also exist on PS Classics. Both incredibly successful remakes. Remaster, and remake are differnt things.

maxresdefault.jpg

spyro-reignited-trilogy-comparison.png

OGMzYzFmMDI5MyMvNEIwLVVrS3pHMnhvZ3kxUTVzM1pUT2prQ3NrPS8yMXg3NjoyNDk3eDEzNDgvODAweDQ1MC9maWx0ZXJzOmZvcm1hdChqcGVnKTpxdWFsaXR5KDgwKS9odHRwczovL3MzLmFtYXpvbmF3cy5jb20vcG9saWN5bWljLWltYWdlcy9kZmVod3B3ZHRmbmpkOGpteDZ4N2ZqaXhxdmNlMHViMmQxM2pnMXlucmJlcnJ0d2JiYWZreGFpbHJzNHM4eDdkLmpwZw.jpg

th

Last edited:

Betty

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Obviously, it would at least be on PC as all Microsoft games are.

And again, remaster and remake are two completely different things as shown time and time again. Shadow of Colossus PS3 Remaster, then PS4 remake. Spyro and Crash also exist on PS Classics. Both incredibly successful remakes. Remaster, and remake are differnt things.

maxresdefault.jpg

spyro-reignited-trilogy-comparison.png

OGMzYzFmMDI5MyMvNEIwLVVrS3pHMnhvZ3kxUTVzM1pUT2prQ3NrPS8yMXg3NjoyNDk3eDEzNDgvODAweDQ1MC9maWx0ZXJzOmZvcm1hdChqcGVnKTpxdWFsaXR5KDgwKS9odHRwczovL3MzLmFtYXpvbmF3cy5jb20vcG9saWN5bWljLWltYWdlcy9kZmVod3B3ZHRmbmpkOGpteDZ4N2ZqaXhxdmNlMHViMmQxM2pnMXlucmJlcnJ0d2JiYWZreGFpbHJzNHM4eDdkLmpwZw.jpg

Makes me giddy at the thought of a Banjo remake.

roly82

Apr 2, 2019
A lot of people tend to forget that Kazooie and Tooie were already HD Remastered and then some. The games were completely retextured and Stop N Swop functionality enabled to encompass both games and include Nuts & Bolts. I don't see the purpose in just remastering them for a second time.

I'd be excited no matter what as I just want Banjo back, but I'd think it would need to be more than 'Remaster 2.0'. It would be awesome if they went back to and did their 2005 plan of 'Banjo X', which was basically a remake of the first game "with a twist". Here's some info on it...

"In an effort to surprise players who're familiar with Banjo-Kazooie, the game would have been advertised as a straightforward remake with very few changes, but in reality it would diverge wildly from the original as it progressed. Characters would develop a sense of self-awareness about having to relive the scenarios featured in Banjo-Kazooie, and they'd change their behaviour accordingly. The levels and gameplay setpieces would differ too: for example a giant termite queen would burst out of Ticker's Tower in Mumbo's Mountain, and Conga would use his oranges to defeat her. Humba Wumba and other characters from Banjo-Tooie would also appear, possibly along with some of its locations".

To me, that's just as equally exciting as a new game. It may be too much to hope for, but I think something along those lines would be needed as opposed to, again, simply remastering them again.

Like the last Ratchet & Clank, would be the best option.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
You must also remember Sams is pretty new with this gaming stuff also. Offcourse he reported already abit on gaming. But Xbox got a bigger stake in MS overall resulting he gets more from he sources also regarding that. And like someone said. Sams is definitely of of the big names regarding MS insider stuff.

Edit:

tanky

Banned
Apr 2, 2019
It's really not too much to ask of people to not throw around spoilers without warning on reasonably public spaces, which includes internet gatherings like forums and Twitter. It's not that different from not discussing the twist ending of a movie in the lobby of the theater. Like, just don't be a dick? Wait until you get to your car?

I don't care if Brad posts a video recording of the entire dress rehearsal for the conference, as long as it's on his blog and he tags it as such so people who don't want to see it don't have to. But then when people start posting and discussing it openly on here and on Twitter, that sucks some of the fun out of it for others. You can discuss it, just do it privately or at least with spoiler tags.
Sure, people should tag spoilers. I'm addressing those who are condemning leaks entirely (as well as conflating leaks with disappointment as if it's some kind of universal principle). The onus of responsibility ultimately falls upon yourself, though. If you don't want to be spoiled, don't expose yourself to places where that can occur, like on a forum dedicated to video games or a Twitter feed in which you follow several insiders. It's not Brad or whoever's responsibility to avoid leaking information or regulate what they do or do not share in the context of appeasing random internet people.

Rychu

Oct 25, 2017
Utah, USA
Apparently Fable leaked? Saw it on reddit on r/XboxOne. Alleged leak is on r/GamingLeaksAndRumors. Has it been debunked yet? There's an "early reel" too with early footage of the game.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This is becoming a yearly tradition at this point. On Sunday 8PM local time it's the Canadian Grand Prix in Formula 1. Just as it ends turn on my Xbox, go live on Mixer and enjoy the conference.

christocolus

Oct 27, 2017
I'm so glad MS is running a tighter ship this time around. We are just 6 days away and I'm sure the guys at Xbox have worked really hard on this and hopefully it pays off.

bsigg

Oct 25, 2017
Forza engine isn't suitable for Fable game ?

I don't think an engine with a focus on linear, super high fidelity, high performance would translate well to an open world game.

For Horizon, who knows how much work they would have to do to add RPG elements. Look at Frostbite and how awful that's been at supporting Mass Effect, Anthem and Dragon Age.

At least using UE4 gives them a toolset and engine that has been used in RPGs and can actually support the work needed to build out the RPG systems they want without having to gut massive parts of the engine.

knightmawk

Dec 12, 2018
Sure, people should tag spoilers. I'm addressing those who are condemning leaks entirely (as well as conflating leaks with disappointment as if it's some kind of universal principle). The onus of responsibility ultimately falls upon yourself, though. If you don't want to be spoiled, don't expose yourself to places where that can occur, like on a forum dedicated to video games or a Twitter feed in which you follow several insiders. It's not Brad or whoever's responsibility to avoid leaking information or regulate what they do or do not share in the context of appeasing random internet people.

I half agree and half disagree. Leaks and spoilers are fine, I agree with that, as long as they're done responsibly. I also don't really care about spoilers, but I appreciate that some people do. Yeah sometimes they get annoying about it, but there not always completely unjustified.

But people shouldn't have to avoid places entirely and miss big parts of their daily news or social interaction just because some people can't be fucked to tag things with "Spoiler ahead". The morning after the Game of Thrones finale aired, the first thing I read when I woke up was a tweet with the first words being "So _____ is {the ruler} now and...". That's not crescent fresh.

And doing that a week before it aired would have been super shitty, even if it was a Game of Thrones forum instead of Twitter. Just, until after the show, if anything official leaks, tag things and warn people before they read it without realizing it. That's all.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Apparently Fable leaked? Saw it on reddit on r/XboxOne. Alleged leak is on r/GamingLeaksAndRumors. Has it been debunked yet? There's an "early reel" too with early footage of the game.

The video looks hard to believe. Aside from the manually applied light source that makes it seem like a cam leak or something, the assets (even if they're unfinished) seem honestly worse than those of Forza Horizon 2, and that was early-gen while this should be next-gen.

Detective

Oct 27, 2017
That's definitely fake.

No, it's designed for racing games. They would have to develop the engine a ton, why do all that work when you can use UE4.
I don't think an engine with a focus on linear, super high fidelity, high performance would translate well to an open world game.

Thanks!

I really like the Forza engine, looks so great with weather and seasons on FH4.

Too bad it requires so much work to use it for something else.

Push

Jun 2, 2018
For me, I don't want leaks happening for anyone, not just myself. If things leak, I'll look, but when NOBODY is spoiled, it makes it much more fun as you can feel the hype and surprise from the community and internet. It gives you that christmas morning feeling.

However, if the big things leak, we just get a lesser hype from the internet days before which isn't nearly as big as what we would've gotten from learning these things from the show stage. The experience would just overall be better if nobody knows anything.

Dimple

Jan 10, 2018

For Horizon, who knows how much work they would have to do to add RPG elements. Look at Frostbite and how awful that's been at supporting Mass Effect, Anthem and Dragon Age.

At least using UE4 gives them a toolset and engine that has been used in RPGs and can actually support the work needed to build out the RPG systems they want without having to gut massive parts of the engine.

Not only that but they can do a ton of collaboration with the other studios using UE4, Obsidian for dialogue wheels and character creation, NT for facial animations, Rare for water, The Coalition for general polish and optimisation.

Also that "leak" looked fake as fuck, the bit with the waterfalls looked straight out of Fable 2.

bsigg

Oct 25, 2017
Not only that but they can do a ton of collaboration with the other studios using UE4, Obsidian for dialogue wheels and character creation, NT for facial animations, Rare for water, The Coalition for general polish and optimisation.

Completely forgot about the cross office collab they could do with all the XGS studios that already use UE4.

predrag

Oct 27, 2017
People shouldn't jusk ask others 'to go dark and avoid leaks'. Are you serious? In age of social media on every corner, how we should do that? I'm usually going off few hours before conferences, that I can manage, but few days is impossible to do. So, teasing is fine, way cooler to do if you have info.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
I dont want any leaks. But damn i am so bored right now haha. I am just waiting for E3 to start and dont even want to game lol.

Hawk269

Oct 26, 2017
I dont want any leaks. But damn i am so bored right now haha. I am just waiting for E3 to start and dont even want to game lol.

LMAO. I am in the same boat. Was off yesterday, decided to turn on the "X", fumbled through a few tiles to see what I wanted to play and nothing grabbed me (not that I don't like the games I have). I was just not in the mood and kept thinking of what they may have at E3. So I decided to break out a Colecovision Adam Computer I had bought a few years ago that I never had time to hook up and played with that for about 5 hours. lol. I just want to go to sleep and wake up Sunday afternoon. lol

RF Switch

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I dont want a bullet point list of whats going to be shown and in what order, but if someone who knows that info posts teases and points in a direction towards an IP fanbase to get them hyped up...iam all for that

realricochet

Apr 30, 2019
Mexico
LMAO. I am in the same boat. Was off yesterday, decided to turn on the "X", fumbled through a few tiles to see what I wanted to play and nothing grabbed me (not that I don't like the games I have). I was just not in the mood and kept thinking of what they may have at E3. So I decided to break out a Colecovision Adam Computer I had bought a few years ago that I never had time to hook up and played with that for about 5 hours. lol. I just want to go to sleep and wake up Sunday afternoon. lol
lol. Same for me, i have exams this week and I want to finish with that to wait for Sunday

Status
Not open for further replies.