Status
Not open for further replies.

papahefe

Apr 29, 2018
I don't think we'll get anything completely new and I still think they can put together a solid show. DLC for Gears 5, a new guest character for Bleeding Edge, a final push for Battletoads, news about Cuphead DLC, information about the spring titles (Ori, Wasteland 3, Psychonauts 2, Minecraft: Dungeons, etc.), xCloud news, and a new Sea of Thieves expansion seem very likely.

Microsoft really needs to save its reveals for the Scarlett blowout and/or E3 2020.

Is Psychonauts 2 confirmed for spring? I hadn't seen that.

Razdek

Oct 27, 2017
No. PlayStation talk needs to go. That's why there's designated threads to talk about it. Before E3,barely you would hear PlayStation talk or ignorant trolls who don't give a crap about Xbox come here to offer their "pearls". Now its far too frequent. The rest of the forum is Sonyfied anyhow. Let Xbox gamers be excited and talk about the brand in peace. Its the only thread we have, ffs.

Thanks. Genuinely.

This attitude of Xbox persecution is terrible too. If you can't talk about the negatives of Xbox in this thread without feeling attacked then that's on you.

Back on topic I don't think they'll have anything new at Gamescom as that's always just a recycling of things they've shown at E3. Was really hoping for significant new dashboard features this year but looks like nothing big is coming as Skip Ahead has been mainly fixing the same things over and over.

papahefe

Apr 29, 2018
This attitude of Xbox persecution is terrible too. If you can't talk about the negatives of Xbox in this thread without feeling attacked then that's on you.

Back on topic I don't think they'll have anything new at Gamescom as that's always just a recycling of things they've shown at E3. Was really hoping for significant new dashboard features this year but looks like nothing big is coming as Skip Ahead has been mainly fixing the same things over and over.

Most of us here disagree with you on that, and would very much like to keep ONE PLACE xbox positive. There's nothing wrong with what you're saying, it'd just be great if you could say it somewhere else, even on this very site. Most outlets, youtube channels, forums, subreddits, everything is playstation dominated. It's not too much to cling to one of the only places we've got to celebrate xbox and talk about it constructively without that ps console warrior nonsense.

Back on topic, for real this time.

Adookah

Nov 1, 2017
Sarajevo
I'm looking into possibly getting an Xbox one x and a 4k tv here in the coming months. Any issues with the x I should be worried about or is it a solid console with little to no issues?

The x enhanced games are starting to become impossible to ignore, especially the backwards compatible ones
The only "issue" for me is the OS. It's not that user friendly and it has ads on the home screen.

Kilgore

Feb 5, 2018

Negative things about Xbox has been discussed here many times, what we don't think is needed is to compare with other companies, or talk about the other companies output. Can you imagine people going to switch threads to talk about how good is Xbox Live and how lacking is Nintendo on that area from time to time? why? Is not needed talking about Live in order to expose the flaws of Switch party chat or ONLINE platform capacities.

We don't need to talk about Days Gone to discuss Xbox is lacking on third person narrative adventures.

tanky

Banned
Apr 2, 2019
Does anyone remember Experience's Yomi wo Saku Hana which got an info dump about a year ago? Doesn't seem like there's been any news since then. It was being developed as an Xbox One exclusive but apparently only for release in Japan. Sounded cool.

Yomi-wo-Saku-Hana_2018_08-04-18_001-600x338.jpg

Kolbe1894

Oct 25, 2017
Does anyone remember Experience's Yomi wo Saku Hana which got an info dump about a year ago? Doesn't seem like there's been any news since then. It was being developed as an Xbox One exclusive but apparently only for release in Japan. Sounded cool.

Yomi-wo-Saku-Hana_2018_08-04-18_001-600x338.jpg
Latest info i found was a tweet at early this year said it's still developing.

This game would been better to make more Xbox gamer notice if it joins game pass at launch.
But one problem is game pass(on Xbox or PC) still can't launch in Japan due to CERO not accept it.

Deleted member 53021

User requested account closure
Banned
Feb 3, 2019
No. PlayStation talk needs to go. That's why there's designated threads to talk about it. Before E3,barely you would hear PlayStation talk or ignorant trolls who don't give a crap about Xbox come here to offer their "pearls". Now its far too frequent. The rest of the forum is Sonyfied anyhow. Let Xbox gamers be excited and talk about the brand in peace. Its the only thread we have, ffs.

Thanks. Genuinely.
this...man its getting annoying nowadays its constant that you have someone coming from nowhere here to talk about Playstation..no one cares about that here but these people keep on coming to derail this thread...they obviously read this thread from the outside and really dislike it....its becoming so constant its just derailing this thread and what it stands for...its always the same line of argument too..they will bring up god of war,horizon zero dawn,single player adventure games here.....its just ridiculous,boring and stale

Last edited:

tanky

Banned
Apr 2, 2019
Latest info i found was a tweet at early this year said it's still developing.

This game would been better to make more Xbox gamer notice if it joins game pass at launch.
But one problem is game pass(on Xbox or PC) still can't launch in Japan due to CERO not accept it.
Good to hear it's still in the works. Strange issue with Game Pass and CERO, though. Xbox barely has any presence in Japan as it is, so you have to wonder if they'll even bother with trying to push for it there while facing regulatory roadblocks. Would still be cool if they got it on Game Pass for everyone else, seems like a no-brainer.

Klobrille

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Same "near future" as "later" for open world action-RPG from Playground Games? 😉😄
The way Ninja Theory phrased it on stage leads me to the impression they'll talk about their other project(s) at E3 20 at the latest, likely earlier. X019 or maybe they'll have a separate next-gen event prior to E3 20.

"Later" (in regards to the Playground Games project) on the other hand is pretty neutral and can very well mean many years, something Ralph from PG even already suggested though.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
That was such a bait last year. I was fully expecting to see something in that show with that "later" line.
Near future would have been way better.

crazillo

Apr 5, 2018
About Yakuza: I've been waiting long enough if that series will ever hit Xbox. Despite Phil stating he'd love to see more SEGA franchises come over and the Yakuza director stating he'd think the series could be a good fit for Xbox, we have seen nothing. I think I will soon start playing the series on Playstation or PC. I'm all for supporting Japanese games on Xbox and have bought almost all of them, but with this one, it has taken too long for me personally.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
Near future would have fitted way better. As they were not gonna talk about it at the same show or not even a year away.
Later could mean 30 min away also.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
"Near future" implies a shorter time period than "later" does.
Not for me. With near future i imply atleast like months in the future. Later can mean 30 min also and they way he worded it and even adressing that they working on a new open world game and said "cant wait to show more in that later" I remember me and my friends were all like. Damn cant wait to see it later in the show. They probably close with it etc.

Bradbatross

Mar 17, 2018
Not for me. With near future i imply atleast like months in the future. Later can mean 30 min also and they way he worded it and even adressing that they working on a new open world game and said "cant wait to show more in that later" I remember me and my friends were all like. Damn cant wait to see it later in the show. They probably close with it etc.
Look up the definitions of each.

Roman Bellic

Banned
Jun 13, 2019
I'm curious when Microsoft finally finds out that they have a long-standing Facebook and Twitter account for Microsoft Studios, which has not been updated for months and should be rebranded to Xbox Game Studios and updated nearly everyday with some news.​
They have only one account which is doing nicely, but so quiet as well. I mean Xbox Game Studios Music on YouTube. Even if we go on Xbox.com there is no direct reference to Xbox Game Studios sub-page. Only if we search it separately through Google or Wikipedia. That's so messy! I won't even mention about outdated websites for Ninja Theory, Obsidian, inXile or Double Fine which has not any reference to Xbox Game Studios as well. Just a logo! But no – nothing. After these months after being acquired.​
Would be great to see every studio's websites which would be unified (like 343 Industries (however they're still with Microsoft Studios logo), The Coalition with Gears of War, Minecraft.net or Forza) but with unique style.​

Bradbatross

Mar 17, 2018
There arent specific definitions.
in the near future

Very soon, within a short time. For example, We'll be needing a new car in the near future. This term employs near in the sense of "close at hand," a usage dating from about 1300.

Afterward, subsequently, or at a time in the future.

That would assume that Spencer and NT looked up the exact definitions before using the words, to make sure they were using them accurately :)
They're not very complex words/phrases lol.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
in the near future

Very soon, within a short time. For example, We'll be needing a new car in the near future. This term employs near in the sense of "close at hand," a usage dating from about 1300.

Afterward, subsequently, or at a time in the future.
Like i said they are not very specific. The near future even more then later. Like later says. "afterwards" wich doesnt imply a year away or something.

Like i said above. When i say "i will show you the photo's later' i dont mean i will show them in a year. I will show them like in 30 min or something.

Seeing the overall reactions this E3 of people not being confused about the near future comment but they were with the later part last year. Should show that MS probably learned from it.

Deleted member 38088

Banned
Jan 11, 2018
I think the whole point of mentioning the AAA open world game at all was to emphasize that they didn't buy Playground just to have them work on more Forza (which can be niche genre), they bought them to work on other projects that more people will also like. So they just said yeah we'll talk about it later, but the main takeaway should have been that Playground is making an open world rpg, not debating about which specific words would fit the time frame better. Also I know that people here know that Playground is making Fable, but the wider audience may not, so it needed to be said out loud.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
I think the whole point of mentioning the AAA open world game at all was to emphasize that they didn't buy Playground just to have them work on more Forza (which can be niche genre), they bought them to work on other projects that more people will also like. So they just said yeah we'll talk about it later, but the main takeaway should have been that Playground is making an open world rpg, not debating about which specific words would fit the time frame better. Also I know that people here know that Playground is making Fable, but the wider audience may not, so it needed to be said out loud.
True. But then Spencer easy to could have stopped after "they bringing their open world expertise to a totally new project"

Deleted member 38088

Banned
Jan 11, 2018
True. But then Spencer easy to could have stopped after "they bringing their open world expertise to a totally new project"
I mean yeah, but I just feel like people focus too much on each word uttered. People are people, and yes the speeches are rehearsed, but people can misspeak or you may think people will understand your words a certain way, but they don't.

I would rather just have them talk normally and be vague or even misspeak sometimes than the repeated corporate speech of "2 billion gamers" and "we had 60 games at e3". The more people dissect each word said by Phil, the more likely for the corporate speech to come out and I personally wouldn't like that.

knightmawk

Dec 12, 2018
This "later" vs "in the near future" thing just makes me think of that time Klob said a studio named "rhymes on balloon" and people were trying to figure out why he said on instead of with, but it turned out he was just being German.

Everyone is going to take words differently, but just think about it. Ninja Theorys Hellblade Team has been working on whatever they're working on for about two years, Hellblade took about three years, and the team is probably about the same size.

Playground has also been working on whatever they are working on for about two years, but they're building an entirely new team of 100+ people while doing it, and making an open world RPG, which is a genre that takes notoriously long to develop.

Use context clues.

Bradbatross

Mar 17, 2018
Like i said they are not very specific. The near future even more then later. Like later says. "afterwards" wich doesnt imply a year away or something.

Like i said above. When i say "i will show you the photo's later' i dont mean i will show them in a year. I will show them like in 30 min or something.

Seeing the overall reactions this E3 of people not being confused about the near future comment but they were with the later part last year. Should show that MS probably learned from it.
I don't know what what to tell you. Later means sometime in the future. Could be the next day, or could be the next year. There's no specific timeframe attached to it, so it made sense for him to use that word in the context of Fable. Near future means sometime soon, so that wouldn't have made sense for him to use, but if Ninja Theory is planning to show something new within the next 6 months, it makes sense for them to say near future.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
I don't know what what to tell you. Later means sometime in the future. Could be the next day, or could be the next year. There's no specific timeframe attached to it, so it made sense for him to use that word in the context of Fable. Near future means sometime soon, so that wouldn't have made sense for him to use, but if Ninja Theory is planning to show something new within the next 6 months, it makes sense for them to say near future.

Well there it is. Thats what i have been saying. So it isnt weird people expected something at the show when he said it.
You said near future implies something shorter then later. Know you say also it could be a day also.

SlipperyMoose

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
How much money do we have to throw at EA to rescue Bioware? Then we can release a Xbox Game Studios Bioware x Obsidian game in which I am the main character.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
Do we know who the Creative Director is on the RPG project? Probably Fulton right? Weird on his LinkedIn it says he was Creative director from 2010 to 2017. Then Chief creative director and then since may 2018 he is Creative Director again. I would assume on the RPG project. But he has been then face of Forza Horizon 4. So intresting. Klobrille you have a idea?

ToadPacShakur

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
who, what? nah fam. we dont all agree to whataver you are thinking lol.

Brad no..I like him a lot still.

Jez...jury is still out for me..I definitely don't hold him in as much of a high regard as before. He was also spreading the "Stadia doesn't have cross-play with PC on Destiny 2 so it's DOA" propaganda. and I'm like "no shit, no one has cross-play with anyone on Destiny 2 because Bungie never announced it" and he went on how it's a streaming PC platform so it's obviously Google's fault this isn't happening, that this is a REAL STORY...even though Stadia is Linux. No one knows how Stadia is going to do when it launches but let's criticize it with facts, please. Other little things like that are really starting to turn me off of him.

Chettlar

Oct 25, 2017
Brad no..I like him a lot still.

Jez...jury is still out for me..I definitely don't hold him in as much of a high regard as before. He was also spreading the "Stadia doesn't have cross-play with PC on Destiny 2 so it's DOA" propaganda. and I'm like "no shit, no one has cross-play with anyone on Destiny 2 because Bungie never announced it" and he went on how it's a streaming PC platform so it's obviously Google's fault this isn't happening, that this is a REAL STORY...even though Stadia is Linux. No one knows how Stadia is going to do when it launches but let's criticize it with facts, please. Other little things like that are really starting to turn me off of him.

I mean, but it doesn't matter whose fault it is. Xbox players will be able to rely on having the xbox playerbase if they want to try out xcloud. Stadia players won't have any established playerbase to rely on. Due to the nature of these circumstances, it is going to be significantly harder for Stadia to succeed compared to xcloud.

And plus in relation to Jez specifically...what does that have to do with his credibility? He's just saying common sense that literally anyone is in just as much a position as him to postulate.

ToadPacShakur

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
I mean, but it doesn't matter whose fault it is. Xbox players will be able to rely on having the xbox playerbase if they want to try out xcloud. Stadia players won't have any established playerbase to rely on. Due to the nature of these circumstances, it is going to be significantly harder for Stadia to succeed compared to xcloud.

Missing the point. It's a new platform so of course it's not going to have the biggest playerbase compared to the others. That's fine. I'm not even saying Stadia is going to succeed. I just don't think we need to make up nonstories to make the platform look worse lol. It was PC Gamer's fault for writing it, it was Jez and Skill Up's fault for spreading it, to the point Bungie had to come out and correct them.

Chettlar

Oct 25, 2017
Missing the point. It's a new platform so of course it's not going to have the biggest playerbase compared to the others. That's fine. I'm not even saying Stadia is going to succeed. I just don't think we need to make up nonstories to make the platform look worse lol. It was PC Gamer's fault for writing it, it was Jez and Skill Up's fault for spreading it, to the point Bungie had to come out and correct them.

I don't think it is a nonstory. Destiny is the type of game that needs a community to succeed. Without that, it's in serious trouble, and having that as your flagship ...it's a bit risky. That's a fair thing to say.

In what way did Bungie "correct" them? If anything they confirmed what they said by saying "Yeah, no crossplay with anyone for now."

ToadPacShakur

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
I don't think it is a nonstory. Destiny is the type of game that needs a community to succeed. Without that, it's in serious trouble, and having that as your flagship ...it's a bit risky. That's a fair thing to say.

In what way did Bungie "correct" them? If anything they confirmed what they said by saying "Yeah, no crossplay with anyone for now."

they did say that, and that there is nothing regarding Stadia that is preventing crossplay.

I think it's a nonstory because I didn't understand how it became a story in the first place. lol

"Stadia wont have crossplay with PC!"

"did Bungie ever say it, or any platform, would have crossplay?"

"no"

"oh....ok then?"

Roman Bellic

Banned
Jun 13, 2019
Do we know who the Creative Director is on the RPG project? Probably Fulton right? Weird on his LinkedIn it says he was Creative director from 2010 to 2017. Then Chief creative director and then since may 2018 he is Creative Director again. I would assume on the RPG project. But he has been then face of Forza Horizon 4. So intresting. Klobrille you have a idea?
I think they would need some director over all project who had some big experience with RPG games, because Fulton wouldn't be enough for that.

Jerm411

Oct 27, 2017
Clinton, MO
So with Gamescom being focused on Age of Empires and possibly Gears Tactics, I wonder what they will announce on X019 since it seems a bigger show than last year. At X018 they revealed Forza Horizon 4 first DLC, two new studios plus more details on DMC V IIRC and tons of games coming to XGP, I wonder how they will play with this one.

I think we could get some more Scarlett stuff, possibly some specs....hopefully a more full idea of what xCloud will be (price, launch, etc.) too.

Chettlar

Oct 25, 2017
they did say that, and that there is nothing regarding Stadia that is preventing crossplay.

I think it's a nonstory because I didn't understand how it became a story in the first place. lol

"Stadia wont have crossplay with PC!"

"did Bungie ever say it, or any platform, would have crossplay?"

"no"

"oh....ok then?"

I don't understand what you're saying. No one is saying it is a limitation of Stadia. Just that, given the circumstances, it will not. Xcloud will. Therefore, it is going to suffer.

Stadia is going to be small. Like, no matter what. it's a streaming service. Far more people don't have good internet than do, and no one will have a better streaming experience than local. Thus, having your like, big AAA game be a game that is really best served by lots of people playing it is a bit awkward.

You're trying to act like they're going at it at a direction they're not. Like they're pointing fingers or whatever. That's not what's happening. They're saying, hey, given the circumstances, if stadia doesn't have cross play with PC, it's going to suffer a lot. Bungie then says Yes that is correct, they won't have crossplay. In fact, no one can because we can't commit to that right now.

That does not counter or correct anything those people said. It only confirms it. "Why" doesn't fucking matter because in the end, regardless of why, D2 on stadia not having crossplay with PC is going to hurt it. A lot. And when xcloud comes out and people realize that not only will they get to play with an entire established xbox fanbase even if the xcloud audience is small (Because like stadia, it certainly will be at first; streaming just kinda means that will be true), but also, with that single purchase they also are entitled to use that game license on a local console for a better experience to then take seamlessly with them wherever they go.

I do not give a damn why crossplay with stadia and steam isn't a thing for D2 for now. Because regardless of why that is, once xcloud shows up, provided it and stadia are comparable in performance, xcloud simply has the upper hand hands down. Already established playerbase in a multiplayer game and a game license that easily and conveniently transfer to a local system. Stadia will have neither of those. If the PC version was set up differently, maybe the difference wouldn't be as bad. But fact is, given that no systems have crossplay, the system that combines streaming and local into one ecosystem just straight up has the upper hand.

Playerbase trends are cyclical. You need players to get people to play. Trying to start a massive game on a system that straight up is simply going to be small at launch is going to make the success of any such game difficult. That's just the fact of the matter. There's no gotcha here. That's just an analysis of the situation. I honestly don't know what other conclusion you could draw. Provided xcloud is out not too long after stadia, given stadia will already have some struggles with a MMO-lite as one of the games that's supposed to flagship for it, xcloud is going to seriously hurt stadia even more. That's just a fair assumption that any sane person looking at the facts as we know them might conclude. Saying such an analysis hurts someone's credibility is pretty silly and reallllllllllllly smells like you're trying to find a reason to doubt their credibility. Especially if we're talking insider stuff but the subject you brought up is pretty squarely in the realm of something anyone like you and I can discuss with our knowledge.

Status
Not open for further replies.