• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bede-x

Oct 25, 2017
So new list:

Gears 5 - TPS
Gears Tactics - Tactics
Battletoads - Beat'em Up
Ori WotW - Metroidvania/Platformer
RAD - Rogue-like
Psyconauts 2 - Platformer
Wastelands 3 - Iso - RPG
Outer Worlds - RPG
Bleeding Edge - MP Brawler
MS Flight Simulator - Simulation
AoE 2 -RTS
Minecraft Dungeons - ARPG
Halo Infinite - FPS
Wastelands 1 Remaster - Iso RPG
Bard's Tale 4 - RPG

That breadth of genres is fantastic. This doesn't even involve anything from Playground, unannounced games, or Indies. 18 months ago this would have been some fan boys fever dream.

Edit: Forgot Bard's Tale.

It's a great line-up. The only thing that makes it seem less so, is some of the titles releasing on other consoles as well, but after this round of releases, the same studios (or at least most of them) will continue doing games exclusively to the Xbox ecosystem. They have a really strong first party now, it'll just take a little while to get to the next round of releases.

solis74

Jun 11, 2018
Getting Wasteland 3, The Outer Worlds, Psychonauts 2 or The Bards Tale IV launching into Game Pass is by no means taken for granted and shows the commitment and investments Xbox did here during that "transition phase" for the studios to get the best value for your customers out of this time.

They let their new studios fulfill their promises of the platforms for these said games while still offering value for Xbox costumers by offering these games at no additional costs via Game Pass. That's the best they could've done here and imo they deserve more credit for every single one of these games, as I could imagine they had to do quite some negotiations with the former publishers of said games.

D70m6BkWwAE7Ehm

awesome!

Deleted member 47654

user requested account closure
Banned
Sep 10, 2018
God, TC cant help themselves, Gears 5 marketing keeps sucking, even in areas where they were the masters.
This is Gears 4 Versus Beta trailer:

This is Gears 5 Versus "Tech Test" teaser:

Less than 15 seconds?
what kind of shit is that? hope they release a full version, backed by MS Ads power, Gears 5 marketing needs to reach high ASAP

Kasey

Nov 1, 2017
Boise
God, TC cant help themselves, Gears 5 marketing keeps sucking, even in areas where they were the masters.
This is Gears 4 Versus Beta trailer:

This is Gears 5 Versus "Tech Test" teaser:

Less than 15 seconds?
what kind of shit is that? hope they release a full version, backed by MS Ads power, Gears 5 marketing needs to reach high ASAP

It seems like a shortened version to play as a bump during their broadcasts. I agree they should release a full trailer.

Governergrimm

Jun 25, 2019
It's a great line-up. The only thing that makes it seem less so, is some of the titles releasing on other consoles as well, but after this round of releases, the same studios (or at least most of them) will continue doing games exclusively to the Xbox ecosystem. They have a really strong first party now, it'll just take a little while to get to the next round of releases.
Exactly, these developers had previous publishing deals. Going forward with few exceptions I expect PC, Xbox, and Occasionally switch. But if it doesn't have Xbox live integration it ain't happening.

bcatwilly

Oct 27, 2017
I don't know if anyone else on here has been trying out the Bless Unleashed closed beta, but it has really pulled me in to where I expect to be playing it with friends when it fully launches. The graphics are so much better on my Xbox One X (4K HDR) than Black Desert Online which I could never really get into when I tried it out. The game world and stories are pretty interesting, and it already is far more polished and performs better than Fallout 76 ever did even though I am sure that can be improvements there. I would recommend checking out it out before the beta ends tomorrow or when there is a future open beta period.

Kasey

Nov 1, 2017
Boise
I really hope they up the weather effects for Gears 5. Like having to navigate a sandstorm in the skiff or bringing back a more violent version of razor rain.

knightmawk

Dec 12, 2018
Agreed. Serious allegations like these need verifying by high-level eyes, and the Admins can determine privately if ForgedByGeeks is speaking from a position of authority or using ResetEra as a platform to spread false information.

Cerium ZhugeEX shinobi602 Hecht
Yeah If you make claims like these, you should give some evidence and back it up with something. Dont really believe you at all.

This isn't really that serious of an accusation. Provided the people posting the reviews actually played the game and aren't making any demonstrably false claims about their experience, this is fine and not uncommon. Send people a free thing or pay them for a review or whatever, and there's an understanding that that review at least won't be negative, and as long as they don't drag you or give good reviews, you keep giving them free games to review. If they give you bad reviews, well, maybe you just don't send them your next product, and they lose the views they would have gotten from it.

Different platforms have different rules about disclosing these kinds of, basically sponsored, reviews, but as far as the law goes as long as they're truthful its fine.

Smaller and more focused review sites or independent reviewers are likely the worst perpetrators here, bigger more well known sites won't need the handouts as much, or their user base is a big enough reason to take the risk of a bad review for companies. As much as I hate Metacritic, that's kind of why it exists. Not every review can be trusted fully, not to mention everyone has different tastes and allegiances, but if you average them all together, the idea is that you get an approximation of a real score.

EDIT: yes there are some laws about clearly disclosing material connections on sponsored content, but they aren't really hard and fast, reviews can hit a gray area, especially since personal preference is a big part of it, so it's really hard to prove that Sony or Microsoft providing a free review copy effected the score, especially with smaller sites that won't have as much visibility.

Dokkaebi G0SU

Nov 2, 2017
Best way to extend my GP ultimate? Should I purchase gamepass or gold months? I have ultimate till October but I want to extend it even longer

Deleted member 56752

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
May 15, 2019
Best way to extend my GP ultimate? Should I purchase gamepass or gold months? I have ultimate till October but I want to extend it even longer
What I plan on doing is waitin until ult expires and then getting a deal on Xbox live gold and then reinvesting in regular game pass so I can keep getting the $1 per month deal.hopefully it doesn't mess up my gamer card and get rid of the 13 years of Xbox live badge

OneBadMutha

Nov 2, 2017
So new list:

Gears 5 - TPS
Gears Tactics - Tactics
Battletoads - Beat'em Up
RAD - Rogue-like
Wastelands 3 - Iso - RPG
Outer Worlds - RPG
AoE 2 -RTS
Halo Infinite - FPS
Bard's Tale 4 - RPG

That breadth of genres is fantastic. This doesn't even involve anything from Playground, unannounced games, or Indies. 18 months ago this would have been some fan boys fever dream.

It's fantastic. I don't know how people can keep up with the narrative that Xbox isn't focusing on hardcore or enthusiast gamers when these are their studios and all those games come to Game Pass. It's the most diverse lineup from a single publisher this gen.

Oct 25, 2017
This isn't really that serious of an accusation. Provided the people posting the reviews actually played the game and aren't making any demonstrably false claims about their experience, this is fine and not uncommon. Send people a free thing or pay them for a review or whatever, and there's an understanding that that review at least won't be negative, and as long as they don't drag you or give good reviews, you keep giving them free games to review. If they give you bad reviews, well, maybe you just don't send them your next product, and they lose the views they would have gotten from it.

I mean, people getting paid to do reviews one thing, but press outlets and content creators getting the games before release so everyone has content on embargo date is the common thing in the industry and as far as most sites work there's absolutely no understaing that the review won't be negative. I have written a lot of negative reviews and still get review keys from pretty much everyone. Not sure where you worked at, but that's messed up.

Hudsoniscool

Banned
Jun 5, 2018
It's fantastic. I don't know how people can keep up with the narrative that Xbox isn't focusing on hardcore or enthusiast gamers when these are their studios and all those games come to Game Pass. It's the most diverse lineup from a single publisher this gen.
Wow that does look really good. That's also assuming there arnt any more acquisitions, unannounced games and assuming aoe4 is more than 18 months out.

Gamepass is gunna be huge by the end of next year. I will be surprised if it isn't past 10 million subs by then.

JINX

Oct 25, 2017
I don't think this has been posted, but this is seemingly the Gears 5 boot up :

Super... cool 😎, it also seems like those Gears 4 maps will be in 5 (not just for Eleague.)

Chris.

Oct 27, 2017
Xbox has back compat for a lot of games in EA Access that PlayStation doesn't have. So EA access for Xbox is a superior value to the PS4 version.
Yup I figured that, plus Titanfall 1. Just meant how Origin on PC is different and has third party games and I think day 1 releases? etc, I thought maybe PS4 would have that, since they don't have game pass or BC.

Either way, as I've said since the very beginning, EA access is tremendous value no matter what platform your on. The hate the program got was always a bit pathetic tbh at least that should die down a bit now that it's on all platforms.

solis74

Jun 11, 2018
So new list:

Gears 5 - TPS
Gears Tactics - Tactics
Battletoads - Beat'em Up
RAD - Rogue-like
Wastelands 3 - Iso - RPG
Outer Worlds - RPG
AoE 2 -RTS
Halo Infinite - FPS
Bard's Tale 4 - RPG

so many games to look forward too. :)

SPDIF

Oct 27, 2017
Anybody seen this yet? Not sure if this is only an option for the developer mode, but it seems MS might be working on a simpler Xbox dashboard:

uwaHhNy.jpg

Described as 'Simple Home' by the person who dug it up.

Last edited:

12Danny123

Jan 31, 2018
A little off topic. IF Microsoft bought a publisher. Take-Two, Bethesda, SE, Capcom or even EA (It's certainly possible but unlikely). Do you think Microsoft will make their games exclusive to the Xbox Ecosystem?

So for example, EA games if MS bought them, will be exclusive to Xbox Consoles, PC and XCloud, or do you think it will be Microsoft will allow their games on PS4 for example, despite the fact that there won't be Xbox Live integration?

Will the accessibility of the Xbox Ecosystem of putting their games on PC, Console and XCloud and even Switch offset not putting their games on PS4?

However in a scenario, if they buy a large publisher, the most likely situation will be that the publisher games will be multiplat however the games will likely be released on Xbox first and be on Game Pass.

Last edited:

knightmawk

Dec 12, 2018
I mean, people getting paid to do reviews one thing, but press outlets and content creators getting the games before release so everyone has content on embargo date is the common thing in the industry and as far as most sites work there's absolutely no understaing that the review won't be negative. I have written a lot of negative reviews and still get review keys from pretty much everyone. Not sure where you worked at, but that's messed up.

I mean it depends on the place, like I said it's mostly small review sites with limited followers. If someone continually doesn't like your games or if they're hand full of followers don't like your games there's no reason to keep giving them copies. Granted this matters less in a digital age where a review copy is just an email, so you can blast them to everyone pretty much for free and hope it averages out, when review copies were physical discs that had to be posted it made more sense to be like "nah don't send one to them, they hate us". This probably doesn't happen as much now.

It also comes down to the site. If it's XboxRulez.com, obviously their audience likes Xbox and their reviewers probably do too, they'll be more forgiving and generally more positive, and their fans will expect that. Yeah a bad game is a bad game, and everyone is gonna review it as such fan or not, but a mediocre game can be spun as a good game if you're a fan. And if you're entire audience is fans they're not gonna be super welcoming to your really harsh reviews.

I'm just saying it isn't illegal for a site to purposefully publish mostly positive articles about a publisher, there are a bunch of different reasons they might do it, and it's not illegal for a publisher to pay for it.

Is it unethical? Sure. Should anyone do this? No. Is it illegal? Not really. Do people do this? Some.

Lorul2

Jan 4, 2018
A little off topic. IF Microsoft bought a publisher. Take-Two, Bethesda, SE, Capcom or even EA (It's certainly possible but unlikely). Do you think Microsoft will make their games exclusive to the Xbox Ecosystem?

So for example, EA games if MS bought them, will be exclusive to Xbox Consoles, PC and XCloud, or do you think it will be Microsoft will allow their games on PS4 for example, despite the fact that there won't be Xbox Live integration?

Will the accessibility of the Xbox Ecosystem of putting their games on PC, Console and XCloud and even Switch offset not putting their games on PS4?

I think

they would stay multiplat and put stuff on Xbox GamePass Day and Date. They make money and keep the "true Xbox fans" happy. Win, win IMHO.

gremlinz1982

Aug 11, 2018
Those aren't really games to end your console's last big year with though. I don't think that Battletoads is going to be a highlight. Isn't Age of Empires IV confirmed for a PC-only release at this point? MS definitely need to trust in their studios to pump out more than just Gears of War as their last big release if their next-gen launch window titles are going to be Halo Infinite and Forza 8.

It seems as though I was kinda right when I said they should have called it Gears of War 5 instead of Gears 5. Could be a mix of that and them not showing much of the campaign, or the game's formula needing a shake up in general. At the end of the day, I think they're going to regret a lot of these decisions when Gears 5 attracts less players than Gears of War 4. Maybe they're trusting Game Pass alleviates a lot of these problems.

Sounds like a double standard to me if we're saying that there would be a backlash for studios with a PC fanbase causing backlash but not so much with studios that have a PlayStation fanbase. Let's see how many of these games release on Switch, considering not even a game like Ori has hit Switch yet. It makes you wonder why a lot of these studios wouldn't release their games also on PlayStation when not only has Microsoft said they don't consider PlayStation a direct competitor anymore, they continue to release some of their first-party games on PlayStation platforms, and that they are going to let these studios decide what platforms they release them on.

Double Fine for example: they are given the choice to also release their game to the audience they just kinda abandoned through the acquisition. To keep good spirits, and if Microsoft approves like they do already with certain games, why would they not?
The games that are going to be releasing between now and when the next console generation comes in are what were in the works for some time. You are not going to see these new studios put out games for some time because these things take time.

Status
Not open for further replies.