• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MistahS

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Sep 2, 2018
Ah! A fellow cultured Gears player! I remember pre-ordering the Gears 3 special edition on Amazon just to get SK. lol
I'd expect Trashball Drone and Cole Train around Super Bowl season this or next year.
Dude I swear every time I saw a savage kantas on Gears 4 it was usually someone who was at least somewhat good as the game. Or someone who wallbounced a ton. They're so slippery 😂

MilesQ

Oct 25, 2017
People calling people names getting angry and upset about people calling people names.

This fucking place.....

tumblr_psur6aZUKq1rjr41u_1280.gif

Jan 4, 2018
GDC Awards, Baftas, and Dice awards also have similar judges to the TGA's so they aren't the go to by default. Regardless when you word your opinion like this he shouldn't be surprised that myself and others called him out on it. He didn't even say anything about the TGA's, he decided to add that later. TLOU won 250+ GOTY awards so it shouldn't be a surprise to him when myself and others mention that. Has nothing to do with being a "console fanboy."
I think TGA tends to be used this way because TGA only purpose is... well, giving game awards haha
While the others you mentioned are associated with conferences or are more local/not centered in videogames in Bafta's case
If you think he was just console warring I'd say the best for we all is that you rejoice in the fact that according what you said last year's was God of War and not RDR2 his GOTY and we go back to more interesting subjects like getting excited about all the WRPG and strategy goodness we'll be receiving in the foreseeable future (hopefully some JRPG too!)

Nov 23, 2018
Video game discussion should be about... video games. 😄

Personally, I can't wait for Gears 5!

Also, I'd recommended The Banner Saga trilogy for those who haven't played. I'm down to the last chapter and a half in the series and have loved the experience!

MilesQ

Oct 25, 2017
It's crappy quality, but this slowed down gif is pretty damn tasty.

tumblr_pwi2tue0Zo1t4wjzko1_r1_400.gif

The storm, the lightening, the twisters, it all looks fucking incredible.

Pryme

Aug 23, 2018
I have to agree that TimDog, Jez, and Brad are folks that I just like to plain ignore. I worked at a Microsoft store for a bit and found that Xbox and the MS brand in general just create some weird fanatics that I want nothing to do with. They certainly fall into that category.

I've never seen any fanatic for excel, word or any of the Surface line of computers.

I always found this fixation on a handful of Xbox fanatics really weird. Rabid Console warriors exist on all sides. You guys must not go on Twitter, I suppose.

Deleted member 5764

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
are we talking Gears 5? I think it's up already since I downloaded it yesterday

There's a 100Mb placeholder right now, but I don't think the full game download is available yet.

I've never seen any fanatic for excel, word or any of the Surface line of computers.

I always found this fixation on a handful of Xbox fanatics really weird. Rabid Console warriors exist on all sides. You guys must not go on Twitter, I suppose.

I'm not sure I'd call it a "fixation". Folks were talking about it and I chimed in. That, and typing this reply are about all the brainpower I spend thinking about those three. Jez and Brad are nowhere near as bad, but they're just deep enough in the kool aid for me to want to avoid their thoughts. Doesn't go far beyond that.

Last edited:

danrbg

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Dec 9, 2018
FF and Hoo-Doo have a trolling history. Keep going

B.C.

Prophet of Regret
Banned
Sep 28, 2018
Patrolling what? Calling out limp-wristed posts like that isn't patrolling anything. It's the sad us vs them mentality that I find especially annoying in threads like these. As if Xbox is this kicked dog that's being unfairly treated by the 'mainstream media' but in the meanwhile signalboosting trash people like Timdog.
That's the third post over read from you being EXACTLY what you claim this Timdog is.

And Era has BIG, HUGE BALLS calling anyone toxic or finger pointing. That's all I'll say on the matter.

Bring on the Gears and Remedy purchase by XGS so we can jump 2020 off right!

space_nut

Oct 28, 2017
NJ
It's crappy quality, but this slowed down gif is pretty damn tasty.

tumblr_pwi2tue0Zo1t4wjzko1_r1_400.gif

The storm, the lightening, the twisters, it all looks fucking incredible.

Noticing just now being slowed down you can see the skiff make a mark on the ground while sliding and also the debris flying towards the camera. This game is going to be a gif journey of bliss can't wait

JINX

Oct 25, 2017
A console "FFwarrior", a concern troll and a couple of Tim defenders in a thread.... sounds like a great mix, you all do this to yourselves lmao.

MilesQ

Oct 25, 2017
Noticing just now being slowed down you can see the skiff make a mark on the ground while sliding and also the debris flying towards the camera. This game is going to be a gif journey of bliss can't wait

Yup. I noticed that too. The lack of dust being kicked up by the Skiff is still annoyingly noticeable though.

Btw at the top left of the Kait statue screen you see a campaign screen

Looks like Marcus is standing in the ice area?

Dimple

Jan 10, 2018
A console "FFwarrior", a concern troll and a couple of Tim defenders in a thread.... sounds like a great mix, you all do this to yourselves.

This is what happens when we have a big AAA release on the horizon, we're not used to this so we don't know what to do with ourselves lol.

space_nut

Oct 28, 2017
NJ
Yup. I noticed that too. The lack of dust being kicked up by the Skiff is still annoyingly noticeable though.

Looks like Marcus is standing in the ice area?

I think that gif shows a location that isn't the desert we seen before. It looks like a muddy ocean/lake bed that is dried up. I'm guessing the regular desert with sand dunes is where we'll see the dust clouds pick up

GING-SAMA

Banned
Jul 10, 2019
Watching the Control quick look from GB, Remedy is the #1 western studio I'm hoping MS picks up.

I think there is no chance, Microsoft it took too late :(

Guerrilla also helped Remedy to finish Control.

Too bad that Microsoft refused Alan Wake 2, and this does not apply only with Alan Wake.

knightmawk

Dec 12, 2018
Alright, I think we need a big rumor to get us back on track.

My sources (me) tell me that Matt Booty will be announcing at X019 that Xbox has acquired, in a first for Xbox, a studio founded by a person who's name starts with a vowel.

MilesQ

Oct 25, 2017
I think that gif shows a location that isn't the desert we seen before. It looks like a muddy ocean/lake bed that is dried up. I'm guessing the regular desert with sand dunes is where we'll see the dust clouds pick up

Could be, I think it's the same location but the weather is having an impact. We can see some debris kicked up by the storm right as the camera pans from left to right.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
Said it many times. If there was a change MS and Remedy would teamed up it would have happened already between 2010 and 2015. Then Remedy changed their whole company and moved on.

Deleted member 5764

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

GING-SAMA

Banned
Jul 10, 2019
Microsoft need kick ass Western or Polska studio. They lost remedy and they need another studio.

Techland
IO interactive
Flying wild hog
Or New studio from the scratch like the Initiative.

My dream :

Western/Polska studio
J-RPG Studio (Tabata studio please)
Iron Galaxy

And I think XGS is complete.

christocolus

Oct 27, 2017
I think there is no chance, Microsoft it took too late :(

Guerrilla also helped Remedy to finish Control.

Too bad that Microsoft refused Alan Wake 2, and this does not apply only with Alan Wake.

Fergusson/Obsidian , Major also congratulated them.. doesnt mean anything. devs in different studios could actually be friends and iirc Neil and Sam exchanged copies of Quantum Break and Uncharted 4 back in 2016.

Kolbe1894

Oct 25, 2017
I don't even know why getting Remedy is good idea at all, for 10 years they only give Microsoft 2 series without successful sales.
Then buying Remedy is likely even more expensive than Sony buying Insomniac.

It feels like some people want MS(or Sony) buy Redmedy so they can have a new bullet for console war.

MilesQ

Oct 25, 2017

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
Xbox is streaming Control. You know what that means.
One guy is wearing a control shirt and the other one a Gears one.

www.twitch.tv

Twitch

Twitch is the world's leading video platform and community for gamers.

Deleted member 5764

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't even know why getting Remedy is good idea at all, for 10 years they only give Microsoft 2 series without successful sales.
Then buying Remedy is likely even more expensive than Sony buying Insomniac.

It feels like some people want MS(or Sony) buy Redmedy so they can have a new bullet for console war.

Bingo!

Mack

Banned
May 30, 2019
Microsoft need kick ass Western or Polska studio. They lost remedy and they need another studio.

Techland
IO interactive
Flying wild hog

My dream :

Western/Polska studio
Iron Galaxy

It's not Polska, but polskie. Trust me buddy, I'm a Pole ;)

Kolbe1894

Oct 25, 2017

Techland
IO interactive
Flying wild hog

My dream :

Western/Polska studio
Iron Galaxy

"lost Remedy" wat?

Status
Not open for further replies.