Status
Not open for further replies.

gremlinz1982

Aug 11, 2018
i know the Xbox X with Do alot better than the One in term of sales especially with the Game Pass but they want beat PS5 yet that's why they need those deal
As a consumer, I would much rather they spent that money upping their game; adding talent, making more quality games for Game Pass, improving services. If the competition is still looking to pay to get some exclusivity, then so be it.

DukeBlueBall

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Seattle, WA
Reminder that VRS confirmed in XSX is a big deal. Tier 2 offers up to 50% increased fps for negligible graphical reduction.
www.resetera.com

VRS tier 2 offers up to 50% fps increase for negligible graphical trade-off.

Courtesy of resident expert dgrdsv. In combination with the flop efficiencies, the RPM, the conservative rasterizer, VRS the 10TF+ Navi in the new console might actually perform like a 20TF+ Polaris part in certain scenarios. That's not even including the RT/AI capabilities.

I wouldn't be surprised the Series X GPU, if maximizing all its features (HW RT, VRS, better efficiency), is the equal of a hypothetical 24TF GCN GPU.

coma

Oct 28, 2017
The dot filling in on the screen with the studio's logo came off to me as signaling it was related to Ninja Theory and not necessarily Hellblade-related.

Kiekura

Mar 23, 2018
mtHBl03.jpg

fGSvNrC.jpg

bgY8qge.jpg

Dude. Awesome

Vico

Jan 3, 2018
Yeah, I really feel like they were saying "wait for it, we have one more in the works". Expecting the last game to be even more different than Bleeding Edge and Hellblade, something in between

Aldi

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
Any Series X thread is going to be a plethora of people posting pictures of other box shaped devices isn't it? Like we're somehow going to have our minds blown that a speaker/fridge/HDD/PC/Server cabinet etc is also box shaped...

Anyway, now iv'e got that off my chest i want to say i love what Microsoft is doing and i was totally shocked that they announced this so soon. Will be super excited to see what the newly acquired studios have coming.

Detective Pidgey

Alt Account
Banned
Jun 4, 2019
What is this now about the SSD "only" having a speed of 2GB/sec instead of the apparently rumored to be in PS5 20GB/sec? Highly doubt it.

coma

Oct 28, 2017
Interesting quotes from Moon from the Ori thread:

Of course. Internally we're also pitching around the idea of maybe making a version of Will of the Wisps that supports 120hz on the Xbox Series X, but that'll be up to Microsoft to decide, so feel free to tweet Phil about that :D I think it'd be neat if Ori would be one of the first games to ring in the new era of console games supporting a higher refresh rate than 60hz. A lot of TVs out there already support 120hz and by the time the XSX launches, that'll be even more commonplace, so people should have content that makes use of that new tech :)

When Blind Forest shipped, we were still a crafty, smaller indie dev, but by now we're becoming more and more of a powerhouse and we'll soft-announce something soon that should clarify that we're not messing around and are going to compete at the highest level. It's gonna be fun :D

Though from past comments, it doesn't seem like this other game is Xbox exclusive.

2D Metroid please

Ebtesam

Self-Requested Ban
Apr 1, 2018
Activision is aggressive with exclusive offers, in the 360 era they demanded a share of Xbox Live payments for exclusive publicity. Microsoft did not continue with that.
i doubt Sony agreed to this MS loss the deal coz sony paid more that's all

As a consumer, I would much rather they spent that money upping their game; adding talent, making more quality games for Game Pass, improving services. If the competition is still looking to pay to get some exclusivity, then so be it.
they can balance like Sony

Interesting quotes from Moon from the Ori thread:

Though from past comments, it doesn't seem like this other game is Xbox exclusive.

2D Metroid please

yes i think their upcoming Game will be multiple platforms (Xbox,Switch,PC&PS5)

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
I was fully expecting the next game from the "Hellblade team" to be a launch title. Even more when Hellblade 1 release in 2017.
Now i really have no idea what will launch next to Halo Infinite. I still dont expect a Forza also. Maybe some "second party" game.

predrag

Oct 27, 2017
Just think about it, revealing series X this early will give them a LOT of time to deep dive into every feature of hardware, OS, and services, plus games announced for new console. I am sure that, after holidays, we will get weekly/biweekly updates and info.

Bear and bird

Oct 27, 2017
I was fully expecting the next game from the "Hellblade team" to be a launch title. Even more when Hellblade 1 release in 2017.
Now i really have no idea what will launch next to Halo Infinite. I still dont expect a Forza also. Maybe some "second party" game.
If Forza is skipping next year as well, I'd like to see them revive PGR for a one-off release. They could partner up with an independent studio and provide support from Turn10 and/or Playground.

This would probably get me on board at launch:
-Halo Infinite
-PGR5
-KI4
-New IP

gremlinz1982

Aug 11, 2018
they can balance like Sony
All I am saying is that there are better ways to use that money, and they seem to understand that.
They have:
a) Bought new studios and seen their expansion.
b) Spent money to bring bigger games into Game Pass.

These two are a vastly better return to me as a consumer than spending money on timed exclusive content.

Detective Pidgey

Alt Account
Banned
Jun 4, 2019
The "problem" with seeing things like Hellblade 2 this early, that any other upcoming current gen like Halo Infinite just won't amaze you as much anymore. It's such a bummer Halo isn't a game fully built for XBOX, but actually a Xbox One game.

That being said I shouldn't judge too early and certainly shouldn't underestimate 343. Apart from the in engine trailer showing the landscape last year and the cutscene this year we have seen so very little.

DukeBlueBall

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Seattle, WA
The "problem" with seeing things like Hellblade 2 this early, that any other upcoming current gen like Halo Infinite just won't amaze you as much anymore. It's such a bummer Halo isn't a game fully built for XBOX, but actually a Xbox One game.

That being said I shouldn't judge too early and certainly shouldn't underestimate 343. Apart from the in engine trailer showing the landscape last year and the cutscene this year we have seen so very little.

My speculation is that the big upgrade graphically for Halo on Scarlett would be 120 fps, vs 30 fps on base consoles. As for RT effects at that frame rate, I am less optimistic than before after the Hellblade 2 reveal (30fps).

gremlinz1982

Aug 11, 2018

E3 cannot come soon enough for us to actually see games running on these consoles.

coma

Oct 28, 2017
With how prominent a racing game was in the XSX reveal, it'd be kinda weird if there wasn't a Forza at/near launch. Playground has managed to hit a 2 year cycle while delivering an amazing game and DLC each time, so there isn't really any reason to think they wouldn't be able to hit 2020.

momottolo

Aug 20, 2019
I know you people have all gone crazy about the new xbox but can you please answer this question because i can't seem to find a proper answer and i'm close to pull the trigger for the xbox one s digital

Does the xbox one have the remote play for local wifi connection ?

papahefe

Apr 29, 2018
I know this is early given that the TGAs were just yesterday and the games are not out yet, but do you think we'll see Xbox turn a new leaf at the show next gen? While it's no secret that the One's lineup hasn't reached the same success as the PS4's, great games like Forza Horizon 4, Gears 4 and 5 and Quantum Break were overlooked for GOTY. Only Outer Worlds, a multi-plat MS title published by Public Division was nominated.

Going into Next Gen, we have the most promising looking Halo in eons which may BOTW the series, a gorgeous looking new IP from Rare, a sequel to an awards darling that ups the scope in Hellblade 2, a AAA 3rd/1st person RPG from InXile, A Forza Motorsport reinvention, A more open Gears 6, Forza Horizon 5 and the Playground RPG, Outer Worlds 2 and a new AAA RPG from Obsidian, a massive AAAA game from the promising team at The Initiative, a massive MMO-type game for State of Decay (according to rumors), further quirky works from Obsidian, Compulsion, Double Fine and InXile and other unknown Global Publishing and XGS games.

Surely something has to stick, right? Not that it fully matters of course, even games not beloved like Crackdown 3 I had tons of fun with, I just want to see the devs hard work pay off.
THIS RIGHT HERE

i cannot understand the mind that reads all that, processes it, accepts and understands it, and STILL isn't excited and optimistic.

does. not. compute.

all hype, all the way, all for that sweet sweet series X. can't wait!

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
I dont think the part of Halo Infinite is random tho. Its not also a scene or something from Halo but for sure is a hint.

rokkerkory

Banned
Jun 14, 2018
With how prominent a racing game was in the XSX reveal, it'd be kinda weird if there wasn't a Forza at/near launch. Playground has managed to hit a 2 year cycle while delivering an amazing game and DLC each time, so there isn't really any reason to think they wouldn't be able to hit 2020.

I think FM8 will hit first?

pg2g

Dec 18, 2018
I dont think the part of Halo Infinite is random tho. Its not also a scene or something from Halo but for sure is a hint.

What is the reason people are so sure that this isn't from the game? I would like to think all 3 games shown in the reveal trailer are real with fancy transitions between them. Guess we'll see.

solis74

Jun 11, 2018

Dyashen

Dec 20, 2017
Belgium
Even though we've been constantly (and deservedly) talking about HB2's visuals, Gears Tactics character models look mighty fine as well.
Looking as detailed as Gears 5 + set in a scenario that hasn't been made into a fully fledged game. Super glad with the things TC has done with Gears since they ever took helm of the series :)

sid.jpg

gabe.jpg

ukkon.jpg

Dyashen

Dec 20, 2017
Belgium
www.resetera.com

Xbox studio Undead Labs is opening a second studio and a partnered game development academy in New Orleans, Louisiana

Link: Undead Labs Website Supposedly SOD3 will be a much bigger game than SOD2 : Microsoft talks State of Decay 3, envisions 'much bigger' persistent online game Undead Labs has also grown quite a bit since the acquisition already, is State of Decay become a big AAA franchise for MS?

Sweet! Can't wait to see what Jeff and the teams at UL do under the XGS umbrella :)

Sotha_Sil

Nov 4, 2017
www.resetera.com

Xbox studio Undead Labs is opening a second studio and a partnered game development academy in New Orleans, Louisiana

Link: Undead Labs Website Supposedly SOD3 will be a much bigger game than SOD2 : Microsoft talks State of Decay 3, envisions 'much bigger' persistent online game Undead Labs has also grown quite a bit since the acquisition already, is State of Decay become a big AAA franchise for MS?

NOLA, nice. Louisiana needs all the help it can get, so it's great to see tech companies moving in (even if it's something small). I'm actually moving to NOLA next month for work. If I can get some of the places I've been looking at in East Carrollton, I'll be blocks away from inXile, coincidentally.

Status
Not open for further replies.