• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

NippleViking

May 2, 2018
The "leak" is posted above - like always, take it with a grain of salt. It could easily be made up, because the rumor itself plays it safe and ambiguous for the most part. But maybe not.

We are definitely getting something in May and then June tho. And based on shinobi's recent comments, and common sense, the June event will be more packed with games (I think we can all agree it doesn't make sense to have a big event then a small event).
Can we please stop sharing this? That 4chan post followed after Shinobi and Tom Warren suggested there'd be more than one event (with one in May and one in June). Had it preceded this it might be worth considering, but as it stands it's literally just latching onto other genuine insiders.

I'd set expectations at a spontaneous video and blog drop for Lockhart without games. Anything more will be gravy

Detective Pidgey

Alt Account
Banned
Jun 4, 2019
I'm watching all the Bond movies again and naturally a lot of gadgets are being used here and it makes me think of what PD could be like with gadgets and whatever else they have planned for the game. I really hope we get a proper reveal and not just a logo thingy and that's it.

DntSpwnOnMe

Oct 25, 2017
Uh so I was listening to Kinda Funny Games Daily just now and they mentioned that Jeff Grub was in their chat and said May 5th for next Xbox news and June 4th for PS5 news. He also said June 4th in the PS5 system architecture thread here earlier today.

23:55 is where the discussion starts. He's been fairly reliable in the past, no?

Who is Jeff Grub?

GING-SAMA

Banned
Jul 10, 2019
Uh so I was listening to Kinda Funny Games Daily just now and they mentioned that Jeff Grub was in their chat and said May 5th for next Xbox news and June 4th for PS5 news. He also said June 4th in the PS5 system architecture thread here earlier today.

23:55 is where the discussion starts. He's been fairly reliable in the past, no?

5th may ?

So :

-Xbox Series X deep dive technologies,Ray tracing,Next gen AI,Velocity Architecture, Upgrade OS etc...

-Halo Infinite Gameplay Reveal

-New Accessory

-Elden Ring Gameplay Reveal

We move
DemandingUnsightlyChuckwalla-size_restricted.gif

DrScruffleton

Oct 26, 2017
I'm confused on all the leaks lol. Went from people saying tomorrow is an Xbox reveal, to people saying an announcement of a conference, then to an assassins creed reveal.

GING-SAMA

Banned
Jul 10, 2019
I'm watching all the Bond movies again and naturally a lot of gadgets are being used here and it makes me think of what PD could be like with gadgets and whatever else they have planned for the game. I really hope we get a proper reveal and not just a logo thingy and that's it.

Yep, he has to make a real reveal by showing gameplay the first time like God of war.

To show the Reboot third person aspect, MGS / Splinter Cell like etc...

Hilbert

Oct 27, 2017
Pacific Northwest!
I've been saying that for years. Halo 5 is hated on mostly because it's 343 Industries. If it was a Bungie game it would be getting mass praise from alot of those same fans. I agree it has issues and could have used more time to flesh out characters and use a better visual style with certain characters and NPC's. But it's a good Halo campaign, not great, but good.

I can agree with this sentiment, I also played Halo 5 recently for the first time, and I was kind of baffled by how much people hate it. I enjoyed the story, I liked the dual squads with one hunting down the other. I see people complain about the same boss over and over, and that's valid, but I have to admit I didn't notice it at the time.

I don't play multiplayer though.

Detective Pidgey

Alt Account
Banned
Jun 4, 2019

May 5th for Xbox News, wonder if that's just an update on the system or a new game or pointing to a digital event. Absolutely hoping for the latter, it is time!

I'm new to ERA sorry 🥺

Nah, it's all good. :)

Yep, he has to make a real reveal by showing gameplay the first time like God of war.

To show the Reboot third person aspect, MGS / Splinter Cell like etc...

Hell yeah. So much potential for this. TI really has the potential to become a very successful studio for making AAA action adventures/shooters or maybe several genres.

The good thing about XGS now is that they have creative freedom. So there shouldn't be any "factories" of a particular franchise anymore. You know, like how the criticism was always that 343 is a Halo factory while TC a Gears factory.

So depending on how successful Fable and PD will be, it would be nice if these new studios try their hand at different genres and/or IPs in the future.

lunanto

Banned
Dec 1, 2017

I knew him from having "leaked" the date of the last Nintendo Mini Direct, many many days prior and totally trusting his source so... I want to believe him obviously.

So... something minor as soon as tomorrow (Lockhart announcement??)...

and something more meaty on May 5th.

May 5th is pretty soon guys! :)

Prine

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If it's 3rd person, I think Watchdogs has a lot of interesting ideas that would fit perfectly. I think the hacking of public infrastructure is pretty stupid and reckless (detriment to the game as your in God mode) which can't be explained away, but how you hack cameras was pretty cool. There needs to be some tension though, an ever present danger, if your hacking cameras you can't be surveilling for too long before you detected etc. I can imagine a whole bunch off cool looking gadgets, with satisfying animations, sounds and real meaningful gameplay behind them to help in stealth can combat, god, this game could be magnificent.

solis74

Jun 11, 2018

we will soon see

In Amber Clad

rather sultry
Aug 26, 2018
London
He's a locust drone obviously.

I was going to say he's a good friend of Pete Munch, but this is just better.

I can agree with this sentiment, I also played Halo 5 recently for the first time, and I was kind of baffled by how much people hate it. I enjoyed the story, I liked the dual squads with one hunting down the other. I see people complain about the same boss over and over, and that's valid, but I have to admit I didn't notice it at the time.

I don't play multiplayer though.

That's a shame, the MP is fantastic.

GING-SAMA

Banned
Jul 10, 2019
I try to remain positive about BioWare but I feel the new Dragon Age will be total dogshit.

Yes me too but we can't, unless there is a generation of genius at BioWare right now to do things as strong as the veterans.

But all the veterans thinking heads have left, founded studios, etc.

1 studio which will have to be observed very closely is Archetype entertainment leaded by James Ohlen, it''s going to be one of the new next gen AAA RPG studios with Playground Games.

Detective Pidgey

Alt Account
Banned
Jun 4, 2019
If it's 3rd person, I think Watchdogs has a lot of interesting ideas that would fit perfectly. I think the hacking of public infrastructure is pretty stupid and reckless (detriment to the game as your in God mode) which can't be explained away, but how you hack cameras was pretty cool. There needs to be some tension though, an ever present danger, if your hacking cameras you can't be surveilling for too long before you detected etc. I can imagine a whole bunch off cool looking gadgets, with satisfying animations, sounds and real meaningful gameplay behind them to help in stealth can combat, god, this game could be magnificent.

Yeah absolutely!

The one and only thing I just want to them to confirm (next to showing gameplay hopefully) is that it's not a co-op only experience, or online only, or MMO, or like Destiny. I really hope TI's first game (likely PD) is a singleplayer game with optional co-op and The Coalition handling the MP.

dodmaster

Apr 27, 2019
I don't think any new games will be shown, maybe some teased for a later event. People expecting gameplay of Fable ... need to wake up. It's been in development for what, 2 years? No chance.

Detective Pidgey

Alt Account
Banned
Jun 4, 2019
I'm not gonna give up hope yet. Don't forget that we're still in April. This appetizer, whatever it is doesn't necessarily have to be the only thing in May that is Xbox related.

We had several people, legit ones hinting at two events. I remember that those words were used.

Detective Pidgey

Alt Account
Banned
Jun 4, 2019
I don't think any new games will be shown, maybe some teased for a later event. People expecting gameplay of Fable ... need to wake up. It's been in development for what, 2 years? No chance.

But why not? Sony showed off plenty of games with gameplay and it still took at least 1,5 years or longer until they released. Showing off gameplay even if we won't be playing it until sometime 2022 brings excitement, videos and news articles.

Maybe not direct feed ten minutes footage but maybe a minute or two? A lot can be shown that gives us a good idea what to expect.

obama

Sep 16, 2019
EWtr9hxXQAcuZUu

TIL Xbox has an AOE support studio called Forgotten Empires. Does anyone know more about it, for example if the studio was merged with Worlds Edge?

dodmaster

Apr 27, 2019
But why not? Sony showed off plenty of games with gameplay and it still took at least 1,5 years or longer until they released. Showing off gameplay even if we won't be playing it until sometime 2022 brings excitement, videos and news articles.

Maybe not direct feed ten minutes footage but maybe a minute or two? A lot can be shown that gives us a good idea what to expect.
Even if MS are confident that they can get a game over the line from this far out, I sincerely doubt that after only two years of development, a AAA WRPG project has anywhere near the semblance of a polished 'next gen' gameplay experience worthy of a trailer. I'd love to be wrong, but I see this being a minimum four year project, given that Playground haven't made an RPG before.

RedSparrows

Prophet of Regret
Feb 22, 2019
Playing through Halo 5 again in the run up to Infinite, and to collect all the intel/skulls. Ive got to say that this campaign really gets dunked on excessively. There are issues, but these are dwelled on and the good stuff ignored.

Some of the art is fantastic, particularly Genesis and Sanghelios where the scenery is as good as
anything in any Halo. Taking the elevator down at Meridian conveys scale really well.

Something I also hear too often is how the "multiple paths" are glorified shortcuts, but they're really not. Many play spaces are incredibly complex and offer tonnes of routes with loads of vertical layers.

The characters are stronger than I remember, too. Roland and Exuberant Witness stand out, but the side conversations within Osiris are often fascinating - particularly around their views on the Spartan IIs.

Overall I'm enjoying it a lot. Is it better than most Halo campaigns? No - but it sure as shit is better than the vast majority of shooters.

Yup. Game get sso much totally underserved shit, alongside some valid criticisms. As Amber Clad says, it feels terrific in the hands too.

Status
Not open for further replies.