Status
Not open for further replies.

Bradwaung

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Feel free to point out a post where I've had to reassure myself that everything will be OK just before an Xbox/Nintendo/Sony event.
I'm not going to waste my time going through your post history. You know you're a playstation fan, it's ok. Just don't go to an Xbox thread and start acting like you're above all this (you're not).

Xumbrega

Oct 25, 2017
Brasil
I'm excited to see what Sony is bringing to the table, a nice conference by them would put a lot of pressure on Team Xbox to deliver on July's conference, which can mean only good things to us, that's how competition works :).

Also, there will be third-party games, so we can already can get a glimpse of what we can expect on Series X later this year and in 2021.

But yeah, July seems so far away :(

JohnLennon

May 16, 2020
Why are we talking about Xbox on a PS5 topic? Can we not do this in every thread, please?
I mean, I guess it's pretty reasonable to discuss how a PS5-topic would affect the Xbox in the Xbox related thread? Kind of like sports, it's not uncommon for me as a Habs fan to discuss the Leafs' failures in a Habs thread (half-joking!)

Rowsdower

Shinra Employee of The Wise Ones
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Canada
Hey guys, whose excited for Wasteland 3? It's looking really good. I know I get it for free with Gamepass, but I kinda want to buy it day one to support inXile. Also because I own all the other games, would feel weird not owning this one.

Klobrille

Oct 27, 2017
Germany

The final Wasteland 3 dev diary got released.

I really like the style they went for with this small dev diary series and hope it's something XGS can do similar in July, at least for the games that are closer to release.

JINX

Oct 25, 2017
Why are we talking about Xbox on a PS5 topic? Can we not do this in every thread, please?
giphy.gif

Yeah, almost like pro-active damage control
At least it's better than.... pro-active damage 👀

Detective Pidgey

Alt Account
Banned
Jun 4, 2019
Jesus, all this talk about blocking people, damn. I haven't blocked a single person. That being said, for the majority of the time I spent roaming/posting on this forum is in this thread.

That will likely change once I also get the PS5 next year. :)

Prine

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Wtf Xbox UI just got updated? Love the new font and reorganization of the Xbox Menu.

JohnLennon

May 16, 2020

The final Wasteland 3 dev diary got released.

I really like the style they went for with this small dev diary series and hope it's something XGS can do similar in July, at least for the games that are closer to release.

Yeah, big fan of the structure of this series. It's making me want to try this game in particular even though I've never experience the genre before. Cool stuff!

Rowsdower

Shinra Employee of The Wise Ones
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Canada
Jesus, all this talk about blocking people, damn. I haven't blocked a single person. That being said, for the majority of the time I spent roaming/posting on this forum is in this thread.

That will likely change once I also get the PS5 next year. :)

Same here. I will admit I have ignored threads though, some of them get really into the console wars.

bcatwilly

Oct 27, 2017
My last post on the matter, but it is honestly just flat out ridiculous that you can't make a post without being attacked by some in a freaking Xbox thread that starts with words about how it should be fun to see what Sony is doing with the PS5 next week and that many of us will likely have one at some point too (I have owned every prior Sony console) and then points out some of the awesome benefits of the Xbox platform that people should be excited about regardless of some of the inevitable Sony is so much better and going to crush Xbox stuff that will be thrown around by some of these same characters over the next week and prior to launch.

ToadPacShakur

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017

Bradwaung

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Any PS5 games y'all are excited to see? I don't care who does it but I'd love a new JSRF or remake of the game :)
Maybe Horizon Zero Dawn because of how insane it's going to look. I just hope Guerilla Games have better writers and AI this time.

Better AI (from partners and enemies), thanks to the upgraded CPU in the new consoles is also something I'm really excited about.

JohnLennon

May 16, 2020
My last post on the matter, but it is honestly just flat out ridiculous that you can't make a post without being attacked by some in a freaking Xbox thread that starts with words about how it should be fun to see what Sony is doing with the PS5 next week and that many of us will likely have one at some point too (I have owned every prior Sony console) and then points out some of the awesome benefits of the Xbox platform that people should be excited about regardless of some of the inevitable Sony is so much better and going to crush Xbox stuff that will be thrown around by some of these same characters over the next week and prior to launch.
Hey man, don't let some negativity get to you. I saw your post as excitement for your favorite platform and I thought it was cool! I agree with your excitement for the console and I don't think you were trying to take down the PS5 or anything like that. I think as gamers we are all excited to see what the PS5 has to show, and if some are Xbox-only gamers, it only creates more buzz for the Xbox July event. Win-win for us all here on this site!

bsigg

Oct 25, 2017
giphy.gif

I don't see an update 😢 [/update]

It's rolling out to everyone today. It's the new guide, unless you're an insider

Xbox_May2020Update_Hero.jpg

news.xbox.com

May 2020 Xbox One Update Introduces Simpler Guide & More - Xbox Wire

Here at Xbox we believe that gaming is for everyone. To serve both new Xbox gamers and longtime fans, our team has been hard at work streamlining and refining the Xbox experience. Driven by feedback from you, our worldwide community, we are excited to share some new updates and improvements that...

JINX

Oct 25, 2017
It's rolling out to everyone today. It's the new guide, unless you're an insider

news.xbox.com

Here at Xbox we believe that gaming is for everyone. To serve both new Xbox gamers and longtime fans, our team has been hard at work streamlining and refining the Xbox experience. Driven by feedback from you, our worldwide community, we are excited to share some new updates and improvements that...
Oooh thanks, so I'm guessing this is the new simplified guide they have been working on? Nice.

EDIT: Just got it, some nice readability changes and lessening of menu actions.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017

news.xbox.com

I dont see any difference to now?

ToadPacShakur

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Any PS5 games y'all are excited to see? I don't care who does it but I'd love a new JSRF or remake of the game :)

As a person who has wanted a good, Japanese-developed Silent Hill game, that.

Though also a big part of me is hoping that the Sony part of that rumor isn't true and it's multiplatform, BUT I also trust Sony way more than today's Konami in terms of developing said game

bsigg

Oct 25, 2017
I dont see any difference to now?

From the blog post:

Simplified Guide Layout

The Guide is the heart of navigation on Xbox One, letting gamers quickly switch between games and apps or head somewhere else on Home. The Guide is also everything you need to play, in one place, available instantly. Our aspiration is that if you're in a game, you can send a message, start a party and come back so quickly that no one even knows you've left.

We've been working to streamline the Guide for all gamers and testing new layouts with our Xbox Insiders – their feedback has been invaluable in refining the design. The improvements range from structural changes to subtle visual details around badging and notifications, so that the Guide is understandable at-a-glance. The Guide will feel great both the first time you open it and the thousandth time you use it.

The new Guide is designed to be cleaner and easier to read. We've reduced the total number of tabs by combing related experiences and introduced a new default, left-to-right tab order, making it simpler to move around. App and system notifications are now found with the rest of your Alerts, right when you open the guide.

Jump.jpg

We reorganized the People tab to simplify its layout. "Friend Suggestions" are now under "Find someone", making it even easier to find people you may know across Xbox Live. You can now find "Discover Clubs" within the Clubs page, allowing users to find more suggestions for some great communities to join.

People.jpg

The new "Parties & Chats" tab combines Party, messaging and invites into a single location, making it easier to communicate with your friends and fellow gamers.

Parties-chats.jpg

The new "Profile & System" tab consolidates important utilities like Sign-in, Settings and Help, giving you quick access to them from anywhere. Find it under your GamerPic.

Profile-system.jpg

Finally, we know from your feedback that the default tab order isn't right for everybody. For example, some players care more about Achievements than they do about Chats. As part of this update we're also rolling out the ability to customize the tab order to what works for you. Access it via a "Customize guide tabs" option on "Profile & system" tab.

Detective Pidgey

Alt Account
Banned
Jun 4, 2019
it wont be a dead stop as games will still be multiplat beyond 2021 and gass games will support a while longer, and also until all 3rd parties think they can make enough $$ to make the full switch.

but when all is said and done, the game being great is the main selling point, pretty graphics are a bonus :)

Yeah, good point. Ubi for example won't be going full next gen exclusive anytime soon, everything they have announced so far is all for current gen as well, but who knows what they might announce at E3. Let's say they announce a proper new Splinter Cell (ya right) it could be announced as XSX/PS5 exclusive.

As for XGS I think it depends on how far along these games are. Fable I definitely think is next gen only, as is Hellblade 2, maybe Double Fine could be making a cross gen game next to Psychonauts 2? But I can't deny that I hope that they all make the move to XSX only as soon as possible to truly take full advantage of everything the system has to offer. And I don't doubt that some stuff just can't be scaled down.

Also, why keep Xbox One around for so long.....where does that leave the Lockhart? :)

bcatwilly

Oct 27, 2017
I can't wait to see Halo Infinite, and hopefully it is part of the answer to those concerned about "cross-gen" games when you see things like the description from the Halo Infinite art book on Amazon:

The legendary super soldier returns in Halo Infinite. 343 Industries and Microsoft are building the biggest and most visually spectacular Halo yet. Halo Infinite debuts on the Xbox family of consoles, including Xbox Series X, Microsoft's latest and most powerful game console. To take full advantage of its prodigious graphical prowess, 343 Industries built an all-new, next-generation game engine, giving their world-class artists the tools and technology to realize the worlds, war, and wonder of the Halo universe in unprecedented style and fidelity. 343 Industries have given Dark Horse access to the art and artists who've brought Halo Infinite to vibrant, vivid life. It's all here in unparalleled detail, the heroes you've grown to love--the Master Chief, the brave soldiers of the UNSC, as well as the weapons, vehicles, villains and vistas--and of course, the eponymous and magnificent environments of Halo itself.

Status
Not open for further replies.