Status
Not open for further replies.

SRV

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 29, 2017
I can't choose betwdeen Fable and Halo, I'm also excited for Avowed in the future and the Hellblade 2 trailer is hype so no, I wil just take them all ;)

Dec 11, 2017
Excited to commit to the vision again but really need to start seeing things shown. It's starting to become a bit of a worry this late on.

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Yeah recent DF comments and basically zero Series X gameplay 2 months before launch is starting to frustrate me.
Its weird. I am not worried about it, since I know MS will bring the goods, especially in regards to BC updates etc but the lack of actual Series X footage, outside of Minecraft RT, is really weird. I am also not worried about the tech inside the system. It all sounds super nice and the price is fantastic. I just want some more footage haha. Maybe Oct?? Please!!

lost7

Feb 20, 2018
What's there to worry about? We've already seen third party games on PS5 and I would expect the same games to look slightly better on XsX. No need to make everything a conspiracy lol

solis74

Jun 11, 2018
Why not dynamic res? IMHO, 1080p on Series X looks embarrasing, for a last gen game.

Also, isnt XSX more powerful than PS5? why not 1440p/60 fps?

You must understand that what res/effects we get in the game is upto the dev\pubs not MS, also this is the start of a new gen with new tools (especially for XGS with its new GDK) so with these new technique on consoles like RT devs will need time to get efficient in the execution and getting balances just right. So i would not be concerned with the 4k/30 and 1080/60 options.
That being said RT as stated before is very expensive, but you can use lighter version depending on what you want to achieve, with DMC it looks like they have gone for heavy usage on all reflections so yeas very expensive, and most current top end PC graphic cards would do the same res.

Zg9

Jan 18, 2020
That is quiet incredible. They really optimized the hell out of it. It looks fantastic and play at 60. It performed even better on Switch than the One

Microsoft should really buy this studio.
Did someone buy it already ?

It's what I've always thought, it would be a great acquisition for Xbox Game Studios but recently Moon Studios are working with Private Division (Take-Two) for their next game but it's a matter of time for Microsoft to acquire it.

SRV

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 29, 2017
Just got confirmed that I can preorder both the S and the X. Yes!!

solis74

Jun 11, 2018
Beautiful!

www.4gamer.net

“小さな巨人”「Xbox Series S」のテクニカルディテールが明らかに。開発者インタビューもお届け

Microsoftの次世代ゲーム機「Xbox Series X」の弟分となる「Xbox Series S」。光学ドライブを搭載しない“デジタル版”として,Xbox史上最小となる筐体に次世代要素を盛り込みつつ,価格を3万2980円(税抜き)に抑えたことでゲーマーの注目を集めている。このXbox Series Sのテクノロジーに関するブリーフィングを受けたので,紹介しよう。

003.jpg

004.jpg

005.jpg

rokkerkory

Banned
Jun 14, 2018
Beautiful!

www.4gamer.net

“小さな巨人”「Xbox Series S」のテクニカルディテールが明らかに。開発者インタビューもお届け

Microsoftの次世代ゲーム機「Xbox Series X」の弟分となる「Xbox Series S」。光学ドライブを搭載しない“デジタル版”として,Xbox史上最小となる筐体に次世代要素を盛り込みつつ,価格を3万2980円(税抜き)に抑えたことでゲーマーの注目を集めている。このXbox Series Sのテクノロジーに関するブリーフィングを受けたので,紹介しよう。

003.jpg

004.jpg

005.jpg

XSS is a hot little machine

Kevin360

OG Direct OP
Oct 25, 2017
It's still available, but potentially only through the dashboard. There's a chance, although possibly a small one, that it could disappear when next gen comes along, so it might be worth finding a way to take advantage of it sooner rather than later.
Wait? Is it true that this only works through the dashboard?

I've already sold my One X. 😭

biglo25

Apr 28, 2020
It is funny when i hear someone say in a forum or on reddit or twitter that why would they get an Xbox when they have a pc which completely misses the point Microsoft is making next gen is that they really don't care if you do it on Xbox or pc as long as you buy the game either on steam or through the Xbox Gamepass For PC a one time purchase or a recurring purchase. It is directly from Microsoft Playbook like with office they rather you go with the subscription.

Deleted member 5028

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
www.resetera.com

Papercraft Xbox Series S|X: Print it, make it - does it fit into your home theatre?

Worried about space when it comes to introducing a next gen Xbox into the mix? Spend your Sunday, weekendEra with some papercraft and see where you are likely to place your next-gen Xbox purchase. You might be helping someone figure out a furniture or purchasing solution ahead of preorders next...
Tried to make this poll as troll free as possible

In Amber Clad

behind a perfect mask
Aug 26, 2018
London
Sooooooooo... RE: receiving MS Rewards Points against the purchase of the Series X at the MS Store; I asked Xbox Support over Twitter a couple of days ago and received no response, and I just spoke to an agent on live chat, who said there is as yet, "no announcement." So I guess the support agent just wasn't able to find any info about it (they did mention to check back online, but we're two days out from pre-order, sooo...).

So. I'm none the wiser!

SRV

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 29, 2017
Sooooooooo... RE: receiving MS Rewards Points against the purchase of the Series X at the MS Store; I asked Xbox Support over Twitter a couple of days ago and received no response, and I just spoke to an agent on live chat, who said there is as yet, "no announcement." So I guess the support agent just wasn't able to find any info about it (they did mention to check back online, but we're two days out from pre-order, sooo...).

So. I'm none the wiser!
Ffs haha. Hopefully you find out sooner rather than later.

Good newd on my end, I've managed to get confirmation that I'll be able to preorder both the S and X. Roll on Tuesday morning!

Kevin360

OG Direct OP
Oct 25, 2017
I couldn't swear to it, but I think I heard that.

Might be worth finding a friend with an Xbox and getting them to sign you up if it is true.
It works through the Microsoft site as well, I did it a few weeks ago!

Phewww! I don't have any friends. 😅

But really, I've been trying to find cheaper XBL codes for a few weeks to pull this off. It looks to me that $58is the lowest they're going for right now.

Prine

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Posting this here, recent XCast, great line up. Parris and Gary Whitta, first time I've seen the two together!

youtu.be

How to Prepare for Xbox Pre-Orders! - Kinda Funny Xcast Ep. 10

SnowBikeMike, Alanah Pearce, and Gary Whitta are joined by Parris from Gamertag Radio to talk about how Xbox can follow up on the disastrous PS5 pre-order si...

Stroke of genius on CDPR behalf, launching Cyberpunk as new consoles and PC cards hit the market, it'll be one of the best experience to test drive your new hardware.

Last edited:

Axel Stone

Jan 10, 2020

So. I'm none the wiser!

Thanks for the update.

Solsc

Oct 29, 2017
Phewww! I don't have any friends. 😅

But really, I've been trying to find cheaper XBL codes for a few weeks to pull this off. It looks to me that $58is the lowest they're going for right now.
Try in the BST thread. I was able to pick up two 12 month codes for $44 each yesterday. And to double confirm I was able to convert that to GPU here:
www.xbox.com

Upgrade Your Xbox Live Gold Membership to Ultimate | Xbox

Upgrade to Xbox Game Pass Ultimate and receive great benefits.

solis74

Jun 11, 2018
Its weird. I am not worried about it, since I know MS will bring the goods, especially in regards to BC updates etc but the lack of actual Series X footage, outside of Minecraft RT, is really weird. I am also not worried about the tech inside the system. It all sounds super nice and the price is fantastic. I just want some more footage haha. Maybe Oct?? Please!!

and Gears 5 :)

but yeah not worried, i'm more worried about not securing a system come pre-order lol

SRV

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 29, 2017
Posting this here, recent XCast, great line up. Parris and Gary Whitta together, first time I've seen the two together!

youtu.be

How to Prepare for Xbox Pre-Orders! - Kinda Funny Xcast Ep. 10

SnowBikeMike, Alanah Pearce, and Gary Whitta are joined by Parris from Gamertag Radio to talk about how Xbox can follow up on the disastrous PS5 pre-order si...
Love the podcast, I've discovered a weird trait about myself because of it. I will wait until there are two episodes out, so if I want to watch it, I have a spare one to watch at any point and shorten the time until the new episode lol.

Prine

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Love the podcast, I've discovered a weird trait about myself because of it. I will wait until there are two episodes out, so if I want to watch it, I have a spare one to watch at any point and shorten the time until the new episode lol.
Haha, this was my strategy for Dragon Ball Z back in the day.

In Amber Clad

behind a perfect mask
Aug 26, 2018
London

cyrribrae

Chicken Chaser
Jan 21, 2019

You know, with the base, the PS5 vertically might actually take up essentially the same footprint as the XSX. Even with both horizontal, the XSX might not be significantly thicker because of the added base (which the official dimensions do not account for). I don't think it's THAT big of a deal one way or the other, but uhh yea. I imagine there are going to be some annoyed PS5 owners come launch day when they realize that the weird shape and dimensions means they mismeasured.

Sidenote: this art style is really cute haha. I like it. Were that all our electronics look like this, I may actually be more excited about this next gen ;)

VinFTW

Oct 25, 2017
Why would you post this here after you walked back your comments on the other thread?
Why are you assuming I say this in a negative light?

DF said the dev kit is a change, it's newer and for some developers has to be re learned. It helps explain why there's such a lack of Series X footage. Doesn't mean it's not frustrating.

Interesting you pick this post rather than the dozens or so others asking for Seres X footage 2 months prior to launch...

Status
Not open for further replies.