Status
Not open for further replies.

cyrribrae

Chicken Chaser
Jan 21, 2019
Did you guys know Asobo made Hololens games before and has their own B2B solution for AR with HoloForge? With FS being a 10 years plan and Asobo helping with games like Quantum Break it just makes so much sense for Microsoft to purchase them. I think this is the secret studios.

I can't wait either. I want to see those loadtimes.
Yea. It's where the idea of Flight Sim came from, as they were working together on Holo Tour. Of course, they also made the much maligned Young Conker. But, I think the coolest example of what was possible with Holo Lens was Fragments, an AR game that conformed to your room. It was a fairly standard mystery, but it played out around you in parts. Honestly, kind of a Remember Me sort of deal (Gosh, imagine the possibilities if they had both dontnod and asobo lol).

But since the headset had IR cameras and computer vision AI, it could infer what a couch was or what a chair was. And so, when you're looking around, you would see a scene where one character is sitting in your couch and another one is standing next to the table and another is sitting on a chair to the side, all chatting with each other or looking at the player. Kinda weird, but cool.

It is weird!
I replayed the video from Youtube and it's a match from the screenshot :/
Looking at the RadBrad video and DF's video from yesterday, it seems like the Xbox Series X looks a lot like the PC version either way lol. Course, Alex was saying that the PC version being more muted and less reflective was a sign of increased accuracy, so if what this person is saying is correct, then I suppose they're just going for less realism on the PC, as well? Lol, who knows. Seems like good news regardless.

Oh, wow. That doesn't seems user friendly at all. I mean the "download anything and pay later" stuff is great but I haven't seen a digital store where the only option to buy anything is to search for them. No upcoming or new releases, no deals...
Thanks anyways!
They confirmed they're still working on that stuff. They literally JUST entered beta with this stuff. The unspoken subtext is that they released it early for some reason, perhaps to get around the test flight restrictions on iOS betas. It's kinda pointless to have only 10k people testing console streaming on iOS, so they just fasttracked it to release so they can keep iterating from here with a lot more feedback.

Terror-Billy

Chicken Chaser
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Well I just tested positive for the rona

If I don't make it, think of my name when you boot up Gears 6
Get well soon. I tested positive on April and I'm still here. My best wishes to you and your family. You have to survive so you can see Era burn down when MS purchases Sega lol.

dedge

Sep 15, 2019
Wow. I played Halo 1 in MCC collection earlier this year ahead of the Infinite launch but stopped before starting 2 (I've only played 1 and 2 so the rest are new). Really glad I held off.

LeMillion

Jun 9, 2020
Oh shit, MCC upgrade!

Was MCC not in 4K on the One X? Or is that bit just about it being up to 4K along with 120?

cyrribrae

Chicken Chaser
Jan 21, 2019
Haha, that's interesting. Wondering what that means in practice and whether we're gonna get other upgrades. 343 is doing a lot all at once, aren't they? lol.

Kevin360

OG Direct OP
Oct 25, 2017
Well I just tested positive for the rona

If I don't make it, think of my name when you boot up Gears 6
I was just there this past week, my guy. I know everyone's experience is different, but it kicked my butt for a few days, both my kids ran fevers for a day (but otherwise were fine), and my wife tested negative (she's 29 weeks pregnant) and seems to have dodged it.

Hope for a switch recovery!

tarman76

Oct 27, 2017
Cool news about MCC. My play through stalled halfway through H2 so now ill just wait a bit longer.

arsene_P5

Prophet of Regret
Apr 17, 2020
I had a dream about the next Forza Horizon having a showcase event set in Albion. As ridiculous as that sounds, it could be used as a tech demo.
I share your dream and that would be really cool.
It seems news are coming late today.
What news? Something else than MCC getting a patch?
Yea. It's where the idea of Flight Sim came from, as they were working together on Holo Tour.
Oh I didn't know this. Thanks
Wow. I am so impressed by MS and their commitment to patch games for free.

wrhwk

Oct 27, 2017
Szeged, Hungary
They confirmed they're still working on that stuff. They literally JUST entered beta with this stuff. The unspoken subtext is that they released it early for some reason, perhaps to get around the test flight restrictions on iOS betas. It's kinda pointless to have only 10k people testing console streaming on iOS, so they just fasttracked it to release so they can keep iterating from here with a lot more feedback.

It's in beta? I don't see they mention it anywhere. Also if it's in beta then it's an awful strategy to update a good, working app on every platform to a version with less functions (and to a beta state, if it is). I mean I have checked it since my question, I literally can't buy anything now using ANY of the Xbox apps (because there's 4 different ones right now on the play store and the Xbox and Xbox beta is the same, just as the Game Pass and Game Pass Beta), even with the search function Klobrille mentioned I can only download the games to a console but there's no option to buy them. So basically we can say that there isn't a store now on mobile.

arsene_P5

Prophet of Regret
Apr 17, 2020
Xbox is killing it with the free Xbox Series X|S updates.
I used to be a PS4 guy this gen for the most of the time, even though I owned a Xbox One and now X. However MS really impressed me with some of the decisions and their commitment. In my opinion and I know that's super subjective MS has the most consumer friendly approach for a few years now and that's why I am currently liking Xbox a bit more than PS or Nintendo. But I enjoy playing on all those consoles and I think it's great to see Playstation, Xbox and the Switch being in such a good position.

cyrribrae

Chicken Chaser
Jan 21, 2019
It's in beta? I don't see they mention it anywhere. Also if it's in beta then it's an awful strategy to update a good, working app on every platform to a version with less functions (and to a beta state, if it is). I mean I have checked it since my question, I literally can't buy anything now using ANY of the Xbox apps (because there's 4 different ones right now on the play store and the Xbox and Xbox beta is the same, just as the Game Pass and Game Pass Beta), even with the search function Klobrille mentioned I can only download the games to a console but there's no option to buy them. So basically we can say that there isn't a store now on mobile.
Yes. It sucks. They're working on it. It's not in beta, it was released. But obviously they released it in an unfinished state, if they were talking about addressing these complaints beforehand. So, you have to ask "why would they release it in an unfinished state"? Well, the only thing that this really changes for them is how many people can access the app on iOS thanks to Apple's policies. 10k people vs millions of people. I would not be surprised if they pushed this update so people could try console streaming. That's purely speculation. I do hope they add back that functionality because otherwise, the app is great.

I mean, you still have your mobile browser in the meantime.

Just any news usually dropping at the usual time. MCC news it is for today I guess.
Do we normally expect news on Tuesdays?

Dimple

Jan 10, 2018
Remote Play is bloody great, replaying Ori DE again, only now it's like:
8987734.gif

Hope

Banned
Oct 28, 2017

It feels really excited. Not that any of the stuff Nintendo and Sony are doing is bad, but all the decisions feel really excited and gaming needs that in my opinion.

knightmawk

Dec 12, 2018
If I've never play a fable game what would be the right one and version to start with?

The easiest thing is just gonna be the trilogy, they're backwards compatible and I'm pretty sure on Game Pass. A lot of people shit talk Fable Anniversary, but it's probably fine, animation maybe isn't as good, but it's not that big of a deal.

Playgrounds Fable isn't likely to connect that much with the original trilogy, but they're still great. They're also none of them very long games.

OrakioRob

Oct 25, 2017
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

Shirkelton

Aug 20, 2020
Oh, that's right, Legends was the cancelled co-op one, I was thinking of the on-rails game, what was that called?

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Kick it off with Fable: Anniversary. It's pretty dated, but if you can't enjoy it's charms, you're probably not going to find much to love about 2. Don't play 3 or Legends, they're bad.
Fable 3 was the first game I played after getting it from GwG, and I enjoyed it. LOL I still have to play Anniversary and 2.

Shirkelton

Aug 20, 2020
3 had a great concept, and an envious voice cast, especially for the time, but pretty much everything else fell by the way side and is way less interesting or developed. It's also way less charming and janky in that silly Fable way.

indosmoke

Oct 30, 2017
France
I agree with Fable Anniversary, then Fable 2.

I disagree Fable 3 is terrible though; yes it was disappointing (especially after 2) but if you really enjoy the franchise's core gameplay, "lore", atmosphere, etc. then Fable 3 is well worth your time.
OST, VA and narration are top notch in Fable 3 (actually the best in the series IMO).

I know it's not a popular opinion, but what can I do.

Shirkelton

Aug 20, 2020
I played Anniversary on PC and wanted to jump on Fable 2 immediately after I beat it. However, I didn't own an Xbox and the game was never ported to PC :(

That said, I've preordered a Series S and Fable 2 is one of my priorities. Can't wait to play it!

I played more of 1, out of necessity at the time, but I think 2 is definitely the better game, so enjoy.

The Journey, you'd have a hell of a time playing that today too, since it was a Kinect game.

Christ, it was a Kinect game, wasn't it, what a shame.

Status
Not open for further replies.