• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 15, 2020
Forgot about a lot of those GP games, and there's so many more. Personally really excited for Cyber Shadow.

Also next year it will indeed have been 4 years since the release of Wolfenstein II, so good chance of Wolf 3.
Yup. I didn't include things like Cyber Shadow because they will also go to other consoles at launch (and aren't first-party), but absolutely. Looks great!

Jaime.GGG

Oct 27, 2017
I've got a series x and just subscribed to gamepass for the first time. Damn Gears 5 and Ori are amazing! they look stunning and the gameplay is great! Looking forward to future projects from this devs.

Do you guys play Ori with the stick or dpad? I usually use the dpad for platformers but ori feels better using the stick somehow?

bsigg

Oct 25, 2017
I've got a series x and just subscribed to gamepass for the first time. Damn Gears 5 and Ori are amazing! they look stunning and the gameplay is great! Looking forward to future projects from this devs.

Do you guys play Ori with the stick or dpad? I usually use the dpad for platformers but ori feels better using the stick somehow?

Played with the stick, it just feels so much better with Ori.

In Amber Clad

rather sultry
Aug 26, 2018
London
I'd normally play 2D (or at least side-on) games with the d-pad, but Ori is better with the stick when it comes to things like fine grain aiming with the bash ability, etc.

i would not think so as it will also be on xbox one and using the same game engine assets, i can only imagine what the next true next gen gears will look like on UE5 :O

Yeah, you're probably right, just wondering if it might be made for Series and scaled down, rather than made for XBO and scaled up, if that makes sense. Though, having said that, there's probably very little distinction to be made there :D

solis74

Jun 11, 2018
I'd normally play 2D (or at least side-on) games with the d-pad, but Ori is better with the stick when it comes to things like fine grain aiming with the bash ability, etc.

Yeah, you're probably right, just wondering if it might be made for Series and scaled down, rather than made for XBO and scaled up, if that makes sense. Though, having said that, there's probably very little distinction to be made there :D

i think the devs said somewhere that due to modified engine they use its very hard to retrofit next gen stuff like RT in ect.. so i'm guessing there next effort will have all the bells and whistles for next gen only games :)

GING-SAMA

Banned
Jul 10, 2019
We know now, why we don't have any gameplay on XSX for Games like Fable,Avowed,Forza etc... (GDK June 2020)

I think we will eating CGI until June 2021 sadly.

Last edited:

Klobrille

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
In general, there is no need for them to show the gameplay on Xbox Series X|S at all cost, as all their games will release on PC as well.

GING-SAMA

Banned
Jul 10, 2019
I saw for the first time, Interstellar yesterday and my hype level for Starfield increase by x1000 (My hype was already high).

Todd Howard x Pure Sci/fi is incredible combo...

Jeremy Soule needed for the OST.

FaultLineBlues

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Jul 14, 2020
Maybe this is just me, but I've been playing Forza Horizon 4 on my XSX, after playing 3 on my One S, and while 4 does a LOT of things better, including mind blowing visuals, just a really well crafted world, etc. does anyone kinda miss some of the stuff in 3? It might just be because it's the first Horizon game I really got my hooks into, but I really did like the setting and the music in the game.

In Amber Clad

rather sultry
Aug 26, 2018
London

TiagoCosta

User requested ban
Banned
Aug 3, 2018
Dunno if legit, but I found this tweet interesting:

Kinda implies the studio is already using a new SDK version.

lunanto

Banned
Dec 1, 2017
I guess we will start soon to speculate about which XGS games we could see at the Game Awards.

I think nobody has mentioned it, but chances of seeing Gears 5 DLC are high, if it is indeed releasing on December,.

Prine

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That would be nice. Its been almost a year since we have seen anything I think.
I'd be happy with a Kojima style in game cinematic, a bit like last time but shows off gameplay ideas. Same goes for the other studios, I know there won't be any hint of gameplay trailer this year from XGS, but this would be an ok compromise.

Steelyuhas

Oct 27, 2017
If the game is not announced there's no way I can see that for myself.
Gears 5 is already a GDK title, there's a 0% chance any future title from them won't also be GDK.
Yeah, they'll be using the new GDK not XDK. XDK doesn't support XSX/XSS. It's the GDK that's the alleged issue with games underperforming as it has come in hot.
There is actually XDK support on XSX/XSS, you can make a "Gen9Aware" title with XDK that allows the dev you toggle higher resolutions/frame rates/settings, etc. Safe to assume that's doesn't include the full range of features that GDK provides though.

Oct 19, 2018
I guess we will start soon to speculate about which XGS games we could see at the Game Awards.

I think nobody has mentioned it, but chances of seeing Gears 5 DLC are high, if it is indeed releasing on December,.
It very well could be an "Available Now/After the show" kind of thing - would be a good announcement.

Beyond that, my guesses would be:
- Psychonauts 2 release date trailer for Spring 2021
- Microsoft Flight Simulator for console for Spring 2021
- The Initiative teaser of their first project, not dated

SpottieO

Oct 25, 2017
I adore Image & Form but I really don't know what to thinks about The Gunk. Hopefully they can really pull it off with their first 3D game.

Oct 25, 2017
*sigh*

Is anyone having issues with hard crashes on the Series S? I can't play anything without it either booting to the home screen (Viva Piñata) or outright hard crashing the console (Halo 5, Ori and the Will of the Wisps, Forza Horizon 4). Is this something that Microsoft talked about?

Sep 1, 2020
*sigh*

Is anyone having issues with hard crashes on the Series S? I can't play anything without it either booting to the home screen (Viva Piñata) or outright hard crashing the console (Halo 5, Ori and the Will of the Wisps, Forza Horizon 4). Is this something that Microsoft talked about?
Zero problems so far, maybe reinstalling the OS should resolve them, I remember you could do something like that with the Xbox one, these early days for sure are gonna have some bugs and some bad consoles, hoping you can resolve it.

knightmawk

Dec 12, 2018
So are Bethesda games coming to PS5 because Im hearing a lot of sources claiming they are. I been out of the loop for WEEKS.
Long answer.

No one knows for sure yet. Microsoft can't strictly make that decision yet, since the acquisition isn't complete. Xbox has said a few things in different voices which all ultimately boil down to the classic "case by case basis". Academically, from a marketing and analytics point of view, I think what makes the most sense is most Zenimax games will be exclusive, but online FTP games like MMOs or card game spinoffs will stay multi-platform.

The absolute most multi-platform I can see would be existing major franchises stay multi-platform (Elder Scrolls, Fallout, maybe Doom?), minor franchises (Dishonored, Prey, maybe Doom?) are either Xbox exclusive or multi-platform with timed exclusivity on Xbox, and everything new will be Xbox exclusive.

Say again though, we don't know and we probably won't for a bit. Anyone saying anything definitive is at best speculating and at worse wishful thinking.

NediarPT88

Oct 29, 2017

I think Ori is meant to be played with the stick since you have different movement speeds depending how much you tilt the stick.

With d-pad it's just on or off.

BrucCLea13k87

Oct 27, 2017
I agree, the amount of effects/textures at 60fps is amazing

Demon's Souls is the best looking game right now. But Gears 5 could make a run for second. The game is insanely good looking for being set on last gen hardware. That's so weird to say.

I have both consoles. Just re upped my Game Pass for a year. Just scrolling through the catalog and holy shit...what an insane value. I mean, it's almost criminal.

craven68

Jun 20, 2018
Demon's Souls is the best looking game right now. But Gears 5 could make a run for second. The game is insanely good looking for being set on last gen hardware. That's so weird to say.

I have both consoles. Just re upped my Game Pass for a year. Just scrolling through the catalog and holy shit...what an insane value. I mean, it's almost criminal.
Didn't play démon soul, for me it's Gears 5 , ori and Ghost of tsushima at 60!
These three games amaze me every Times i play them x)

Xpider_MX

Aug 13, 2020
México

Is Demon's 4k/60fps?

Status
Not open for further replies.