Status
Not open for further replies.

Joo

May 25, 2018
Does anyone know or think if there will be a difference with xCloud streaming quality between the Android app and iOS's browser-based client? Waiting to try it on an iPhone and I'm just curious.

Oct 12, 2020
Never been happier to have never played Gears 5. Will give it a go with the XSX. The question is...will that mean 2021? I'm really nervous about he supply for those poor sods (like me) who didn't secure a pre-order.

javiergame4

Oct 27, 2017
news.xbox.com

Inside Xbox Series X Optimized: Maneater - Xbox Wire

One of the biggest benefits of all that power is giving developers the ability to make games that are Xbox Series X Optimized. This means that they’ve taken full advantage of the unique capabilities of Xbox Series X, both for new titles built natively using the Xbox Series X development...

Maneater has RT.
It's a shame Microsoft removed RT from the box, we're not going to be able to enjoy it!

what's the release date for the X upgrade ? Also is this game any good ? Been eying it up for a while

Apr 18, 2018
f9zLW0N.png

I'm guessing it's a real unit and not a replica, Jeff Grub had an Xbox Series S in the background for the first ~15 minutes of the Games Beat Decides podcast today. The other host asked about it and he quickly hid it.

They are still recording but here's a link to the video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BsBT2BhEIIE

Adrifi

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Jan 5, 2019
the Spanish Basque Country
Okay so I tried to make what I THINK is a realistic schedule for some of Xbox Game Studios' releases for 2021, 2022 and 2023.

- Halo Infinite

- Psychonauts 2

- Grounded

- Microsoft Flight Simulator (Xbox)

- As Dusk Falls

- Crossfire X (I think it's going to be delayed)

- Deathloop (PS5)

- Ghostwire Tokyo (PS5)

- Starfield? (the leaker says it targets 2021 and he hasn't been debunked so I'm gonna assume he's right, could slip into 2022 because of the pandemic)

- Wolfenstein 3? (either 2021 or 2022)

- Everwild

- Forza Motorsport (early 2022)

- Forza Horizon 5 (September 2022)

- Gears 6

- Hellblade 2

- Arkane Austin's new game (Prey 2?)

- Avowed is targeting late 2022 according to sponger, the mods confirmed he could have access to that information, although they couldn't confirm the information itself. Could launch in 2023 because of the pandemic.

- Deathloop (Xbox)

- Ghostwire Tokyo (Xbox)

- Starfield? (either 2021 or 2022)

- The Initiative's game

- Fable

- Inxile's first project (the one in development since 2018, not the one in pre-production thought to be steampunk themed)

- Doom 3 (remember Eternal was supposed to launch in 2019 so I think that 2023 is realistic, could be early 2024; by the way, I think it might be called Doom Immortal, just a gut feeling)

- Arkane Austin might release something in 2023. They might be working on the pre-production of Dishonored 3 or Deathloop 2 as we speak, actually, since Deathloop is pretty much finished and it was delayed probably because of technical and QOL issues and not creative issues.

A few notes:

1 - Everything could be delayed because of the pandemic.

2 - I have no idea what 343 might do after Infinite and honestly I think they are in a pretty bad place. We know they have started development on a new Halo game (job listings) after Infinite but we'll see what happens and how Infinite is received.

3 - I have no idea what other studios could do next (Zenimax Online is making a new online game but I don't know when that could launch, don't know if Mojang will make new games, etc.).

4 - I'm assuming Turn 10 will launch FM and they will keep updating the game regularly throughout the generation, also I think this will be their business model from now on in every new gen.

5 - I think we cannot speculate about 2024 and 2025 yet, it's too soon.

6 - Project MARA and Project Insight will probably have launched before 2023 but I don't know when exactly, depends on the scope of the projects.

7 - Double Fine will probably have released something other than Psychonauts 2 before 2023 too, don't know when exactly.

8 - Xbox Game Studios Publishing might get new partnerships in this period of time (2021-2023), those games are usually revealed a year or a year and a half before they launch, so it's hard to say anything about what they might come up with.

9 - Having played Gears 5, I think that 6 will be the ending of the Marcus Fenix saga and that The Coalition might work on other Gears games but not Gears 7 or 8. Something like Gears Tactics 2 or a Pendulum Wars prequel, for example.

10 - I think a Marcus Fenix Collection will launch sometime this gen, we have even seen Xbox employees tweeting about it and I doubt they would have done it if there hadn't been talks about the possibility.

Feel free to share your opinion.

arsene_P5

Prophet of Regret
Apr 17, 2020
Is it just me or is this thread moving at a rather good pace?

Seems like we were on OT XI forever, and now we're cooking with gas.
Yep the thread is moving faster and I like that. There don't seem to be that many Xbox fans in resetera, but I hope the community stays and can exist here. Without the concern trolls pre next gen launch and all that, resetera is the best forum out there.

I don't think both Forza games will release in the same year. As to which game comes first and in 2021 remains to be seen. My prediction is that one of the Forza games will release 2021.

Adrifi

Banned
Jan 5, 2019
Yep the thread is moving faster and I like that. There don't seem to be that many Xbox fans in resetera, but I hope the community stays and can exist here. Without the concern trolls pre next gen launch and all that, resetera is the best forum out there.
I don't think both Forza games will release in the same year. As to which game comes first and in 2021 remains to be seen. My prediction is that one of the Forza games will release 2021.
Yeah, Forza is a bit of a mystery to me. Horizon 5 might launch in 2021 for all we know.

Pryme

Aug 23, 2018
Okay so I tried to make what I THINK is a realistic schedule for some of Xbox Game Studios' releases for 2021, 2022 and 2023.

- Halo Infinite

- Psychonauts 2

- Grounded

- As Dusk Falls

- Deathloop (PS5)

- Ghostwire Tokyo (PS5)

- Starfield? (the leaker says it targets 2021 and he hasn't been debunked so I'm gonna assume he's right, could slip into 2022 because of the pandemic)

- Everwild

- Gears 6

- Hellblade 2

- Avowed is targeting late 2022 according to sponger, the mods confirmed he could have access to that information, although they couldn't confirm the information itself. Could launch in 2023 because of the pandemic.

- Deathloop (Xbox)

- Ghostwire Tokyo (Xbox)

- The Initiative's game

- Fable

- Inxile's first project (the one in development since 2018, not the one in pre-production thought to be steampunk themed)

- Doom 3 (remember Eternal was supposed to launch in 2019 so I think that 2023 is realistic, could be early 2024; by the way, I think it might be called Doom Immortal, just a gut feeling)

- Arkane Austin might release something in 2023. They might be working on the pre-production of Dishonored 3 or Deathloop 2 as we speak, actually, since Deathloop is pretty much finished and it was delayed probably because of technical and QOL issues and not creative issues.

A few notes:

2 - I have no idea what 343 might do after Infinite and honestly I think they are in a pretty bad place. We know they have started development on a new Halo game (job listings) after Infinite but we'll see what happens and how Infinite is received.

3 - I have no idea what other studios could do next (Zenimax Online is making a new online game but I don't know when that could launch, don't know if Mojang will make new games, etc.).

4 - I'm assuming Turn 10 will launch FM and they will keep updating the game regularly throughout the generation, also I think this will be their business model from now on in every new gen.

6 - Project MARA and Project Insight will probably have launched before 2023 but I don't know when exactly, depends on the scope of the projects.

7 - Double Fine will probably have released something other than Psychonauts 2 before 2023 too, don't know when exactly.

8 - Xbox Game Studios Publishing might get new partnerships in this period of time (2021-2023), those games are usually revealed a year or a year and a half before they launch, so it's hard to say anything about what they might come up with.

9 - Having played Gears 5, I think that 6 will be the ending of the Marcus Fenix saga and that The Coalition might work on other Gears games but not Gears 7 or 8. Something like Gears Tactics 2 or a Pendulum Wars prequel, for example.

10 - I think a Marcus Fenix Collection will launch sometime this gen, we have even seen Xbox employees tweeting about it and I doubt they would have done it if there hadn't been talks about the possibility.

Nobody is going to release two Forza racing games in one year.

Great list, otherwise :)

The Lord of Cereal

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Jan 9, 2020
f9zLW0N.png

I'm guessing it's a real unit and not a replica, Jeff Grub had an Xbox Series S in the background for the first ~15 minutes of the Games Beat Decides podcast today. The other host asked about it and he quickly hid it.

They are still recording but here's a link to the video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BsBT2BhEIIE
Honest question, why does Grubb look like a white Jason Momoa?

But also that's a pretty big "oh shit" moment and the fact that he didn't just say "oh it's a replica" but actually took it down tells me that yeah, he definitely has one, even if that wasn't the real thing. Hopefully he won't get in trouble for that because it's an honest mistake

MCD

Honest Work
Oct 27, 2017
BTW guys, please play Katana Zero on Game Pass. Possibly the best indie game I played along with The Messenger this year.

It's insane how Xbox went from shitty indie (as well as little to no Japanese) support from possibly the best place to play these gems.

knightmawk

Dec 12, 2018

- Halo Infinite

- Psychonauts 2

- Grounded

- As Dusk Falls

- Deathloop (PS5)

- Ghostwire Tokyo (PS5)

- Everwild

- Gears 6

- Hellblade 2

- Deathloop (Xbox)

- Ghostwire Tokyo (Xbox)

- The Initiative's game

- Fable

A few notes:

This isn't even a little bit silly. I'd add a couple things.

• Doom Eternal has another Expansion coming, or at least more content, considering The Ancient God's is a "part one". Either that or its a cheeky joke that went over my head.
  • The Insight Project isn't a game, or at the very least not one game with a release date. It's kind of more or a R&D project meant to foster the development of games (and maybe other stuff) that can help destigmatize and help people deal with mental illness and the effects it has. Games by Ninja Theory may come out of it, and games by other developers or solo developers may come out of it, but it's not a game itself like Project Mara
  • I'm thinking Roundhouse Studios will release their first project by 2023. I base that a little bit on the fact that they are basically just Humanhead with a different name and Humanhead supposedly had a 2nd project in the works at the same time as Rune II, but it's like 90% just a gut feeling, 10% evidence.

In Amber Clad

behind a perfect mask
Aug 26, 2018
London
I assumed that being a moderator came with a team of indentured servants who you could send out to get stuff like that for you. Otherwise, it seems just kinda like a bad deal? Like why would you do such a thankless task if you weren't getting anything out of it, right? Crazy.

You get the rush of blood when you swing the banhammer >:)

arsene_P5

Prophet of Regret
Apr 17, 2020
Yeah, Forza is a bit of a mystery to me. Horizon 5 might launch in 2021 for all we know.
Yep. I forgot to mention that I liked your post and prediction/summary. Most seems to be very likely imo.
I said it before and I'll say it again. Gears 5 will be the best looking game this Holiday.
Nah, I think on Xbox this could be true, unless Cyberpunk even without the next gen patch hits it out of the park. But on PS5 MM and DS will take the crown imo. Just very well done by Sony and their teams.
Isn't this the second tease in short Intervalls? There is something happening imo.

Adrifi

Banned
Jan 5, 2019
This isn't even a little bit silly. I'd add a couple things.

• Doom Eternal has another Expansion coming, or at least more content, considering The Ancient God's is a "part one". Either that or its a cheeky joke that went over my head.
  • The Insight Project isn't a game, or at the very least not one game with a release date. It's kind of more or a R&D project meant to foster the development of games (and maybe other stuff) that can help destigmatize and help people deal with mental illness and the effects it has. Games by Ninja Theory may come out of it, and games by other developers or solo developers may come out of it, but it's not a game itself like Project Mara
  • I'm thinking Roundhouse Studios will release their first project by 2023. I base that a little bit on the fact that they are basically just Humanhead with a different name and Humanhead supposedly had a 2nd project in the works at the same time as Rune II, but it's like 90% just a gut feeling, 10% evidence.
Thank you for adding to it!

solis74

Jun 11, 2018
my edit :)

- Halo Infinite

- Psychonauts 2

- Grounded

- As Dusk Falls

- Deathloop (PS5)

- Ghostwire Tokyo (PS5)

- Everwild

- complusion new game

- zenimax online new game

- AOE4

- Gears 6

- Hellblade 2

- Deathloop (Xbox)

- Ghostwire Tokyo (Xbox)

- The Initiative's game

- sod3

- Roundhouse new game

- tango games - new game

- Fable

A few notes:

Hawk269

Oct 26, 2017
I'm still fully expecting a Forza Horizon 4 expansion. Hope we get all the details in the updates to existing games before launch.
It would be great if they made a new expansion. Would love that actually. Hope we get some news soon on both Forza 4 and SoT. Would love to hear what they are planning to offer to Series X owners.

Hawk269

Oct 26, 2017
I wonder this every damn day.
lol. I play SoT at times on PC and boy does the game look gorgeous with higher settings and 60+ FPS. The biggest thing is the Shadow Quality which really changes the game visually. I think a lot of people think bumping to 4k/60fps is the sweet spot, but all these shadow settings, AF settings and several others have a major impact on how a game looks. Take Gears 5 updates for Series X...The Coalition get's it. It is not enough to just go Native 4k. I really hope SoT and Forza 4 brings more than 4k/60fps.

Noble

Oct 27, 2017
Curious question:

If they might have a browser-based solution early next year for iOS, doesn't that mean that we should also be getting desktop browser support? At least if it works on Safari iOS, it shouldn't be hard to make it work on Mac Safari.

Mifune

Oct 30, 2017
lol. I play SoT at times on PC and boy does the game look gorgeous with higher settings and 60+ FPS. The biggest thing is the Shadow Quality which really changes the game visually. I think a lot of people think bumping to 4k/60fps is the sweet spot, but all these shadow settings, AF settings and several others have a major impact on how a game looks. Take Gears 5 updates for Series X...The Coalition get's it. It is not enough to just go Native 4k. I really hope SoT and Forza 4 brings more than 4k/60fps.

How does SoT run on the One X? I play on a base console so 4k/60 would be a major upgrade for me. Honestly I'll be surprised if that's all the patch gives us.

Going by the Gears info, yeah, it seems like contact shadowing is gonna make a big difference this gen.

Hawk269

Oct 26, 2017
How does SoT run on the One X? I play on a base console so 4k/60 would be a major upgrade for me. Honestly I'll be surprised if that's all the patch gives us.

Going by the Gears info, yeah, it seems like contact shadowing is gonna make a big difference this gen.
I believe it is 4k/30fps on One X. Shadows compared to the PC version looks to be low or medium. It run well on One X and a 60fps upgrade would be nice...but I hope they can do more than just 60fps...improve shadows, AF and AO.

solis74

Jun 11, 2018
BTW guys, please play Katana Zero on Game Pass. Possibly the best indie game I played along with The Messenger this year.

It's insane how Xbox went from shitty indie (as well as little to no Japanese) support from possibly the best place to play these gems.

Looks interesting, combat and puzzles

BoxScar

Jul 21, 2020
Looking forward to playing through Gears 5 again when I get my new TV. Love Bender as Fenix, but it will be fun to watch Bautista.

Apart from that boss that boss in the ice cave, I might just skip that bit

Jamie

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
I didn't finished my playthrough of gears of war 5 so playing it on the series x is going to be something else. Just looks incredible, diminishing returns my butt.

Jamie

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
I'm not sure I want to participate in that trivia fanfest thingy tonight. I know I ain't getting pass that first round and that's just demoralizing. Good luck to everyone who joins in tonight! I know one of you will be getting top ten tonight...or don't show your face here again O.o

Mifune

Oct 30, 2017
I believe it is 4k/30fps on One X. Shadows compared to the PC version looks to be low or medium. It run well on One X and a 60fps upgrade would be nice...but I hope they can do more than just 60fps...improve shadows, AF and AO.

For sure a mere 4k/60 bump would be pretty disappointing. I think we'll get more though.

Status
Not open for further replies.