• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Jul 10, 2020
careers.microsoft.com

Senior Manager, Xbox Business Strategy in Redmond, Washington, United States | Business Development & Strategy at Microsoft

Apply for Senior Manager, Xbox Business Strategy job with Microsoft in Redmond, Washington, United States. Business Development & Strategy at Microsoft

From the description:

"On Team Xbox, we aspire to empower the world's 3 billion gamers to "play the games they want, with the people they want, anywhere they want". Gaming, the largest and fastest growing category in media & entertainment, represents an important growth opportunity for Microsoft. We are leading with innovation, as highlighted by our launches of Xbox Series S | X, Xbox Game Pass, and xCloud, and our acquisition of ZeniMax Media (Bethesda).

The Gaming Strategy & Business Planning team serves as the corporate strategy function for Team Xbox. We partner closely with the Gaming Leadership Team to identify and evaluate transformative growth opportunities. Our charter includes leading Gaming's M&A program (e.g., ZeniMax, Ninja Theory, Double Fine), identifying and understanding key industry dynamics, and helping to answer Gaming's most challenging business questions. Our collaborations with the Gaming Leadership Team help set the direction for the business, both with Team Xbox and with Microsoft's CEO, Senior Leadership Team, and Board of Directors.

We are looking for a talented and motivated strategy leader who can frame and drive projects across the organization in partnership with senior executives, bring analytical discipline to ambiguous questions, collaborate and communicate effectively with a diverse set of internal partners, and bring fresh perspective and enthusiasm."

This position was opened on March 11th, 2021, THE EXACT SAME DAY AS THE BETHESDA JOINS XBOX ROUNDTABLE.

Dest

Has seen more 10s than EA ever will
Coward
Jun 4, 2018
Work
that's it boys close up they're buying nintendo

rokkerkory

Banned
Jun 14, 2018
From posting, I would think that's a tough order for a Sr Manager to pull off that level of strategy... would be better off a Director or above.

SpottieO

Oct 25, 2017
It'd be negligent of MS leadership to not have a running list of possible acquisitions. Doesn't mean anything will happen though.

Ovvv

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Jan 11, 2019
They should hire someone from here

DanteMenethil

Oct 25, 2017
gm-37f5a021-b314-4796-80bb-f43f613c5fc2-sega-microsoft.jpg

sangreal

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
this is a pretty standard role. The words in the title don't actually appear in the listing, and M&A is just one of the responsibilities

ATOMICJORGE

Oct 25, 2017
But is that even legal?

Seriously speaking Microsoft is on full force to solidify Xbox present and future that is awesome

Conor

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
He fucked with PlayStation
He fucked with Google
Maybe it's Microsoft's turn????

No, please, stay away from this man, Microsoft.
He actually already fucked with Xbox. Some of the rumours are that he was semi responsible for their move towards GaaS games in the late 360 to early X1 times, a double team with Don.

HonestAbe

May 19, 2020
Can somebody explain in Leymans terms what this actually means?

That you are not qualified for the position. ;)

It means someone to help look for mergers and aquisition. Not just any old M&As but meaningful and impactful (for growth -- financial or otherwise). Probably need to be good at understanding, analyzing. and articulating financial documents and analysis.

tacocat

Alt account
Banned
Jan 17, 2020
I kind of hate how huge corporations that have limitless money buy everything they can. It's cool for gamepass but it sucks having everyone under the same roof. We don't need another EA or Activision. So many of the studios they absorbed are garbage now. I'm not saying MS will run their studios like EA but their track record doesnt really inspire confidence.

SgtCobra

Oct 25, 2017
Same, say Microsoft scoops up Sega and then Sony goes after Square and then Amazon buys WB.
Is that really the future we want for this industry?
I guess the first domino fell, I expect a lot of acquisitions in the next 3 or 4 years.
Well yeah it's what many people want nowadays, as long as it's coming to their preferred platform of choice. Like you said, the first domino fell and people are hungry for more.

Sep 7, 2020
I would have assumed that they already had a position created and filled for this sort of thing. Is this really thread creation worthy? We all know that both Microsoft and Sony plan to acquire more studios over the next few years, I don't think whoever MS hires will really give a big indication into who they may be looking to acquire. I think at this point it would safe to assume that they have approached most of the independent devs and probably a few other publishers as well.

Deleted member 30544

User Requested Account Closure
Banned
Nov 3, 2017
Buy SEGA, NINTENDO, SONY , DISNEY, WARNER

DO IT MICROSOFT DO IT!!!

Me if I'm hired for this position *