Prophet of Truth
Apr 22, 2020
gm-37f5a021-b314-4796-80bb-f43f613c5fc2-sega-microsoft.jpg
Xbox is going to acquire Mixer back from Facebook HUGE

Deleted member 63213

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 20, 2020
It will get to a point where you will 'have' to own an Xbox or Gamepass sub because too many of your favourite developers or franchises will be exclusive to the ecosystem.
That you are not qualified for the position. ;)

It means someone to help look for mergers and aquisition. Not just any old M&As but meaningful and impactful (for growth -- financial or otherwise). Probably need to be good at understanding, analyzing. and articulating financial documents and analysis.

thanks understood. Going to throw my CV in the mix

defaltoption

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Austin
Would love to know what a position like this pays at a company like this. Gotta be massive numbers after all incentives and bonuses.

Sia

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Jun 9, 2020
Canada
I can't wait for Microsoft to buy most of the industry and have 30$ /mo game pass subs.

Azerth

Prophet of Truth - Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
Will be intresting to see who they aquire next. Im hoping they also open another studio after pd comes out

Yahsper

Oct 29, 2017
It's like some here thought an intern was doing this job before and only now they're hiring because they're getting serious about it.

ginge

Jul 23, 2020

Brrandon

Dec 13, 2019
You posted the wrong one, there a director level version of this same job posting that specifically mentions M&A

And another posting for a "gaming business development director", which includes as part of the job description "identify inorganic growth opportunities"
Gaming Business Development Director in Redmond, Washington, United States | Business Development & Ventures at Microsoft

poking around a bit there are ~5 job postings that specifically call out M&A or "inorganic growth"
hmm 5 positions? 5 new studios this year. boom. /s

MmNow

Apr 2, 2021
Same, say Microsoft scoops up Sega and then Sony goes after Square and then Amazon buys WB.
Is that really the future we want for this industry?
I guess the first domino fell, I expect a lot of acquisitions in the next 3 or 4 years.
This gen is already shaping up to be a good one for multi-plat owners and it's only going to become more obvious going forward.

Gamers who paid their $400 (probably on a PS4, let's be real) because they were happy to miss the other side's output aren't going to find it so easy this generation. And they'll be pissed off at that, but they created the circumstances where this was necessary.

I'd rather there were no exclusives, but if we're collectively going to celebrate and encourage that, this was always going to be the end game. Especially with the shadows of Amazon and Friends looming on the horizon.

Thorakai

Oct 27, 2017
At least it isn't a new Metroid Prime 4 job posting, I can't take another sign that the game hasn't started development yet. /s

Oct 25, 2017
You posted the wrong one, there a director level version of this same job posting that specifically mentions M&A

And another posting for a "gaming business development director", which includes as part of the job description "identify inorganic growth opportunities"
Gaming Business Development Director in Redmond, Washington, United States | Business Development & Ventures at Microsoft

poking around a bit there are ~5 job postings that specifically call out M&A or "inorganic growth"

OH THE HUMANITY

This is totally normal for a company of this size.

Oct 27, 2017
Seattle
Our charter includes leading Gaming's M&A program (e.g., ZeniMax, Ninja Theory, Double Fine)

Responsibilities:

Developing and evaluating the business case for content & tech acquisitions (M&A)

Oh my..

Edit: I realize this is normal for large corporations, but it says somethjng that they are hiring several upper leadership/middle leadership that is dealing with M&A, maybe they are carving out a newer department?

Last edited:

Lightjolly

Oct 30, 2019
This is on all you guys, the ones that kept going on and on about how Microsoft didn't have any exclusives, this is entirely your fault

MistahS

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Sep 2, 2018
Put Sarah Bond in there she's killing it with the Game Pass deals :P

Tiago Rodrigues

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 15, 2018
I don't get it...
Don't all companies have people that do this?

Legit question.

Deleted member 43

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 24, 2017

inpHilltr8r

Oct 27, 2017
someone took their hefty bonus and resigned to their dream house on the day the deal closed, this is hiring to replace that