• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

colorblindmode

Chicken Chaser
Nov 26, 2019
South Carolina
I'm really keeping my expectations in check here, I can't wait to see Halo Infinite but not sure how it will show.
A new fable sounds.... okay...? but not something thats going to make me jump out of my seat.

I would lose my mind if we saw any of the following:
- Perfect Dark Reboot
- Banjo Reboot
- Killer Instinct 4

My "pie-in-the-sky" dream is:

Cut to an animated, whimsical world. A shadow comes down. The shadow sprouts wings. Banjo and Kazooie step into the light. Fade to black... "Banjo-Kazooie. A new project by Tim Schafer and Double Fine Studios."

Eamon

Prophet of Truth
Apr 22, 2020
Made some minor updates:

1. Phil Spencer Key-note/spech (3 mins)
2. Halo Infinite Campaign gameplay (10 mins)
3. Forza Motorsport 8 gameplay (5 mins)
4. Psychonauts 2 Series X Enhanced Trailer (2.5 mins)
5. Tim Schaefer + Future of Double Fine - new IP tease (3 - 4 mins)
6. Tell me Why tease (2.5 mins)
7. AA partner exclusive Tease (2.5 mins)
8. Japanese AA partner trailer (2.5 mins)
9. Non Western Indie New IP tease (2 mins)
10. Obsidian New IP (3-4 mins)
11. Capcom Exclusive (3 mins)
12. AAA exclusive Reveal (2.5 mins)
13. Indie/AA classic Xbox IP revival (3 mins)
14. Everwild Gameplay reveal (4.5 mins)
15. Banjo Redooie (Rare x Playtonic) 1 mins
16. Hellblade 2 story trailer (2.5 mins)
17. Fable Reveal (4 mins)

Last edited:

Deleted member 56752

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
May 15, 2019
Anybody expecting anything more than Xbox game studios games needs to absolutely stop. I don't want to hear you we're disappointed. They explicitly said Xbox game studios games only

Kratos2013

Jan 25, 2018
I'm going to be honest, as hyped as I am for Halo Infinite, I kind of wish it would be towards the end of the showcase (maybe just a trailer at the beginning), because once I see that reveal ill have a hard time getting excited about the rest.

lamalande

Feb 9, 2019
Halo at the beginning or at the end, it's the big question, if it's at the end it's a shame we're not getting a one more thing (or maybe it could simply be the release date which also will be the release date of the console). If it's at the beginning it also mean that they're very confident of what they have in the store for the rest of the showcase.

So here's my realistic expectations :

- Opens with Halo Infinite Story Trailer + Gameplay Demo + Multiplayer tease (longer reveal at a later date for it), ~10 minutes
- Phil Spencer speech, made on a complete empty Microsoft Theater (why not?), on the importance of redefining Xbox around what matters : your experience as a gamer. More diverse lineup ever, bigger than ever. (~3 minutes)
- Switch to a section of upcoming announced games : Grounded is shown (new trailer / environements) / Wasteland 3 gets a Final trailer / DLC for Outer Worlds (confirmed patch for XSX) / DLC for Gears 5 with enphasize of XSX optimizations / Tell me Why trailer (Chapter 1 coming next week) ~ 13 minutes
- Everwild is shown by Rare, it's a service game, with quest structures inspired by Sea Of Thieves' but the game rely more on exploration that SoT. It's coming 2021 ~4 minutes
- Forza is shown, successor to Motorsport 7, now featuring a story mode and is coming in 2021 (XO/XSX). ~4 minutes)
- Montage of what it means to be part of XGS : creativity, more freedom, not having to be afraid of cutting stuffs, Tim Schaffer speaks about that on how it enhanced Psychonauts II (~3 minutes)
- Speaking of... Psychonauts II is shown, it's now coming early 2021 on XSX / XO / PS4 / PC (~3 minutes)
- Xbox Game Pass transition, the service is becoming bigger than ever, the ultimate experience on console and the best value for you, gamers. Upcoming XGP games are shown. (~2minutes)
- Phil thanks partner to make XGP the best value proposition of the market and introduces games made by their partners
- The Medium is shown (~3 minutes)
- Japanese AA Game is shown (~2 minutes)
- Temporary Exclusive Games by important studio is unveiled (~3 minutes)
- Cyberpunk 2077 is shown running on a console for the first time, on XSX (~3 minutes)
- ID @ XBOX, upcoming independant games supported by Xbox are shown (a lot are coming to Gamepass) (~3 minutes)
- Phil Spencer talks about Xbox philosophy on aquiring new studios, and introduces Ninja Theory and why they are special, inclusive and creative (~4 minutes)
- Montage on Ninja Theory's philosophy, introducing to Project Mara (just speaking about it, nothing is shown) and introducing of... (~2 minutes)
- Hellblade II trailer (confirmed it will run on UE5 / some gameplay snippets are shown and the game looks impressive, no release date) (~3 minutes)
- Phil wants to thanks all XGS and people at Xbox for making this conference possible even with the WFH situation. They hope people are happy to see they are delivering, offering the most powerful console, and diverse lineup Xbox has never have on a console launch. Promise more to come. (~3 minutes)
Symphonic music is heard.
- Fables is shown. Complete reboot of the saga. It's visually impressive and seem to go deep on narrative. Some gameplay snippets are shown. No release date. (~3 minutes)

Governergrimm

Jun 25, 2019
Made some minor updates:

1. Phil Spencer Key-note/spech (3 mins)
2. Halo Infinite Campaign gameplay (10 mins)
3. Forza Motorsport 8 gameplay (5 mins)
4. Psychonauts 2 Series X Enhanced Trailer (2.5 mins)
5. Tim Schaefer + Future of Double Fine - new IP tease (3 - 4 mins)
6. Tell me Why tease (2.5 mins)
7. AA partner exclusive Tease (2.5 mins)
8. Japanese AA partner trailer (2.5 mins)
9. Non Western Indie New IP tease (2 mins)
10. Obsidian New IP (3-4 mins)
11. Capcom Exclusive (3 mins)
12. AAA exclusive Reveal (2.5 mins)
13. Indie/AA classic Xbox IP revival (3 mins)
14. Everwild Gameplay reveal (4.5 mins)
15. Banjo Redooie (Rare x Playtonic) 1 mins
16. Hellblade 2 story trailer (2.5 mins)
17. Fable Reveal (4 mins)
Not expecting that much. Would easily be 10/10 for me