• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Bear

Oct 25, 2017
Goodnight, Vert. Knew it had to happen at some point. Thanks for your work over the years.

flkRaven

Oct 25, 2017
Thank you for all you've done Vert.

I'm guessing you are ending this because sales have been posted on the main side a lot lately? Or because this thread is just overall less active recently? I may not post in here all the time, but I still check it every week.

Although to be fair, gamepass has me buying alot less.

BigMack

Oct 27, 2017

I'm guessing you are ending this because sales have been posted on the main side a lot lately? Or because this thread is just overall less active recently? I may not post in here all the time, but I still check it every week.

Probably bc deals are posted everywhere each week. A new thread here each week, major nelsons's blog and others. I'll be using True Achievements weekly sales posts now without this thread.

https://www.trueachievements.com/n34497/xbox-one-sale-roundup-september-18th-2018

I appreciate your time and effort, Vert, and will miss coming in here each week.

Vert boil

Oct 27, 2017
blackpool, england

Health issues combined with lack of time means some things need to change. The One new release thread is the only thing I'm going to continue with at least in the short term as I still benefit from it.

It took such a fucking long time but MS have finally (almost) started being competent with communicating what is available. On top of that automated sites have largely made a service thread (one thread that is consistently updated that has very little noise) doing round ups redundant now. The only thing they all lack is competent formatting and an informed overseer.

There also the old repetitive 360 era GTA deal issue that has re-emerged but at a monstrous level with Game Pass and GwG games being constantly thrust up our butts at a bloody pace and 'fake' sales with terrible prices being offer that only exist to fill a space on the dash and embiggen the list to trick people into thinking more is on offer than actually is. [/moan]

The only use for a service thread now is to track free play weekends, EA Access additions etc as that info is still easily lost if you aren't constantly paying attention.

Oynox

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Checked the thread every week as well, but it was only a matter of time you would stop. Thank you for the work all those years! It's been incredibly helpful.

It took such a fucking long time but MS have finally (almost) started being competent with communicating what is available. On top of that automated sites have largely made a service thread (one thread that is consistently updated that has very little noise) doing round ups redundant now. The only thing they all lack is competent formatting and an informed overseer.
Which sources do you mean exactly? Storeparser? I've always found that super buggy.